Luciano's - Kansas
216 W. Main Street
Mulvane, KS 67110Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Luciano's - Kansas
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://restaurantlucianos.com/
- Phone: 3167770045
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday - Monday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Wednesday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Italian
- Executive Chef: Luciano Mottola
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Entertainment, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for more details.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private dining Sunday through Thursday and everyday before 5pm. Call for more details.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 3167770045
A word from Luciano's - Kansas
It is Luciano’s mission to provide an authentic Italian experience giving special attention to quality in every aspect of dining, including the flavor of the food, the simple yet elegant and professional atmosphere, and the service of every team member.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Luciano's - Kansas reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great to show a friend from AustinSuzieQDined on 7/12/2013My friend from Austin is always telling us about all the things neat about Austin ... well I was able to show her the wonderful ambiance that Lucianos has to offer us good ole folks here in Kansas. She was impressed. She was raving about it when we left. Thanks for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingJerryCDined on 7/8/2013My daughters and I visited this restaurant after hearing very nice comments. We were quite disappointed. The martini was mostly water. The pasta was overcooked, dry and uninspired. We have prepared Quatrro Formaggi at home and frankly, we do a better job. Bella Luna serves much better pasta as does Bella Vita. My Filet Pepi Verde was cooked to the correct temperature but was drowning in the sauce.Special Features:
- Chefs ChoiceAndyDined on 6/29/2013Lucianos had an off menu 5 course meal with wine pairings that was just wonderful. We really enjoy getting a chance here in Kansas to experience an excellent chef who can put together unique dinners. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants a real, Italian dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real Fine Italian DiningVaxGhostDined on 6/28/2013This was our first visit. After living in St. Louis for several years and being familiar with the lively "Hill" area restaurants, my family expects a lot from an Italian restaurant. Olive Garden doesn't cut it. Luciano's does. Our food was full bodied in flavor with well rounded spicing. In particular, the Pasta Carbonara was rich, creamy, wonderfully tasty, and the sauce full of chunks of pancetta. My children, ages 11 and 14, especially enjoyed their servings of the family receipe Mottola Sugo di Carne, which was meaty and savory instead of sweet and ketchupy. We all enjoyed the endless baskets of perfectly baked Italian bread slices served with a dish of herbed oil and balsamic vinegar for dipping.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- repeat experienceBobSDined on 6/26/2013Although I live close, it is worth the drive if you do not. Every meal and experience has been outstanding.Special Features:
- Hidden TreasureKSFoodyDined on 6/19/2013First time visiting Luciano and everything from the first course of calamari to the main course of Penne Mare Monti and of course the wine was excellent. Waitress was polite and gave great suggestions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mamma Mia, That's ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2013One of the finest Italian restaurants this side of the Atlantic. A hidden secret and big surprise for anyone willing to go the distance. Perfect before or after a trip to the Kansas Star Casino, or for any other reason to enjoy fine dining - Italian style. Mangiare cosi bene, spendere cosi pocoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant and relaxing.BevoDined on 6/8/2013When first being seated, there was a family at the table next to ours. The family had two noisy, screaming children. Once they left (none too soon). Fortunately for us, that family left before our meal was served. The rest of the dining experience was wonderful! We sat in the area where the doors were open and a slight breeze drifted through. It was moderately quiet and we could hear our own conversations. As an aside, another couple with a 2-year old was seated behind our table after we had been seated. That little guy was so well-behaved. So, we do like children, just want them well-behaved. I totally understand that this is something you cannot control.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luciano's is a gemshaney63Dined on 6/7/2013We celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary at Luciano's and couldn't have made a better choice. Service was superior, certainly on a level with what I've experienced only in Europe. Our server knew the menu and wine list well enough to make excellent recommendations. Courses were served with just the right amount of time between rather than stacking dishes on top of one another. Portions were just the right size and made of healthy, fresh ingredients in a pristine clean kitchen in full view of the dining room. Our server refilled drinks without having to interrupt our dinner conversation. He brought the check when were were finished eating rather than rush us out of the restaurant. How refreshing!Special Features:
- Price of foodDJondiningDined on 6/7/2013It was too expensive for what you got? Didn't like having to wait so long for meal? The restaurant would be a hit in Italy, not a farming town.Special Features:
- Aniversary DinnerWichita03Dined on 6/1/2013For our one year anniversary dinner I surprised my wife going to Luciano's and had a perfect experience. Not only did they put the single rose in a vase on our table that I asked for messaging through opentable, they put us in the corner with great window views. First time dinning there, I heard many good things and they were right. Delicious Italian food and wine. Also enjoyed meeting the owner when he came around to all the tables. A year ago we went to Venice on our honeymoon and a year later we thought we were eating there. It you live in Wichita like I do, take the drive to Mulvane.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In lovecfrancis517Dined on 5/17/2013I love this restaurant and always talk about it and recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we saw you advertised on TVOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/17/2013we saw you advertised on TV many times. Liked the sound of authentic Italian food. Very short drive from Wichita. Will tell others.Special Features:
- For my wife and I this isOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/18/2013For my wife and I this is where we go when we want to relax and have a nice quiet dinner for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We tried the five-course chef'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013We tried the five-course chef's special with a wine flight. It was a bit pricy but scrumptious. Our server was very knowledgeable and very good. Highly recommend Luciano's.Special Features:
- Nice evening meal in MulvaneOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/15/2013A very nice family-run Italian restaurant. Good food and atmosphere.
- YummyCCCBDined on 3/13/2013It was everything we were told it would be. Very nice folks with outstanding Italian food. We stopped for lunch on our way to Kansas City. All four of us chose something different and loved our selections. The lunch portions were perfect. We definitely will return.Special Features:
- We enjoyed our evening andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013We enjoyed our evening and was pleasently surprised to have the chef come out to our table. Will be returning soon.Special Features:
- We love Lucianos! We wentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/18/2013We love Lucianos! We went especially to here the Monday night music and it was great fun thanks to Ken White,his son Micah,and wife dear Robin Macy (so much talent in this family!!!). Then the young waiter picked up his fiddle and played Irish music.... it was really fun evening.Special Features:
- My wife and I went to Luciano'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013My wife and I went to Luciano's for Valentine's Day. There food was really good, the service was EXCELLENT and the Chef/Owner Luciano even came out to greet his patrons. My wife asked him if he would be willing to make a vegetarian meal and he said he would as long as he knew within a week so he could get the right ingredients for his dish! That place was Amazing!Special Features:
- Luciano's is that rare gemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Luciano's is that rare gem of a restaurant where the chef still comes out to shake your hand and say "thank you". This is our getaway place...no kids, great service, wonderful food and wine. Cannot say enough good things!Special Features:
- One of my best meals sinceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/11/2013One of my best meals since we came to Wichita, KS in 1993 from Texas. Really nice meal and very good service, live guitar music was a great plus. Would recommend to anyone who loves Italian food.Special Features:
- Hidden gemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/2/2013We both had the Chef's Menu of the Day. as always, Luciano made some awesome choices. The appetizer was really good, the salad dressing, interesting and very tasty. The Scallop entree was cooked to perfection with a fennel sauce that was delightful. Would I recommend this restaurant to friends and neighbors? I would and I do. I would recommend the wine tasting on the last Monday each month for a taste of what Luciano can do in the kitchen and in pairing wines.Special Features:
- Food was very good, as usual.HardtopleaseDined on 1/26/2013Food was very good, as usual. Unfortunately we were seated in the back patio with a very loud, obnoxious woman seated next to us. I almost asked to be moved. Her loud voice and irritating laughter really distracted from what could have been a very enjoyable evening. I think she just wanted everyone to look at her! Ugh!Special Features:
- Excellent service and amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/26/2013Excellent service and amazing food! Best restaurant experience we have had in quite some time! Absolutely can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Luciano's = a memorable experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/12/2013Love this place! Wonderful authentic Italian food, great service and a very friendly atmosphere! Luciano is a great chef and wonderful greeter!Special Features:
- Treat for a 1st time guestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/10/2013Extremely welcoming atmosphere. Greeted with a pleasant smile and glad to see you feeling. Seated immediately in the requested area, that is more romantic and secluded from the bar area. Waiter was fantastic, never hurried, cheerful as well as helpful but not annoying. As a party of three, for our younger guest this was a first time visit. She was very impressed and stated she would love to come again. Every time we've been here it a very enjoyable, pleasant, unhurried experience. Great food, adequate quantity as well as memorable.Special Features:
- Perfect Occasion PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/9/2013Perfect place for a laid back atmosphere. The food is great everytime we have been here.Special Features:
- It was good food. Better thanOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/5/2013It was good food. Better than than Defazio's, and worth the extra cost? Well, Defazio's is hard to beat , there you get bigger portions and the flavor is as good. I like pasta with meatballs, at Luciano's, they do not offer meatballs. On thursday at Luciano's, it is pizza night, again, I like a lot of beef on my pizzas, but they only offer cheese pizzas.
- Non optional 20% service charge.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Non optional 20% service charge. Some portions small for the price. Good standard of food.Special Features:
- This was as close to authenticOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/28/2012This was as close to authentic Italian as I have found in Kansas. The place was a little small, I felt like we were sitting very close to other diners. But some may consider it cozy. The servers were very helpful and friendly. Food was amazing. Portion sizes were smaller than mainstream restaurants, something I appreciated very much because you could enjoy more courses. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- The food here is truely aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/15/2012The food here is truely a treat! Authentic Italian restaurant that takes it to a new level!Special Features:
- Really enjoyed finding a trueOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/10/2012Really enjoyed finding a true Italian restaurant in the heart of Kansas. Great bread, salads, freshly made pasta, as well as great selections of wine by the glass.Special Features:
- Bite of Tuscany in KansasOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/8/2012The chef, Luciano, really cares about doing his best. His freshly made pasta, is tender the way it ought to be. The flavor of the ravioli could be pumped up with the addition of some freshly cut herbs, but the mouth feel of Luciano's pasta is the best in these parts w/o having to drive to Kansas City. The salads are very fresh, appealing and good. A steak with green peppercorn, brandy cream sauce and mushrooms was swimming in the sauce. Probably best to ask for it served on the side. This is a mom and pop place that stands out from all of the chains doing the usual stuff in the southcentral Kansas area. If you're driving on the turnpike, Luciano's is a 5-minute detour from the Mulvane exit.Special Features:
- Great as always. Never haveJudiDined on 12/1/2012Great as always. Never have a bad experience with Luciano. His food and service is awesome. My favorite place to dine.
- Incredible Wait StaffJJKalinoDined on 11/29/2012Fantastic food and GREAT service. I was very thankful that the wait staff allowed my wife and I to stay past closing to finish our meals. We were completely unaware that the restaurant was closed and the staff was more than accommodating and showed no indication that they were closed. Ive never had that GREAT of service around closing and I will defiantly be back!!Special Features:
- We have eaten here severalOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2012We have eaten here several times. The food and service are excellant. It is alwasy a special treat for my wife and I to go here.Special Features:
- As always, our favorite placeJudiDined on 10/20/2012As always, our favorite place to dine. Can't say enough about the food or the service. It is downright excellent every visit!
- Great overall dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/7/2012Best food in the Wichita area. We will be back again and again.Special Features:
- Luciano's ~ A Lovely Small Town GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2012Good food, fresh but small portions, lovely sauces and presentation - the plating was beautiful. Service could have been more informed , experienced and attentive, but it was adequate for the most part. The chef greeted us and we appreciated that - Luciano is a lovely man, and the women thought him quite attractive , too !Special Features: