31 Main Street
Ayer, MA 01432Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.luciatavola.com/
- Phone: (978) 391-4837
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm-8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Mark di Cicco
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We provide catering services for up to X people for both off-site events and in our function room.
A word from Lucia's Tavola
Chef owned and operated Lucia's Tavola is a fine dining Italian restaurant. Lucia's features a menu comprised or Chefs family favorites, Chef originals, traditional Italian and local ingredients creating unique Italian inspired cuisine.Continued
Lucia's also offers an extensive cocktail menu and a complete, well balanced wine list.
Lucia's also offers an extensive cocktail menu and a complete, well balanced wine list.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Lucia's Tavola - Best Restaurants in Ayer ›
Lucia's Tavola reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (41)special occasion (34)fit for foodies (26)romantic (24)good for groups (11)notable wine list (11)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (6)late-night find (4)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Lucia's Tavola continues its excellence!BesserFresserVIPDined on 11/23/2014An early Sunday evening visit last week happily revealed a new and very attentive waitstaff and front desk receptionist. The big news, though, is that Chef Marco continues to create his top-line Northern Italian cuisine. It's clear to any serious restaurant goer that top ingredients, disciplined preparation, and fine-tuned seasoning are absolutely essential for a superb fine dining experience. While atmosphere and service are certainly important, paramount is what's presented on the plate. Lucia's Tavola hasn't once let us down, and we've been loyal patrons of this restaurant for two years now. Kudos! We'll surely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too many clams to shell!00felixgus00Dined on 11/15/2014Make no mistake the flavor of linguine with clams -- white sauce is delicious. However, once my steaming plate arrived I had to remove at least 30 little clam bodies from their shell before I could taste my meal. It would be better if there were five or six good size clams in the shell and the other baby size clams shelled in the kitchen. That way you get the nice taste of a good size clam and do not have to perform a timely construction of your meal-- table side. The clams that I had to shell were in addition to many that were in the linguine so there are plenty of clams. I loved the dish but not the tiresome shelling of the tiniest clams.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic choiceAlmostRuralHotSpotDined on 11/14/2014The food is delicious and very reasonably priced. The ambiance is romantic and the young waitstaff are enthusiastic. The wine list is biased towards the Italian as is the menu making for perfect pairing of food and wine. For us it's a go-to place for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucia's Tavolazip1Dined on 11/10/2014Very good dining experience. Wait staff was professional and observant. We did not wait long for our meal while enjoying a glass of wine. Portions were not over the top, just enough to allow space for desert. Desert was excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2014the food was excellent. Wine list a bit pricey. Noise level extememe...Not an intimate dining experience...Special Features:
- Great food, high noise levelOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/1/2014We visited Lucia's Friday night and the place was more than hopping. The food and wine were super - on the level of many good Tuscan restaurants (we had just returned from Tuscany a few days before). Unfortunately the high noise level made the experience less than exceptional. My wife, our waitress and I could just barely communicate even with raised voice level - I definitely would not return on a weekend or with more than a twosome. Markoh's on Main next door is served by the same kitchen and menu upon request and is quieter if a band upstairs is not playing which happens occasionally according to the owner.Special Features:
- Fine dining close to homeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014I have been to Lucia's about 5 - 8 times. The service is good and the food is better. The bar serves up a respectable cocktail with local beer on tap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- xxxxVIPDined on 10/21/2014Very interesting menu so we decided to try it out. The salads were not very good and of the two mains we selected, one was over-salted and one was under-salted. No salt and pepper on the table. Very noisy. Wish it were better.
- A Pleasant SurpriseitalianfoodyDined on 10/19/2014Located on Main Street in Ayer, was a wonderful find. Italian food was authentic, best gnocchi I have ever had, light and fluffy. Service was outstanding. Waiter was extremely knowledgeable and patient as we tried to figure out what we wanted to eat - there were so many great choices. You must check this out.Special Features:
- DeliciousJojobeanDined on 10/3/2014We had the best dinner and the best desert ever as well as amazing appetizers.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant in a small townBeverlyDined on 10/3/2014This restaurant is a real reason to visit Ayer. Located on the corner of the Main Street across from the railroad station and offering music on Saturday nights, this is a real find. Chef Mark DiCiccio is creative and there are lots of tasty choices. It's a must for those looking for a good restaurant west of Route 495.Special Features:
- Only place to eat in Ayer.ilove2eatDined on 10/3/2014In a small town, this is the very best choice. Great Italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent find in AyercaptmikeVIPDined on 9/24/2014Excellent find. Food was excellent, place was empty when I arrived at 6. But within an hr it was getting full. Staff was great portions were just right and left room for dessert. Had Brussels sprouts pancetta and cheese great appetizer. I will have to borrow this recipe for home. Would definitly eat here again. No issues parking. Parked up the hill behind the resturant. But when I came out the lot was full. I will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pas117Pas117Dined on 9/13/2014This is the second time I've been to this restaurant in a month and both times the food was excellent! I pass through Ayer often and just caught sight of the sign and the smartly decorated tables and thought " I have to check this place out"! Oh, and a restaurant that still takes reservations, and honors them?? Fabulous! Definitely worth an evening out! The noise level can get a bit high, but it is an older building and not dresses out with modern materials to dampen sound, but don't let that stop you from stopping in. I'm looking forward to trying their other establishment just a few doors down the block!Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014This was our first visit and to be honest I would never of thought of looking in Ayer MA for an upscale restaurant but we saw this advertised in a local newspaper . Everything was lovely, the interior reminded me of European restaurants I've been to overseas & food was EXCELLENT...we will certainly go back again. The only minor issue is parking...we parked on the street because we arrived early but when we left we did notice that street parking was full so I'm wondering if there is a public parking lot...Special Features:
- Nice SpotcamjacoVIPDined on 9/12/2014Our choice for area dining gluten free friendly - that is important to us.Special Features:
- They movedVarietyFanDined on 9/6/2014We have followed them from their previous address. Their new location in Ayer is more accessible. Same great food. But now they have more tables and customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceBirthdaydinersDined on 9/4/2014We went to Lucia's for a quiet dinner to celebrate my birthday. The wait staff were very friendly. The food was great, as usual. We enjoyed an intimate dinner and even got a complimentary dessert. We love this restaurant.Special Features:
- Outstanding!bobs3galsDined on 9/1/2014I received by email a free birthday entrée and appetizer. I was very surprised that the cost of my entrée, the most expensive in our group, was the one that was deducted from our bill. Most restaurants deduct the least expensive meal ordered. Our waiter was great... and the meal was amazing. We dine at Lucia's frequently, and they never disappoint. Thank you for a fabulous birthday celebration!Special Features:
- FUNDININGDined on 8/30/2014Loved the restaurant and would recommend to other friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old is NewJohnDined on 8/29/2014We went to this restaurant when they were in Brookline NH. Still great food at a reasonable price. Restaurant was a busy bistro style ambiance as we were seated by the bar. Good food and will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally local goodnessebbiDined on 8/29/2014Great spot for Ayer and the surrounding towns. Nice timing, nice layout, food was very good, traditional but nice presentation, competitive pricing for the class. Fine service, Cab not provided with a cab glass. Nice looking bar set. Overall a great spot for the area.Special Features:
- Great experience!MammaPDined on 8/29/2014My husband and I had been there once before to celebrate our anniversary and we loved it. We went this past weekend and brought our three kids ages 22, 20 and 17. My in laws also joined us and they are very picky when it comes to food. Everyone loved it, from the service to the food! Rave reviews from the in laws, and they said they would defiantly be back. The food is excellent, very flavorful,fresh, and interesting combinations. Not your typical italian food, better. Can't wait to come back.Special Features:
- Great Spot in Sleepy Town CenterkchapVIPDined on 8/24/2014We happened upon this restaurant when searching on the web for great Italial fare. This restaurant was acclaimed to be, on one website, one of the top 10 restaurants in Central Mass. We have eaten at three of the others and in our opinion we would agree with all four choices from the article. The ambiance, staff, wine and food was wonderful. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovin' Lucia'sMAMangerDined on 8/23/2014Been going to Lucia's since it opened in Ayer. It is not only a great place to eat, but yeah, it is in AYER/CLOSE TO the restaurant desert of Harvard. The white clam sauce is one of the best around!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014We have been there quite a few times and always had an excellent meal. This was no exception. The veal was so tender we could cut it with a fork. I would recommend Lucia's to anyone.Special Features:
- Very Good...not quite perfectjohnelleDined on 8/21/2014Sorry but it just seems hard to get my head around fine dining in downtown Ayer but I have to admit the food and service were both awfully good. I only had a few nits about the food (ex. my-hand cut pasta was not separated properly so it had a lot of lumps where a couple of the noodles stuck together in hard chunks). They served my wife a handful of unopened mussels which is a no-no. The parking is not the most convenient but again this is not a deal breaker. Overall we enjoyed it an plan on returning (this is our 2nd visit).Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerKennethDined on 8/18/2014Very nice experience for an anniversary dinner with my wife. I made reservations on line and noticed flower arrangements are available on line. With a few clicks the flowers were ordered and delivered to the restaurant and arranged on our table for a nice surprise. Food was outstanding and service was timely and friendly. Thank you Lucia's Tavola for a nice anniversary dinner.Special Features:
- Over Time ReviewBobQDined on 8/11/2014We've been to Lucia's at least a dozen times. Each visit has been terrific. We've tried quite a few dishes and all have been very good. It's our favorite!
- ThibsDined on 8/2/2014This was our first time at Lucia's. The food was fantastic. Everything we ate was delicious, from appetizers, rice balls and fried goat cheese balls to our great main courses and the fried strips with honey for dessert. The only thing was the noise level. It was very loud and hard to speak and hear. The waitress said they are working on this only thing we could find a problem with. We are looking forward to returning and would surely recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent local restaurant!manodartsDined on 8/2/2014We have been here three times and the food is always great and the waitstaff friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 18 reviews are from the Lucia's Tavola reviews archive.
- A great findMarcVIPDined on 7/26/2014We were looking for a dining option in the Westford/Groton area (didn't want to drive into Boston). Lucia's was a very nice find. Creative menu (e.g., fried olives with goat cheese), very reasonably priced wine list with good variety. The place has a very nice and very friendly atmosphere - I am sure we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New FavoriteActonDadVIPDined on 7/26/2014Fourth visit - been every weekend for last month, bringing others, trying different dishes. Always have friendly and competent waitstaff, tremendous food and a wonderful time. Excellent food in a comfortable setting. Not the closest restaurant but worth the ride.Special Features:
- Great place, but noisyNodarDined on 7/25/2014A great place for excellent food! I had the lobster-stuffed salmon and my wife had a steak and shrimp. Both were excellent! My only complaint was the high noise level which made it difficult to talk at times. They have a terrific wine list and the menu selections are extensive. We have been there about a dozen times over the past two years and the food never disappoints. Reservations are necessary on Fridays and weekends!Special Features:
- TaniaBDined on 7/16/2014Another wonderful meal, never disappointing. Tried the bacon wrapped dates for the first time, made me want to try all the appetizers. Service was also outstanding, as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucia's a real find in MetroWestBesserFresserVIPDined on 7/15/2014Several visits confirm that this lovely Northern Italian is the real deal in a fine dining restaurant-starved area. Servings are generous, servers polite and attentive, room is comfortable, and the chef clearly knows what he's doing. Sauces are full-flavored, toothsome house-made pastas are delightful, entrees well seasoned and expertly prepared. Lucia's has become our go-to place for a pleasant evening's dining.Special Features:
- Delish!ForTheLoveofFoodDined on 7/12/2014I went here for dinner with my husband, and three teens. The bread served with dipping oil-delicious! I had an appetizer of gnocchi with lobster and it was yummy. My entree was filet mignon with gorgonzola and a red wine demi-glaze served on a bed of garlic mashed potatoes and haricot verts. I loved it. I also tried my daughter's chicken piccata with polenta that had pancetta in it and it was SO GOOD. The only negative was the waitress was a little slow and and didn't offer drinks to the kids...which was kind of weird. We all had water already but we all kind of chuckled about it. Not a deal breaker of course, I would definitely go back. The waitress may have been very busy or was distracted for some reason.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- epm61Dined on 7/8/2014What a gem in Ayer! Atmosphere, drinks, food, dessert, were fabulous. Bread is better than any I had in Italy ... Would recommend it highly and will tell all my friends. Cannot wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good find during business travelapopnjVIPDined on 6/25/2014Traveled to Mass. for business and was looking for a good italian place to dine. I use Open Table al the time to find places to dine and then book - very eazy. Lucia's was a good find for Italian food. Being from NJ (Southern NJ) you cannt get any better Italian food so that is what I compare it to. Lucia's was very homely, the service was very good, and the food was good Italian. I would definitely go back agian and would recommend. Oh, the price is about right as well. It was a very good find. Thnak you Open Table once again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TraversDined on 6/25/2014For the area a diamond in the rough a real neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.