24312 Del Prado
Dana Point, CA 92629Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://lucianas.com/
- Phone: (949) 661-6500
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm -10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Bao Troung
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Luciana's endeavors to accommodate the banquet needs of the local community as well as embracing guest from across the nation. We welcome the celebration of future brides and grooms, and have the ability to create an undisturbed setting in which companies may conduct business, all the while enjoying authentic Italian cuisine. We have three lovely areas to accommodate groups of all sizes. Our Main Dinning room holds up to 75 guests and is complete with access to the Front Patio as well as a charming fireplace. Our Library room seats 40 guests, and is exceptional for quaint gatherings, offering an intimate experience. Our wine room offers smaller groups a remarkable private dinning experience. Situated adjacently to, and complete with a view of our Wine Cellar, this room will hold a party with a maximum of 30 guests. A full bar separates the Main Dinning room from the Library. Total seating capacity is 150 guests. Luncheons are also available and require a minimum of 25 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Matthew S. Santore 949-661-6500x
- Entertainment: We have an Italian, European and Latin American accordion player with over 50 years experience.
A word from Luciana's Ristorante
Located in a historical home in the resort town of Dana Point, Luciana's Ristorante has been serving the Orange County community for over 30 years. The decor is reminiscent of a cozy European-style inn, establishing it as one of Orange County's most romantic restaurants. Awarded the Southern California Restaurant Writers gold medal since 1996, three stars from the California Restaurant Writers, Zagat Survey, Zagat's Top Italian Restaurants of North America and an Award of Excellence for its wine list, Luciana's has been setting the standard for classic as well as innovative Italian cuisine. Whether visiting our cozy restaurant or our Bed and Breakfast and Cooking School in Tuscany, Italy, you are sure to experience the best and freshest combination of the old and new worlds.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Luciana's Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Dana Point ›
Luciana's Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
142 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (88)romantic (73)special occasion (66)fit for foodies (48)good for groups (31)notable wine list (30)hot spot (9)great for outdoor dining (8)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (4)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great food! Excellent serviceJuanMDined on 11/20/2014We always have a great time at Luciana's. The food is delicious and the staff is friendly. We always come here for any special occasion. The have great selection of wine. They really know what there doing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CandyDined on 11/18/2014I love the ambiance and atmosphere of this place. As always they make you feel at home. The food was great. I would definitely come again to try more on trays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful Meal.....ksb48VIPDined on 11/15/2014We loved our meal at Lucianas. We had a great pasta meal with wine on our date night and will definitely return. The pasta was perfectly cooked al dente and ingredients were fresh and perfectly seasoned. Hubby had shrimp with his pasta and the portions are generous. We will return soon....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Attentive ServiceSJLawDined on 11/14/2014Very nice, friendly, accommodating and professional hostess sat us immediately at our table. Request DALE to be your server. He is knowledgeable about menu items, and informed us when something (such as bleu-cheese-stuffed olives or their INCREDIBLY GOOD garlic bread) would take a few extra minutes so we didn't sit there wondering where he went. Bus boys very attentive, removing plates, replacing flatware, bringing the next course. Nice menu. Very good food. Carpaccio: Excellent. Spinach salad: Would have every night. Excellent with "shoe-string-sliced" apples, goat cheese and pecans. Veal: very enjoyable. Good wine list. Pretty,comfortable decor. Plenty of free parking in the lot around the corner from the restaurant, or on the street if you're lucky enough to find it there. Several people were enjoying special occasions, with dignity (no singing waiters). Fair menu pricing. Very good and attentive service from Dale and staff. Definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed BagMerryEaterDined on 11/9/2014Beautiful interior, but 3,yes 3 crying babies in the dining room on a Friday evening. Staff is really pleasant, but the kitchen was so slow that it took 2 hours for dinner and even though we had said nothing, they compt us one of our appetizers when the server presented the bill.
- Cozy and deliciousBbkluvsfoodDined on 11/5/2014Hard to find high quality food in a comfortable home like setting, great service and not feel like you're getting gouged. I don't typically like Italian restaurants because my food tastes better. I'd go back here without hesitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- local yocallocalyocal98Dined on 11/5/2014The food was good ambiance was romantic. I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccassionSteveDined on 11/4/2014Second time to Luciana; this time for a birthday celebration. Great experience except for having to wait to place our food order - somewhat longer than tables seated after us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClassicCrab57Dined on 11/3/2014Simple, quality food served in cozy, quiet, old Italy style surroundings. Our server was prompt, informative and very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BesT Dining Experience In A WhileFoodloverDined on 11/2/2014Excellent food, excellent service, excellent prices. I can't say enough good things about this place. Well-decorated (not that that matters, but they knocked this one out of the park, too), staff is really nice, especially to children (despite the extra mess they make)...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experiencefoodieDined on 11/1/2014Luciana's was a wonderful combination of good food, service, ambiance and music. We would definitely come back when we are in the area!Special Features:
- WaveDined on 10/31/2014Consistently great food, atmosphere and service. One of our favorites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/29/2014The ambiance was great! Everything else was so so. The food was the biggest disappointment. My wife had the ravioli and I had the sirloin. Both were meh. Her ravioli was not tender and my steak was not tasty at all. I asked that the steak to be medium well done and it was very very red throughout. I honesty would not recommend this place for the price. Leaving there, both my wife and I agreed we would have been better off finding an Olive Garden.
- DianaDianaDined on 10/29/2014Fabulous! Always fabulous and always welcoming.....what more need one say? Food, service and ambiance are excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food met my expectations.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/28/2014The meal was full of the flavors of traditonal Italy. No overpowering sauces or drowning the pasta in sauce. The wine list was diverse and the menu covered both classical and treditional dishes with the chef's identity clearly showing.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014The GM was amazing, the waitress was great, and the food was lights out. I'll be writing a Yelp review too!Special Features:
- Really a great surpriseGreatfindDined on 10/22/2014The owner helped us choose some great wine and our waiter and his daughter both added to a great overall experience.Special Features:
- Not a place I would return toSurferdudeDined on 10/21/2014Not a enjoyable night. The food was served warm not hot, my dish was veal with a side of pasta, the veal was tough and not fit to eat, the pasta was cold and over cooked, my partner had a seafood dish that was also served warm not hot, the shrimp was overlooked and the mussels were sandy. Not a place I will rush back to.
- lrlovDined on 10/14/2014We were very pleased with the meals and the service was great. We booked a private party dinner. And, we are looking forward to another evening there.Special Features:
- good but busyreggiesdadVIPDined on 10/12/2014We went based on previous reviews. There were several large groups that resulted in a very noisy atmosphere and diverted service a bit. While the meal was good it was not as realaxing and peaceful as it might have been. Next time we would cancel if they had the same number of customers.Special Features:
- Delicious and great service!PeachesandCreamDined on 10/12/2014We were seated in what looked like a wine cellar, with a fireplace screen in the television. The tables are wide and several. Any room in Lucianas is great and feels like a trip to Italy. Food is delicious and service is superb.Special Features:
- ItalianGentDined on 10/8/2014Was not pleased with waiter's inattention. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSpecial Features:
- Gluten free friendly!NsimonewDined on 10/3/2014I have Celiac so most restaurants aren't safe for me to eat at. Luciana's was fantastic in meeting my needs. They had a gluten free menu with pasta dish options. We had the chicken pesto and salmon entrees, both we amazing! For dessert I was able to eat the flourless chocolate cake- another hit! Cozy atmosphere, romantic and charming italian place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LeffeDined on 10/2/2014I have been there several times. Perfect as always, LeifSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EscondidoGarrySkinFixerDined on 9/30/2014Outstanding service from the moment we walked in. The entire staff worked together like a well oiled machine. The food was incredible across the board. Great experience and will most definitely be back.Special Features:
- can't wait to go back!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014Beautiful place..... Very tasty food n great service! Prices were very reasonable TOO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was a new find!lbbonnieDined on 9/26/2014Good food, reasonable pricing, friendly service. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50th anniversaryWkwiDined on 9/25/2014On 9/25/14 we celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary at Luciana's. Jose and all of the staff welcomed us very warmly and wished us a happy anniversary. The recommendations for the specials, I had the mixed grill, which was great, and the wife had chicken cannoloni . The food was outstanding. We would highly recommend Luciana's for any special occasion or any time you want great food and service. Wayne & Mary AnnSpecial Features:
- Never disappointsAkomakDined on 9/23/2014For many years Lucianas has been a favorite of ours, and the quality of food, service and ambiance remains high. It's always full, yet the service is attentive, friendly and professional, and we never feel rushed. The menu is varied and reasonably priced, despite elegant presentation and generous portions... I try something new each time, and I've never been disappointed. The wine list has something for everyone, both the conniseur of top drawer offerings and the house chianti devotee. The ambiance is warm and inviting, and it is our "go to" place for a romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- been here lotszmanDined on 9/20/2014this is our 5th visit and most disappointing. Food was overcooked, service was so/so. We were a group of six, the veal was delivered tough, the chicken was overcooked and the server was not on top of refilling the wine. Previous visits were just two of us and much better overall experiences. Unfortunately our friends were not impressedSpecial Features:
- great place for any occassioncheckitoutDined on 9/18/2014cozy place with great service. the bartender was very accommodating and service was great. foodwise, it's just ok. not a place to bring someone who knows their food. i will go there again because of the service, the ambiance and the prices are easy on the wallet.Special Features:
- Great Italian experienceBSZ56Dined on 9/18/2014Great food, nice and cozy décor, friendly, professional service! Make reservations. Gets very busy. Will definitely be going again, more likely for a special occasion. We live about 50 miles away.Special Features:
- Great food and atmosphere!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/12/2014Delightful dining experience! Delicious food and lovely ambiance...we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/7/2014Always a great night! This is a must have when you have visitors it's quaint and cute, the food is great and the prices are fantastic. The bartenders are warm and welcoming you could dine by yourself and you'd be comfortable. If you haven't been here yet it's a must try...enjoy!Special Features:
- Uncharacteristically PoorOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Perhaps I need to start making my Open Table reservations an hour earlier? My recent 7:30 at Luciana's had us getting seated at 8:30. What I also found completely irritating was the reminder of the $20 corkage fee as we were being seated an hour late. Follow that up with the fact that yes, the wine got opened and poured initially, but that was it. I was refilling the glasses from that point on. Horrible service. My wife and I normally love the place, but everything went wrong that night. The duo playing in the bar area were annoyingly loud, especially having to listen to it for an hour while we waited, horrible service, the corkage fee debacle, lousy cell phone reception so we couldn't even let that pass the time. Tip-waive the corkage!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A go-to place at a moments noticelookingforfunDined on 9/2/2014Our first time dining here was very positive. The food was very good, the service great, and wine list very good. The ambiance was negatively impacted due to the temporary construction on the Coast Highway but did not spoil our time there.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood gemmanjaDined on 8/31/2014Lucianas is a quaint, charming restaurant that serves Italian food the way it should be served. The ambiance is warm and cozy and the service is excellent.Special Features:
- PerlucDined on 8/28/2014Great locals place. Nice atmosphere. Cozy and authentic. Excellent service and the food is always good. Been coming to Lucianas for years. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Food and service were excellent and courtey dessert appreciated. For older people, lighting was dark and room was noisy. Will try room with bookcases next time which was quieter.Special Features:
- Another perfect eveningyumyumDined on 8/25/2014Really love this place, one of our favorites. Consistent.Special Features: