415 Hanover Street
Boston, MA 02113Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.luciaboston.com/
- Phone: 6173672353
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Donato Frattaroli
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout
- Catering: Any Foods for pick up or drop off
- Private Party Facilities: Two dining rooms that can accomodate up to 70 people each, for any type of event.
For parties greater than 8 people, please contact the restaurant for details.
- Private Party Contact: Donato Frattaroli 6173672353
A word from Lucia Ristorante
Lucia Ristorante offers traditional regional cuisine from the Abruzzo Region of Italy, in the most unique atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lucia Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (50)good for groups (39)special occasion (28)romantic (23)fit for foodies (21)notable wine list (16)kid-friendly (12)great for lunch (11)late-night find (6)scenic view (3)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Disappointing North End foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014The reservation worked out great - it was a busy night in the North End and we walked right in to a table. The shrimp scampi appetizer was delicious but our dinners were mediocre and overpriced. My daughter ordered the pasta with mussels and ended up with clams instead. The fettuccini alfredo was average and the eggplant/pasta dish was poor. So disappointing! I've never had a bad meal in the North End!
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014We booked at the last minute and were pleasantly surprised to score a great table. Food and service were great, reasonably priced for Boston. The only aspect we would change was the level of air conditioning that evening. However, once mentioned, the temperature problem was addressed. Overall, a great experience.Special Features:
- North End gemScottVIPDined on 8/11/2014One of our favorites in the North End. A bit further up Hanover St from the better-known places, so doesn't attract the same crowds. Have always been able to get a reservation here on a weeknight and usually on the weekend as well. Food is excellent and prices are reasonable.Special Features:
- Hit The SpotCherylDined on 8/11/2014We each ordered off the nights specials list. The service was friendly and timely. We were given time to chat and enjoy our appetizers and dinner never felt rushed yet very well attended to. The food was incredible and the wine recommendation was perfect. Would highly recommend this place and make a reservation to get the great window table.Special Features:
- STOP and go in and eat...meandhimDined on 8/9/2014Have been here a number of times and never disappoints. Very comfortable with an energetic lively feel. Make sure you make reservations or you will be waiting for a table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian mealArgos14Dined on 8/9/2014Enjoyed this restaurant very much! Chicken parm was fantastic as was my starter pasta fagioli soup. Service was good if not too quick. Wine list is average. Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014Pleasantly surprised. Had reservations and was seated on time. Wait staff was excellent. Food was great. Nice comfortable table will definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special requestskinnybisquitDined on 8/9/2014I had a special request for Chicken Francese that I love and was not on the menu. It was so delicious and the lemon sauce great!Special Features:
- not first choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/6/2014made reservation for 6 a week ahead, when arrived table was ready (a plus) however we were escorted to the basement bar where ambiance is non existent. hostess stopped midway through escorting our party to ask the bartender if he could wait our table. Just got worse he is clearly a bartender only not a waiter! He did not know specials or menu . When I asked about a fish dish he neglected to tell me that it was deep fried (pretty important fact I think) when it arrived I asked for something else but it took 3 people to make that happen. No one was friendly or gracious upstairs looked like a fun place if your lucky enough to end up there. I paid a hefty check for 6 adults was expecting a fun North end experience felt more like Olive Garden
- ExcellentNC123VIPDined on 8/6/2014We love Lucia. The service is spectacular (we had Cosamina for our server) and the food is outstanding. The best place in the North End, hands down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hoping for more.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/2/2014I went to this restaurant with my spouse and in-laws. We were quickly greeted and seated by very personable hostesses. Unfortunately, the service went downhill from there. Particular grievances include: bringing the entrees without clearing the table first such that there was a serious shuffle of places to fit everything, not clearing the drink glasses from pre-dinner cocktails, miscommunication about dishes ordered with dishes not ordered being brought to the table and then returned to the kitchen. The food was hit-or-miss for our table; I loved my penne and eggplant; other dishes were less well received. Mid-way through the meal terrible music started playing, which added to an already loud space. Overall, average meal, anticipated more.
