3499 Market Street
Powell, OH 43065Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lucenuovo.com/
- Phone: (740) 881-4600
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Wine Bar, French
- Executive Chef: Chef Derek Michael
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Don't Forget about out Monthly Wine Dinners. Held in our private event room!
A word from Luce Nuovo
Lucé + Nuovo has a contemporary Italian/French menu that can be enjoyed both casually and formally. Every season our menu changes to ensure that you only experience the freshest ingredients; all the while, supporting many local farmers and purveyors. Our wine selection is extensive and chosen from the finest vineyards worldwide.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Luce Nuovo - Best Restaurants in Powell ›
Luce Nuovo reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (20)special occasion (19)neighborhood gem (18)romantic (16)good for groups (11)notable wine list (11)great for outdoor dining (10)great for lunch (2)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Near Fine DininglocalguyDined on 11/12/2014Luce was a pleasant dining atmosphere. The food was quite good and the service was too. We will return. We live in the neighborhood. It will be highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/7/2014Good Italian themed food. Waiter was very helpful and corrected without question a minor ordering mix-up. Portion sizes were plentifulI would recommend this to a friend.
- Still greatDublinFoodiesDined on 10/30/2014My wife and I had our first date here and just celebrated our fifth anniversary at Luce. They did a remodel on the inside, more modern and brighter, really put new life into the restaurant. The food is fantastic. I had the salmon and my wife the braised pork. Both meals were excellent. They have always had great soup, but the pumpkin bisque was something special. I recommend to any couple or small group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excllnt food, presentation, serviceBobFDined on 10/25/2014All four of us had a great meal, including a couple who have spent much time in Italy and who consider themselves very food-aware. This is the new, as of about a year ago. Luce, a very nice improvement. The server, "Mile," was very knowledgeable, and the executive chef came over and chatted with us at the end of the evening. Nice touch. They have $60 wine pairings with a 4-course gourmet meal the third Tuesday of each month except December. We plan to attend, & give it as a gift.Special Features:
- ServiceLITulips1Dined on 10/17/2014While our waiter was very pleasant and professional, he was overworked, waiting on too many tables and thus we had a long delay before receiving drinks and giving our orders. He practically ran throughout the restaurant and seemed to be one of two waitstaff, far too few for a busy Friday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We hoped forEasyEaterDined on 10/16/2014the best because we had heard conflicting reports about the food here at Luce Nuovo. We had a marvelous meal, served hot and to perfection. The crab-stuffed cod crowning the garlic mashed potatoes was not only beautiful, but delicious. It was a huge portion. Others had the same experience with their meals. We ate in a quiet location which was perfect for those of us who have a hard time hearing with too much background noise. Conversation was easy and the wait staff could not have been better--cheery and helpful. We will go again!Special Features:
- Great Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014Food was delicious. Service was great, would definetly return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good, service just oklesterDined on 9/26/2014This was our 2nd time dining here. The first time we sat at the bar and had impeccable service. This time we took my parents for our birthdays. The restaurant was not busy. Our server, while good, did not clear the table between courses and we ended up with a lot of dirty dishes & wine glasses at our table and basically ran out of room. Our food took forever and they ran out of the special of the night- lamp chops. Shocking considering it was not busy. We still love it, but the service needs to improve.Special Features:
- Loved it.lesterDined on 9/13/2014We made an open table reservTion and then ended up dining at the bar. Drinks, food and service were top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatbobkreegerDined on 9/10/2014Wonderful. Everything very good, new owners, new chef and new menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We used to love Luce, but...KathyDined on 9/6/2014There were only two other tables in the dining area. Our server sounded more like a bad lounge singer than a waiter. The bar had to go find a decent wine glass from the kitchen. The food was good, it just did not have the same appeal. Probably won't return.
- Great date night find!Crunchymom81Dined on 8/30/2014We enjoyed a pleasant evening in this beautiful modern restaurant with delicious food and great service. The crab cakes were amazing and the scallop dinner, pistachio creme brûlée. We would highly recommend dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014Wife and I had diner here in a Friday night. Nice atmosphere, friendly helpful waitress, good food. A place I will eat at again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarolePowellFoodie1Dined on 8/19/2014Wonderful menu, good wine list, and great service by a lovely woman with a European accent. There was hardly anyone there on the weeknight evening we went. I hope their weekend business is better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Fine Dine for 39MomandDad39Dined on 8/3/2014We celebrated our 39th wedding anniversary in a restaurant with incredibly, delicious food selections that were so fresh and delicious. We are always excited to find fabulous crab cakes to keep coming back for & these are it!! As for the Luce Nuovo salad, chilled to perfection and ingredients that tasted like they were straight from the garden. Parmesan Crusted Chicken with penne pasta in pesto sauce with asparagus was so creamy and smooth and the incredible taste instantly returns to your memory, calling you to return for more. The cherry port reduction creme brûlée...unique and worthy of celebrating 39 years and more! As for our server, personable and very knowledgable of the menu and wine list. Thanks Macedonia for sending him our way :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoveluceLuvWineVIPDined on 7/29/2014Great place for food & wine... Brady does an awesome job...we so enjoy your patio...Special Features:
- The following 458 reviews are from the Luce Nuovo reviews archive.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Our son works there. Mason, the Executive Chef came out & talked to us. Asked what we liked & gave his recommendations on the menu. The food & service were excellent. The restaurant itself has extremely nice atmosphere about it. Highly recommend for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place to meet friendsfridayfriendsDined on 7/18/2014This is a great place on Friday night after a long work week. I love the ahi tuna and they have a pretty good wine list. Never disappointed. Everyone in our party loved their meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependable local bistroRimrockVIPDined on 7/17/2014Despite all the rooftops in Powell, the selection of good restaurants is still lacking, except Luce, which is always dependable for a casual dinner and glass of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sajagalVIPDined on 7/16/2014Great food, great service and lovely ambience! Dining at Luce Nuovo makes for a very nice evening.Special Features:
- terrible servicediner22VIPDined on 7/15/2014we waited 20 minutes for a server to ask us for anything at all. hadn't even gotten wine list or appetizer list. only 1 other table filled at this time. had to request service twice. never got wine for 40 minutes. that's terrible service. we would have ordered 4 bottles had we been able to start drinking with our 4some group
- Consistently excellentMikeVIPDined on 7/12/2014We've now been to Luce several times, both for wine dinners and regular dining, with consistent experience. Food is creative and well executed, service is friendly, and so are prices.Special Features:
- ivanDined on 7/1/2014blacked scallops excellent, zeppoli for desert are the absolute bestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative chef, nice wine listMikeVIPDined on 6/27/2014After some inconsistency, the new ownership and chef have gotten into their stride. The restaurant has a creative membership club which includes being able to have your own little cellar with wines that you purchase at retail during the excellent wine dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where Our serverJpohVIPDined on 6/26/2014It seems like the servers have tables all over this large restaurant. We noticed that not only did we have a difficult time getting our server to return to the table but noticed other tables had issues with theirs (one table near our was sharing waters because their server was busy with another table) We had to ask our server for bread and then we did not get it right away. The restaurant was not busy. Maybe that is why. We love this place but do not know what is going on. The food was just good not exceptional.Special Features:
- Good food vs bad service??AnitamdVIPDined on 6/26/2014I had the roasted root salad and salmon for dinner. Both of them were delicious. We all enjoyed our food but the service was awful. We were there for 40 min on a Thursday and only were served water despite asking for the wine list. The chef came out and asked about the food but our waitress never asked us how we were or if we needed anything. We all agreed we could come back for the food but weren't sure if it was worth the poor service.Special Features:
- Wonderful night!Foodie123Dined on 6/24/2014Stopped in for a nice dinner at the new "Luce" and could not have been more pleased! The service was top notch, the atmosphere was lovely, and the dishes we chose (Wild caught Cod, and Lamb special) we divine! We will be back again very soon! So glad to see the New Luce Nuovo setting the bar higher than previous ownership!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rewardsBabsDined on 6/11/2014Luce Nuovo is a great place to dine as well as having a rewards card which gives you 5% off your bill....great find!Special Features:
- judyVIPDined on 6/8/2014food was good but not as good as when first opened. front door was opened and flies were coming in. had to ask them to close the door.
- ServiceFoodieVIPDined on 6/7/2014We all felt the service was very slow, the food was just fair and the menu itself was terrible! It's was a very flimsy cheap piece of paper, and they weren't even all the same in our party of 8.
- Great food, very slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/6/2014We were seated outside on the patio at 7:30. Our waiter apparently had several tables inside on the other end of the restaurant. It too a half hour to get our drinks and order our food. The food took another half hour. We had to ask another waiter to track down our waiter twice. I usually love this place, but they need a better system for managing inside and outside tables now that the weather is nice.Special Features:
- Great Impulsive FindShriVIPDined on 6/5/2014We were just driving in open top Wrangler and took a wrong turn and found this patio place. We loved the patio, service was amazing from get go ( Our server Masha was fantastic) Even the Chef stopped by to explain his creations. Felt very special. Try out guys, It's a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Under new management?N2golfDined on 5/11/2014We tried the restaurant again as we heard it was under new management. We were seated quickly before our reservations and our table was very nice. The menu had improved and the presentation was much better, service and taste were adequate but just OK. Price was on the higher end and probably a touch high for the overall experience and keep us from going back on a regular basis.Special Features:
- Food not worth the pricedozingDined on 5/11/2014Our food sounded intriguing, looked wonderful but failed to deliver on flavor. All of our dishes could have used a bit more salt to bring out the flavors. Our server was just OK. If the check had been half as much I would rate this restaurant as adequete. However, for the price I'd suggest choosing somewhere else. If you're looking for flavorful Italian inspired food I'd suggest Martini Modern Italian instead.
- MikeVIPDined on 5/11/2014The meal was good, but the chicken entree was quite dry. The service was excellent, she was really good.Special Features:
- Great experiencelkfwillcomebackDined on 5/2/2014We brought my sister and her friend for dinner and they loved Luca. They would like to come back. Thank you for a great experience with our Family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't "chews" this place!Olive2dineDined on 4/24/2014Unknowledgeable staff, tough pork, over cooked potatoes & high priced mixed cocktails are just a few reasons NOT to return. We also had to ask for water, refills & additional items. Service less than desirable. Would have had a better experience @ the pub next door....Special Features:
- Luce NuovoOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/23/2014Food was very good. The eggplant roulade was outstanding. Our server, Brady, was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh...ang3Dined on 4/18/2014Interesting menu but reaching a bit... French and Italian makes for nothing done REALLY REALLY well.Special Features:
- We'll be backHiyaQtVIPDined on 4/10/2014Good food, attentive service (thanks Masha) Very nice atmosphere. All in all, a very nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.