LUCE Ristorante - East Norwich
1053 Oyster Bay Road
East Norwich, NY 11732Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
LUCE Ristorante - East Norwich
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.luce-ristorante.com/
- Phone: 5166248330x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Dino Vlacich
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full Catering Menu
- Private Party Facilities: Luce offers many options for private dining that can seat a variety of party sizes. Our restaurant is great for hosting birthday parties, wedding rehearsals, holiday parties and many other events.
- Private Party Contact: Dominick 5166248330x
- Special Events: Luce Andare Food truck
A word from LUCE Ristorante - East Norwich
LUCE Ristorante - East Norwich is a fine dining Italian restaurant dedicated to the highest quality of food and level of service. Innovative specialty dishes from all regions are created to be enjoyed in an elegant setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
LUCE Ristorante - East Norwich - Best Restaurants in East Norwich ›
LUCE Ristorante - East Norwich reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (24)fit for foodies (19)neighborhood gem (18)romantic (14)great for outdoor dining (11)notable wine list (10)good for groups (9)great for lunch (9)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (5)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- Consistently Great foodRandolphVIPDined on 10/18/2014LUCE has become our go to restaurant for delicious Italian food. We had dinner last night with good friends. In the parking lot my mouth started to salivate looking forward to the chunks of cheese and olives that would be awaiting us at the table. The service was impeccable and the food was delicious. We ordered four different main courses, grilled shrimp clams and spaghetti an incredible veal chop and my personal favorite Cavatelli Bolognese. Dessert consisted of apple strudel and a coconut crème brûlée, both I strongly recommend and a wonderful way to end the evening. Thank you LUCE for always being consistently delicious!Special Features:
- DisappointingluvtotravelDined on 10/11/2014This was my second visit to Luce. The noise level from my first visit was so high that I almost didn't give it a second try. This time we were seated in the back corridor of the restaurant which cut down on the noise considerably. But I guess they forgot we were there as the service was so poor. Drink order took two tries to get right; at one point we had to get up and walk to the main part of the room to summon our waiter since he all but abandoned us. Dinner took three and a half hours! Definitely not worth the hefty price tag. Will not be back.Special Features:
- Wine dinner at Luce in East NorwichMontyDined on 9/28/2014Our recent visit to Luce was to attend a Sunday evening wine dinner featuring the foods and wines of Sicily. A new experience for us at this restaurant, we were more than impressed with the menus for each of the four courses, offering 3-4 items to choose from in each course. The rice balls and octopus salad , linguine with seafood and stuffed loin of pork and Sicilian style swordfish were all exceptionally done as wee the 4 deserts. Additionally the selected wines were very appropriate for each course and ones glass was never empty for long. The Jazz Band accompanied the delicious meal and I am looking forward to a repeat of this new experience at Luce on 10/26.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/13/2014Service was terrible. Seated all the way in the back. We got menus 10 minutes after we sat and it took another 15 min for waiter to come back to take order.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/6/2014as always the service was very good. unfortunately the food was not as good as expected since we have been there many times and it was always excellent.
- Nice ItalianpmnyVIPDined on 8/30/2014Have been here several times and it can be hit or miss. Food is ok. Service is very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delizioso!!! Delicious!!!SallyDined on 8/30/2014What an amazing restaurant.Beautiful ambiance. Excellent table service. You must go on an empty stomach!! Pace yourself..artichoke with cheese fondue to start.main dishes all look great.Leave some room for dessert!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itgreatVIPDined on 8/27/2014the restaurant is beautiful, the staff is beautiful and the food is excellent..we have been to Luce over 70 times and it's always superb!!Special Features:
- Consistently excellentnewcomerDined on 8/22/2014The staff at Luce, from the owner down, strives to provide an excellent experience. The food is always fresh, delicious and beautifully presented. Portions are generous. Wine list is not extensive, but it is adequate. Service is attentive, but not annoying. If they have the ingredients on hand, they will prepare dishes outside the menu choices upon request. We never regret our decision to eat at Luce and we've been going there for years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodJoeGDined on 8/16/2014We started at the bar. Really nice and bartender was very friendly and made amazing drinks. They knew we had a reservation and didn't pressure us to get to our table. Was not very crowded though. Love the food. Service could have been better. Didn't refill my water. Waiter never came over to ask how anything was. We shared a salad appetizer, which was in the center of the table before we split it, someone came over to ask if we wanted fresh paper. You really cannot ask that until it has been divided. That is an individual thing. Last time we went thought service was better. There were 2 other large groups there, it I still expect more.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/8/2014We all ordered something different on the menu and every meal was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingJanette811VIPDined on 7/26/2014Everything we ate was amazing!! Brought some friends there for the first time and was so happy that they loved the place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 7/25/2014Wonderful evening. Excellent food-pasta, pistachio crusted halibut, salmon, baby lamb chops.
- Loved itgreatVIPDined on 7/25/2014Luce is our favorite, bar none. the food is always great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Linguine alle Vongole v. goodLIItalianVIPDined on 7/15/2014Linguine alle Vongole v. good (highly recommend). Nothing more to add.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my FavoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014I tend to return to Luce -- food outstanding; hard to beat!Special Features:
- Surprised by LuceLaureenDined on 7/1/2014Live in LI , but tend to eat in New York City, and not aware of too many good local restaurants. So Luce was a pleasant surprise. Dinner was really excellent. Food was very good, comfortable setting and professional service. Music on a Tuesday evening was a nice addition. We will be back.Special Features:
- The following 205 reviews are from the LUCE Ristorante - East Norwich reviews archive.
- Local gemGoldenDinerDined on 6/19/2014My girlfriends and I had an easy reservation for a Thursday night. The staff is very friendly and attentive and the food was terrific. I had the branzino alla erbe (35.00) with roasted potatoes which was absolutely delicious and generous enough in size to take a goodie bag home. Two friends had a homemade rigatoni with beef and pork ragu. Delicious and generous portions again. Flourless chocolate cake (shared) for dessert. Overall a lovely, relaxed evening obviously enjoyed by many restaurant regulars. I will become one!Special Features:
- fine dining Italian StyleFoodfunlaughDined on 6/10/2014Such a pretty restaurant, warm, friendly service with great food. A wonderful night out.Special Features:
- Very GoodpmnyVIPDined on 5/30/2014Always good food and service at this neighborhhod gem!Special Features:
- MferVIPDined on 5/30/2014Branzino branzino branzino! Nothing more to say. Burrat was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Italian RestaurantpmnyVIPDined on 5/11/2014Second time at Luce and again great food and service! The veal dish I had was excellent. Nice quality veal with a mushroom risotto and broccoli rabe accompaniment. Wine list is very good. The Nepolian for desert was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine DiningMARTYODined on 5/4/2014My Wife and I had heard nice things about this Restaurant. Since it was restaurant week we decided to try it on a Sunday Night. Dominick the owner/manager was both charming and attentive. The choices on the limited menu were limited, however whatever we ordered was very good. The service was a bit slow, however the servers were nice. Looking at their regular menu I noted the choices were excellent but rather pricey. Dominick explained portions were ample and people shared. With the ambiance being nice and the food very good we would likely be back on a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply amazingHockeykls13Dined on 4/30/2014This was our second dining experience here and it was nothing short of amazing yet again. My favorite this time was dessert, the strawberry eclair was heavenly! All of the food we had was incredible. Thanks for another great date night! :)Special Features:
- Restaurant Week FindGoldenDinerDined on 4/30/2014I chose Luce purely on location as a midway point for myself and my friend to dine. I was pleasantly surprised by all aspects of Luce. The staff was extremely attentive, the Restaurant Week menu offerings were delicious and the ambience was pleasant. My only negative was that it was a bit loud and we chose to switch our table to a quieter spot.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/26/2014a bit pricey but the food and service was excellent. worth the priceSpecial Features:
- MontyDined on 4/25/2014Food and service here are very good. The hard services reflect a lot of noise that rises as the restaurant fills. Generally, we dine early before the restaurant gets very busy. I find it disconcerting and distracting when the wait staff stands in groups of 4 to 6 chatting near the table. This has happened each time I dined there. Service is very good but it would be better if the servers were less obvious when not occupied.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceDinesOutVIPDined on 4/23/2014This restaurant has become one of our favorites for special occasions. Consistently wonderful food and generous portions. The waitstaff are attentive and provide service with a smile!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dress CodeBoomerDined on 4/19/2014The service and food at Luce is fine. It may be that I'm older but I find the almost complete lack of a dress code to be annoying. We came to Luce ,which we consider a special occasion restaurant, on Saturday evening and found the patrons dressed for a burger joint. Our party of 7 had two bottles of modestly priced wine and the bill was well over $500. This is not a pizza place! The last few restaurants we have gone to suffer from the same problem. I guess the clientele force the issue and no one has the guts to have a dress code anymore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening with friendsMAX16Dined on 4/15/2014The service and friendliness of the staff made this restaurant standout for me. We were a group of eight friends and they accommodated us at a large round table in a quiet area of the restaurant, the perfect spot for us to socialize. He food was very good and most seem to enjoy the dishes they ordered. We all agreed to return.Special Features:
- Outstandingcr8zfudeDined on 4/9/2014The service, friendliness, quality, food was all outstanding…a little pricey, but a great meal with great service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Italian dinner.MichelleWVIPDined on 4/8/2014Whether it's to celebrate Mother's Day, birthdays or just "family dinner," Luce is our family's go-to for Italian around Oyster Bay. My husband and I also find eating at the bar convenient too...the menu is varied (homemade pastas!) and everything we've tried is delicious. Always reliably great service and martinis! A+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice change of pace ofr local dininsusanDined on 4/5/2014Excellent food, attentive service, attractive dinersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday nite at LuceGastoneDined on 3/22/2014We are locals. We like having some place that's 5 minutes down the road where we can get good svc and good food. Wait staff is excellent. My only gripe is when I call to book or use open table they give me a 6:30 reservation. Clearly I could have easily arrived at 7:30. There were tables open.Special Features:
- Great DinnerMferVIPDined on 3/21/2014Wonderful food, drink, and service. The branzini is superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome dining experienceMomof3Dined on 3/15/2014Food was awesome...service was great and an extra bonus...got to sit right next to Billy Joel, his daughter Alexa and family!!! Love Luce!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luce is the bestgreatVIPDined on 2/28/2014the crab cakes were delicious as a starter. My wife had the cajun tuna and I had chicken, sausage with broccoli and cherry peppers. both entries were fantastic. the service was attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant!LauriDined on 2/22/2014Beautiful atmosphere and extensive amazing menu. We have passed by so many times and we were so glad we tried it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlwaysRJBLADEDined on 2/16/2014Its always great ! From appetizer to after dinner drink. You wont be disappointed. Their specials are always outstanding The owner is friendly and goes out of his way to make sure everything is perfect!Special Features:
- nice but overpricedRangersDined on 2/14/2014cute cozy little restaurant, but there is no valet parking and it's hard to find parking in the small lot. The front desk doubles as the coat check. If you're not with a big party, you'll be at a tiny table. Nice night out, we weren't rushed at all, but I wasn't impressed at all either. $$$ for something that should be $1/2...