- Love Lucia!!!!!PaolatinaDined on 7/27/2014As always amazing food and great service. But this time it was way too noise :(Special Features:
- Wow what a dinner!BigPappiDined on 7/20/2014Five of us dinned there on a busy Sunday night. (Hint: Make reservations). Service was top notch, they did not miss a beat. Wine list was well rounded, not too much, not too little. Food....well can I say out of this world? Some of the best Italian food I have had in years. Would highly recommmend this place for visitors (like myself) or locals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindGoodFoodieVIPDined on 7/19/2014Excellent food. Great North End experience. Would definitely go back. Glad we had an Open Table reservation! The person ahead of us was told that there was a 1-hour wait. With our reservation, we were seated immediately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014Open table was quicker than waiting list, right in the middle of the North End - fantastic atmosphere, great food, quick serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in the northendMaryLouDined on 7/19/2014Service was very good we were seated where I had requested and although very busy they took time to accommodate us. We had reservations for 4 everyone was very happy with their entrees and the sangria was very good. Great spot on Hanover st.Special Features:
- Excellent food, great atmosphereSecondwinder64Dined on 7/18/2014The food was excellent. They were able to accommodate our request for a table by the window, which was a large open window to the street. This added to the atmosphere, and the night air was wonderful. We were across from the Paul Revere Mall, so at that time of night there was not as much foot traffic. The wines were excellent and reasonably priced. The noise level is a bit high, bit every restaurant on which I have dined in the north end has the same issue so this restaurant was about the same. We had 7 in our party, including a 5 year old, and everyone loved their food.Special Features:
- Good food, great service, very loudOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2014Had reservations and were seated right away. The service was very prompt and the food was tasty. We were seated upstairs where it was very loud due to poor acoustics. It was hard to carry on conversation due to the noise level.
- Excellent dinnerMarlarachelDined on 7/12/2014Dinner on Saturday was excellent and our waitress was super. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!GardenweaselVIPDined on 7/5/2014This was our 2nd visit. They saved us a terrific window table per our request. Their house salad dressing is so good I actually opted for a salad over all their other tempting app choices. The penne ala Norma with a side of terrific tender, porky meatballs in marinara hit the spot. The only drawback is the noise level, so just keep that in mind if you are looking for a quiet, romantic experience. We will def return when back in the North End!Special Features:
- North EndPammyDined on 7/4/2014The service was exceptional, except that they were unable to make my husband's drink as they ran out of the needed ingredients. The lasagna was the best I have tasted. The decor was nice with a vibrant, fun atmosphere. Hard to beat a location across the street from the historic Old North Church.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A simple dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/2/2014Food is good but not exceptional. Compare to other restaurant in north end it was probably a bit cheaper. Great service!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!jvw912Dined on 6/27/2014We had a wonderful time. We had pasta dishes and they were all delicious. The only downfall was that the restaurant got very loud after about 10 minutes into our dinner and we had trouble hearing one another talk.
- Just AverageAVerayBDined on 6/16/2014We ordered Chicken Marsala and Clams and Linguine. The meals weren't as flavorful as other Italian restaurants I have been to. The staff was nice and friendly.Special Features:
- Great evening with friendsFriendlyDined on 6/14/2014We have eaten at Lucia previously on several occasions, and were happy to return when friends agreed to share an evening with us. Everything was wonderful ... but a special praise goes to the mussels with gluten-free penne one of us ordered: the gluten-free pasta was cooked perfectly [not an easy feat] and the mussels were judged superb by our friend who, having grown up on the Coast of Maine, 'knows her mussels.' We have eaten at several good and enjoyable restaurants in the North End, but Cafe Lucia is clearly our favorite.Special Features:
- Graduation celebrationTchaDined on 6/5/2014We were at Lucia for a celebration with 9 people. They were ready for us at our reservation time. The wine, sangria and food were great. The room was noisy but we've noticed that just about every restaurant in the North End is loud too. Our service was OK, not exceptional.Special Features:
- good food, but noisymememeDined on 5/31/2014We were seated upstairs at a cramped table. We had to shout across to each other to be heard over the din. It was graduation weekend in Boston, and super busy, which may not always be the case. The food and wine was good, but I longed for some quieter times.Special Features:
- Loved this place!NormaDined on 5/25/2014We went to this restaurant with a group of 7 including 3 guests from out of town. Reservation was based on good reviews from yelp, urbanspoon and other sites. Food was delicious, and all 7 of us including 3 teenagers and 4 adults all enjoyed our meal. Service was great, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner2saturnDined on 5/18/2014We were a group of 7 ranging from 12 to 72 yrs old, and everyone enjoyed their meals. Service was excellent, our server was chatty, friendly, and knowledgable. When we asked to add grilled chicken to the pesto linguine, she made a point to tell us that everything was made to order and the kitchen was fine with changes or even off-menu. We had 5:00 reservations, seated within 10 minutes, and were walking out the door at 6:45 (our choice, we weren't rushed out). Definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodFoodieDined on 5/17/2014I went to Lucia with a group of 6. We had a reservation on a Saturday night and was seated promptly. The food was excellent, all of our plates were cleaned off! However, if you are looking for a more intimate setting I would not chose this place as it is extremely loud. It was hard to hear everyone at my table, we had to shout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceBCgradfamilyDined on 5/17/2014Lucia's provided both for our group of six. The restaurant was busy, graduation week in Boston, but the hostess, waitress and support staff were professional and attentive. The food and wine were just as we expected - top shelf! We will come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reunion dinnersoup2nutsdinerDined on 5/17/2014We had early reservations, and thankfully we did! It was a graduation weekend and the whole North End was jam packed. As soon as our party was there we were seated and waited on quickly for drinks and she did apologize for how busy it was. The dishes came and were all done well. The veal was tasty and one member had the lasagna and was pleased. The noise was at a level that matched the crowd. I believe they did a very nice job given the crowd. Would certainly be a repeat customer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always greatJeffDined on 5/16/2014i have never had a bad dinner here and i will continue to keep coming backSpecial Features:
- Wouldn't ReturnJaclynDined on 5/11/2014I wouldn't go back here again, the food was below par because it was cold, lacking flavor and the gnocchi was hard in the middle. Not to mention, the seafood pasta we ordered was heavy on the noodles, light on the seafood and low in spice. The service was probably some of the weakest I've encountered in the North End. The waiter wasn't attentive, didn't bring us water, extra place setting for our 3rd guest, our food came out at very different times and he didn't know the menu! I asked him a few questions about my dish and he had no clue what some of the ingredients were or what I was referring to and asked to check my menu. To be honest, the north end has some of the best Italian dining in Boston and I wouldn't waste your time or mine here.
- Great Food, Loud AtmospherekatieinnbptDined on 5/10/2014The food was excellent, however we were a couple seated at a 6 person table in a very loud basement dining room with a large birthday party going on. Not exactly romantic! Still not sure why we were seated there when there were seats upstairs. Service was excellent. Would definitely go back, just ask to be seated upstairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 903 reviews are from the Lucia Ristorante reviews archive.
- Good food, good priceYumm123Dined on 4/26/2014It was a delicious meal and reasonably priced for the north end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy - serve delicious veal disheslauraDined on 4/25/2014Wish the noise level was better controlled, but the food continues to be good - have been going here for years. Veal dishes very good. For first time ever, service was sketchy - brought the wrong dish - but corrected the problem with apologies. For lively scene, request dining at downstairs bar, otherwise, the street level dining room is preferred.I would recommend this to a friend.
- saved usmarathonersDined on 4/20/2014After Mother Annas lost our reservation we had weeks in advance and called to confirm the day of, Lucia worked us in the night before the marathon. Great food and service for a party of 7.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceonerunDined on 4/20/2014It was a very busy weekend with the Boston Marathon but they handled it well. Food was good it was very noisy conversation wasn't possible. Only complaint was they didn't have a whole wheat pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's okdoraemonDined on 4/20/2014When we come to the North End, the objective is the food!! The mussels we had for appetizer were great. But the filets of sole (supposedly dipped in an egg batter) were more like sole and egg omelette and kind of weird. The veal parm with linguini was just ok- Had much better in many other places in the North End.I would recommend this to a friend.