Luceti's on 25th Avenue
109 West 25th Avenue
San Mateo, CA 94403Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Luceti's on 25th Avenue
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lucetis.com/Home_Page.html
- Phone: (650) 574-1256
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: M-Fr 11:30am-3:00pm Dining Room
Lunch: M-Fr 11:00am-4pm Bar/Dining
Dinner: M-Su 5:00pm-10:00pm Dining Room
Dinner: M-Su 4pm-10:00pm Bar/Dining
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering available.
- Private Party Facilities: Private Room available for parties of 20 or more.
- Private Party Contact: Sandy Navarro 6505741256x
- Entertainment: We have live jazz music Thursday thru Sunday. 6:30pm-9:30pm. There will be no music on the second Thursday of every month.
A word from Luceti's on 25th Avenue
A taste of Tuscany and local treasure that is simply delicious. For over three decades, Luceti"s has served Italian cuisine created by world class chef and awarded San Franciscan, Roger Bertola. Founder of the legendary Doro's, Ruggero's and master chef of Fior and the Iron Horse. Mr. Bertola was also the personal chef to generals Eisenhower and Paton. Today, Luceti's owners carry on the same tradition and cuisine that was started by Dr. Ron Luceti in 1984. Luceti's is a great place for private parties and business meetings. Full menu is available at bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Luceti's on 25th Avenue reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (26)good for groups (13)special occasion (12)fit for foodies (9)great for lunch (9)kid-friendly (8)romantic (5)vibrant bar scene (4)notable wine list (3)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- HostessOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/18/2014Your first impression is the most important they say. If we hadn't been meeting friends we would have left after the hostess at the front desk took a second phone call before even greeting us. Could that have any correlation to their being half empty!I would recommend this to a friend.
- catdVIPDined on 11/10/2014Delightful! Food is very good! Definitely, a neighborhood gem. Friendly staff.Special Features:
- Amazing night due to Luceti's!LuvtheninersVIPDined on 10/17/2014Our family came to dinner to celebrate a birthday and Luceti's made our night - from the ambience to the wonderful bartenders to the awesome service and the amazing food - our entire party had a wonderful time. The calamari is amazing and the polenta appetizer is to die for - a must have for polenta fans! Additional stand outs were the filet of sole as well as one of the most amazing cioppinos! The fish was fresh and there was an abundance of crab, scallops, prawns, clams, mussels, and salmon - plus the red broth had the best flavor for a cioppino that I've ever had - wonderful for dipping the yummy garlic bread that came with the dish! The servers and owners made our night and made everyone feel like family. Just a great place overall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoriteslspsanmateoDined on 10/15/2014We have been coming for years and enjoy the friendly staff and good food. I have had almost everything on the menu but my husband can't get enough of the clams and white sauce. We always have the Caesar salad too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent neighborhood restaurantLCMUNCHDined on 10/10/2014If you don't know Luceti's on 25th in San Mateo, you really should, it's a neighborhood hidden gem. Everything on the menu is done with perfection and the wait staff is courteous and friendly. We have always had a fantastic experience at Luceti's and anyone that we have ever brought there have always gone back with others. For an excellent Italian dinner, Luceti's is the place to go on the Peninsula!Special Features:
- 10-8 visitJHPMDRDined on 10/8/2014First visit in many years to Luceti's. Fairly standard Italian menu reminiscent of 20 years ago. Wine list seriously lacking indicating to the me the ownership doesn't drink wine, rather a wholesaler picks common labels. Staff was very friendly but we generally had to wave down our waitress for help though the restaurant was nearly empty by 8pm. Probably a better restaurant for families and lunch. Butter served with bread not olive oil...basic recipes, osso buco was marginal in my opinion served with ice cream scoop of rice and three pieces of vegetable.Special Features:
- good food, nice homey restaurantkld123VIPDined on 9/6/2014we enjoyed our meal here the other night; the veal dish was very good but the scallops were more poached than seared. tasty soups to start, a bit noisy. we had made reservations so got in right away while some friends of ours who were there before us left while waiting too long for a table. overall pleasant neighborhood Italian place.
- Nice Neighborhood RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/31/2014Friendly staff very nice food and service nice place to goSpecial Features:
- Good find!RoseVIPDined on 8/29/2014Wonderful and tasty Italian food; generous portions.Special Features:
- CJ TrailercjtrailerVIPDined on 8/29/2014I had the Petrale Sole which is always good and my wife had Chicken Livers--yeah, I know! They have a French Onion soup that's the best on the entire Peninsula! Reservations are a good idea as they were packed on the Friday night of a 3-day weekend! They have live music on Friday and Saturday nights.Special Features:
- outstanding foodmaribel029Dined on 8/29/2014The food was excellent. Seafood was fresh and everything was cooked to perfection. The service was outstanding and the ambiance was friendly. The portions were large and yummy. I guarantee no one would be disappointed. We had a variety of plates in our party and from the seafood to the raviolis the flavors were outstanding. A definite must for anyone that enjoys good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luceti's in San Mateo, CANonaVIPDined on 8/22/2014Luceti's is a great neighborhood restaurant. I have never had a bad meal. The food is "always" served hot to your table. Thursday nights is Prime Rib night. By far one of the best Prime Ribs I've ever had. Friday night is Crab Cioppino night and it is outstanding. There are many other great meals to choose from. The servers are fantastic, especially Mario!Special Features:
- The following 117 reviews are from the Luceti's on 25th Avenue reviews archive.
- Luceti's in San Mateo, CANonaVIPDined on 7/11/2014I have NEVER had a bad meal at Luceti's. The food is always served hot; never cold! The service is excellent (ask for Mario, he's been our server of choice for years and years. The restaurant is always packed. The owners always come around and greet the guests. I love this restaurant!!Special Features:
- FROMJ2KDined on 7/5/2014I was relieved Luceti's was able to accommodate a last minute booking of 15. Just happen to stumble upon Luceti's while searching on Open Table. The Hostess was very friendly. The Rack of Lamb was prepared as ordered and very delicious! Yummy, yummy, yummy!!! Everyone liked the food and was extremely pleased with the service. It was a very enjoyable dinner with family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't go after 9 pmzingloversVIPDined on 7/3/2014We did not like the chicken livers, which were served overcooked and rubbery. However, the server offered, and I accepted, to have this dish cooked again. It was better the second time but for me it was just average in taste. The fettuccini was ok and they did serve extra cheese tableside. The service was very good. We felt welcomed and attended to. However, there are many new Italian restaurants in the Bay area, which seem to be providing more tasty and creative food experiences.
- Old World WonderfulFoodieVIPDined on 6/25/2014This restaurant has changed hands but they have not spoiled the ambiance or the menu. It is still a neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- canneDined on 6/24/2014This is a nice reliable neighborhood restaurant with a good bar and mostly consistent continental cuisine. Salads are fresh, vegetables are done perfecty, and most entrees are very good. I would call this not necessarily a "go to" or "hot spot" restaurant, but a solid stand by restaurant when you want a full service meal with good quality food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local RestaurantDickDined on 6/21/2014Very good food and service at reasonable prices. Waitress very efficient and hostess has a welcoming personality. Have eaten here many times over last 30+ years and would recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Viva ItalianoJlawVIPDined on 5/30/2014Found this on open table .....WOW !! Great service and excellent food! The owner and staff very passionate about your experience being enjoyable and insuring the quality of their meals. Great neighborhood GEM!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PattDined on 5/24/2014Always consistent and a great spot. New owners revitalized it.Special Features:
- Lovely dinnertweetieDined on 5/3/2014Very good food - enjoyed it. Waitress very very helpful. The Musician was a little loud.Special Features:
- a very nice Easter SundayeileenVIPDined on 4/20/2014We had a very nice Easter Sunday. We had brunch.the eggs.benedicts was great and so were our bottomless mimosas. Tanya our waitress was very nice and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mom's 95th BirthdayDianaDined on 4/13/2014Knowing it was my mom's 95th birthday, we were treated especially well. Great location in a side room for our party of 8 which provided us with easy listening and a place away from the crowd. Great care and attention to how things were going throughout the meal. This place has been my Italian mom's favorite place for over 30 years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food good but noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/12/2014Noise level is very loud, and it is difficult to have conversation. Can't hear others in our party.
- Bad experienceuclabruinbelle1998VIPDined on 4/8/2014the food was not good - i got pasta with meat sauce and meat balls. the sauce did not taste fresh and neither did the meatballs. it had some weird after taste. two others ordered lamb, neither was impressed. the service was absolutely terrible. one person ordered a diet coke and it was flat, and when we asked about it, the waitress brought out a bottle and said it came out of the bottle. she took the drink back and 20 minutes later, still hadn't brought out another diet coke, and said they (pointed at the bar area) is having problems. we assumed she meant the soda machine, but then why did she bring out the bottle to tell us the drink came out of the bottle? our food did not come out for more than 35 minutes after ordering.
- Great Mingle and mealJlawVIPDined on 4/6/2014WOW! What a find. Greeted by what was thought to be an employee, warm and welcoming. Then to find out he was the owner was a great surprise. Musician was excellent and very friendly and kind, he spoke with us and shared great stories. The Food was outstanding as well as the service. This little gem is nestled in the midst of a little downtown strip center. Amazing time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulouseileenVIPDined on 3/29/2014The restaurant was very busy the food and the service was great!Special Features:
- Do they have new owners? DidntOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/24/2014Do they have new owners? Didnt recognize anyone and food was not up to par. Veryndisappointing
- The chicken carbonara tastedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/23/2014The chicken carbonara tasted more like alfredo sauce than carbonara. Everything else with dinner was fine.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 3/22/2014We go to Luceti's every couple of months. The food is consistently good, and we usually order something different each time. Very few restaurants serve veal any more, but Luceti's has several dishes. The veal is always tender. I had the scallops this time, and they were perfectly cooked; they just melted in my mouth. The accompanying vegetables are usually zucchini and carrots, which are two of my favorites so there are no complaints. The restaurant is small, and can feel cramped at times, and that contributes to the noise level, but we solve that problem by going early. All the waitstaff is courteous and friendly, and so it's not only the good food but the good service which keeps us returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shot in the DarkJaneDined on 3/15/2014The only bad thing in the evening was there was a table that was extremely loud. A woman was obviously loud to where tables were frequently affected by her decibel level. The owner knew this issue affected us and bought drinks fir each table. It was gracious. I think it ruined what could've been a perfect 5 star evening. Food was stellar and our server got 15% more gratuity for her classy service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely old time Italian restaurantArleneDined on 3/4/2014Lovely old time Italian restaurant with excellent service and good food.
- Best French Onion Soup on PeninsulacjtrailerVIPDined on 3/1/2014If you go to Luceti's on 25th, you MUST have their French Onion Soup--it's the best on the Peninsula!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- But StillaccordnguyVIPDined on 3/1/2014We've been to Luceti's for over15 years and we've never had a bad meal. The service is good and the ambience european. I'm not quite sure the reason, but, when the server mentions the specials, shoudn't they also include the price in the presentation. It's not that I would not order a higher priced entree. It just would be beneficial to knwo the cost before the bill arrives. Anyway, I would recommend Luceti's to anyone that is looking for great food at reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Party of 12mrTRAXVIPDined on 2/22/2014Our server, Francine, did an excellent job handling our party of 12. The way tables were moved together to accommodate our group made if difficult to speak with anyone except the person sitting right next to you. The food ranged from good to very good depending on the entree. As the main dining room is fairly small, tables are pretty close together, but despite the noise, it creates a neighborhood, friendly atmosphere. I'm sure that we will be back, but with a smaller party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time- not the last- at Luceti'sDawniVIPDined on 2/16/2014Although I had heard of Luceti's, I had never been there. But will happily go back. Used Open Table on our way home from the beach and decided to give it a try. We did have to wait almost 40 min past our reservation time, but we passed the time playing dice at the bar. Apologies were made- hostess said they just got super busy right before we came in- but I guess they didn't save our table. The restaurant was FULL and loud, but nothing we couldn't handle. 2 of 3 entrees were outstanding; gnocchi and spaghetti w/ meatballs were delicious and the portions were hearty. The lasagna was ok, and the portion was small compared to the other two. We will be back - not a place for an intimate conversation- but a great spot for wonderful food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent heart of romaineMarieDined on 2/14/2014Excellent heart of romaine salad, escargot, clams and tiramisu. Great service - our server was very attentive to us. Will go back there again. Reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day special dinnerJGIIIDined on 2/14/2014Nancy and I enjoyed our first visit to Luceti's -- she did the research to find it, and we both enjoyed the music (electronic piano) in the background. Place was jammed (hey, Valentine's Day), but service was very attentive and food was wonderful. After a couple of sippies I decided to ask the piano player if I could do a couple of tunes, so was able to play my Sweetie's favorite tunes for VDay -- YYYAAAAYYY!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite neighborhood gemOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2014Our waiter was so attentive but didn't hover. She noticed when one of out scallops was a little undercooked and sent it back for a fresh one. Paul and his wife the owners re so friendly and involved and always come by to chat and check on things. Just a great experience and great food to boot!Special Features:
- Neighborhood Gem Still ShinesDaniDined on 2/13/2014At first I feared our romantic neighborhood restaurant had been "modernized" to the noisy level favored by the younger set, but after a vivacious table next to us left, the room's noise level dropped to its normal conversational pitch. The deep Italian menu brings back the fine dining and attentive service of the 1960s. Fans of "old school" dining should check it out. Great old bar, too. Thanks to the new owners for keeping the ambiance and the osso bucolic special on Wednesdays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.