Lucio's BYOB & Grill
905 Taft St
Houston, TX 77019Neighborhood:
Midtown / Montrose
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Lucio's BYOB & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.luciosbyob.com/
- Phone: 7135239958x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday -Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: John Sjoberg & Brett M
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Chef's Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
A word from Lucio's BYOB & Grill
Lucio's is New American cuisine in a comforting yet upscale dining atmosphere, concentrating on seasonal and fresh local ingredients.Continued
Life is to be enjoyed, if you want to go somewhere to appreciate your bottle of wine and be reminded of the simple pleasures of life, this is it.
Life is to be enjoyed, if you want to go somewhere to appreciate your bottle of wine and be reminded of the simple pleasures of life, this is it.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Lucio's BYOB & Grill - Best Restaurants in Midtown / Montrose ›
Lucio's BYOB & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (41)fit for foodies (38)special occasion (26)romantic (21)great for outdoor dining (19)good for groups (11)hot spot (6)late-night find (2)great for lunch (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Hidden treatTurtlexingVIPDined on 9/4/2014You might pass this one without noticing it, but you'll be glad if you don't. Great food, nice atmosphere, good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CoffeePleaseVIPDined on 8/29/2014Excellent food and service every time!!! I ordered the lamb and my husband had scallops and risotto....both were delish. Our waiter, Melvin, always treats you like you are the only customer in the room. When the weather is cooler, I plan to sit outside on the patio.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningfoodiefamilyDined on 8/28/2014We were celebrating our anniversary and wanted a nice quiet place with great food. We had enjoyed eating here a few years ago and chose to return. The food was excellent and the presentation was beautiful. Service was very attentive but not imposing. We were also able to bring our favorite wine and only charged a nominal fee for corkage. Don't let the plain facade on the outside keep you away. The inside is very nice with white tablecloths and candle lit tables. This is our new favorite place and plan to return again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!BradleyDined on 8/26/2014We had a reservation at another restaurant for my wife's birthday. Less than 2 hrs beforehand, we noticed some rather terrible reviews of the other restaurant, and in looking for a replacement, we found Lucio's on Open Table. They had everything in place by the time we arrived and even followed the Special Instructions to a tee. I wouldn't call it kid-friendly, but we were there at 6pm and they had a highchair waiting for my 1-year old.Special Features:
- Food and Service are fantastic!diningduoVIPDined on 8/16/2014The uys had the Tuna and the gals had the scallops...and everyone loved their dishes. The BYOW aspect is nice as you can plan ahead on what to bring. Not sure why the $5 corking as it seems that's just a token but it's lower than most places so it's hard to complain. The wine selection there is nothng to get excited about so I would BYO if I were you.Special Features:
- Great food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/12/2014I've dined here several times and have never been disappointed! The food is prepared perfectly with beautiful presentation and the service is impeccable! I love that fact you can bring your own bottle of wine too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud, with good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/8/2014Food was excellent. Love the BYOB aspect, despite $8 corking fee. Service was extremely slow and inattentive. In a group of 6, so it worked out ok, but long periods of time with no check in from waiter, over 45 min twice.Special Features:
- Disappointing dinnerWineandfood23VIPDined on 8/2/2014We have come here for a number of years and it has been a gradual decline in our experience over the last year. We love that you can byob and used to love the splitting of plates since a full entree is too much when we order apps and salads. Apparently the kitchen is now too busy to put entrees on separate plates and instead they send a separate plate out so you can portion out the entree yourself. Low class. We also were told there was a full house and we could not get new wine glasses for our second bottle of wine we paid corkage on. I wouldn't normally be too perturbed but the first glass was a rose and the second glass was a very expensive full bodied red. Sadly, we will think twice about another dining experience here.
- Small well executed menuOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/31/2014Very good food with reasonable corkage fee, what could be better? Could not find one nit to pick!Special Features:
- DisappointingMarkDined on 7/26/2014We looked forward to Lucio's based on recommendations from friends. Although we appreciated the opportunity to bring our own wine, the food was expensive but was nothing special; they also would not accommodate a request for a side dish substitution. The crab "tower" was anything but-- perhaps an inch high? The service was also minimalist-- we accidently spilled some wine, but this was not acknowledged nor was any assistance offered. We won't be back.
- PattyDined on 7/22/2014This is my 3rd time eating at Lucio's. All three dinners have been very good.This visit I was with a party of 7. We had very good service and everyone enjoyed the food. I think most ordered the salmon and I had scallops. The waiter was accomodating when a few asked to switch the side dish that was normally served with the entree. Several of my guests had looked at the website ahead of time and were looking forward to ordering sea bass and bread pudding. Unfortunately these were not on the menu ... the waiter said they had not yet updated the website. I did not see Lucio's on the list for Houston Restaurant Weeks. Hope you'll consider participating! Also, fyi I love the BYOB option you offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not quite great this time.RosetejasDined on 7/18/2014Our hanger steaks was great as usual but the stacked potato was not. My wife's was burned on the bottom and mine was kind of greasy. Our waiter was just OK and did not really seem concerned though we eventually got a replacement for my wife's potato. Will not keep us from coming back again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 6/30/2014Very good food. Like the BYOB option. But overpriced given the many other excellent options in Houston.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/21/2014Food was outstanding. Extra plus was that it was BYOB. Casual with beautiful food presentation. Some people were in jackets and high heels while others in Bermuda shorts and sandals. Tables VERY close together and the place is noisy but we were celebrating a birthday and having a good time so it didn't bother us. I would go here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good BYOBShirleyDined on 6/21/2014We love dining at Lucio's! Our waiter was enjoyable and efficient. The food was good and we recommend this to anyone who enjoys having great food in a great restaurant and not having to wear a coat and tie.Special Features:
- Exquisite Service, Delicate CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Catered to my every request. Made my date feel very special. Treated us like royalty. Recommend to anyone seeking an elegant outing. BYOB.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great service.DeeInHoustonDined on 6/9/2014I chose this spot for the BYOB factor, and the reviews sounded decent. We had the calamari, (excellent), lamp chops, (also excellent), and the fillet, (very small and thin for the money, and slightly overcooked, but good). The brownie dessert was brought out for my friend's birthday, and it was so good, we ordered another one. We also had the creme brule, which was wonderful. Total bill for 3 people was $150. The only downside - I don't expect to see little kids at a place like this. There was one screaming baby and another who liked running around the restaurant. The dads did a decent job of taking the screaming child outside & coralling the runner, but why bring kids to an upscale place? Just my opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed it!GidgDined on 6/7/2014The outside and inside are nothing special, but the food is delicious. Small portions, but nice presentation.Special Features:
- CoffeePleaseVIPDined on 6/7/2014I'm regular here which is why I keep coming back. We took my in-laws here for the first time. Both loved the scallops and risotto. The creme brûlée was awesome. Of course our waiter Melvin is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerrificCardinalbillDined on 6/6/2014I gave it a 'quiet' rating because we sat outside on a beautiful Houston evening. We had a choice of inside or out and went with the quiet romance of the patio setting--the inside was vibrantly energetic and elevated. Our waiters, and Melvin in particular, made the evening for us. We smiled and laughed every time he came to the table. And the way he handled a minor mistake with our food was a classic response from a well-seasoned professional. The food was terrific, from the crab tower appetizer to the tuna (really outstanding flavors) and the scallops with the squash risotto.Special Features:
- Usually goodShirleyDined on 6/6/2014We have dined here more than 6 times and the food has always been great. This time two in our party ordered the Ahi tuna which is usually magnificent. This time both plates of tuna came out Luke warm with only a smear of watery wasabi potato. We were disappointed. This dish must be hot! I am sorry we did not complain and send it back. We will go again but not be so tolerant if that happens again.Special Features:
- Good neighborhood dinner spotMattPVIPDined on 6/6/2014I visited Lucio's because it's walking distance from my girlfriend's place. Everything was good but it would be hard to say it's worth the money. The service was iffy but they were all very nice. I think there are other places you can go for better food in the price bracket but if you want a cozy, neighborhood restaurant where you can BYOB, Lucio's is a good choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good jobOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/5/2014Most had lamb and all liked it :) we brought our own wine (which we love about this place-BBOB) but lots of good choices on the menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AmbiancegalleriagirlDined on 5/31/2014Had a great dinner, the waiter didn't rush us and we were able to have a leisurely meal. We started with the beef Carpaccio did not disappoint. The scallops were of course cooked perfectly and our goat cheese salads were nice. I love bringing friends here to experience the food at Lucio's. I've never had a complaint.Special Features:
- My favCoffeePleaseVIPDined on 5/31/2014I'm a regular. Love the scallops and risotto. This time I had the filet mignon that was cooked just right. We shared the brownie dessert that was wonderful. Will be back next week with my in laws.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High Quality recipesisee2Dined on 5/31/2014Food quality is superb and recipes are well chosen. Plating is elegant and portion sizes are appropriate and not excessive. We had a lovely romantic dinner. We support a restaurant such as Lucio"s allowing BYOB combined with their delicious food. Their food pairs well with fine wine.Special Features:
- Best byob in HoustonLocalgalDined on 5/30/2014Loved it! Lamb was excellent and creme brûlée was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BYOB is what sets it apartPassionatefoodieDined on 5/24/2014We were a party of 4 and all agreed that we enjoyed our overall dining experience at Lucio's. Food was good, particularly the sea scallops with risotto (the risotto was perfectly cooked, which is a rare find!) and the smoked duck breast. I wouldnt recommend the crab tower appetizer, which was a tiny flat square of crab with some avocado on top, not remotely a 'tower', and lacked flavor. The desserts were all excellent. We were disappointed that there were no nightly, off the menu appetizer or entree specials. What would bring us all back, over another neighborhood choice, is the ability to bring your own special bottle of wine to pair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 179 reviews are from the Lucio's BYOB & Grill reviews archive.
- A hidden gem!DreaDined on 5/15/2014This place is great! First, the fact that its BYOB is amazing. We brought a nice bottle of wine to dinner (everyone we saw brought wine as well) which really encourages you to splurge since you're saving so much when you bring your own alcohol. Everything on the menu sounded delectable. As for what we ordered, the calamari was fried to perfection, the seared ahi tuna melts in your mouth, and the pork was full of delicious flavors. Our waiter was hilarious and had the best mustache. For how mouthwatering all of the food was, the prices were great and well worth it. Everyone was so nice and there's no doubt that we will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- romantic bistroSteveDined on 5/15/2014The food is great, and it's a superb place for intimate conversation. I also like the economy of byob; take a good bottle!Special Features:
- GgomezhDined on 5/10/2014Great food, very nice patio, friendly service but they were just a bit too busy on a Sat night. Still great experience and will definitely be back!Special Features:
- One of Houston's best (and BYOB)!JoeSHoustonDined on 5/10/2014We have been dining here since near their beginning. We have consistently had great meals w/ superb service. We recently hosted friends here for our 25th wedding anniversary - it is that good. We have introduced many friends and they have made repeat visits.Special Features:
- Early Mother's Day DinnerfoodfanDined on 5/10/2014My mother is hard of hearing so we needed a restaurant where she could not only enjoy wonderful food but also hear the conversation at the table. Lucio's didn't disappoint. We had a 6:30pm reservation on Saturday night. The timing was just right. Lucio's was quiet enough during our meal but was starting to liven up as we were leaving. The food was excellent as always. Our server was personable, polite and attentive without being overbearing. We love being able to bring our own wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return customerTrixnmorDined on 5/8/2014I love this place. The food and service are consistently very good, although it can get a little loud. I love that can bring our own wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable!WenjoyfdDined on 5/5/2014My friends loved Lucio's. For appetizers, we had the crispy calamari and spinach dip w/pita chips. The Ahi Tuna, Filet Mignon and Sea Scallops were all delicious! The Roasted Butternut Squash is very good. Dessert - Chocolate Brownie's - Yum! Our server (Cory) was wonderful! It was nice to have BYOB! I have dined at Lucio's at both in the inside and on the outside patio - either one is great! I am already hungry for Lucio's BYOB & Grill ! We will go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/26/2014Interesting presentation for crème brulee. It was different from the usual ramekin. Enjoyed the apple slice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Condescending, poor serviceSHoustonDined on 4/12/2014Went to the restaurant for the first time looking forward to their BYOB atmosphere. Immediately started having attitude issues from one wait staff in particular criticizing our choice in wine. We were left waiting for a significant amount of time between courses and also also at the end of the night waiting for the bill. Their payment system doesn't let you split up bills and she tried to explain we could simply tell her how to split the amount on different credit cards which is fine. But when we asked if we needed to include the tip in that split amount or if we could add it after, she became very condescending saying "it's not complicated, just tell me how much." " and "you must not understand how credit cards work". Poor poor service
- Lucio's is great!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/11/2014We are pretty strong critics of houston venues and lucio's is one of the best. Amazing food and friendly service. Outside seati g is great when the weather permits. We have celebrated anniversary's there and also just a more casual bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New MenuStreak40Dined on 4/11/2014My wife and I go to Lucio's a lot however this past time they were ruling out a new menu and food took much longer than usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealChoochoogirlVIPDined on 4/11/2014This was our second time dining with friends there. Great food, service and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.