415 Hanover Street
Boston, MA 02113Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.luciaboston.com/
- Phone: 6173672353
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Donato Frattaroli
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout
- Catering: Any Foods for pick up or drop off
- Private Party Facilities: Two dining rooms that can accomodate up to 70 people each, for any type of event.
For parties greater than 8 people, please contact the restaurant for details.
- Private Party Contact: Donato Frattaroli 6173672353
A word from Lucia Ristorante
Lucia Ristorante offers traditional regional cuisine from the Abruzzo Region of Italy, in the most unique atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Lucia Ristorante - Best Restaurants in North End ›
Lucia Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
112 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (61)good for groups (35)fit for foodies (33)special occasion (32)romantic (31)notable wine list (18)kid-friendly (13)great for lunch (11)hot spot (9)late-night find (7)scenic view (5)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Great FoodRuthanne17Dined on 9/27/2014Had a very nice dinner last saturday night - the North End was swarming with people, and the restaurant was packed - glad we had a reservation - the wait was a one hour min.! The food was great, the staff professional and well run - the only draw back for us was due to the nature of saturday night and large groups of families, it was quite loud. That said, I'd go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LevinesLevinesDined on 9/27/2014Our reservation was honored promptly, and our food was sent to our table in a very reasonable amount of time. The waiter kept checking on us to make sure we were satisfied. There were so many choices. One of us had chicken, one fish, and two of us had different veal dishes. The food was exceptionally good. We celebrated 2 birthdays and had molten cake and tiramisu for dessert. Everything was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a fun time!foodaddictDined on 9/20/2014we arrived a little early. had a drink and our table was ready-right on time! they gave us a great space by the window, which was lovely! the service was good, and the food excellent. very friendly warm place, I would recommend it. there are 3 levels, if you have trouble with stairs. i would ask for the first level, the stairs are narrow & a little difficult to manage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowzaFoodie1Dined on 9/14/2014This place came highly recommended by friends who have visited before! Our first time to Boston and were so excited to try Lucia! What an adorable setting. The staff was so friendly and helpful with the menu! When our food came it was a flavor explosion to our taste buds. Best Italian food in a very long time. Thank you for delicious food and wonderful memories!! We will be back next time we come to Boston!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SramzzDined on 9/13/2014My wife and I had our first date at Lucia on October 1st, 2088. We've been there many times since. This particular occasion was to celebrate our 24th wedding anniversary. The good is always very good, and the atmosphere is great. The original recommendation , years ago, came from a family friend who lived in the North End. I highly recommend Lucia Ristorante!! ScottSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!RigsVIPDined on 9/12/2014It pays off to walk down Hanover Street! My wife and I had a wonderful meal and will be heading back the next time in Boston. We split the antipasto; plenty for two and plenty of delicious meats. My wife had the veal/eggplant parmigiana which was very tasty and moist. She loved the sauce or should I say Sunday gravy! I had the Ammazzafame - penne sautéed w/ porcini mushrooms, sliced sausages, broccoli, sun dried tomatoes & capers. This was a great meal and left me quite full. Not the biggest wine list, but we enjoyed a reasonably price Super Tuscan. We went home very happy!Special Features:
- OkJannieVIPDined on 9/12/2014Not really special Good location but not the same energy as the other spots on the north rndSpecial Features:
- OK, Not GreatOrdinaryDined on 9/7/2014Came here because of reviews, some good some bad. This restaurant is ok, nothing special. Service was ok, server did not help much. Food was ok, nothing that stood out. Bread, that we had to ask for, was not much better than store brought. Plain french white loaf. No olive oil with bread, gave us vinegar and oil for salads to make our own. Menu was ranging but between my wife and I, our dinners where very ordinary. I am sure there are better options in this part of Boston. Going back to N. End to find some real Italian food.Special Features:
- SC55SC55Dined on 9/7/2014I've never had a mediocre meal here, and I've eaten here several times over past few years while vacationing in Boston. A native Bostonian suggested Lucias to me, and was great find. I just visited with 4 friends, and they were impressed with this restaurant. I'll be back next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- other reviews somewhat emnellishedng12345Dined on 9/6/2014The atmosphere and ambiance are nice and the waitstaff are very friendly. The portions are humongous - not sure how anyone can finish the entire entree. However, all the food seemed very oily. Additionally, the bread was not freshly baked, nor was there olive oil. Overall, it seemed like an average experience in comparison to what else north end has to offerSpecial Features:
- Great find in the North EndJackieg303VIPDined on 9/5/2014From the moment we walked in, we were greeted warmly and it kept up through a great meal. We started with a wonderful beet salad and had two different chicken dishes. Great tasty gravies on the chicken and tried a delicious spicy arrabiatta on the side of pasta.Special Features:
- Delicious Dinner with RoommatesDanielaDined on 9/5/2014The food and wine was delicious. We had the bruschetta, the prosciutto and veggie with cheese app. We shared the pesto gnocchi and the chicken with prosciutto, cheese on a wine sauce. everything was amazing and it was fun to share everything with my 2 roommates. definitely recommend this cute little neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was great!HayyjackievDined on 9/1/2014House salad and shrimp scampi dish were absolutely amazing! Definitely my favorite restaurant in the North End.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian at Lucia Ristorante!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014This is a great place with great food and ambiance. Go there if you enjoy the North End without all of the crowds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Piero & food were spectacularSenatorSquirrelVIPDined on 8/30/2014While we had to wait a moment beyond our reservation, this bustling North End hotspot was worth it. Piero was charming, efficient and funny. My veal was huge and delicious. My girlfriend had the lasagna and it was savory and satisfying. She loved it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!SuburbanLadyDined on 8/30/2014It was extremely busy but we were seated right away- the waitstaff was very anxious to please and very accommodating in spite of the busyness. The food was excellent with generous portions. This restaurant was recommended by my brother and it did not disappoint- plus the waitress was very entertained! I will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VMMMDined on 8/30/2014We've been to Lucia many times and it is consistently good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicioso!CheriVIPDined on 8/30/2014The food and service was phenomenal. We all tried 3 different veal dishes and everyone was more than satisfied. We can't wait to visit again!Special Features:
- Not a repeat restaurant for usBillandLisaDined on 8/30/2014I ordered an absolut collins and somehow that got interpreted to a cape codder? Since I like cape codders, no big deal. I also asked for linguine verse penne pasta, but I received the penne, again no big deal. The sauce for the penne was awful; and was surprised since this is the North End. The Shrimp Scampi appetizer and the Veal Saltimbocca made up for the poor sauce, as well as the Pollo Del Saggittario. Finally, one of us had already decided what they wanted from the Open Table menu, which indicated it had been last checked four days prior to our reservation, but the item was not on the restaurant menu. We mentioned this to our server, and he informed us that particular dish hadn't been on the menu for over three months.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boston North End GemTerryEDined on 8/29/2014Lucia is a long held family gem in the heart of Boston's North End. It's an Italian village, with narrow streets strung with lights at night, crowds of people ambling by on the sidewalks, and friendly laughs and calls between people who know each other from the neighborhood. With valet parking ($20) you can feel safe with the burly guys who wisk your car away, and then return it when you're ready to go after a fabulous Tuscan meal. The service staff are friendly and upbeat; happy to help you find just the right dish from a menu of traditional Tuscan country foods. The wine list is varied but limited, suitable to a small restaurant, featuring full bodied reds including "super Tuscans," that complement the entrees perfectly. $30 entrees.Special Features:
- Disappointing North End foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014The reservation worked out great - it was a busy night in the North End and we walked right in to a table. The shrimp scampi appetizer was delicious but our dinners were mediocre and overpriced. My daughter ordered the pasta with mussels and ended up with clams instead. The fettuccini alfredo was average and the eggplant/pasta dish was poor. So disappointing! I've never had a bad meal in the North End!
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014We booked at the last minute and were pleasantly surprised to score a great table. Food and service were great, reasonably priced for Boston. The only aspect we would change was the level of air conditioning that evening. However, once mentioned, the temperature problem was addressed. Overall, a great experience.Special Features:
- North End gemScottVIPDined on 8/11/2014One of our favorites in the North End. A bit further up Hanover St from the better-known places, so doesn't attract the same crowds. Have always been able to get a reservation here on a weeknight and usually on the weekend as well. Food is excellent and prices are reasonable.Special Features:
- Hit The SpotCherylDined on 8/11/2014We each ordered off the nights specials list. The service was friendly and timely. We were given time to chat and enjoy our appetizers and dinner never felt rushed yet very well attended to. The food was incredible and the wine recommendation was perfect. Would highly recommend this place and make a reservation to get the great window table.Special Features:
- STOP and go in and eat...meandhimDined on 8/9/2014Have been here a number of times and never disappoints. Very comfortable with an energetic lively feel. Make sure you make reservations or you will be waiting for a table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian mealArgos14Dined on 8/9/2014Enjoyed this restaurant very much! Chicken parm was fantastic as was my starter pasta fagioli soup. Service was good if not too quick. Wine list is average. Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014Pleasantly surprised. Had reservations and was seated on time. Wait staff was excellent. Food was great. Nice comfortable table will definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special requestskinnybisquitDined on 8/9/2014I had a special request for Chicken Francese that I love and was not on the menu. It was so delicious and the lemon sauce great!Special Features:
- not first choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/6/2014made reservation for 6 a week ahead, when arrived table was ready (a plus) however we were escorted to the basement bar where ambiance is non existent. hostess stopped midway through escorting our party to ask the bartender if he could wait our table. Just got worse he is clearly a bartender only not a waiter! He did not know specials or menu . When I asked about a fish dish he neglected to tell me that it was deep fried (pretty important fact I think) when it arrived I asked for something else but it took 3 people to make that happen. No one was friendly or gracious upstairs looked like a fun place if your lucky enough to end up there. I paid a hefty check for 6 adults was expecting a fun North end experience felt more like Olive Garden
- ExcellentNC123VIPDined on 8/6/2014We love Lucia. The service is spectacular (we had Cosamina for our server) and the food is outstanding. The best place in the North End, hands down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hoping for more.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/2/2014I went to this restaurant with my spouse and in-laws. We were quickly greeted and seated by very personable hostesses. Unfortunately, the service went downhill from there. Particular grievances include: bringing the entrees without clearing the table first such that there was a serious shuffle of places to fit everything, not clearing the drink glasses from pre-dinner cocktails, miscommunication about dishes ordered with dishes not ordered being brought to the table and then returned to the kitchen. The food was hit-or-miss for our table; I loved my penne and eggplant; other dishes were less well received. Mid-way through the meal terrible music started playing, which added to an already loud space. Overall, average meal, anticipated more.
- Love Lucia!!!!!PaolatinaDined on 7/27/2014As always amazing food and great service. But this time it was way too noise :(Special Features:
- Wow what a dinner!BigPappiDined on 7/20/2014Five of us dinned there on a busy Sunday night. (Hint: Make reservations). Service was top notch, they did not miss a beat. Wine list was well rounded, not too much, not too little. Food....well can I say out of this world? Some of the best Italian food I have had in years. Would highly recommmend this place for visitors (like myself) or locals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindGoodFoodieVIPDined on 7/19/2014Excellent food. Great North End experience. Would definitely go back. Glad we had an Open Table reservation! The person ahead of us was told that there was a 1-hour wait. With our reservation, we were seated immediately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014Open table was quicker than waiting list, right in the middle of the North End - fantastic atmosphere, great food, quick serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in the northendMaryLouDined on 7/19/2014Service was very good we were seated where I had requested and although very busy they took time to accommodate us. We had reservations for 4 everyone was very happy with their entrees and the sangria was very good. Great spot on Hanover st.Special Features:
- Excellent food, great atmosphereSecondwinder64Dined on 7/18/2014The food was excellent. They were able to accommodate our request for a table by the window, which was a large open window to the street. This added to the atmosphere, and the night air was wonderful. We were across from the Paul Revere Mall, so at that time of night there was not as much foot traffic. The wines were excellent and reasonably priced. The noise level is a bit high, bit every restaurant on which I have dined in the north end has the same issue so this restaurant was about the same. We had 7 in our party, including a 5 year old, and everyone loved their food.Special Features:
- Good food, great service, very loudOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2014Had reservations and were seated right away. The service was very prompt and the food was tasty. We were seated upstairs where it was very loud due to poor acoustics. It was hard to carry on conversation due to the noise level.
- Excellent dinnerMarlarachelDined on 7/12/2014Dinner on Saturday was excellent and our waitress was super. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!GardenweaselVIPDined on 7/5/2014This was our 2nd visit. They saved us a terrific window table per our request. Their house salad dressing is so good I actually opted for a salad over all their other tempting app choices. The penne ala Norma with a side of terrific tender, porky meatballs in marinara hit the spot. The only drawback is the noise level, so just keep that in mind if you are looking for a quiet, romantic experience. We will def return when back in the North End!Special Features: