Lucia's Restaurant and Wine Bar
1432 W 31st St
Minneapolis, MN 55408Neighborhood:
French AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Lucia's Restaurant and Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lucias.com/
- Phone: 6128251572x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Monday - Friday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French American, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Ryan Lund
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer everything from boxed lunches and to-go items to cocktail parties and elegantly coursed meals. We can accommodate most requests and dietary needs.
- Private Party Facilities: Lucia's offers several spaces for private booking. The Bakery is an intimate and magical setting and is capable of seating up to 35, The Wine Bar has a Swanky Uptown feel and can seat up 20, and the Restaurant is simple elegance and has several options for rental.
Please contact us with any questions or assistance with booking your space.
- Private Party Contact: Heather 6128251572x
- Cross Street: Hennepin and 31st
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Lucia's offers a private lot that is available to park in free of charge during the day. we have several side streets that offer free parking as well as metered parking directly in front of our restaurant.
In the evening we offer valet parking for 6.00
A word from Lucia's Restaurant and Wine Bar
For 28 years Lucia's Restaurant has offered a small menu that changes weekly. Working closely with local farmers and suppliers, we offer the best of each season. Dedicated cooks carefully and lovingly prepare meals based on seasonal appetites and flavors. We offer lunch, dinner, and weekend brunches.Continued
Lucia's has received countless awards and has been recognized yearly as a ZAGAT Top 10 Minneapolis Restaurant.
Lucia's has received countless awards and has been recognized yearly as a ZAGAT Top 10 Minneapolis Restaurant.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Lucia's Restaurant and Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Lucia's Restaurant and Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
173 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (129)neighborhood gem (127)special occasion (88)great for outdoor dining (70)romantic (68)great for lunch (65)great for brunch (59)notable wine list (46)hot spot (26)late-night find (13)good for groups (11)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Lucia'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/14/2014A mainstay for fine dining in Uptown for 29 years and deservedly so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NY2MNDined on 9/14/2014The food delivers each and every time. When the city focuses on whatever restaurant is the latest craze, remember that Lucia's has always served seasonal, farm to table food with pitch perfect flavor and true style.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attention to detailTeresa21Dined on 9/13/2014Not fussy food but simply delicious. Everything was impeccable; the kitchen pays attention to the details and gets it right. A very satisfying place to spend an anniversary evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My all-time favorite restaurantluvgoodfoodDined on 9/12/2014Always familiar, yet fresh, because the dinner menu changes weekly. Always exceptional food and flavors. Sauce on the tenderloin was mouth-watering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Healthy FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/12/2014I love eating at Lucia's because you can eat healthy food that tastes great. Creative cooking with fresh ingredients!Special Features:
- Delicious and Nutritious!louiseinMSPVIPDined on 9/10/2014This is a beautiful restaurant that kept a lot of the old features of the building while updating for current needs. For example, with high pressed-metal ceilings, the interior could have been very noisy, but the panels suspended from it keeps conversations quieter. The food is delicious and nicely presented. We tried the vegetarian option, because it sounded delicious, and the bison entree. Great flavors and textures. The leek soup was SOOOO good! Our server was on his game, attentive, friendly and fun. And he knew the menu and gave great suggestions. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodImpresarioVIPDined on 9/9/2014Totally seasonal, a roasted corn fritata that I am still thinking about. My guest enjoyed the BLT and said it was equally delicious.Special Features:
- TimeoutFromTheKitchenDined on 9/5/2014The staff were attentive and knowledgable. I was there with someone I had not seen in a few years, and they were respectful of our conversation, and not intrusive in any way. Nice atmosphere. Our meal was delicious and represented what is in season!Special Features:
- MacoopMACOOPDined on 9/2/2014Yesterday was my first visit in a few years. Every dining experience is positively remarkable. The preparation & choices of dishes never falter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My honest favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Lucias is my favorite restaurant ever, I've never been disapointed. Every meal has been a gem. It changes weekly, so I can't recommend anything, but everything is great!Special Features:
- Quality, creativity, reliabilitylacosechaVIPDined on 8/31/2014Another excellent meal for five with high quality ingredients and creativity that we have become accustomed to expect here. The portions are just right. The sparkling wine was very good as well. The service was (again) just ok - one wrong dessert (which we ate anyway, because it was very good) and frequent reminders to refill water and coffee. (The last time we ate brunch, the server spilled the sparkling wine on one of the quests:)). These are small inconveniences compared with the central focus around the food and pleasant atmosphere. We'll definitely be back:)Special Features:
- oktheatreguyVIPDined on 8/17/2014Although nothing was wrong with this place, nothing about it makes it particularly special either. I was surprised it is so highly rated by Zagat.
- Ordinary food prepared well2fordinnerDined on 8/16/2014The food was well-prepared, but not exceptional. Very high quality ingredients, but assembled in what seemed a very ordinary fashion.
- Amazingaaron731Dined on 8/16/2014The food options here are amazing. All local and organic. Terrific date night for me and my wife. Go... You will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Another great mealjtf1Dined on 8/15/2014Lucia's has a limited menu. That's what makes it great: something new, something innovative, something memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For anyday or a special dayteacherhansenDined on 8/10/2014Been around forever and still keeps it neighborhoody, creative, fresh. It's the only place in the city where I've gone to celebrate special occasions and also stopped to grab a bite in my sweaty bike clothes.Special Features:
- Farm to tableNxtdrguyDined on 8/9/2014The food was excellent, creative and innovative. Great local farm fresh ingredients used to create perfect dishes of good to appreciate. The food is savory!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazingly for a foodie!!!GmanVIPDined on 8/8/2014Each and every bite was off the chart!! The freshness in combination with the preparation and then the service made this one of the best meals EVER! I have the fortunes of eating in big cities all over the world and this ranks top 5..... a mix of outstanding on all fronts... will go again on my next visit to MPS.Special Features:
- Another excellent dinnerjoshDined on 8/8/2014Each time a friend of mine comes to town he makes a point of going to Lucia's. The food is great, the service is excellent, and the ambiance is great for small groups or couples. Desserts are fantastic too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful as alwaysshecooksDined on 8/6/2014I've been having lunch with a friend at Lucia's regularly for many years. How many places maintain their fabulous food, pleasant atmosphere, and personal service over 20+ years? The menu changes weekly providing interest for regulars and their dessert tray is always beautiful, creative, and tempting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/5/2014Consistently very good food with a frequently refreshed menu. Charming, relaxed ambience. Always a reliable, excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014I've been to Lucias many times and they always manage to impress me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentTL123VIPDined on 8/2/2014Excellent quality ingredients and thoughtfully prepared food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!SureshotDined on 7/30/2014Although the tables for four are small, the menu small and the noise level usually very high one can always depend on getting a good meal here. This time, perhaps because there were quite a few diners out of doors and was early on a weekday evening, the noise level was low enough that we could hear each other talk across the table.Special Features:
- brunchandlunchanytimeDined on 7/29/2014parking is always a problem. Sidewalk Tables are on top of each other...not comfortable.Special Features:
- Average serviceluvfoodDined on 7/27/2014Overall it was a good experience with the 2 exceptions. Service was a but slow and parking was a bear. Had to wait a very long time for a spot and hard to get in and out of lotSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014Our dinner experience was absolutely perfect...the wine, salads, entrees and dessert were perfect.Special Features:
- first time, not badDddbVIPDined on 7/25/2014first time there and although not a lot of selections, the choices were excellent and it is easy to find something great. Only issue, don't like to pay for bread and olive oil. Work it into the price somehow - probably won't go back becuase of that. for $200 bux for a 4 top, you should get your bread included!
- Miss representationGolfer1234Dined on 7/20/2014We were under the impression that this restaurant was participating in restaurant week. Our email confirmation even told us they were participating. When we got there they had no idea what we were talking about and were told they were not participating in the restaurant week. The manager was rude and would not help us out in anyway or give us any special break. We walked out.Special Features:
- Great Dinner!GreatDinnerDined on 7/19/2014The roasted tomato soup is one of the best dishes I've ever had. The waitress's recommendation on wine was perfect. It was a lovely dinner.Special Features:
- Lucia's is a winnersuburbaniteluvssceneDined on 7/18/2014We had one of the best meals we've had in a long time at Lucia's. Both the Chicken and fish entrees were delish and the salads were great-the kitchen split our meals as we like to share everything and they did so happily and with no attitude! Dessert was yummmy. 5 stars!Special Features:
- Always excellent!BarryDined on 7/17/2014I always enjoy my experience at Lucia's. I made reservations for dinner for myself and three out of town guests. We shared the featured flat bread and charcuterie small plates which were delicious. The Halibut, Chicken, and Zucchini pancake entrees were all excellent.Special Features:
- Lunch is always a delightKennethDined on 7/16/2014We always wonder why we wait so long to go back to Lucia's for lunch. We have never been disappointed and always delighted by the menu choices, the service and especially the food. We took an out-of-town foodie friend, and she also raved about Lucia's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant food and wineneuro14VIPDined on 7/13/2014Good deal on Sunday -- $15 on select wine bottles. Also get happy hour deals after 9PM which gets some food so can do quite well for under $50 for two. They also have large plates which looked good but I stuck with the tapas.
- Bistro never fails to peaseMSRK1937Dined on 7/12/2014We have been to Lucia's every time we have been in Minneapolis, and it never fails. One time, we went there instead of a restaurant on the other side of the river. We would have been on the I-35 bridge just as it fell; so Lucia's will always be special to us. The clientele helps make it special too, full of life.Special Features:
- Excellent Food, ServiceCRFoodieDined on 7/6/2014Everything, from the bread to the desserts, was excellent. The bread is so good that it's worth a visit by itself. I had the most delicious steak I've ever eaten. My dining companions enjoyed the asparagus tart and the chicken with nectarines. The chocolate semifreddo and rhubarb cake were wonderful. Service was attentive and knowledgeable. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Lucia's satisfiesMamoDined on 7/5/2014Fresh food, inspiring and creative dishes for foodies ...great wine and excellent service. Truly a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucia'sRogerDined on 7/5/2014Food quality needs attention. Group of 6, no one raved about their dinner. Two in group broke teeth on the bread, no kidding! Seared tuna was not the quality of tuna that I recently had at Oceanaire, as Lucia's was tough to cut, I had to ask for a steak knife! Will delete this place from my favorite list.
- A rarity.TravnMartisseDined on 7/3/2014Loved the menu, ambiance, authenticity. Randomly selected based on Open Table reviews for anniversary dinner. The weekly changing menu is a fabulous concept, as is the fluid wine list. Locally sourced, they prepare perhaps the best steak I've ever had. Others say it they can make it melt in your mouth. This is the only place that's actually achieved the feat. And the Yellow tail was fabulous too. Would've recommended it yesterday if I could have. But I didn't know of Lucia's awesomeness until them. Wow. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Calm oasisphilinmplsVIPDined on 6/29/2014We made reservations for a Sundat evening, unaware that the Uptown area was clogged with a "food-truck rally" of some sort. Despite the crowds on the streets (and the parking made especially challenging, Lucia's was relaxing and rewarding. The food is consistently good and the service friendly, as always. I'm happy that there are dependably excellent places, like Lucia's, in the Twin Cities.Special Features: