800 Washington Street (Rt. 1)
Wrentham, MA 02093Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://lucianos.diningquest.com/index.php
- Phone: (508) 384-3050
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Tuesday-Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Lunch Saturday: 11:30am-2:30pm
Lunch Sunday: 11:00am-3:00pm
Dinner Tuesday-Thursday: 4:00pm-9:00pm
Dinner Friday: 4:00pm-10:00pm
Dinner Saturday: 4:30pm-10:00pm
Dinner Sunday: 4:00pm-8:00pm
Reservations are always recommended.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live jazz band in the lounge with dancing Friday and Saturday night 7:30 pm to 11:30pm.
A word from Luciano's
Situated just off the 495 on Route 1, Luciano's is a delightful little piece of Italy right here in Massachusetts. Offering superb authentic Northern Italian cuisine and wines in a delightful and sophisticated setting. Luciano Canova, Patron Chef and Co-owner has made this sophisticated restaurant a shrine to good food and wine, Italian style. From the large and comfortable bar which features live music to the many sumptuous dining areas, each with their own character, LucianoContinued
makes sure his diners enjoy a great meal whenever they visit.
makes sure his diners enjoy a great meal whenever they visit.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Luciano's - Best Restaurants in Wrentham ›
Luciano's reviews from OpenTable diners
156 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (124)romantic (81)good for groups (67)notable wine list (52)fit for foodies (51)neighborhood gem (34)great for lunch (19)vibrant bar scene (14)kid-friendly (10)hot spot (9)late-night find (5)scenic view (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Amazing !OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014Huge menu selection and specials list! Our martinis were perfect and Marissa was an awesome server! The owner came over and asked how everything was a couple times as well. It's always great to see an owner putting in such effort. I got the Bococcini Pollo (spelling?) and it may have been my favorite meal in my whole 28yrs of life. They also surprised my bf with a complimentary dessert because Marissa saw that he had gifts - I didn't even tell her! Amazing food, atmosphere and service!! Go here for any occasion - u will not be disappointed!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/16/2014Food was excellent. A must is Mama Luciano's meatballs over polenta cakes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- traditional italian done welltheflyinggueridonDined on 11/16/20141. request on "open table" to be seated at the closest table available to front door to accommodate older person with a walker was ignored as we were guided past empty tables that never got seated, so therefore were not reserved. 2. however request on "open table" for a dessert to have a candle in it to celebrate birthday was fulfilled and guest of honor was surprised and happy - thank you 3. server was adequate - somewhat spacey and aloof. sometimes trailing away as he was speaking or asking a question and not waiting for an answer (i.e. would you like cheese?) he walked away as one diner was answering yes. at times the service was attentive and on point. but overall it was uneven. although he was always pleasant. 4. the bread selection was good 5. wines by the glass not listed and upon asking what was available server replied "we have plenty, what do you want?" - for most diners a generic chardonnay or cabernet might be okay but for someone who knows a little more might want to choose a nicer pinot noir over an okay cab or whatever - plus not knowing the price point was off putting 6. house salad served with each entree is nice and was okay - 7. myself and guest of honor were very pleased with the quality and flavor of our meals - another companion was not as happy as she felt the menu description vrs what was served was different. i'm not sure as she can be very fussy. but food was served hot and again 2 of us were very pleased. 8. 2 desserts were served and both were very good. overall - for a restaurant i would classify as "old school/traditional italian food was very good. don't go if you are looking for anything innovative. service was efficient, adequate but at times uneven.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent way to celebrate our anniversary.JaniceDined on 11/15/2014We had a great time for our 45th anniversary. Had reservations and were seated immediately upon arriving at a table for two in a quiet area of the restaurant. Chicken Rossini was excellent and the double pork chops were very good as well. We were given a complimentary dessert - tiramasu - which was unexpected. We love this place!Special Features:
- Yummie!BazookaDined on 11/14/2014As always our meal was so good. I always have a hard time picking my meal because between all the specials and the large menu I want everything. I ended up with a veal dish that use to be on the menu, it has lobster and a fabulous sauce. My husband had the seafood cippino which he always gets when they have it. Oh, and the dark chocolate mousse, ahhhh, love it so. As you can read I'm loving going to Lucinano's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth itacrossVIPDined on 11/11/2014great specials, service, wine, oysters on half shell, and ambiance.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLonismomDined on 11/9/2014This was our third visit to this restaurant and we liked it well enough to bring old friends. It was unfortunate that our visit this time was poor from beginning to end. Drinks did not come as ordered, specials were ordered but what came out was a different item. When asked about wine suggestions, the waiter new little and when we asked to speak with the wine steward or any knowledgeable person, he did not know if they had anyone who knew wines. I hope this changes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stuffed pork chopOmax5Dined on 11/8/2014We haven't been able to get there for a bit. But we sure quickly reliazed we missed it lots. Everything was great!!! Hubby got his favorite stuffed pork chop. So he was pretty quite munching away all he said was do u think I can pick up the bone and munch on it lol. Tooo funny.Special Features:
- Great Service, good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Booked reservations through open table for our 15th anniversary. Only times available were 5:30, or 8:30. Service was extremely attentive and seemed to accommodate our schedule, relaxed and in no rush. My wife ordered one of the specials, a filet with lobster, medium cook. Unfortunately the filet was overcooked, almost well done. She was going to eat it anyway until the server noticed and recommended having another cooked to her liking. They also returned my meal so we could eat together. These issues are hard to recover from and they did their best. We have been to Luciano's a few times and normally have a good experience. However, my wife mentioned trying another place for the next special occasion.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceRaffiRafDined on 11/4/2014Food was wonderful and waitstaff was excellent. Foccaccia and bread that come with the meal are very, very good as was the salad, entrée and dessert. Portions are very generous.Special Features:
- Perfect for Special BirthdayFood4ThoughtDined on 11/2/2014We chose Luciano's as the place to bring a family member who wished to quietly celebrate her 80th birthday. It could not have gone better as she just loved the restaurant and its beautiful decor, along with the extensive menu and great food. The staff was very attentive and made her feel like a valued guest. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2014Nice atmosphere, great bar with good service. Unfortunately it takes forever to get anything out of the kitchen and when your food does come it's usually wrong. We went twice over three weeks and had the same experience both times so I know it wasn't just an off night. Unless you want to sit at the bar save your money and go someplace else.Special Features:
- Dining out with FriendsFoodluvsu2Dined on 11/1/2014We had a great time. Our waitress Rena was very friendly and personable. She read all of the specials to us without making a mistake. Our husbands both got the Captain's cut prime rib and it was cooked the way they wanted. My friend and I both had the seafood casserole with lobster, shrimp and scallops. all was very good. We all got dessert, too. The guys got Bamba which is gelato ice cream and chocolate sauce and whipped cream. My friend just got strawberries and whipped cream and I got strawberry cheesecake. We loved having the singer/musician in the dining room. The music selection was very nice. Noone rushed us and it was a great night overall.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best!DiamondRioDined on 11/1/2014My sisters took our mom here for her 76th birthday. She and one of my sisters had never been. All of our meals were absolutely delicious! And my mom enjoyed her day so much! Everything was perfect and our waiter, Frank, was awesome! Very helpful with our questions and making anything possible. And, he even sang Happy Birthday! I highly recommend to everyone looking for fine dining in a beautiful setting!Special Features:
