LUCE Ristorante - East Norwich
1053 Oyster Bay Road
East Norwich, NY 11732Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
LUCE Ristorante - East Norwich
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.luce-ristorante.com/
- Phone: (516) 624-8330
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Dino Vlacich
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full Catering Menu
- Private Party Facilities: Luce offers many options for private dining that can seat a variety of party sizes. Our restaurant is great for hosting birthday parties, wedding rehearsals, holiday parties and many other events.
- Private Party Contact: Dominick 5166248330x
- Special Events: Luce Andare Food truck
A word from LUCE Ristorante - East Norwich
LUCE Ristorante - East Norwich is a fine dining Italian restaurant dedicated to the highest quality of food and level of service. Innovative specialty dishes from all regions are created to be enjoyed in an elegant setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
LUCE Ristorante - East Norwich reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (21)special occasion (18)neighborhood gem (18)romantic (11)good for groups (9)great for outdoor dining (7)notable wine list (7)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (4)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- My favorite!Gia7Dined on 7/27/2013Always have an amazing meal here. Great friendly service, fabulous menu and food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- absolutely horribleOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/26/2013We went with another couple to this neighborhood restaurant. We sat outside. The waiter was terrible and unprofessional. He had an "i don't care attitude". He didn't have any interest in guiding us through the menu for any suggestions , since it was our first time. We were looking out onto the parking lot...once he took the order, we never saw him again. The food was ok, certainly not worth the $50 main course the $123 bottle of wine.... This deserves one star.....train your staff better, be on top of them. We expect more when we dine out, so should you.Special Features:
- Good food, slow service. CrowdSandyVIPDined on 7/26/2013Good food, slow service. Crowd is easily 50+ in terms of age. Our risotto was overcooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delish!annivdinDined on 7/19/2013The food here is outstanding! If you appreciate food, this is the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place/Great FoodGlobetrotter3Dined on 7/12/2013Loved our experience. Can see regular visits planned for Luce.
- Our evening was called CapriOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/30/2013Our evening was called Capri Nite, which was a prixfix Italian dinner with wine for each of four courses. It was wonderful. There were enough choices to please each of us. The wine kept on coming. The courses were generous and delicious. The service was great, even though the dining room was filled. Music filled the area. We each enjoyed our appetizers, grilled calamari, shrimp cocktail (a big hit) and beef carpaccio. We all got the snapper, which was excellent. It was a very special night. Hopefully, Luce will continue to provide these types of events.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2013Just a wonderful restaurant with terrific food, service, location and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekMGallVIPDined on 5/4/2013Tried this restaurant for restaurant week. The service was outstanding. We were in and out in 1 hour and 15 min. The food wa delicious and everyone was very attentive to our requests. Staff was friendly and very informative about the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food quality was outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/27/2013Food quality was outstanding. Service was great. Would go back in a heartbeat.
- Pretty space. Erratic service.LexiVIPDined on 4/27/2013Pretty space. Erratic service. Prices do not reflect quality of food. Too bad
- The food was good, the servicerab4VIPDined on 4/20/2013The food was good, the service fair, the bill for dinner was way too high for what we ordered and the service we receivedSpecial Features:
- Very good food, very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/18/2013Very good food, very good service. Pricey.Great coconut creme brulee.Wine by the glass--not recommended!Special Features:
- The food was mediocre andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/13/2013The food was mediocre and the service was alarmingly horrible. We (table of 3) were seated on top of two other tables right next to the front door while a group of 2 was seated right after us at a 4 person table that we were told we could not sit in because it was for 4. The waiter was slow with the menus, brought the wrong appetizer and was even slower with the check. Some of these things are excusable on a packed saturday night, but the restaurant wasn't even that crowded. The bussing service was intrusive and loud to the point where they almost put down a hot plate on my hands before waiting for me to remove them from the table. All in all an unpleasant experience and I will not be returning.
- Luce is always perfect...greatmcatVIPDined on 3/26/2013Luce is always perfect...great food, nice owner, impeccable service!Special Features:
- For a restaurant that chargesfood222Dined on 3/3/2013For a restaurant that charges real prices they fell short. The bread they brought to the table was embarrassing. Bake, provide various choices and be original. My local pizzerias give better table bread. There was a special paring menu; however we ordered from the regular menu at a high price with one exception. The paring menu had an octopus appetizer, which we ordered with our wine as we were looking over the rest of the menu. They brought us for $16 two slivers of rubbery octopus, smaller than the amount used for a single piece of sushi, with boringly spiced potatoes and onion. The waiter said they may have ran out of the octopus when we request it, and I assumed that they put something together so we could have a taste based on the lac
- The food in this restaurantwassermomVIPDined on 1/26/2013The food in this restaurant is always outstanding. As good as any Italian restaurant on LI. My only complaint was that the service Saturday night was a bit slow.
- Excellent food and that's about it.JonCVIPDined on 1/18/2013Excellent food. Overpriced. Unimpressive service. Would go again if they lower prices, because, while the food is excellent, everything else needs help. 2nd time I have experienced the same thing at Luce.
- I thought the food was goodBillVIPDined on 1/9/2013I thought the food was good but I think it was a little over pricedSpecial Features:
- We got a reservation lastOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2012We got a reservation last minute and they were most friendly and it turned out to be a great experience!!! Food was fantastic and the service super nice!!!! Will definitely go there often!Special Features:
- It was an overall great experienceNONEDined on 12/31/2012It was an overall great experience from the staff to the management.Special Features:
- DeliciousMrBlzVIPDined on 12/31/2012This is an outstanding local restaurant. Great food and service. What else can you say.Special Features:
- Great Italian!!!ThomasDined on 12/30/2012Great food and nice room! Dinner was fantastic as was service. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- The food and service are top-notch,enjoyableVIPDined on 12/28/2012The food and service are top-notch, and the chef will prepare a favorite dish or special, even if it's not on the menu.Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/12/2012Excellent lunch. Exceeded my expectations. My new favorite restaurant in the area.Special Features:
- We have been to this restaurantGrandmaDVIPDined on 11/17/2012We have been to this restaurant once or twice before but not at least for a couple of years. We were seated promptly for an 8:30 Sat. eve reservation, but other than drinks, no one took our order until almost 9:30. Food came promptly after that; service was generally attentive and pleasant. All food was tasty, well prepared and presented. Desserts were especially good. We were never given a wine list. In general a pleasant evening. Only surprise was the price - close to $380 approx for two couples with 2 beers, 2 glasses of wine, 2 desserts. This is a wonderful neighborhood spot, tile floor, good but not epicurean level food, simply not worthy of a close to $100 a person tab. Would think twice about going back just for that reason.Special Features:
- as an otherwise very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/17/2012as an otherwise very good experience..this restaurant MUST do something about the noise level. as a designer, i know that there are many options availble in acoustical baffles.like ceiling and wall panels with fabricSpecial Features:
- This has become one of mywassermomVIPDined on 11/16/2012This has become one of my favorite restaurants. The food is consistently good, particularly the branzino. Perfectly cooked every time and the banana cream pie is fantastic. Fairly easy to get a reservation but I'm not sure why.
- Unfortunately we did not chooseweaselVIPDined on 11/16/2012Unfortunately we did not choose from the Restaurant week menu so our bill was somewhat expensive. The salads were great and the entrees not so great. Usually the food is pretty good here so we were disappointed in the quality of the entree.Special Features:
- Expensive for the service.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/10/2012Expensive for the service. I cannot give the food a good rating based on the high prices for not a dish whereby the balsamic glazed onions overpowered the fish and left much to be desired.
- great appetizerRJBLADEDined on 11/10/2012Grilled Calamari best we ever had Very comfortable Service was spot onSpecial Features:
- Always a treat---we eat outSignNDineVIPDined on 11/9/2012Always a treat---we eat out often on the North Shore of LI and find Luce to be among the best --- food, service and ambiance---and the Banana Cream Pie tart is terrific. While pricing is not low, the overall experience is well worth it.Special Features:
- We were able to secure a tableweaselVIPDined on 10/13/2012We were able to secure a table in the garden room which was very quiet at 6 p.m. By 7;30, the noise level was much greater.Special Features:
- The food and service werePOTATOESVIPDined on 10/9/2012The food and service were great. My husband had chicken with mushrooms and chestnuts and it was fantastic. My crabcakes were great. We would definitely go back. Very classy restaurant.Special Features:
- Food and service was wonderful!RobertDined on 8/11/2012Food and service was wonderful! Enjoyed the evening.Special Features:
- Excellent food..Staff is veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2012Excellent food..Staff is very accomodating and very attentive. Great evening and would go back.Special Features:
- Completely pleasant meal -onpointeVIPDined on 8/10/2012Completely pleasant meal - every time we eat there. This was no exception - freshness, beautiful flavors, homemade pasta. Just what an Italian meal should be.Special Features:
- Fish was cooked perfectlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/4/2012Fish was cooked perfectly and was really fresh. Portions were large and we loved the fig and prosciutto special appetizer.Special Features:
- the food was very good. Enjoyedrab4VIPDined on 7/20/2012the food was very good. Enjoyed our evening. Very expensive for what it is.Special Features:
- Luce!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/13/2012My wife and I have been to Luce about 5 times. Every time is outstanding. Great food. Great service. Always a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Luce has been a great find.CraigVIPDined on 7/11/2012Luce has been a great find. This visit proved to be what I expect, consistant quality food served by an attentive wait staff.Special Features: