415 Hanover Street
Boston, MA 02113Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.luciaboston.com/
- Phone: 6173672353
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Donato Frattaroli
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout
- Catering: Any Foods for pick up or drop off
- Private Party Facilities: Two dining rooms that can accomodate up to 70 people each, for any type of event.
For parties greater than 8 people, please contact the restaurant for details.
- Private Party Contact: Donato Frattaroli 6173672353
A word from Lucia Ristorante
Lucia Ristorante offers traditional regional cuisine from the Abruzzo Region of Italy, in the most unique atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Lucia Ristorante - Best Restaurants in North End ›
Lucia Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
139 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (72)good for groups (45)fit for foodies (38)romantic (36)special occasion (34)notable wine list (19)kid-friendly (14)hot spot (11)great for lunch (10)late-night find (6)scenic view (5)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Don't bother with Open Table here!!MoreQthanADined on 10/25/2014The evening that we were there this place was *PACKED*. I had booked a long time in advance, as we were visiting Boston for the weekend but, despite this, we had to wait more than 40 minutes for a table and then got crammed onto a tiny table up on the 3rd floor - *not* the table I had requested. It was VERY noisy, so that conversation was borderline impossible and we had to wait a long time for service / drinks / bread. However, the food was very good and well presented and the service - while rushed off their feet - was friendly, helpful and considerate (and the bus-boys were also very funny / cheery). The wine was pretty good and not especially expensive. Good place but I will NOT go back at the weekend! Forget Open Table too USELESS.Special Features:
- Just FairMoeCODined on 10/25/2014Our reservation was for 7 p.m. Due to a lot of traffic, we were going to be a few minutes late arriving. I called to let them know and was told not to hurry as there would be a wait. We were seated at 7:45. Everyone else that had a reservation also waited quite a long time to be seated. I purposely make a reservation so I do not have to wait. The restaurant's website showed the tables all having white tablecloths - only one table had a tablecloth that night. I had the beet salad - it lacked flavor. I had the pasta with pesto. It was acceptable. Overall the dining experience was fair. The fact that we had to wait and no tablecloths as advertised brought down my opinion of the restaurant. I most likely would not recommend this restaurant.
- Late to the table - but will returnOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/25/2014Once our party of six was seated, the service and food was terrific. I just wish that the reservation we made for 7, wasn't delayed until 7:45. The noise in the upstairs dining room made it a challenge to hold a conversation or hear what our waiter was saying about the specials, but it's not a negative reflection on the restaurant; just a fact of life with low ceilings, brick walls, booked tables, in a popular restaurant. I will definitely go back again, but I guess I will have to plan on a delay to whatever my reservation time is if I am back on a weekend. On a nice night outside, it's worth the wait.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014The food was amazing here! Some of the best I have ever had in Boston. Service was alright. It was kind of lacking. Experience was great though. Overall it is a must that you eat here.Special Features:
- Great Date Night!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014The quaint ambiance of the restaurant made it perfect for a romantic night out. The service was excellent! She made sure we were always comfortable and had everything we needed without feeling intrusive or interrupting our conversation. We ordered the Quattro Formaggi and the Pasta Pomodoro and both were very good. I'm exceptionally picky so I was ecstatic to find a dish that I didn't need to modify and was very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!YummmmmDined on 10/24/2014We picked this place because it was the only place in north end that had a reservation open for 7:30 on a Friday. Expensive but the food was INCREDIBLE. I love Italian food so I've had my fare share but I'll definitely be going back here often
- ExcellentluvbostonDined on 10/24/2014This is our 3rd visit to Lucia's. When visiting our daughter in college we always eat in the North end. We've tried many restaurants, but we come back to this one because of the food, service and size of the restaurant (3 floors of dining). I would highly recommend it. I had the fish special and it was remarkable.Special Features:
- Lucia's- North End FaveNorthEndFaveDined on 10/23/2014Love love love this lovely North End restaurant. Preferred over Giacomo's and other North End restaurants. They have home made pastas, a great wine list, lovely ambiance.Special Features:
- My ResidentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014I made this reservation for a resident of mine and he brought his family. They had a great time and the service was amazing. The food was good and he didn't have any bad things to say.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014Make a reservation and avoid the long line (although, the wait is worth it). Food was outstanding. Both my husband and I had 2 of the specials but every plate that went by us looked delicious. Could hear others raving about their food. Service great and staff extremely friendly. Looking forward to going back time and time again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovedluciaDined on 10/18/2014Mike was a great waiter. He was welcoming, friendly and witty. He knew the menu and the food prep for our GF diner. Our party of four sat down stairs. The noise level was moderate and the place was full. It's a lively environment. We had a reservation on a Saturday night and were seated promptly. The line is out the door otherwise.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome foodKleamDined on 10/18/2014The food was so good. I would of given Lucia's 5+ stars because the food and the service were excellent, but it was so loud in there. I understand due to the size and I'm sure every other small restaurant in Hanover street suffers from the same way, it is just that my wife and I went for an anniversary dinner and it was difficult to keep a conversation going with all the noise. Again the food and service were excellent and I would 100% go back again but just not for an intimate dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, great atmosphereski4foodDined on 10/17/2014Veal Marsala was fantastic, so was the veal saltamboca. Waitress was extremely.nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food at Lucia is greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/17/2014And everyone enjoyed their dishes. Service is adequate but nothing special. While it was a busy Friday night, even with a 8:00 reservation, we weren't seated til 8:50. We got a passing "I'm sorry from the hostess but that's about it."
- Disappointing in every waydavidfrombostonVIPDined on 10/17/2014It wasn't the raucous noise, the long wait, or the premium prices that were the real problem. The problem is the food. The dishes are thrown together and lack proper seasoning and preparation.
- Very loud atmosphereDebbieVIPDined on 10/17/2014Good food, but unable to talk as we were in a corner and there was a large party, Noise level beyond acceptable.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Very accommodating when we, at the last minute, added 2 people to our group. Food was good but not outstanding.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group outingDinerDined on 10/16/2014Good food, accommodated group very well. The chicken parm was classic and the pesto dish was perfectSpecial Features:
- great seafood and chicken parmHockeeVIPDined on 10/12/2014We always have an outstanding meal here. The seafood pasta and chicken parm are great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good good just too busyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Food was great, just rubbed me the wrong way having to wait 40 minutes past our reservation. Granted, it was a Saturday night, but they just seemed overwhelmed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousWildcatDined on 10/11/2014The food is delicious and has a great wine list to compliment it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/10/2014Very busy Friday night. Was looking for something a little fancier but the food and service were great. Crowded and noisy. There were seven of us and we were all happy with our food. Our waitress was Maria and she was fabulous. Overall a great night.Special Features:
- Great PlacesandyNYDined on 10/5/2014Second time in Boston and second time eating here at Luccia's..and not disappointed. The staff are friendly from the moment you walk in the food is excellent and not over priced. A little noisy but not terrible. ..I would definitely recommend it! !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as always!MikeDined on 9/30/2014Whenever I'm in Boston I always make sure I have at least 1 meal here. Once again, I wasn't disappointed. The Marco Polo had a huge amount of seafood - sea scallops, shrimp, calamari, mussels, clams and fish - that was all very fresh. The sevice was not as good as usual - I had to ask for bread and wasn't offered fresh grated parmasean for my entree. But the server was prompt and attentive. I'm definitely doing back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodRuthanne17Dined on 9/27/2014Had a very nice dinner last saturday night - the North End was swarming with people, and the restaurant was packed - glad we had a reservation - the wait was a one hour min.! The food was great, the staff professional and well run - the only draw back for us was due to the nature of saturday night and large groups of families, it was quite loud. That said, I'd go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LevinesLevinesDined on 9/27/2014Our reservation was honored promptly, and our food was sent to our table in a very reasonable amount of time. The waiter kept checking on us to make sure we were satisfied. There were so many choices. One of us had chicken, one fish, and two of us had different veal dishes. The food was exceptionally good. We celebrated 2 birthdays and had molten cake and tiramisu for dessert. Everything was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a fun time!foodaddictDined on 9/20/2014we arrived a little early. had a drink and our table was ready-right on time! they gave us a great space by the window, which was lovely! the service was good, and the food excellent. very friendly warm place, I would recommend it. there are 3 levels, if you have trouble with stairs. i would ask for the first level, the stairs are narrow & a little difficult to manage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowzaFoodie1Dined on 9/14/2014This place came highly recommended by friends who have visited before! Our first time to Boston and were so excited to try Lucia! What an adorable setting. The staff was so friendly and helpful with the menu! When our food came it was a flavor explosion to our taste buds. Best Italian food in a very long time. Thank you for delicious food and wonderful memories!! We will be back next time we come to Boston!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SramzzDined on 9/13/2014My wife and I had our first date at Lucia on October 1st, 2088. We've been there many times since. This particular occasion was to celebrate our 24th wedding anniversary. The good is always very good, and the atmosphere is great. The original recommendation , years ago, came from a family friend who lived in the North End. I highly recommend Lucia Ristorante!! ScottSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!RigsVIPDined on 9/12/2014It pays off to walk down Hanover Street! My wife and I had a wonderful meal and will be heading back the next time in Boston. We split the antipasto; plenty for two and plenty of delicious meats. My wife had the veal/eggplant parmigiana which was very tasty and moist. She loved the sauce or should I say Sunday gravy! I had the Ammazzafame - penne sautéed w/ porcini mushrooms, sliced sausages, broccoli, sun dried tomatoes & capers. This was a great meal and left me quite full. Not the biggest wine list, but we enjoyed a reasonably price Super Tuscan. We went home very happy!Special Features:
- OkJannieVIPDined on 9/12/2014Not really special Good location but not the same energy as the other spots on the north rndSpecial Features:
- OK, Not GreatOrdinaryDined on 9/7/2014Came here because of reviews, some good some bad. This restaurant is ok, nothing special. Service was ok, server did not help much. Food was ok, nothing that stood out. Bread, that we had to ask for, was not much better than store brought. Plain french white loaf. No olive oil with bread, gave us vinegar and oil for salads to make our own. Menu was ranging but between my wife and I, our dinners where very ordinary. I am sure there are better options in this part of Boston. Going back to N. End to find some real Italian food.Special Features:
- SC55SC55Dined on 9/7/2014I've never had a mediocre meal here, and I've eaten here several times over past few years while vacationing in Boston. A native Bostonian suggested Lucias to me, and was great find. I just visited with 4 friends, and they were impressed with this restaurant. I'll be back next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- other reviews somewhat emnellishedng12345Dined on 9/6/2014The atmosphere and ambiance are nice and the waitstaff are very friendly. The portions are humongous - not sure how anyone can finish the entire entree. However, all the food seemed very oily. Additionally, the bread was not freshly baked, nor was there olive oil. Overall, it seemed like an average experience in comparison to what else north end has to offerSpecial Features:
- Great find in the North EndJackieg303VIPDined on 9/5/2014From the moment we walked in, we were greeted warmly and it kept up through a great meal. We started with a wonderful beet salad and had two different chicken dishes. Great tasty gravies on the chicken and tried a delicious spicy arrabiatta on the side of pasta.Special Features:
- Delicious Dinner with RoommatesDanielaDined on 9/5/2014The food and wine was delicious. We had the bruschetta, the prosciutto and veggie with cheese app. We shared the pesto gnocchi and the chicken with prosciutto, cheese on a wine sauce. everything was amazing and it was fun to share everything with my 2 roommates. definitely recommend this cute little neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was great!HayyjackievDined on 9/1/2014House salad and shrimp scampi dish were absolutely amazing! Definitely my favorite restaurant in the North End.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian at Lucia Ristorante!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014This is a great place with great food and ambiance. Go there if you enjoy the North End without all of the crowds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Piero & food were spectacularSenatorSquirrelVIPDined on 8/30/2014While we had to wait a moment beyond our reservation, this bustling North End hotspot was worth it. Piero was charming, efficient and funny. My veal was huge and delicious. My girlfriend had the lasagna and it was savory and satisfying. She loved it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!SuburbanLadyDined on 8/30/2014It was extremely busy but we were seated right away- the waitstaff was very anxious to please and very accommodating in spite of the busyness. The food was excellent with generous portions. This restaurant was recommended by my brother and it did not disappoint- plus the waitress was very entertained! I will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.