849 E. Commerce
San Antonio, TX 78205Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lucianorestaurants.com/
- Phone: 2102230500x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 10:00am - 9:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Julio Garcia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer full service catering for any event! Any menu we can create to your liking. Cakes, coffee, and all the linens available as well. Contact Bianca Centofanti at 210-223-0500
A word from Luciano Restaurant
There are plenty of good Italian restaurants. ButContinued
very few combine great food, friendly service and
affordability all in a comfortable family atmosphere.
At Luciano’s, we put them all together, so you can
relax and feel right at home.
very few combine great food, friendly service and
affordability all in a comfortable family atmosphere.
At Luciano’s, we put them all together, so you can
relax and feel right at home.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Luciano Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (12)special occasion (11)romantic (10)great for outdoor dining (9)scenic view (9)fit for foodies (6)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (5)neighborhood gem (4)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- DELICIOUS!!VisitorFromDallasDined on 10/10/2014I thought the food was absolutely wonderful and fresh. The lasagna was wonderful and I loved the "HOT" rolls that came out. And the Chocolate cake was AWESOME!! We also had a slice of the red velvet cake, it was okay but needs more icing between the layers and on top. Overall, really glad we tried the place. Service was very good and the food was delicious and loved the open kitchen to watch them make the pizzas and bring out the fresh bread. Wonderful experience. Will be back when we come to San Antonio again.Special Features:
- Gnats a NuisanceCultureMavensVIPDined on 10/2/2014Nice restaurant, good food but annoying flying gnats on the patio. Had to cover our food, especially liquids with plates to avoid little black gnats dive bombing into glasses. A complaint to the waiter said the city doesn't allow them to use citronella or other methods to stop the pests. If that's so then the restaurant shouldn't seat guests on the patio. An otherwise nice meal was ruined when gnats flew into the wine glasses.Special Features:
- Very Nice RestaurantLuvRetirementVIPDined on 10/1/2014For people who may want to eat Italian instead of Mexican when in San Antonio, Luciano is a great place. Located in the Rivercenter Mall on the San Antonio Riverwalk, it has both inside and outside dining. We had the antipasta and then pomodoro pasta and both were very, very good. Antipasta included artichokes, olives, salumi, and other meats and veggies. Very nice. Pomodoro pasta was exactly as we wanted it and was served immediately after preparation. Wine list was okay, primarily Italian wines. Will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza was awesomeChazDined on 9/21/2014The Margherita pizza was perfect, the crust was also cooked wonderfully.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sldjflksdjVIPDined on 9/20/2014Great ambiance and food was wonderful! Adam is a great waiterSpecial Features:
- VerelisDined on 9/13/2014Would highly recommend this restaurant for the delicious food and friendly and attentive service. Our server whose name I don't know, was so very nice. Our meal was of excellent quality and the dessert cart sold us! Wine list was quite expansive. We enjoyed our table on the outdoor patio overlooking the Riverwalk. Coming at 5:00 meant the noise level was fairlly low and that made our dining experience even nicer. The restaurant just has a really nice ambience. So glad we had the experience. Can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodAshaDined on 8/30/2014The bread was delicious, salads fresh and my husband and I shared two main courses which were both fabulous (Gorgonzola chicken and Veal limone). Overall it was a good experience. Our waitress said she was fairly new and wasn't familiar with the wine list, but promptly sent someone over who was. The entrees come with mixed veggies and polenta. My husband does not eat veggies so he asked to exchange for something else and was told he could swap for a side of pasta, but it would be an up charge (which was fine with us). When we got the bill, the up charge price was $4.99.....the same as ordering a completely different side order. I thought that was a bit steep to switch out veggies for pasta, but we didn't complain and paid it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Place, AmbinaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Excellent food, very prompt service, good location and very affordable. Highly recommend for mid-size groups.Special Features:
- Luciano's is always a 5!StrimeDined on 7/27/2014We visit Luciano's at least once and sometimes twice each time we visit San Antonio. Food is great, service is great, and location is near the convention center.Special Features:
- We were underwhelmedSicilianInCorneliusDined on 7/26/2014We had high hopes but were not impressed with the service, choices, food quality or service. OK if you are staying on the Riverwalk and need someplace to grab dinner, but don't expect anything special.Special Features:
- Fabulous!TerriBfromNJDined on 7/26/2014I had the chance to eat at Luciano's several times during a recent conference - I went the first time because it was convenient, but I returned a second and third time because the food and the service was excellent! From seafood to pasta to chicken, everything was hot and well-prepared. The wait-staff was very friendly and efficient (though a bit harried during the lunch rush). I highly recommend Luciano's for lunch or dinner...Special Features:
- Great dinner on the riverwelovewineDined on 7/23/2014We enjoyed Luciano's for dinner during our family trip to San Antonio. We sat indoors because it was quite warm but the outdoor seating is beautiful and scenic. It is convenient to the river boat tours and the River Center Mall. The food was very good and the kids menu suited our kids (which is sometimes tough to do).Special Features:
- Not your typical Italian restaurantTeespadDined on 7/7/2014I am a pasta lover. I especially love fettuccini alfredo with chicken and broccoli. Luciano's is the BEST that I have ever tasted. It was fresh, creamy, and delicious. The service was excellent and the waitress was very efficient. My food was delivered within 15 minutes after ordering. I will definitely eat at this restaurant again especially since there is in Charlotte, NC, which is close to my home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 31 reviews are from the Luciano Restaurant reviews archive.
- Good ItalianGkozbballDined on 6/23/2014Italian restaurant with some nice paleo options. Everyone walked away satisfiedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early Saturday DinnerpokeysidDined on 6/21/2014We stopped here on our way to the Majestic for a show. We were seated promptly and a waiter appeared at almost the same time. Water and bread was brought out quickly and both were refilled as needed. The wine list is extensive and there is something for every budget. We ordered and the food was brought out as we were finishing our first glass of wine. Everything we ordered was prepared very well. Overall it was a very pleasant way to start a great evening.Special Features:
- Visting San antonioInSADined on 6/5/2014Great place in rivercenter mall. Good view and serviceSpecial Features:
- sofiaDined on 5/24/2014In a few words, we ordered 2 pizzas. The cook took them out of the oven but the waiter brought them to us after about 20 minutes. We could see the pizzas remaining there upon the bench. Obviously, when we got our pizzas, they were cooled and the dough was moistened. It could be much better if they have brought them to us immediately, as we didn't have any appetizers in our table.Special Features:
- Superb Itallian FoodJosephDined on 5/11/2014My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our dinner on Sunday evening. James was most attentive without being intrusive, and provided excellent service. The zucchini appetizer was outstanding, the cheese ravioli very good, the pollo gorgonzola was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great dining experienceBeckyDined on 5/11/2014Luciano's is great for a special occasion or just about any event. The good is excellent and the service is fantastic . The ambiance is elegant but can also be romantic, nice and intimate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice meal - an almost perfect placeFrogmanDined on 4/15/2014There is a door that is located at the opposite end of the restaurant from the main entry that has a high pitched squeak. It must not annoy anyone that works there because it was squeaking last April and it is still squeaking today. There is no sense in this! It is very distracting as it is used by the wait staff all during dinner service. The antipasto salad was again and the lasagna had great flavor. What the lasagna lacked was heat. I know I should have sent it back for a reheat, but I just wanted to get away from that damn door. My wife's shrimp dish was really a treat for the eyes and the palate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencekristinrDined on 3/29/2014Richard was our server and did an awesome job! Was very personable and attentive. Table was ready when we arrived, it was an outdoor table overlooking the river and stage area where there was a live band. There really weren't a ton of people around, which made it nicer. The food was great.....we had 8 in our group and everyone said their food was excellent. The weather was perfect, which helped the atmosphere even more enjoyable! The bread that is brought to every table before the meal arrives is amazing! Definitely fresh and tastes wonderful! Desserts looked yummy too, but we were all too full to order any after dinner! Overall, a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was Great Service not so muchecsmdDined on 3/24/2014Upon entering the Restaurant we were greeted by the wonderful aroma of Italian spices and food. The hostess didn't welcome us to the restaurant nor did she smile, but she did seat at a lovely table along the window overlooking the Riverwalk. The restaurant was very loud and we had difficulty hearing our conversation. The fresh bread along with the dipping oil and spices were really delicious. We ordered the Pepperoni and Sausage Pizza which arrived in a timely fashion and was perfectly cooked and tasty. However, after the pizza arrived, we never saw the waiter again until I had to get up and track him down for the check. No follow up for drinks or to find out if we enjoyed our food. Didn't even offer us a box for the remaining pizza either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was average/good. ServiceBuckDined on 3/24/2014Food was average/good. Service very good and prompt. Fairly noisy even though not crowded.Special Features:
- Quiet dining on the RiverwalkOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/19/2014Enjoyed a birthday dinner for our daughter's 17th birthday. It's away from the crowds of the main part of the Riverwalk. Food was very good, prices were reasonable for Riverwalk dining.Special Features:
- Luciano's, better than expectedTomRDined on 3/10/2014Luciano's is in a very crowded, touristy indoor mall, right on San Antonio's Riverwalk, and close to the convention center and Marriott Hotel. I went there for a business dinner and was disappointed by the noise level and high level of activity with many families and small children dashing around. The design of the restaurant was pleasant, though. Once we adjusted to the noise level, we thoroughly enjoyed Luciano's. My flounder, done in a Puttanesa style, was delicious. My companion gave her pasta with meat sauce a thumbs up. I'm not a wine connoisseur, but they had bottles at many price points and our mid-pricec selection was very good. We were too stuffed to try the desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent choice on the river walkMelvinDined on 2/20/2014Grant service and sitting outside with music playing in the courtyard was a great treat. A nice diversion from the chains on the riverwalkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & ambiance sub par svcJeffDined on 2/18/2014I took some co-workers here for dinner and the view of the boardwalk was great from our elevated table. We sat there at least 15 minutes before we got something to drink, but the food was fabulous. The service level never did improve. If this restaurant were to invest some time and effort to increase the quality of service, this restaurant would stand out above the rest. At this point I am unsure whether I will go back for a second time. The food was good............Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best part of the meal was the breadWingnutVIPDined on 2/15/2014Turns out Luciano is a chain, a sort of lesser Macaroni Grill. While the warm bread was had an unusually good taste and texture, all of the entrees were bland and the Caesar salad was drowning dressing. Even my son's penne arabiatta had no space at all.
- good location poor foodcomptyDined on 2/13/2014had to wait long periods for service. Food was cold. Bread rolls were tasty.Special Features:
- Bread to die for!OutOfTownerDined on 2/6/2014If you enjoy great food and good service, this is the Italian restaurant for you. Nice selection of menu items in a variety of price ranges. Generous portions and decadent deserts. But fall in love with the warm bread and olive olive served as you sit down. It's addictive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- River Walk MalltrasDined on 1/18/2014We were pleasantly surprised to have such outstanding service at what we thought was going to be a mall restaurant experience. All our meals were hot, well presented and delicious. We completely forgot we were in a mall and enjoying the music and activities on the San Antonio River Walk. Great Italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem on the RiverwalkLynSpin9Dined on 1/14/2014Being so far away from home I was yearning for some Italian food after three nights of Texas BBQ. What a find! Luciano's was a thorough delight. Food was fabulous, service was good. Setting was perfect. Our waiter had difficulty understanding us (Kentucky and Rhode Island accents) so he had some difficulty getting our orders straight but it all worked out. Would definitely go back next time we're in San Antonio. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine family dinnerAngela5Dined on 1/3/2014We treated our family to a night at the riverwalk and Luciano' s did not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food good serviceMichaemaDined on 1/1/2014We had dinner there but really did not want much to eat. They have a good selection of pastas, meat and fish. Excellent pizza. All ingredients are fresh. We had a Margerita pizza and the mozzeralla and fresh tomatoes. The dough was magnificent. My son had a fettuccini. It was good but not as good as the pizza. I also thought the portions were a little small for the pasta prices. Not bad though. Ambience is very nice. Table spacing is good and noise level is fairly quiet you can have a conversation at a normal tone of voice and enjoy a very good dinner in a pleasant setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/20/2013My family and I went here for a Birthday dinner the other night and we were all blown away by how great the food was. It was our first time going and we'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Satisfies any appetite!MartyDined on 11/30/2013We dined at Luciano's for lunch several years ago and always wanted to go back for dinner. We dined there last weekend with a group of 5 and none of us were disappointed. Our waiter could not have been better and each dish that we sampled was absolutely delicious. We will return next time we visit the Riverwalk in San Antonio!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a so-so experience. NothingJimLabDined on 11/29/2013Just a so-so experience. Nothing over-whelming here.
- A Great ExperienceTerisitaDined on 11/23/2013We were a party of 10 that ended up being 8. Luciano's placed us in their private room (where other diners also sat). The service, food selections could not have been better. What else could you ask for!Special Features:
- Decent Italian foodGenaNDined on 11/7/2013Needed a restaurant close to the Riverwalk while family was in town for a conference. Luciano's was pretty good, although more Italian-American than authentic Italian. We had a very nice Sicilian syrah. I had a pizza Margherita, baked in a wood-burning pizza oven that was nicely done. My husband had chicken lasagna--tasty, although maybe a little heavy on salt. Not a-typical for most restaurant fare. Two disappointments--the fried ravioli were not as light and crisp as they should be. And the chocolate cannoli was rock-hard. The filling for the cannoli seemed more like a pastry cream than a ricotta filling and lacked flavor. But overall, decent Italian food, and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeWillieDined on 10/19/2013Honestly this place was great. They went out of their way to make us feel at home. The food was wonderful!Special Features: