214 North Tryon Street
Charlotte, NC 28202Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.conterestaurantgroup.com/
- Phone: (704) 344-9222
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Gabriele Grigolon
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Bring the flavors of Northern Italy to your home, office or special venue. Whether it’s a large hors d'oeuvres reception or an intimate multi-course dinner Luce can take care of it all. Pick-up or delivery is available, delivery fee varies upon location. For more information or to place an order call 704.344.9222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: Luce would like to personally customize your special and private events. We can comfortably accommodate eighty for a seated dinner and over one hundred for a cocktail and hors d’oeuvres event. We also have a seasonal patio that can seat up to forty for dinner guests and is the perfect venue for a summer evening cocktail reception. Luce is available for private parties, rehearsal dinners, receptions, showers and all of your special event needs. Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions and we look forward to hosting your events.
- Private Party Contact: Manual Camprese 7043449222
- Special Events: Ask us about our monthly Italian wine dinners and special holiday events.
- Cross Street: North Tryon & 5th
- Public Transit: You can use the LYNX Light Rail Blue Line and get off on the CTC/Arena station and walk towards 5th street. Walk west on 5th, one block, to the Hearst Tower located on the corner of 5th and College. Luce in located on the Tryon level of the Hearst Tower in the courtyard.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Luce patrons can park in the Hearst Tower parking deck. Entrances are located on 5th and 6th streets in between College & Tryon. We offer two hours free parking validation M-F before 5pm, after 5pm; on weekends parking is free with Luce validation.
A word from Luce Ristorante
The setting at Luce is romantic. The Murano Lights, Venetian Plaster and Travertine floors create an exclusive dining ambiance. Luce means “Light” in Italian and the restaurant clearly “glows” Luce provides an ideal dining experience whether you stop in for a quick lunch or settling in for a full course dinner and fine selection of extensive wines from Italy. Luce offers fresh, authentic Italian cuisine rich in flavor and passion inspired by our Italian chef, Gabriele Grigolon. The attentive and knowledgeable staff always provides impeccable service allowing you to sit back and enjoy your dining experience. Conveniently located in the Hearst Tower Plaza in the business district of Charlotte’s Center City. Luce opened in 2002 and has achieved outstanding accolades. Helen Schwabb, Charlotte Observer Food Critic, gave Luce an “Excellent” rating. ZAGAT has given Luce an “Extraordinary” rating from 2004-2010.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Luce Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Luce Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
123 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (87)fit for foodies (81)romantic (76)notable wine list (54)good for groups (31)great for outdoor dining (28)neighborhood gem (22)great for lunch (17)hot spot (11)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (3)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Excellent choice before Uptown event !mnh20Dined on 11/14/2014The owner, who has been there in-person all three times that we've been to Luce, ensured we would make our concert time of 8PM even though we arrived a bit late due to Friday traffic into Uptown. He poured our bottle of wine himself and took our orders back into the kitchen to ensure we were not going to miss our event starting time! Excellent customer service and felt like we were well received and taken care of with a personal touch. Would come back for sure and recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must eat hereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/13/2014Luce is outstanding, Cesar delivered impeccable service, the food is more Italian than in Italy and the restaurant has a great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/13/2014Only the service superceeds the food! Thanks again for the outstanding experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a real restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/13/2014They do an excepcional Job. The staff is very profesional and knowledgable. The food reminds you of Italy at every bite. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food!LittleMo83Dined on 11/10/2014I recently had dinner before seeing a show. The food was excellent and the service was spot on. They were very conscious of our time and made sure we were in and out in plenty of time to get to the show. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I am never disappointed with Luce.NancyJBVIPDined on 11/8/2014I have been visiting this restaurant over the past 10 years. Luce is consistent on the quality of food and service, makes me keep on going back. Dishes vary by season, great wine list, and fantastic service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another wonderful eveningjen53Dined on 11/8/2014Went back with my husband to celebrate my birthday here, after last meal with a friend was so delicious. Love the atmosphere, felt like we were in Italy. Rosamaria was our server again, she made us feel we were family, even remembering me and that I was celebrating my birthday again. Luce is my new favorite restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but a little offOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/8/2014We have eaten here many times. I typically have the Mare dish and did again this visit. The dish was very salty this visit. Everything else was great and we will return. Next time I will try something new...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always SatisfyingfoodiegoldenDined on 11/7/2014This is my favorite Italian Restaurant in Charlotte. The food is excellent, you won't be disappointed! I just keep coming back. The staff are great it feels great when they remember your orders and know your face.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luce, always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/3/2014Great meal, great service, great art on the walls, great ambiance.Special Features:
- wonderful experiencejen53Dined on 10/31/2014my bff and i went to celebrate our birthdays, before the symphony. i had recently been to italy, and this brought back memories of many delicious meals there. we were greeted warmly on arrival, by a most gracious women, who was also our server. she was memorable even, and when we realized we didn't have time for dessert, brought the bill quickly, wish i had gotten her name. the food was delicious, the restaurant space is lovely. memorable evening, can't wait to go backSpecial Features:
- outstandingBenjyNCDined on 10/27/2014Best Italian food in Charlotte, highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Deluxe LuceBritinNCVIPDined on 10/24/2014High end city center Italian restaurant. This has it all; great food, great wine, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JamesDined on 10/24/2014The perfect anniversary spot. Great food and service with a special "feel" that really sealed the deal. Terrific variety on the munu and the wine list was more than satisfactory.Special Features:
- ExtraordinaryPaisanDined on 10/24/2014Very cozy, we both forgot at one point we were in downtown Charlotte, service was amazing and staff very knowledgeable about all the food and wine. First time here but when we are in Charlotte again we will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- barberafreakDined on 10/24/2014Very nice place with attentive and personable service. Though the wine list is very fine, it lacks selections in the "affordable" range. There are many wonderful Italian choices that are in the "value" category and at least a few should be available. Barberas, for instance, do not need to be in the $50 range to complement and satisfy. The proprietors might be surprised at increased sales at more affordable prices. Just to make the point, we will probably not go back precisely because of this--we can find cooking as good and not push the per person price to another level because of the wine.Special Features:
- RestaurantCriticVIPDined on 10/17/2014Outstanding up-market Italian restaurant....strong menu, strong and balanced wine list, outstanding service. Excellent evening.Special Features:
- Outstanding Dining ExperienceemeraldsgemsDined on 10/11/2014My husband and I were in town for evening out with friends and decided to treat ourselves to Luce. What a treat it was! Excellent service, knowledgeable and attentive waitstaff, and the food was amazing!! My husband had one of the specials, flounder stuffed with seafood, and I had the filet - one of the best filets I have ever had! An excellent wine recommendation from the waiter complemented the meal perfectly, and the desserts were delicious. Our friends loved their meals as well and we all agreed we would be back again. One of our new favorite restaurants!Special Features:
- Good food, service lacking2cooksDined on 10/10/2014My husband and I had a very good meal at Luce. The food was good and well presented. However, service was very spotty. Our first and second courses were delivered in a timely fashion but then we waited 15 to 20 minutes before our waiter came over to give us the dessert menu, simply putting it on the table with a curt , sorry! Another long wait before another waiter noticed that our waiter had not come back to take our order! By that time we were very discouraged and just asked for our check. Needless to say we would not go back to this restaurant when in Charlotte again!Special Features:
- Delicious!vewingDined on 10/8/2014hands down, best salmon salad i have ever had - salmon cooked perfectly; wait staff – exemplary; love that they are true Italians, heavy accents really add to the atmosphere. I absolutely enjoyed being able to talk with a friend over lunch and not feel I was competing with background music or noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening OutUPtowngirlDined on 10/7/2014Living in Charlotte over 12 years we've enjoyed sampling the many fine restaurants in uptown Charlotte and surrounding areas. The meal was done to the highest quality. I'd have to agree with one reviewer before I went that the portion was a bit small for the price, however the quality and ambiance were very good.Special Features:
- First timeYummyDined on 10/4/2014What a great place for Itliam food lovers. Greeted us kindly with Champagna as we were early for our reservation. Every person from the bar tender to wait staff was always smiling. Food was delicious especially the Calamari! Italian wine made our lips smile! Only thing was hard to find if you are not from Charlotte, but who doesn't ask for directions? :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!hpnerd7Dined on 10/4/2014We had one of the best dining experiences we've ever had. Excellent food and even better service, you could tell that every person serving our dinner was invested in our experience. We wish all dining experiences could be like this! Beautiful and romantic restaurant, we had an evening we'll never forget. Thanks Luce!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date dinner spot!RySwishDined on 10/4/2014Delicious authentic italian food, incredible wine selection. Service was pretty good, they were very attentive but not too much that you're being bothered. Found it a little odd that we didn't have a single person helping us, it was a jumble of different people. The manager (i'm guessing since he was in different clothes) was serving and helping at the tables. He was a little pushy and judge mental when picking wines-gave us an unapproving grunt when we ordered a Pinot grigio (my gf fav) for dinner. Overall a great place thoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time at Luce'sOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/3/2014We enjoyed a pre-show meal at Luce's because it was the only place nearby where we could get last minute reservations. This was our first time there and we were impressed with the ambiance, food and service. Definitely add it to our list.Special Features:
- JohndrewVIPDined on 10/2/2014I don't give many 5*, but I have to make an exception with Luce.Special Features:
- Our Favorite RestaurantMerloDined on 9/30/2014We have been coming to Luce since 2005 and it is the best Italian restaurant in Charlotte. The food, service is always consistent. Patrons at this beautiful restaurant are treated like family. Try it, you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Consistently Outstanding ExperienceLindseyEatsDined on 9/27/2014Whenever in the area, and anytime I can make an excuse, dining at Luce becomes the highlight of a trip to Charlotte. Tucked away off a main street, one quickly forgets one is in a major metropolitan area. It is like being welcomed home after a long journey. The staff is friendly, cordial, and attentive without being obtrusive. The menu is amazing. I have lost count of the number of my visits to Luce, but I have never sampled a bite that was anything but fantastic. The perfect ambiance for a special occasion or celebration, you would feel just as special on a random weeknight. The short of it: if you love great Italian food - just visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerM3147Dined on 9/24/2014First time visit to Luce. Looking for something special for my wife's birthday celebration and this turned out to be a great choice. Had the seafood pasta dish. Wonderful presentation. Delicious. Great selection of wines, including two of my favorites. I look forward to a return visit.Special Features:
- A little flexibility needed.dpd0843Dined on 9/23/2014Service was good and attentive. Food we selected was good. The carbonara could have used some more "sauce". Our guest had some special requests as she had some issues with the sauces provided. Our server basically said the chef would not entertain any special requests and the menu was fixed and no variations allowed. I thought some flexibility would have gone a long way.Special Features:
- Service and Food - Impeccable!UnimpressedVIPDined on 9/22/2014Luce's goes above and beyond every time I dine there whether with a small group or a large group. They are so accommodating and even remain open and staffed beyond normal business hours to service groups after local events. They are just excellent.Special Features:
- Luce Has it All!LoversofElegantDiningDined on 9/20/2014As always, our dining experience was outstanding which is why Luce is our favorite restaurant in the Charlotte area. Attentive but not overbearing service; delicious food with a delightful presentation; quiet, romantic atmosphere; all these things keep us coming back. We brought family to celebrate their 40th wedding anniversary this time and they thoroughly enjoyed it! Thank you for providing such a wonderful European style restaurant! Elegant is the word for Luce! We constantly recommend you to friends and family. Now that the symphony season has begun we'll be back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing eveningYomyomyomDined on 9/19/2014My wife and I had an anniversary dinner here. The service was spot on (always there when we needed them, invisible when we didn't need them). Food was wonderful and paired expertly with wine by the help of our server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/19/2014Far and away the best Italian restaurant experience in Charlotte. Even better than their sister restaurant Toscano's. Fabio takes care of you as if you were family.Special Features:
- Great birthday dinner here!AliBDined on 9/18/2014Loved it!!! Great server and delicious food. Lee were given a glass of champagne and free dessert for my bday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stepping into the country itself.Foodie13Dined on 9/8/2014You are greeted warmly with English easily punctuated as a second language but it makes you feel like you have traveled somewhere. Our server who held himself as a maitre d was paced by European standards and refined to a five star etiquette. The pace was at some points almost too slow yet at other times there was an ever watchful eye on the table to move dishes for the next course. The water and bread person spoke not a single word of English, which gave us zero explanation of the interesting pallet cleansers she put down. We were definitely not able to ask for our waiter through her. But the food!.. was worth taking a journey for. It was beyond exceptional, it was practically perfect. The whole venue truly transports you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive Service and FoodGimblet3Dined on 9/6/2014Complete satisfaction. Overall great atmosphere with a professional staff that you don't find in most restaurants. The food was amazing. I can think of no way to improve our experience. Very satisfied and highly recommend for a romantic night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love this place!CLTnewbieDined on 9/5/2014Second time and it is still one of my favorite restaurants. Amazing service and fantastic food. Everything was yummy except for the fish of the day, it was good, just a little bland. Other than that, awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding DinnerKensFavoritesDined on 8/30/2014I ordered Polo Chicken, my date ordered Salmon. Both meals were outstanding and we had a great time. The service was excellent and the location was perfectly located for the theater performance a short walk away that we attended after dinner. This was a first date, and this place was a perfect pick...getting there earlier in the evening, we had a quiet table, perfect for conversation. -Ken K.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tiramisu is a MUSTdalydoseVIPDined on 8/23/2014My boyfriend and I dined at Luce on a Saturday night to celebrate his birthday. We absolutely loved the Polipo (grilled octopus) appetizer! I ordered one of the pasta dishes with imported gluten-free pasta and thoroughly enjoyed it. Our waiter was extremely knowledgeable about the menu and was able to provide wine pairing recommendations for each of our dishes as well. We finished the evening with some of the tiramisu, on the house because it was my boyfriend's birthday! The little bit that I had was the BEST tiramisu I have ever had, and the coffee and espresso we had to accompany it was absolutely divine. We decided that if we are ever uptown and craving dessert Luce will be our go-to place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.