222 Park Place Center
Kirkland, WA 98033Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.iloveluciakirkland.com/
- Phone: 4258890200
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Sunday - Monday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
Tuesday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Caterina Halter
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Lucia is thrilled to offer signature catering menus, exceptional service and stylish private spaces to make your next event truly unforgettable. We also offer off site catering, box lunches and party platters. Please contact email@example.com for more information!
- Private Party Facilities: Lucia offers two private dining spaces for you to choose from. The Loft is a hip, swanky space open to the dining room below and can accommodate up to 35 guests for a seated meal or 50 guests for a cocktail-style reception. The Lucia Dining Room is a stylish, traditional dining space on the ground level and can accommodate up to 50 guests for a seated meal or 70 guests for a cocktail-style reception. We will work with you to ensure your event reflects your own taste and brings your vision to reality. Our goal is to relieve you of the many details that go along with hosting a successful party so that you, as well as your guests, can thoroughly enjoy your special event. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about Lucia’s Private Dining options.
- Private Party Contact: Rachel Ploegman 425-889-0200x
- Entertainment: Wednesday Live Music featured during our Summer Series June 4th - August 28th 2014!
- Special Events: Upcoming Special Events:
Seattle Restaurant Week (April 6-10, 13-17)
Easter Brunch & Dinner April 20th
Dining Out For Life April 24
Girls Giving Back Art & Wine Auction May 18
A word from Lucia
Lucia, The East sides premier Italian restaurant. Modern, warm, romantic dining in an upscale, casual atmosphere. Hip, classy lounge with great late night Happy Hour. Voted Best Happy Hour by Komo TV and OpenTable Diner's Choice Winner of the past four years!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Lucia - Best Restaurants in Kirkland ›
Lucia reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (32)fit for foodies (17)great for outdoor dining (17)romantic (11)good for groups (9)notable wine list (8)hot spot (7)special occasion (6)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (5)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- not worth the moneykirklanderDined on 10/14/2014Same old menu,small crowded tables, fast food type chairs that are very uncomfortable,waiter who shouted rather than talked,brought out our entrees and forgot our salads ,then took the entrees back into the kitchen and finally brought our salads and then served our entrees which were all cold. Way too much money for what you receive.
- Nice but very loud!PatrickDined on 10/10/2014I have been here for happy hour, but this was one of the first visits with a date. Although the restaurant itself is quite nice, I would not recommend it if having a conversation is one of the things you wish to do as part of your dinner experience. There was a reasonably large group of women at the center of the dining room area, and my date called it the "alpha female effect", namely having one person try to shout or scream louder than the others to see who "wins". Although the server was nice, it was not overly attentive. For example, it took over 5 minutes once served to get her attention for ground pepper.Special Features:
- Always OutstandingLuciaFanVIPDined on 10/7/2014We are regulars at Lucias and always come away happy and satisfied with the food and the service.Special Features:
- Strip Mall GemAMGPHDVIPDined on 9/26/2014Not many place last a yr, let along 2 decades and keep it new and fresh! The Signature dish is their best. However everything is better than most, however not as good NY NY!Special Features:
- Gluten free pasta dryGoomaDined on 9/10/2014There were only two of us and my husband has to eat gluten free. The menu offered a gluten free pasta which was penne and arrived at table fairly hard and dry. They tried to cover it with cheese but the taste was not good and my husband ate the meatballs (which were great) and left the rest. We love this place and will come again eating a salad.Special Features:
- Ok, but is that enough?Eye12danceDined on 9/9/2014It was very disconcerting to see 3 of the staff standing around joking with each other while my date and I waited patiently within 10 feet of them to place a drink order. Did not create a very good first impression, which unfortunately made us vigilant about bad service for the rest of the meal. The food was good, but not extraordinary considering the plethora of dining places around Kirkland.Special Features:
- Unexpected pleasuredidiDined on 8/22/2014Dined here based on Tripadvisor. It is in a mall but don't let that stop you from dining here. Upscale but casual. Service was excellent. Portions were more than adequate. Salmon, house speciality spaghetti, cannelloni and chicken parmesan are all recommended dishes. Dessert servings are huge, definitely share a dessert. Good, reasonably priced wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive PastaOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 8/20/2014While I liked the "character of this restaurant" Spaghetti and meatballs for $19 is pretty pricey.
- Good spotSBellDined on 8/16/2014We enjoyed the atmosphere and food, however the service needs improvement. One of us ordered a second beer and it came at the same time as the check. The wine I ordered was "out of stock" which I was informed 20 minutes after ordering it. That said, the food was good and we will go again as we like to support our local restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun evening outSteveDined on 8/8/2014My wife and I were visiting Seattle and stayed in Kirkland at The Heathman Hotel (great too). We had drinks at Lucia after a fun day of wine tasting on Thursday, and had great drinks and met the great staff there. We were compelled to make a reservation for dinner for Friday evening. We had a great time, the food was fantastic and more really good drinks. Stop in and give them a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Italian RestaurantSuzieDined on 7/23/2014Lucia's is always consistent--great food and service! I love the ambiance and intimacy. They change their menu regularly and always have a diverse variety and gluten-free friendly too. Their bread is fantastico!Special Features:
- Yummy neighborhood treatCinderellaskiDined on 7/22/2014Great neighborhood find. Consistent food and always great service. They were trying out a new payment system. Had trouble. Made me worry a bit about what was being charged to my credit card. But, would not stop me from going back... again, and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- menu or chef needs to be correctedGG2014VIPDined on 7/13/2014We usually have a great experience and the food is always delish. My 3 dinner partners all had their usual and they enjoyed it. I wanted to try something new though wanted a lighter pasta so went with Shrimp Scampi. This is how it reads on the menu: Shrimp Scampi, White wine garlic sauce, fresh tomatoes, capers, fetuccini pasta. It sounds lovely! Our meals arrived and after a few bites I am thinking this is NOT what I wanted...mine had a thick heavy cream sauce. Did it say anywhere on the menu there is added cream? And another 800 calories? Dairy? NO. I know I should have said something but I was not going to hold up the rest of my party. This is a great restaurant and someone should know better.
- We keep returning to LuciaDuckieDebVIPDined on 7/11/2014When we are hungry for Italian food or a great drink, we head to Lucia in Kirkland. Shane runs the bar and makes the best dirty vodka martinis! They always come loaded with olives and little shards of ice crystals on the surface. We also like the wine menu - especially on Tue half-price wine night! The food is always delicious - the challenge is making a choice! On this last visit we took a half hour to decide - perhaps distracted a bit by our martinis. We have our standard favorites: Caesar salad, spaghetti Carbonara, spaghetti with truffled meatballs, gnocchi & short ribs, so many we love. On our last visit we decided to try something new and ordered the sausage mushroom pizza with truffle oil - and we were ecstatic! Lucia's is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DecorkirklanderDined on 7/5/2014Decor leaves alot to be desired. Cold and noisy. Same old movies on big screen. Menu doesn't change.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerHallieDined on 6/27/2014The appetizer and entree were good. They split our entree into two bowls and it was presented well. A half portion is the perfect size.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 570 reviews are from the Lucia reviews archive.
- Great evening for four of usBruCrewDined on 6/26/2014We had a delicious meal and the ambiance was a perfect balance of romantic with great energy. We all loved our meals and our evening too!Special Features:
- Fun atmosphere and good foodLeslieVIPDined on 6/21/2014From the moment we sat down we felt welcome. Don't know why the mixed reviews. We brought our own wine and our server was excited to try it since it wasn't on their list. Our server highly recommended the signature spaghetti so we shared it for our starter. I had the pork tenderloin with risotto and it was delicious. My husband had the gnocchi with short ribs and it was good but not as good as mine. They bought us a dessert of our choice for our anniversary. We will be back. Many good looking salads and entrée choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First ImpressionsgrangemanDined on 6/20/2014This was my first time to Lucia. I chose this restaurant because it "didn't" have an overpriced menu. To my delight, the food was amazing starting from the restaurant complimentary bread. We had the Fig/Olive Tapenade on crostini which was pared well with feta or some cheese, followed by a black truffle pasta with meatballs which was very good and the portion was sized enough to share.Special Features:
- Poor service does not deserve 18%SaeedReneeDined on 6/15/2014I took my dad and the rest of the family there for Father's day. It was 6 of us. There is mandatory 18% gratuity for parties of 6 or over. The male server was not friendly, was in a rush to set the plate down and walk away, was not around to be flagged down, and did not follow up after food was served for quiet some time. at the end he processes the credit card, and automatically added 18% - which he did not deserve at all - without mentioning that it has been added. I almost tipped him again handsomely- which I always do. But then noticed the 18%. It's as if since he knew he would be adding the tip, he did not have to work for it. It's not right.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2014Service slow. Very noisy. Food average. Not a place I would frequent.
- Loud child seat 2 feet awayMammaMiaVIPDined on 6/14/2014We have enjoyed Lucia many times before. We know it is best to make reservations for dinner and request a table with seats not their uncomfortable benches. We always enjoy splitting the Poached Pear Salad, delicious. The Chicken Saltimbocca and the Salmon dishes didn't let us down. HOWERVER being seated only 2 feet directly behind a squealing child around age 6 destoryed any ambience. This over zealous child was so lound we couldn't hear each other from across our table. Should we have made a complaint...really when it was very oviouse? Could not wait to finish and leave. My head was pounding. The service food wise was good. However the seating is too cramped.
- Special occasion at LuciaPastryDined on 6/10/2014Everything was amazing, I loved the food so much! I am a pastry cook at an upscale resturant, so I was pleased that this place took so much care in their food and plating. It was my birthday, and the hostess made sure I got a candle with my special birthday cocktail (suggested and tailored to my taste by her) as well as with my dessert! Everyone was kind and attentive, even the food runner! We had a long leisurely dinner and I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always accomodating. Great again.petercVIPDined on 6/6/2014We were in need of a quick dinner since we were going to an event at the Kirkland performance center later that evening. When we explained our situation, the hostess was quick to seat us and had our waiter there in good time. We asked if what we wanted was on the quicker side of preparation, and it was, so we procedded throgh the meal. As always, the food was real good. Surprisingly, for the number of tiemes we have been there, I never had the Lucia’s Signature Spaghetti - Lucia’s Signature Truffle Spaghetti & Meatballs: White truffle oil fondue, shaved black truffles homemade meatballs covered in a pink sauce. It was excellent. And a little thing, but I love their bread and dipping sauce.Special Features:
- Mixed resultsStaceyDined on 6/5/2014Loved the kids menu tho a bit pricey. I liked my shrimp scampi but my husband who ordered the clam pasta dish had most of his clams missing - empty clams. Disappointed. Ambience is nice but we can tell that the chairs are old and with low quality. Service was nice too but not very inviting.Special Features:
- Consistently good food. Service :-(KenPDined on 6/4/2014I live near Lucia and go there often, easily recommending it as a spot with a good vibe, great food and reasonable prices. Lucia always delivers that and I'm happy to have such good food close by. However, service can be very sketchy at times. It seems their wait staff is under-manned and you can wait a long time between visits; I usually resort to flagging down my waiter. I would have ordered another drink if my waiter visited us more often. And we had to ask our waiter three times before she finally brought something we needed from the kitchen, and it really ruined the pace of our meal. Seems that this waiter was new and needed more training and focus (and fewer tables to wait on!).Special Features:
- One of our Favorites!LuciaFanVIPDined on 6/4/2014Love the food, service and neighborhood convenience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodKathiKatDined on 6/1/2014Cannelloni is back to being great. Last visit it had changed and not as good. Prices for Coffee and Side Salads are still a little higher then they really need to be.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/30/2014I would return just to have the sea bass salad. Delectable! Quick service, but didn't feel rushed. Friendly hostess and helpful wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SalmonDaisyDuck39Dined on 5/23/2014My husband's salmon was not good. It was very strong tasting. It was the special of the night. My pasta dish was excellent. Also, do you only serve Bacardi 151 for your rum? I was surprised when the bill came and it specified 151. The server said it was the only kind of rum that was served. If this is the case, it would be worth mentioning when someone orders a rum drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmbianceFoodfunVIPDined on 5/23/2014The food was good, service very good. Ambiance is terrible! The tables are so close together and building acoustics poor. We were seated by a large table, approximately 6 inches between our table and the seats of other table. Servers couldn't easily get to our table to bring the food. It was so loud I couldn't even have a conversation with my husband seated right across from me. I would've rated the food very good but I just want to hurry up and eat and get out of there. Hard to enjoy the food and rate it when atmosphere is very unpleasant.Special Features:
- Lucia's Does it Again!Marc191VIPDined on 5/11/2014You really can't do better than Lucia's for consistency: Once again the service was prompt, the food was spot on, & the experience was highly satisfying.Special Features:
- Mothers Day 2 years in a rowback4moreDined on 5/11/2014For the last two years I have brought my daughters to Lucia for brunch. I was running late so I called and you held my table for an extra 15 minutes. I really thought the waitress was great. She was attentive but not hovering. The restaurant had the right amount of room at the tables and there was enough room to move without running into someone or feeling you had to squeeze between tables and chairs. We didn't have to yell to hear each other but we didn't have to whisper either. The food was excellent. I love the baked pancakes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousBrickroadDined on 4/26/2014A popular Saturday night venue and no wonder. The food was delectable. We enjoyed the spaghetti and meatballs and the gnocchi with boneless ribs. Best tasting spaghetti!! Lovely wine to accompany our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining Out for LifeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/24/2014We went for a specific cause. I have a current health issue that makes eating out a challenge and they were very gracious in making something I could eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressed with Easter brunch!VeroniqueDined on 4/20/2014Went with my family for Easter brunch. The scramble eggs were dry and tasteless. The potatoes were under cooked. 3 pieces of bacon. All that for a steep price. Bottomless mimosas was so advertised, but in fact you pay the price for 2 mimosas $16, to get "bottomless"- really how many ladies will drink more than 2 at lunch?! Very disappointed!! No wonder why the restaurant was half empty for Easter brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Easter BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/20/2014We had a wonderful time at Lucia's Easter Brunch. Bottomless mimosas, the Easter Bunny, and wonderful food.Special Features:
- OK to shareCJeanDined on 4/13/2014The food was good and we were able to take advantage of the restaurant week promotion. The server mentioned that it was ok to share the three course meal which was what we wanted to do. We did order a second salad making the quantity of food just right for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Experience - again!425FoodieDined on 4/11/2014Every dining experience at Lucia is superb. Lucia has a classy yet comfortable vibe that feels hip and fun while romantic and orivate. The service was excellent, our server was friendly and attentive, but never disrupting or delaying your meal. Portions are well sized and the flavors rich, everything we have tried has been delicious. Good wine variety that is reasonably priced - this is a very high quality food experience for a moderate price. I Highly recommend any of their ravioli, chicken canneloni, their pomodoro sauce, marsala, and the pork or veal with the risotto. For dessert, the chocolate decadence with salted caramel gelato is absolutely to die for! This may be my favorite date night restaurant in Kirkland!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hearty portions, quick serviceRittertonDined on 3/29/2014This neighborhood restaurant is a great gem. Servings were great - food was great. You get your money's worth and then some with this one. Service was quick and simple. Really a nice place to grab a quick bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.