3499 Market Street
Powell, OH 43065Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lucenuovo.com/
- Phone: 7408814600x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Wine Bar, French
- Executive Chef: Chef Derek Michael
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Don't Forget about out Monthly Wine Dinners. Held in our private event room!
A word from Luce Nuovo
Lucé + Nuovo has a contemporary Italian/French menu that can be enjoyed both casually and formally. Every season our menu changes to ensure that you only experience the freshest ingredients; all the while, supporting many local farmers and purveyors. Our wine selection is extensive and chosen from the finest vineyards worldwide.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Luce Nuovo reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (23)special occasion (20)great for outdoor dining (19)fit for foodies (17)good for groups (15)romantic (15)notable wine list (11)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great date night find!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014We enjoyed a pleasant evening in this beautiful modern restaurant with delicious food and great service. The crab cakes were amazing and the scallop dinner, pistachio creme brûlée. We would highly recommend dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014Wife and I had diner here in a Friday night. Nice atmosphere, friendly helpful waitress, good food. A place I will eat at again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarolePowellFoodie1Dined on 8/19/2014Wonderful menu, good wine list, and great service by a lovely woman with a European accent. There was hardly anyone there on the weeknight evening we went. I hope their weekend business is better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Fine Dine for 39MomandDad39Dined on 8/3/2014We celebrated our 39th wedding anniversary in a restaurant with incredibly, delicious food selections that were so fresh and delicious. We are always excited to find fabulous crab cakes to keep coming back for & these are it!! As for the Luce Nuovo salad, chilled to perfection and ingredients that tasted like they were straight from the garden. Parmesan Crusted Chicken with penne pasta in pesto sauce with asparagus was so creamy and smooth and the incredible taste instantly returns to your memory, calling you to return for more. The cherry port reduction creme brûlée...unique and worthy of celebrating 39 years and more! As for our server, personable and very knowledgable of the menu and wine list. Thanks Macedonia for sending him our way :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoveluceLuvWineVIPDined on 7/29/2014Great place for food & wine... Brady does an awesome job...we so enjoy your patio...Special Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Our son works there. Mason, the Executive Chef came out & talked to us. Asked what we liked & gave his recommendations on the menu. The food & service were excellent. The restaurant itself has extremely nice atmosphere about it. Highly recommend for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place to meet friendsfridayfriendsDined on 7/18/2014This is a great place on Friday night after a long work week. I love the ahi tuna and they have a pretty good wine list. Never disappointed. Everyone in our party loved their meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependable local bistroRimrockDined on 7/17/2014Despite all the rooftops in Powell, the selection of good restaurants is still lacking, except Luce, which is always dependable for a casual dinner and glass of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sajagalVIPDined on 7/16/2014Great food, great service and lovely ambience! Dining at Luce Nuovo makes for a very nice evening.Special Features:
- terrible servicediner22VIPDined on 7/15/2014we waited 20 minutes for a server to ask us for anything at all. hadn't even gotten wine list or appetizer list. only 1 other table filled at this time. had to request service twice. never got wine for 40 minutes. that's terrible service. we would have ordered 4 bottles had we been able to start drinking with our 4some group
- Consistently excellentMikeVIPDined on 7/12/2014We've now been to Luce several times, both for wine dinners and regular dining, with consistent experience. Food is creative and well executed, service is friendly, and so are prices.Special Features:
- ivanDined on 7/1/2014blacked scallops excellent, zeppoli for desert are the absolute bestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative chef, nice wine listMikeVIPDined on 6/27/2014After some inconsistency, the new ownership and chef have gotten into their stride. The restaurant has a creative membership club which includes being able to have your own little cellar with wines that you purchase at retail during the excellent wine dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where Our serverJpohVIPDined on 6/26/2014It seems like the servers have tables all over this large restaurant. We noticed that not only did we have a difficult time getting our server to return to the table but noticed other tables had issues with theirs (one table near our was sharing waters because their server was busy with another table) We had to ask our server for bread and then we did not get it right away. The restaurant was not busy. Maybe that is why. We love this place but do not know what is going on. The food was just good not exceptional.Special Features:
- Good food vs bad service??AnitamdVIPDined on 6/26/2014I had the roasted root salad and salmon for dinner. Both of them were delicious. We all enjoyed our food but the service was awful. We were there for 40 min on a Thursday and only were served water despite asking for the wine list. The chef came out and asked about the food but our waitress never asked us how we were or if we needed anything. We all agreed we could come back for the food but weren't sure if it was worth the poor service.Special Features:
- Wonderful night!Foodie123Dined on 6/24/2014Stopped in for a nice dinner at the new "Luce" and could not have been more pleased! The service was top notch, the atmosphere was lovely, and the dishes we chose (Wild caught Cod, and Lamb special) we divine! We will be back again very soon! So glad to see the New Luce Nuovo setting the bar higher than previous ownership!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rewardsBabsDined on 6/11/2014Luce Nuovo is a great place to dine as well as having a rewards card which gives you 5% off your bill....great find!Special Features:
- judyVIPDined on 6/8/2014food was good but not as good as when first opened. front door was opened and flies were coming in. had to ask them to close the door.
- ServiceFoodieVIPDined on 6/7/2014We all felt the service was very slow, the food was just fair and the menu itself was terrible! It's was a very flimsy cheap piece of paper, and they weren't even all the same in our party of 8.
- Great food, very slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/6/2014We were seated outside on the patio at 7:30. Our waiter apparently had several tables inside on the other end of the restaurant. It too a half hour to get our drinks and order our food. The food took another half hour. We had to ask another waiter to track down our waiter twice. I usually love this place, but they need a better system for managing inside and outside tables now that the weather is nice.Special Features:
- Great Impulsive FindShriVIPDined on 6/5/2014We were just driving in open top Wrangler and took a wrong turn and found this patio place. We loved the patio, service was amazing from get go ( Our server Masha was fantastic) Even the Chef stopped by to explain his creations. Felt very special. Try out guys, It's a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Under new management?N2golfDined on 5/11/2014We tried the restaurant again as we heard it was under new management. We were seated quickly before our reservations and our table was very nice. The menu had improved and the presentation was much better, service and taste were adequate but just OK. Price was on the higher end and probably a touch high for the overall experience and keep us from going back on a regular basis.Special Features:
- Food not worth the pricedozingDined on 5/11/2014Our food sounded intriguing, looked wonderful but failed to deliver on flavor. All of our dishes could have used a bit more salt to bring out the flavors. Our server was just OK. If the check had been half as much I would rate this restaurant as adequete. However, for the price I'd suggest choosing somewhere else. If you're looking for flavorful Italian inspired food I'd suggest Martini Modern Italian instead.
- MikeDined on 5/11/2014The meal was good, but the chicken entree was quite dry. The service was excellent, she was really good.Special Features:
- The following 439 reviews are from the Luce Nuovo reviews archive.
- Great experiencelkfwillcomebackDined on 5/2/2014We brought my sister and her friend for dinner and they loved Luca. They would like to come back. Thank you for a great experience with our Family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't "chews" this place!Olive2dineDined on 4/24/2014Unknowledgeable staff, tough pork, over cooked potatoes & high priced mixed cocktails are just a few reasons NOT to return. We also had to ask for water, refills & additional items. Service less than desirable. Would have had a better experience @ the pub next door....Special Features:
- Luce NuovoOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/23/2014Food was very good. The eggplant roulade was outstanding. Our server, Brady, was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh...ang3Dined on 4/18/2014Interesting menu but reaching a bit... French and Italian makes for nothing done REALLY REALLY well.Special Features:
- We'll be backHiyaQtVIPDined on 4/10/2014Good food, attentive service (thanks Masha) Very nice atmosphere. All in all, a very nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New and improvedjm57VIPDined on 4/3/2014Luce Nuovo reopened last year and I had not been back. Glad I came. The menu is expanded and decor updated. Most notably however the entree with blackened cod on a ragout of mixed mushrooms and served with a zucchini cake was excellent. Nice wine list by the glass and bottle. Attentive and helpful wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incinsiderate PatronsDaveVIPDined on 3/28/2014My wife and I would have enjoyed our dinner except for the fact the couple next to us and their two to three year old sat at their table for an hour after their dinner was over talking while the poor child needed something to do other than raise heck at the table. It totally ruined our dinner. Please note their dinner was over because they had paid their check. I wish we could have been seated at another table which on hind sight I should have asked for but I kept thinking that the couple would have to leave which they didn't. On a positive note the salmon my wife had and the sea scallops I had was very well prepared and tasted very good. Our waitress was excellent. A very enjoyable evening was not to be had due to rude selfish people
- Great food, lovely spot by the fireBuckeyegal2009Dined on 3/21/2014We went here for my husband's birthday. The service was pretty good but a little slow at times. The food was delicious. The kobe beef carpaccio was one of my husband's favorites. My husband had the iron steak diavolo and loved it. Just enought spice to give it a kick. I had the Day Cod, which was pretty good as well. We had a table of 5 and everybody was happy with their dinners. We also got a trio sampler of desserts. The ricotta doughnuts were AMAZING!! I forgot what they are called on the menu but everybody raved about it. We were sat by the fire place and we loved it. My mother in law and I get cold easily so we took the spots closest to it, and it made a difference. The wine list is pretty impressive too.Special Features:
- Nice evening at Luce in PowellscoomesDined on 3/8/2014Small menu, but the food was unique and good. Service was good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Having recently moved to theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/8/2014Having recently moved to the area, we've struggled to find a decent, appropriately priced, and consistent place. However, Luce Nuovo stands out and you can instantly notice their attentive, caring, dedicated approach to providing a wonderful experience. The salad and dessert plates were chilled, our server could articulate every dish on the menu, and the wine list represents a restaurant that strives to be on the cutting edge of the best selections. The meal was not rushed and our server was 100% in control of providing a perfectly paced experience. Either for a respectable evening after a long week at work or for a special family occasion, this place has it all. Be adventurous with this menu and wine list - it will not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, slow service,sharpdocDined on 3/1/2014Service was SLOW, no apologies made at all for slowness of service. There were plenty of tables open at 745 on a Sat night so it's not like they were packed or anything. Meatball appetizer quite good. Beet salad excellent. Then my $34 filet came out and it was the smallest piece of filet I'd ever been served. More like a single medallion. Plus ,I ordered medium rare and it came medium well. New ownership is floundering here. I've always been a Luce fan, living right across the street I hope they get it together.
- Revisit after the Menu changeDiscerningPalateDined on 2/15/2014The Lamb with squash and kale was a home run! The other dishes were very good, but for the price point of $20-30 per plate there is significant competition in Columbus for GREAT food. In the Powell area, this maybe one of the premier public places to take a date. If you live nearby and haven't been there for awhile check out the changes. Wine selection: Many choices by glass, prices and type. Food options: Very Good. Family: Note they are promoting "kids eat free" three nights a week. That will be our next adventure there.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and almost greatTomzDined on 2/13/2014Good Italian and French contemporary food. I thought it was pretty good but not incredible. For example, the pasta flavor can be somewhat bland and the tiramisu dessert falls apart instead of having a steady firmness. Service was okay but sometimes checked in too often, like literally 2 minutes apart for no reason. Prices are pretty decent not too crazy. They could be slightly lowerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OK......ScottDined on 2/1/2014Was pretty disappointed all around given the price. Waiter was nice enough, just not much enthusiasm. Had to ask for water several times (one of my absolute pet peeves). As for the meal, my wife had to send her's back as it came out very spicy with no mention of this on the menu. Absolutely could not eat it. Ordered the Margarita pizza instead...absolutely the blandest meal we have ever had. No taste whatsoever. Would not recommend given the prices and this experience.
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/1/20142 1/2 hour dinner including 30 minutes to pay our bill. Which was done by someone other than our waiter. Dirty dishes sat on our table until we stopped someone to take them. No one from management stopped by our table to see how things were. Credit to kitchen, dinner was very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time but not the last.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/31/2014My husband had heard good things about Luce Nuovo so we decided to try it. We were not disappointed. The service was very good as well as the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.