800 Washington Street (Rt. 1)
Wrentham, MA 02093Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://lucianos.diningquest.com/index.php
- Phone: 5083843050
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Tuesday-Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Lunch Saturday: 11:30am-2:30pm
Lunch Sunday: 11:00am-3:00pm
Dinner Tuesday-Thursday: 4:00pm-9:00pm
Dinner Friday: 4:00pm-10:00pm
Dinner Saturday: 4:30pm-10:00pm
Dinner Sunday: 4:00pm-8:00pm
Reservations are always recommended.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live jazz band in the lounge with dancing Friday and Saturday night 7:30 pm to 11:30pm.
A word from Luciano's
Situated just off the 495 on Route 1, Luciano's is a delightful little piece of Italy right here in Massachusetts. Offering superb authentic Northern Italian cuisine and wines in a delightful and sophisticated setting. Luciano Canova, Patron Chef and Co-owner has made this sophisticated restaurant a shrine to good food and wine, Italian style. From the large and comfortable bar which features live music to the many sumptuous dining areas, each with their own character, LucianoContinued
makes sure his diners enjoy a great meal whenever they visit.
makes sure his diners enjoy a great meal whenever they visit.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Luciano's - Best Restaurants in Wrentham ›
Luciano's reviews from OpenTable diners
123 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (103)romantic (73)good for groups (42)fit for foodies (37)notable wine list (35)neighborhood gem (27)kid-friendly (12)great for lunch (10)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (8)great for brunch (3)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Slow and RudeFigburreraDined on 9/28/2014When we went for lunch on Sunday, even though we had made a reservation beforehand, we still had to wait about ten minutes for them to set up a table. Then the food came very, very slowly. We were there for two hours. Our waiter was very nice, and he even said he didn't know why and had asked his manager to check on the food. When we were leaving, the two people in the front did not bother to thank us or wish us a good day. Yes the restaurants had several big parties, but it's no excuse for being rude. Also, the food was mediocre. Of the three of us only one person thought his food was good. The other two didn't think so. It's certainly not of the same calibre as the good Boston restaurants.
- DinnerPookieDined on 9/27/2014Dinner Saturday evening with friends was absolutely delicious. Luciano stopped by our table to introduce himself which a nice touch. The food was spectacular and our server was excellent, with a sense of humor and he made us laugh. His recommendations were fantastic choices. Everyone in the party enjoyed every bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently ExceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014I am never disappointed by the quality of the special menu, the atmosphere, the personal touch of Luciano himself asking you for confirmation of your satisfaction, and the wait staff This place is truly a place to go for a special night out with family and/or friends Quality of cooking is second to noneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExpensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014We were a bit disappointed in the overall experience considering the prices. We expected great food (generally satisfied), superior service (disappointed) and a beautiful restaurant (dated). We had our drink order delivered wrong in the lounge, very slow on the drink refills while at the table, had a hard time getting a dropped fork replaced since we had no attention and they transposed our sides (mashed/baked potato). Our waitress was pleasant and may have had too many tables. I think we expected upscale dining for this price. The food overall was plentiful and good (not great). Valet is a nice touch.Special Features:
- Luciano1PmdiningfanaticDined on 9/27/2014I cannot say enough good about Luciano's. Wonderful atmosphere, food, friendly and knowledgeable staff, owner present and introduced himself to all guests. It was our anniversary and we thoroughly enjoyed our experience. Upon leaving we discovered our vehicle had a flat tire. Normally might dampen the evening but we just went back inside and were immediately seated in the lounge for a drink and desert and to enjoy the wonderful pianist. Valet service notified us when AAA arrived. This restaurant is a must for anyone living in the metrowest/metro Boston area and worth traveling to if you live beyond. Easy to get to Rt 1 Wrentham/Foxboro about 3 miles from Gillette stadium/Patriot Place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Very Nice Special Occasion SpotGAW1Dined on 9/26/2014If one is celebrating an anniversary, birthday, or a great week @ work; Luciano's is great. The staff is amiable and the food is impeccable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very nice experience100PJVIPDined on 9/25/2014Dinner with my wife at Luciano's was great. We enjoyed a seat in the very comfortable bar for a pre dinner drink. The dining room experience was great as our waiter, Marty was very attentive.
- Retirement dinnerRickM58Dined on 9/20/2014Meal was superb! Service was outstanding. I thought the ambiance could have been better. Room felt crowded and it was loud. Normal conversation was a bit difficult. Also, a little disappointed that a 7 PM reservation did not get seated until 7:30. Enjoyed the drink the bar, but felt it was too much time between reservation and seating. Perhaps, that is my issue as it was a Saturday night. On the other hand, the meal and the service were tremendous. We'll definitely go back for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great for a special occasionMansfieldBDined on 9/20/2014Their attention to detail, excellent good and great service make this a great choice for special occasionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentBazookaDined on 9/20/2014Great dinner as always. You would never be sorry eating here. So many different dishes to choose from. Pleanty of special always.Special Features:
- OutstandingTable77Dined on 9/20/2014Extraordinary food, service and ambiance. Bring your appitite! Gorme food, large portions, don't fill up on the delicious bread!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Traditional Italian FoodFood4ThoughtDined on 9/14/2014Luciano's delivers time after time for those seeking traditional Italian fare served by one of the best wait staffs around. The staff is great as are their recommendations and it never hurts that they will serve up pretty much whatever you request. Mama's Meatballs are out of this world and the portions are more than adequate.Special Features:
- Just a handful...murray300VIPDined on 9/13/2014If, like us, you live in the suburbs southwest of Boston, then there are really only a small handful of really good, somewhat upscale Italian style restaurants. Unless you like going back to the same places all the time (yes, they do get to know you if that is important to you) then you must include Luciano's on that short list. A very nice property- large with lots of rooms so you are not crowded into one large space. The food was very good - almost excellent - but I reserve that rating for places that are very exceptional. My only little quarrel is that they presented such a long list of "specials", both for appetizers and entrees, that I could not remember even the few that sounded tempting. Of course no prices mentioned - annoying.
- Simply amazing.SouthShoreLineCookDined on 9/12/2014Our server - I'll call him Mr. T - was amazing. I've seen many servers walk around looking stressed, trying to keep checking on their tables, making sure everything is ok. Mr. T knew everything was ok. He walked with purpose, knowing when something was needed at one of his tables. He checked on us, ensuring we were satisfied. He was as professional as could be, something I rarely see - even in the city. The cuisine is amazing. Lamb chops, escargot, veal, risotto, the cabernet he recommended.. out of this world. My Tom Collins was one, if not the best I've ever had. I don't know why I hesitated to visit Lucciano's before, but I won't ever do it again. My fiancee and I plan on making many more trips in the future.Special Features:
- LopakaDined on 9/10/2014Food, service and hospitality was outstanding. Very enjoyable and reasonably priced . Would recommend highly Will be returning monthlySpecial Features:
- Tasty & PleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014Coming from RI, I'm a bit of an Italian food snob. But Luciano's impressed me with their robust Specials, extensive menu and then delicious dishes. The atmosphere was delightful and our waiter was one of the best we've ever had. We will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- Lucianos first time dinerRaz843Dined on 9/6/2014Just wanted to drop a note, restaurant was outstanding from start to finish. I highly recommend!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LevinesDined on 9/6/2014We always have a great meal here. It is consistently outstanding. It's a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Awesome as always. Great food excellent wait staff and fantastic ambiance.Special Features:
- DunkumDined on 9/4/2014Until we moved to Florida many years ago we went to Luciano's at least once a month. It was terrific . Now when we visit NE we head back to Luciano's and it is always the same great restaurant.Special Features:
- miss valMissVal187Dined on 9/3/2014Food was great. Service was also great. A bit pricey.Special Features:
- Save room for dessertMainStreetMamaDined on 8/30/2014Delicious bread could keep you from ordering the grand finale, so be forewarned. Huge menu means that you should certainly be able to find something to satisfy you. Excellent service!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/29/2014Excellent food, well prepared. knowledgable and attentive server who clearly knew the extensive menu. Ambience was fine until halfway through our meal. At that point the Maitre'd decided to add another 4 person table to a relatively small dining space. This required moving another table within 18-24 inches of ours, completely destroying what privacy we had and certainly making it unpleasant for the four people who were seated at that table as well. It also made it extremely difficult for the waitstaff to move around in the room. Among other things, we were also concerned that this was pushing the fire code limits of the room.Special Features:
- Hidden jewel of north endSouthernDined on 8/26/2014This place is really awesome off of the beaten path of north end Hanover street but worth the trip!! I recommend the stuffed artichoke appetizer!! Really really rely good should of ordered 1 order for each of us!! Yes it was that good!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencechicoDined on 8/23/2014A great experience overall. Plenty of food, great service, excellent ambiance with a delightful guitar player and vocalist in the room in which we dined would bring us back frequently. It was a fine dining experience that one does not encounter very often these days. Keep up the great work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lb72Dined on 8/23/2014Great menu selection...nice wine list. Service was excellent and server was very knowledgeableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- elegantjbernardDined on 8/23/2014Great food. A tad pricey, but certainly worth the extra cashSpecial Features:
- A GemLove2dineVIPDined on 8/22/2014We were vacationing in the area and found Luciano's on OpenTable. We are from an area in New York where we have access to loads of good restaurants. Luciano's is in the same category. The service was impeccable. Our waiter, Ryan, was very attentive and knowledgeable. In addition to the large menu there were several specials. The food was delicious and the portions were large. I saw several diners take their leftovers home. ( We were staying in a hotel and couldn't do that or we would.) I would recommend Luciano's if you enjoy good food. There were families with children dining as well as couples and some large groups. Since there are several rooms they can accommodate everyone. We will definitely be back when we are in the area again.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnertypenniesDined on 8/21/2014Luciano's was the best food I have had on the Southshore in a long time. The service was amazing. Upon reservation, I mentioned it was our anniversary dinner. At the end of the night they presented us with a complimentary tiramisu. Overall a great dining experience. I can't wait to return to try the weekend specials as the homemade pasta was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TeddyDined on 8/17/2014Excellent service by our waitress great quality food. Overall great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014as usual, always great food, lots of choices and great serviceSpecial Features:
- Special Event: OutstandingNotFootballFridayDined on 8/15/2014From coming through the doors to leaving hours later, we felt enveloped in the warm and charm of Luciano's staff and ownership. The food was outstanding, though honestly a bit more than the average person can eat in one sitting; without appetizers! Our waiter was very attentive and watched the understaff closely. The water glasses were seldom allowed to reach empty. The owner was pleasant and welcoming even though we weren't beautiful girls. We always enjoy coming back, but the price, while definitely worth every penny, makes this a very special occasion restaurant.Special Features:
- Fabulous and reasonablespecialtreatDined on 8/9/2014Salad, vegetable, potato with your meal. Plus a full loaf warm bread, small pizza, and cheese & crackers in the bar. So much food, we ate too much of the delicious bread. Reasonable prices. Not sure of the prices for the specials since they don't give you the prices unless you ask and I heard from others that the specials are high priced. But we would definitely go back more often. Love also that we can make a reservation for two.Special Features:
- Old World Italian DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/8/2014Old World Italian dining in a comfortable atmosphere with a menu that covers all the bases. A nice dining experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticHillerDined on 8/6/2014Great food, great service, and great atmosphere. A fantastic evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb! Finnest Italian FoodMikeDined on 8/2/2014Luciano's has long been recognized as some of the finest Italian food in the Boston suburbs. Our trip back did not disappoint. The service was outstanding. My party had chicken and eggplant dishes, and everyone came away full and pleased.Special Features:
- First Time Experience!EvaBedDined on 8/2/2014It was our first trip to Luciano's and after an exhausting day of shopping at the outlets, we couldn't have asked for a better experience! The staff was friendly and attentive - the owner frequently checked in on us as well! The food was to die for! The decor to cherish! We are tough critiques when it comes to Italian food - and this is a hard one to beat! The menu has something for everyone, not to mention the vast array of specials!! We will definitely be putting Luciano's on our favorites list! It's worth the trip - and for us that's a 40 minute drive!Special Features:
- Special NightOutOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/1/2014I was given a gift card here sometime ago, so when I finally got to use it on a rare date night out I was so completely impressed. The food was delicious, the service was excellent, and the atmosphere was great! I look forward to going back!Special Features:
- enjoyfood1Dined on 7/30/2014We had a wonderful time as we always do. Food was fabulous and the service not only perfect but fun! Our group of five have been going to Luciano's for the past 6 years to celebrate our birthdays and all agree we will be back next year and every year after.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old World Charm and StyleyumyumDined on 7/27/2014The dark woods, low lighting, and hundreds of personalized celebrity photos on the walls suck you into the lounge, where aside from the one tv with the ballgame on, it could be 1966. It's great. The bartender was prompt, courteous and gave a solid pour. only complaint were the stale crackers given out with a spreadable cheese app my uncle ordered. we then sat in a secondary dining room for our main meal. everyone's food was delicious, although my luciano's signature steak was overdone. ordered medium rare, came out closer to medium well. the server immediately offered to start a new one for me, but i declined and promptly ate nearly the entire cut anyway. with the mushrooms, sauce and mashed potatoes it was easy to salvage.Special Features: