Lucia of Greenlake
7102 Woodlawn Ave NE
Seattle, WA 98115Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Lucia of Greenlake
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://iheartlucia.com/
- Phone: (206) 258-4523
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Lucia of Greenlake
Lucia, Green Lake's premier Italian restaurant. Modern, warm, romantic dining in an upscale, casual atmosphere. Hip, classy lounge with great late night Happy Hour. Lucia, Kirkland Location, was voted Best Happy Hour by Komo TV and OpenTable Diner's Choice Winner of the past four years, Green Lake Lucia will meet the same dining experience!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lucia of Greenlake reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (28)great for outdoor dining (16)fit for foodies (13)good for groups (10)romantic (9)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (7)special occasion (5)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (4)late-night find (4)notable wine list (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Good food, bad service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014I have been there twice, a Wednesday and Saturday night. Both times it was not very busy at all. There were 4 of us on Saturday night. The waiter screwed up 3 out of 4 food orders and forgot a couple of drink orders. It took a long time to fix the food orders. On Wednesday night with 4 people, (different waiter this time) the waiter forgot 3 drink orders, did not separate the bill correctly (we needed 2 bills), and the validated parking ticket she gave us didn't actually validate our parking when we tried to leave the parking garage. I cannot recommend this restaurant to friends or family.Special Features:
- the food was very good.lovetodineoutDined on 11/14/2014We had the pear and Gorgonzola appetizer and while it was good it would have been great if it were served warm. The person I was with had a prawn salad and I had pasta and both were very good. The service was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucia GreenlakeScotteDined on 11/1/2014Lucia is a good find and addition to Greenlake. Nice decor, menu had many great options for Italian, not sure where he burger fits in? Service was only nock. Only had a few wait staff, could use a few more, but still would go back and recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian foodTexasTransplantDined on 10/27/2014My girlfriend and I went during restaurant week, me being the Italian food lover, her the lactose intolerant person that can't find a good Italian food restaurant. The chef was kind enough to create her dishes without using diary, and still had quite a bit of flavor in them, a big plus in my book. I had the beef tips with gnocchi, the beef was excellently cooked and extremely flavorful, along with extremely well done gnocchi. All in all I think I have found a new Italian restaurant in the Greenlake area.Special Features:
- Still a work in progresslise77Dined on 10/26/2014My Green Lake friend recommended Lucia and came with us for his fifth visit. But even he had to send his parmagiana back because it was cold. My halibut was strange, smothered in bell peppers and sitting in a bowl. The waitress disappeared to be replaced by the bartender who was more than adequate and very friendly.
- Getting Better Each TimeHappyRunnerDined on 10/24/2014I'm opening a business soon in the close proximity to Lucia's and so I've dined there several times since it's opened. Love the look and feel of the restaurant and have wanted to love the food. I have been a bit disappointed in the menu items I've ordered until Friday night. Everything was excellent! Loved the fig and olive bruschetta.Special Features:
- RosemaryDined on 10/23/2014Food was good, not exceptional but good. Very noisy difficult to converse secondary to noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- second visit to LuciaOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2014First visited Lucia in early September & sat outside in the lovely sunshine. All 3 of us enjoyed the great salads & 2 loved the gnocchi & short ribs. One had the chicken cannelloni, and complained that it was "soupy". Second visit was an October evening inside; the lighting & old movie were fine, but voices from other tables really carried; one person had the pork and risotto & was pleased, but pizza with figs & proscuitto & blue cheese would have been better if toppings were uncooked. The crust had dried herbs in it, which distracted from the flavors on the pizza. We hope that Lucia continues to evolve positively because we would really like to see it become the neighborhood "gem" we hope it will be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucia GreenlakeWeatehereVIPDined on 9/29/2014Staff was very friendly and accommodating of our toddler. The loud Prince and Michael Jackson tunes blasting through the space clashed with the classic Hepburn movie playing on the screen and the upscale interiors. Ambience is confused and acoustics are poor. The happy hour menu was great for the price though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent find!FoodmanDined on 9/27/2014Took my wife to Lucia's for her birthday with friends and it was an excellent choice! Great atmosphere, high energy, friendly and the food is exceptional! Service was timely, friendly and patient with us as we took a while to order while enjoying the company and the ambiance. The menu is mouthwatering and you will not be disappointed when the food arrives. This is not just a Greenlake neighborhood gem but a Seattle destination! We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Step in the right directionMJKuwDined on 9/22/2014I have lived in Greenlake for 8 years and been waiting for the restaurant scene to arrive (beyond Rosita's & the B&G) and think Lucia is a step in the right direction. Food and service was great, but fell like they are still trying to figure out the ambiance. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- A nice place in a great location.frankieDined on 9/14/2014The music inside is too loud for conversation. The plastic tables outside are flimsy, though you're in a lovely spot away from the street. Prices, wine list, service, and decor are good. I wish the food were a little better.Special Features:
- Still new - working out kinksamlbDined on 9/13/2014Our group of friends went and this location has only been open for a month and a half. It was very noticeable that they are working out the kinks of this location. We had no server for almost 10 minutes who was still nice and helpful. The food came out after a very long time and my order came out wrong but I didn't bother to say anything as we've been waiting for so long. The ambience was very nice and the restaurant itself is very nice.Special Features:
- Maybe just an off nightLovefoodDined on 9/12/2014Salad was not cold and Crisp and my fish was slightly overdoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous - Needed at GreenlakeVacationerVIPDined on 9/6/2014Lucia is fabulous and a much needed addition to Greenlake! Food was wonderful, flavorful and the service was impeccable. Highly recommend this restaurant! Who doesn't love sitting outside on a nice Seattle summer evening?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit First ReviewTUTZ103VIPDined on 8/22/2014Great food Great Service but very noisy. Our waiter Patrick was wonderful. Very attentive and very knowledgable about the menu. Our friends live in the area and they will return probably quite often. Whenever we are in Seattle we will try and come back and hope that it is not as noisey as it was on Friday night. Outside would have been a better choice and hopefully some heaters will be put out there when the weather changes which it WILL DO sooner rather than later. We all had a great time and really enjoyed our dinner.Special Features:
- OutgainesVIPDined on 8/16/2014Had a nice ( not huge choices. ) menu with some good choices. Halibut was lovely and great claims. Worth a look! We missed it but looked like great happy jour treatsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful new addition to SeattleOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/6/2014So excited for the new Lucia's location in Greenlake! The food is as amazing as ever! I was able to order my same favorites even w/my dietary restrictions, the staff always takes care of my needs. Looking forward to many more patio sessions in this great new location! Don't worry I'll still make the trek east as well for the original spot!Special Features:
- Upscale Dining in GreenlakeMONMONDined on 8/4/2014I've been here twice. I live in the neighborhood and the grill fare and pizza around the lake was getting old. Welcome Lucia's from Kirkland to the West side. With lovely outside tables and beautiful wood and marble tables inside, the ambiance is upscale. The servers have been excellent, although on the second visit a little pushy to get the order taken, when after a walk we wanted to decompress a bit and visit. The portions are plentiful, and both times I took home lunch for the next day. The menu is varied and seasonal. People were dressed in yoga pants or dresses, it's that kind of a place. We really needed something like this in Greenlake. They will validate parking under the building for 1 hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greenlake GemMormorDined on 8/2/2014Great food and service. Really enjoyed the gnocchi and wine-infused short ribs. Looking forward to trying the other menu items. Would have given it five stars had it not been for the loud, fast-tempo music, which would be more appropriate for accompanying vigorous aerobics exercises, but not at all conducive to enjoyable dinner-time conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way too loud, minor hiccupsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/1/2014Lucia is brand new, so I'm willing to cut them some slack. And really, the meal was good. We tried three dishes and all were tasty, hot, and flavorful. I have a couple of issues. 1. The noise. This place is LOUD. We were seated next to the door, which was probably the quietest place in the restaurant, and at 8pm, we were yelling across a small table to hear each other. They need some serious acoustic dampening. We'll eat outside in the future. I could never bring my hard-of-hearing father inside. Ever. 2. A tiny bit more training for the staff. I asked for a spoon with my spaghetti Bolognese. This should not induce raised eyebrows from the server. It's a typical Italian way to eat spaghetti (use the spoon to twirl).Special Features:
- The following 0 reviews are from the Lucia of Greenlake reviews archive.