- Impressive !!castelloDined on 10/30/2014My first dining experience at Luciano"s was most memorable and hopefully not my last. Three of us ate here while visiting a relative living in Franklin. The fame of the restaurant and its proximity to Franklin convinced us to have lunch there.The ambiance was palpable since there are beautiful murals of Italy tastefully decorating many of the walls.The numerous small dining spaces allows for intimate dining and also reduces ambient noise. The wait staff were congenial and efficient. Each of our lunch specials was not only delicious but was also presented in an attractive manner. The meal costs were reasonable and when coupled with the caliber of the food and service, this was an impressive dining experience that I hope to repeat .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still GreatGailDined on 10/28/2014Luciano's is still a great place to dine. Whether for a special occasion or just a nice dinner out it is a great place to go. Food is always spectacular as is the service. That's why I keep going back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014outstanding service terrific food hope to return somedaySpecial Features:
- My Favorite RestaurantKireEthnarchDined on 10/25/2014Although I usually only go to Luciano's once or twice a year, it is my favorite restaurant. The food is beyond amazing; the atmosphere is terrific; and the service is excellent. It's a little more expensive than some other Italian Restaurants in the area, but the difference is more than made up by the quality of Luciano's food and the overall experience. I would recommend Luciano's to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experience!SuburbancowboyDined on 10/25/2014I had the filet and it was perfect. Service was great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian Meal You'll Have!jlh2375VIPDined on 10/24/2014All I can say is, WOW! I have been wanting to go to this place since I was a little girl but moved away. I recently came back home for a visit and decided to come. I am putting it on my MUST eat list for when I come back. I had a delicious blue fin tuna sashimi and the special, which was a veal chop stuffed with lobster with a mushroom gravy and mashed potatoes. My husband got the veal shank and ate his leftovers for breakfast the next day. The best part was Luciano himself greeted our table and even bought us a round of drinks when I told him I have wanted to come since I was little. It's on old school Italian restaurant doing it right. Bottom line this place is a hidden but not so hidden gem. The service is fantastic as well.Special Features:
- DinnercherylDined on 10/21/2014First visit non-holiday time. They did a great job of spreading people out throughout the entire restaurant so it was not very crowded, though still busy for a random Tuesday night. Though the many specials sounded fabulous, I still went with my standby, chicken parm. Excellent, huge portion but so good. The salad it come with was just the right size with excellent house dressing. Bread was great, service outstanding. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/19/20145 Star prices for 2 Star restaurant. Dress code ridiculous or non existent. Seemed like half the customers were wearing Jeans. Portions way too big. Everyone leaves with styrofoam doggie bag. Waiter had an attitude, not at all friendly!
- Great ServiceJimdDined on 10/19/2014The food was outstanding and the setting beautiful, but quite frankly, the level and quality of service was like something from the past I'd forgotten.Special Features:
- SUNDAY LUNCHfoodloverDined on 10/19/2014THIS WAS A GREAT FIND, WAS GLAD WE DROVE A LITTLE WHILE OUT OF OUR COMFORT LEVEL TO TRY IT WELL WORTH TH TRIP. FOOD AND STAFF WERE GREAT. WE WILL BE GOING BACK AGAIN.Special Features:
- Nice family dinnerWhiteyDined on 10/18/2014Went to Luciano's to celebrate my son achieving his adult black belt. They were running late so we had to wait 20 minutes past our reservation time to get seated which was a bit of a false start and nuisance. Once seated all four of us had great meals and the service was solid as usual. They have always done a nice job and I will continue to return.Special Features:
- ALWAYS GreatKarenCDined on 10/18/2014We usually go to Luciano's for special occasions and have NEVER been disappointed. Still remains as my number 1 favorite restaurant!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dinner at Luciano'sEpicurean45VIPDined on 10/14/2014We went out to celebrate my son's birthday and everything from the moment we arrived was perfect. The food was absolutely fantastic. We had a special of scallops casino which were very different and delicious - tender succulent scallops in a seafood stuffing with Italian bacon and spices. Each of us tried a different special but you cannot go wrong with anything on the menu (and they literally have many, many dishes to select from). Our waiter was on top of everything and Luciano stopped by to wish my son Happy Birthday. Trust me, you will have a meal to remember at Luciano's - I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014My wife and I celebrated our 28th anniversary at Luciano's. The food and service were excellent. We had appetizers and entrees as well as desert. The food was cooked to perfection. The bread is to die for. Great dining experience all around. Highly recommend it.Special Features:
- CantoncoupleDined on 10/12/2014Food was excellent, but the prices on the 'specials' is a bit over the top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMICKEYBDined on 10/12/2014Place to go for dinner. Excellent food, service . Enjoy going each time we go. Have never had a bad meal. We are going again in November with a group of friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Anniversary DinnerItalianAtItsBestDined on 10/11/2014We've been to Luciano's a couple of times in the past and enjoyed it each time. Some may refer to their customers as "older" or "mature", but we're now in our early 40's and found MANY couples/families there in our age range. It also depends on which dining room you sit in....some are darker and more romantic or eclectic....others are bigger, brighter and more vibrant. It's up to you - plenty of choices to guide your experience. The hospitality is very good, from the hostesses to the wait staff to management. All came by to wish us a happy anniversary, which was unexpected. Food was excellent! Many great choices - all with big portions. Good wine list too. Just be sure to bring a good memory as the specials list is long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but a little disappointedFunBobbyDined on 10/11/2014We really enjoyed the food and the service but I was a little disappointed and I don't know if it was with the restaurant or Open Table. When I made my reservation on line, the question was asked if this was a special occasion. Well, I indicated that it was my 44th Wedding Anniversary. Pretty significant ! Not only was there no acknowledgement at any time, during our dinner 2 other couples were acknowledged and congratulated for their anniversary.Special Features:
- outstanding in all fields 10/11/14anniv43Dined on 10/11/2014As soon as you walk in you could tell that you were going to be treated like Royality. Our waitress was fantastic and the food was incredible. It our special place for our anniversary, wich we could afford to go more often!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Waistaff was nasty and rudefoodsafeDined on 10/9/2014Stuffed mushrooms contained a small sliver of clear glass. A "manager"-did not give her name or position appeared- did not apologize I am a retired food safety educator and that piece of glass was a physical hazard. I would have liked to know what action was being taken in the kitchen so this did not happen to someone else. Needless to say our group will not be returning in the future. As a food safety educator, I would suggest that food handling practices, etc in all parts of the establishment- from receiving to service be reviewed.
- Luciano's is AwesomeDocTurkVIPDined on 10/8/2014This was one of the best, if not the best Italian meals I have ever had. You must dine at Luciano's if you are in the Foxboro area.Special Features:
- SheSheDined on 10/8/2014Beautiful restaurant...another delicious meal...wonderful service. I will definitely be dining at this venue again in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatMarp1Dined on 10/5/2014My daughter and I had an early dinner before the Pats game. Luciano's is my favorite Italian restaurant. Great food, huge portions, terrific service and great ambience. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- What's that smell?HerdinessDined on 10/5/2014Scented candles? What a horror. Who in their right mind would light scented candles (many) in a restaurant? Let's see...food...taste...all covered with the scent of candles! In my nose, in my throat, on my tongue, and on my clothes. There can't be anyone in that place that actually knows anything about food or eating. You should really close it down.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014EXCELLENT! I've never had a bad meal, event or occasion at Luciano's. Service was outstanding, presentation was great and food was simply the best. I cant wait for the next visit!Special Features:
- Slow and RudeFigburreraDined on 9/28/2014When we went for lunch on Sunday, even though we had made a reservation beforehand, we still had to wait about ten minutes for them to set up a table. Then the food came very, very slowly. We were there for two hours. Our waiter was very nice, and he even said he didn't know why and had asked his manager to check on the food. When we were leaving, the two people in the front did not bother to thank us or wish us a good day. Yes the restaurants had several big parties, but it's no excuse for being rude. Also, the food was mediocre. Of the three of us only one person thought his food was good. The other two didn't think so. It's certainly not of the same calibre as the good Boston restaurants.