24312 Del Prado
Dana Point, CA 92629Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://lucianas.com/
- Phone: 9496616500x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm -10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Bao Troung
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Luciana's endeavors to accommodate the banquet needs of the local community as well as embracing guest from across the nation. We welcome the celebration of future brides and grooms, and have the ability to create an undisturbed setting in which companies may conduct business, all the while enjoying authentic Italian cuisine. We have three lovely areas to accommodate groups of all sizes. Our Main Dinning room holds up to 75 guests and is complete with access to the Front Patio as well as a charming fireplace. Our Library room seats 40 guests, and is exceptional for quaint gatherings, offering an intimate experience. Our wine room offers smaller groups a remarkable private dinning experience. Situated adjacently to, and complete with a view of our Wine Cellar, this room will hold a party with a maximum of 30 guests. A full bar separates the Main Dinning room from the Library. Total seating capacity is 150 guests. Luncheons are also available and require a minimum of 25 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Matthew S. Santore 949-661-6500x
- Entertainment: We have an Italian, European and Latin American accordion player with over 50 years experience.
A word from Luciana's Ristorante
Located in a historical home in the resort town of Dana Point, Luciana's Ristorante has been serving the Orange County community for over 30 years. The decor is reminiscent of a cozy European-style inn, establishing it as one of Orange County's most romantic restaurants. Awarded the Southern California Restaurant Writers gold medal since 1996, three stars from the California Restaurant Writers, Zagat Survey, Zagat's Top Italian Restaurants of North America and an Award of Excellence for its wine list, Luciana's has been setting the standard for classic as well as innovative Italian cuisine. Whether visiting our cozy restaurant or our Bed and Breakfast and Cooking School in Tuscany, Italy, you are sure to experience the best and freshest combination of the old and new worlds.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Luciana's Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Dana Point ›
Luciana's Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
139 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (86)romantic (73)special occasion (63)fit for foodies (47)notable wine list (29)good for groups (20)hot spot (8)great for outdoor dining (6)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (3)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Not a place I would return toSurferdudeDined on 10/21/2014Not a enjoyable night. The food was served warm not hot, my dish was veal with a side of pasta, the veal was tough and not fit to eat, the pasta was cold and over cooked, my partner had a seafood dish that was also served warm not hot, the shrimp was overlooked and the mussels were sandy. Not a place I will rush back to.
- lrlovDined on 10/14/2014We were very pleased with the meals and the service was great. We booked a private party dinner. And, we are looking forward to another evening there.Special Features:
- good but busyreggiesdadVIPDined on 10/12/2014We went based on previous reviews. There were several large groups that resulted in a very noisy atmosphere and diverted service a bit. While the meal was good it was not as realaxing and peaceful as it might have been. Next time we would cancel if they had the same number of customers.Special Features:
- Delicious and great service!PeachesandCreamDined on 10/12/2014We were seated in what looked like a wine cellar, with a fireplace screen in the television. The tables are wide and several. Any room in Lucianas is great and feels like a trip to Italy. Food is delicious and service is superb.Special Features:
- ItalianGentDined on 10/8/2014Was not pleased with waiter's inattention. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSpecial Features:
- Gluten free friendly!NsimonewDined on 10/3/2014I have Celiac so most restaurants aren't safe for me to eat at. Luciana's was fantastic in meeting my needs. They had a gluten free menu with pasta dish options. We had the chicken pesto and salmon entrees, both we amazing! For dessert I was able to eat the flourless chocolate cake- another hit! Cozy atmosphere, romantic and charming italian place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LeffeDined on 10/2/2014I have been there several times. Perfect as always, LeifSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EscondidoGarrySkinFixerDined on 9/30/2014Outstanding service from the moment we walked in. The entire staff worked together like a well oiled machine. The food was incredible across the board. Great experience and will most definitely be back.Special Features:
- can't wait to go back!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014Beautiful place..... Very tasty food n great service! Prices were very reasonable TOO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was a new find!lbbonnieDined on 9/26/2014Good food, reasonable pricing, friendly service. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50th anniversaryWkwiDined on 9/25/2014On 9/25/14 we celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary at Luciana's. Jose and all of the staff welcomed us very warmly and wished us a happy anniversary. The recommendations for the specials, I had the mixed grill, which was great, and the wife had chicken cannoloni . The food was outstanding. We would highly recommend Luciana's for any special occasion or any time you want great food and service. Wayne & Mary AnnSpecial Features:
- Never disappointsAkomakDined on 9/23/2014For many years Lucianas has been a favorite of ours, and the quality of food, service and ambiance remains high. It's always full, yet the service is attentive, friendly and professional, and we never feel rushed. The menu is varied and reasonably priced, despite elegant presentation and generous portions... I try something new each time, and I've never been disappointed. The wine list has something for everyone, both the conniseur of top drawer offerings and the house chianti devotee. The ambiance is warm and inviting, and it is our "go to" place for a romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- been here lotszmanDined on 9/20/2014this is our 5th visit and most disappointing. Food was overcooked, service was so/so. We were a group of six, the veal was delivered tough, the chicken was overcooked and the server was not on top of refilling the wine. Previous visits were just two of us and much better overall experiences. Unfortunately our friends were not impressedSpecial Features:
- great place for any occassioncheckitoutDined on 9/18/2014cozy place with great service. the bartender was very accommodating and service was great. foodwise, it's just ok. not a place to bring someone who knows their food. i will go there again because of the service, the ambiance and the prices are easy on the wallet.Special Features:
- Great Italian experienceBSZ56Dined on 9/18/2014Great food, nice and cozy décor, friendly, professional service! Make reservations. Gets very busy. Will definitely be going again, more likely for a special occasion. We live about 50 miles away.Special Features:
- Great food and atmosphere!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/12/2014Delightful dining experience! Delicious food and lovely ambiance...we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/7/2014Always a great night! This is a must have when you have visitors it's quaint and cute, the food is great and the prices are fantastic. The bartenders are warm and welcoming you could dine by yourself and you'd be comfortable. If you haven't been here yet it's a must try...enjoy!Special Features:
- Uncharacteristically PoorOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Perhaps I need to start making my Open Table reservations an hour earlier? My recent 7:30 at Luciana's had us getting seated at 8:30. What I also found completely irritating was the reminder of the $20 corkage fee as we were being seated an hour late. Follow that up with the fact that yes, the wine got opened and poured initially, but that was it. I was refilling the glasses from that point on. Horrible service. My wife and I normally love the place, but everything went wrong that night. The duo playing in the bar area were annoyingly loud, especially having to listen to it for an hour while we waited, horrible service, the corkage fee debacle, lousy cell phone reception so we couldn't even let that pass the time. Tip-waive the corkage!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A go-to place at a moments noticelookingforfunDined on 9/2/2014Our first time dining here was very positive. The food was very good, the service great, and wine list very good. The ambiance was negatively impacted due to the temporary construction on the Coast Highway but did not spoil our time there.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood gemmanjaDined on 8/31/2014Lucianas is a quaint, charming restaurant that serves Italian food the way it should be served. The ambiance is warm and cozy and the service is excellent.Special Features:
- PerlucDined on 8/28/2014Great locals place. Nice atmosphere. Cozy and authentic. Excellent service and the food is always good. Been coming to Lucianas for years. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Food and service were excellent and courtey dessert appreciated. For older people, lighting was dark and room was noisy. Will try room with bookcases next time which was quieter.Special Features:
- Another perfect eveningyumyumDined on 8/25/2014Really love this place, one of our favorites. Consistent.Special Features:
- we would come backletdf2003Dined on 8/23/2014The food was very good and the service was good. The ambiance was a bit dark, but seemed authentic. The one criticism I have is that it was very loud and it was difficult to hear or to converse. There was an accordion player who had an amplifier hooked to her accordion and that contributed to the high noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oldie but goodieOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2014Old Italian Music playing alll night...which was cool...Our waiter was kinda ADD....but service was good and they didn't; bug us too much. Its a nice...low light but smaller and a bit loud restaurant. there are two rooms....one with a fireplace....maybe that was more quite. the Garlic bread was also cheesy and mmmm Good.Special Features:
- RBHTDined on 8/19/2014Wonderful Italian food and great wine list. Lovely ambiance, the only downside is needing more parking spaces or valet service. But allowing the area in Dana Point it is worth the inconvenience! We will go back many times.Special Features:
- Did not meet expectationsDisappointedDined on 8/15/2014Heard good things Crowded Waiting area uncomfortable The accordion player was terrible.....please lose her Waiter looked and acted like he shouldn't have been a waiter.... Manager type guy had to rescue him Sorry!
- Always a pleasureMrRobDined on 8/13/2014Luciana's is one of those restaurants that consistently delivers a great dining experience. It is always an old favorite that never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New FavoriteDsg92688Dined on 8/10/2014Luciano's was recommended by a friend who lives part time in Laguna Niguel. We had a party of four and we each loved our choice of entree. We started with the carpaccio and anti pasta salad. My selection was the meat lasagna and I think it is the best I have ever had. My husband always finishes what I can't but he was disappointed this item, I cleaned my plate. The couple we dined with was from Long Island and Italian. They were thrilled with our choice of restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- halrDined on 8/9/2014We have been dining at Luciana's for the past 25 years and have never been disappointed. In the past we have stuck to the traditional Italian menu items. Most recently I had veal parmigiana...as good as any I have ever I had. This time we decided to try the fish that is a special each time. I had halibut and my wife had swordfish.....both were excellent and reasonably priced (as are the wines by the glass). I would highly recommend this restaurant for a wonderful, intimate meal.Special Features:
- GraceDined on 8/9/2014Had reservations & were seated on time. Restaurant was very busy & quite loud. Waiter was obviously very busy & did rush us somewhat. Specials blurted out so fast & the noise level so high that he had to repeat them all again. Two entrees out of the five not warm enough. Good but not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood ItalianloveopentableDined on 8/8/2014Juliana's is a lovely little spot in the heart of Dana Point. Even with reservations we waited thirty minutes for our table. One of our group ordered a cocktail and the rest asked for a wine list, which never appeared. The food was well prepared and delicious all around. The noise level was deafening! If one is looking for a lively and loud local dining spot, then Juliana's could be your new favorite. However, if you would rather have a quiet or romantic dinner, Juliana's is the wrong place for you. Our ears are still ringing!Special Features:
- Neighborhood gem.eatoutalotDined on 8/7/2014Haven't been there in over 6 years, and it's still an excellent place for a quiet dinner with good food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Felt the food was great, but didn't enjoy how we were seated. All the diners were crammed into one section, when it was clear the other half of the dining room had empty tables. So our experience was very noisy and we had no privacy for a romantic anniversary dinner at all!Special Features:
- Great foodMarkNLu0304Dined on 8/2/2014Luciana's is a family favorite....great food and fair pricesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, nice ambienceCleanyourplateDined on 8/1/2014This is THE place we always take out out-of-towners and family to catch our breaths, enjoy a fabulous meal and can actually hear our conversation. The service is always impeccable - the wait staff is willing to allow us to take our time and enjoy the food and company - a rarity these days!Special Features:
- SchatzieDined on 8/1/2014One of the best Italliain restaurant on the coast. Love the Chicken Florentine, and all the salcicia dishes. I have them substitute pasta for the polenta and it is wonderful. Great wines, and desserts. Chocolate Gelatto is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014Favorite of ours especially when friends in town or business get together. Love the Accordian playerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new gemProductReviewerDined on 7/30/2014I am thrilled to have experienced at Luciana! I had a wonderful dining experience that included veal,veggies and potatoes. My daughter and girlfriend enjoyed delicious meals of pasta. We will be back!
- Outstanding in every way!WayneDined on 7/29/2014Food is always great, menu selection is very broad and service if friendly, quick and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.