Lucca Restaurant & Bar
1615 J St
Sacramento, CA 95814Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Lucca Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.luccarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9166695300
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Californian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Ian Macbride
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have several private dining options for you to enjoy. Our Mirror Room is available for any occasion and comfortably seats 80+ guests. Long mirrors flank every wall with grace and elegance. For a lovely outdoor setting, our covered patio with waterfalls and a fireplace is also a dining option to consider for large parties or private parties up to 70 people. Our Starlight Patio is a lush private patio for smaller groups up to 30.
- Private Party Contact: Glenn Stewart 9166695300
A word from Lucca Restaurant & Bar
Nestled between Midtown and Downtown Sacramento, Lucca Restaurant offers a California Mediterranean influenced menu that is reasonably priced, with a vast selection of fresh and delicious menu choices. We seek to highlight the abundance of locally grown meats and produce while graciously serving you in a classy, comfortable and inviting setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Lucca Restaurant & Bar - Best Restaurants in Sacramento ›
Lucca Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
247 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (160)fit for foodies (108)special occasion (98)neighborhood gem (98)good for groups (87)great for lunch (55)romantic (50)vibrant bar scene (39)notable wine list (34)hot spot (33)great for brunch (19)late-night find (18)kid-friendly (12)scenic view (4)Show More
- Lucca is one of my favorite places!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014I think Lucca has it all: the food is top notch; the service is very professional, helpful and not pushy. The "vibe" is friendly, warm and welcoming. It is one of my favorite places in Sacto to go. I normally go for lunch but the dinners are even better. Always feels like home. Casual yet cool. Just like me!Special Features:
- always a solid choiceThaurosDined on 9/13/2014Good solid food and service. A lively hot spot, especially on Saturday evenings, but very comfortable. Reasonably priced and excellently edited wine selection.Special Features:
- YummyNatalieRose24Dined on 9/13/2014Never had a bad meal here! I LOVE the calamari, has onion, bell pepper and kalamata olives. Always ask for extra dipping sauce with it though..Special Features:
- Made a great day even betterCrzycatladyDined on 9/13/2014They got are table ready for 7 people and an infant one of the members of our group was in a wheel chair plus we had a stroller. The waiter did not rush us and answered questions for the people in our group who have diet restrictions. The food was awesome!!! My friend ans I split an order of the best calamari ! Yum! I had a pasta dish with house made sausage and mushrooms & three of the people in our group had the Luca burger and they said that you could taste each flavor Yum! Two others in our group had the stuffed peppers and they enjoyed them as well. Our waiter was great he put up with our chronic indecision with a smile:-) next time I am in Sacramento I will have lunch or dinner at Lucca's !Special Features:
- Liked LuccabdubthnksDined on 9/11/2014Nice decor, warm ambiance, good menu, & decent service. Picked Lucca randomly and was pleased with the choice. The zucchini chips were okay; but would have been better with some type of dip or hummus. The risotto was prepared perfectly but a tad under-seasoned. Tables were a tad close so the waitstaff had to squeeze in between our table to serve the party next to us. We slid our table over so we would have more distance. I like the feel of Lucca. The outside area looked nice & cozy. The menu has several options & I will dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in SacramentoyearbookrepDined on 9/3/2014Two of the most memorable meals I have ever had have been at Lucca's. They have the best of everything from the service to the meal itself. Can't wait for our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service!CMCODined on 8/31/2014The bartender was our server, and she was terrific, considering we had 6 for dinner and she had people at the bar as well! We are never disappointed at Lucca.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnnsieVIPDined on 8/28/2014The service was just a bit slow, but the servers were helpful. We sat out on the patio--very pretty with lots of trees nearby. Located right on J Street, Lucca's patio is just a bit noisy, but pleasant, nonetheless. The grilled salmon salad is simply delicious--good fish, cooked right, with a shredded lettuce salad that was terrific: wonderful flavor and texture.Special Features:
- RowLuciRowLuciDined on 8/24/2014Love to eat here after a matinee. It makes for a lovely afternoon.Special Features:
- Theatre date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014Lucca is a nice place to dine when planning a trip to the theater. THe patio is very nice and the special have been delicious. Ask for the theater discount.Special Features:
- Great food and servicejonrikDined on 8/23/2014Took friends from out of town for dinner just before Music Circus. Had a fabulous meal, cocktails and nice wine. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Quick bite after the theaterteachermom1954VIPDined on 8/23/2014This was a great place. Walking distance from the theater and food was good. We were on a time crunch because my son in law was in the production and had to get back for the next show. Food was delivered quickly and was great. We were taken very good care of by our server.Special Features:
- A great after theatre spot!redlucyDined on 8/23/2014My party of three came for dinner after the theatre. The service was very good. We had a reservation and were seated right away. We chose a pinot grigio to start that was lovely, the wine list is very good. Next came bread followed very quickly by the main meal. Each of us had something very different from chicken picata to the Lucca burger. All very good. We shared a tasty desert and it was lovely. The place is busy, and a bit noisy, but the ambiance is lively and fun. A great place to meet with friends. However, make a reservation, it can get very busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Dining Experience!lincolntravlerDined on 8/23/2014We always begin and end our Music Circus season tickets with a dining visit to Lucca's. The food is consistently excellent and the service superb. We dined on the patio and enjoyed the beautiful evening. Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- notthebestDined on 8/22/2014Poor service. We were seated at s table next to J st even though we said away from street. Restaurant was not Busy. Water was poor. We had to ask for specials. Never did give all specials we had to hear from water at next table. Once decide my special was not available (rib Eye) Water forgot chopped salad. Long wait for food. water couldn't remember if he brought cocktails or not?My new york was fair at best. Ordered medium. came back well done. When you spend 200 dollars on a meal you want good service. Service was poor and food was average at best. We have dined here many times and have not been wowed but service was good and food ok. I will not be bringing family back again. Amazing what a bad experience does.Special Features:
- Marginal at BestFinanceGuyDined on 8/22/2014Dining alone while on business is always problematic, so I shouldn't have been surprised when I was shown to a grungy little table in the bar area. At least I was by the window, but then the odor of a nearby dumpster started wafting through the air every so often. Waiting ten minutes for the barkeep to come take my order wasn't helping and I was just about to leave when she finally stopped by. After another long wait I was presented with a big overcooked mass of fried calamari and some mystery vegetable shavings on a bed of indeterminate red sauce that was barely edible. The only saving grace of this place was the pasta and shrimp dish which was pretty good. I skipped dessert and I won't be back as there are much nicer places to be ignored.
- Delicious Food & Super ServicesactofoodieDined on 8/22/2014The dinners were fantastic. Cooked to perfection and served piping hot. Another couple asked to join us at the last minute and we were accommodated without a fuss. The wait staff are flawless. Attentive without being annoying. I love Lucca and will continue to enjoy the food and service as often as possible. It's my favorite choice for dinner before attending events and the Music Circus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great happy hourlocalfavDined on 8/22/2014the service is great and the happy hour keeps us coming back. It is a great spot before a Music Circus performanceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal and great serviceGiantsDined on 8/21/2014Very friendly folks and beautifully presented food. The gnocchi had a yummy red meat sauce and not an overdone cream sauce which is usually the norm. Definitely will return again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hot plate lukewarm risottoTripleDDined on 8/20/2014We were there Wednesday night before Music Circus. Two of us ordered Chicken Risotto. Both were in hot bowls but the Risotto was lukewarm. My waitress offered to heat it up. My sister did not want to "make a fuss" and did not want to return her meal. When my Risotto came back it was like soup! When I pointed this out to the waitress she said the chef said that is what happens when it it micro-waived. I told her I did not want the meal. She offered to order something for me and I declined. My daughter liked her salad and polenta and my wife liked her short rib. My meal was deducted from the bill. No manager ever came over to the table and no other adjustment was made to the bill.
- SherryDined on 8/20/2014First time here - wow! My husband had the Chicken Picata and I had Linguine and Prawns. Both were outstanding. My husband doesn't normally like Italian food but he's ready to come back here! Great job! We'll be back!Special Features:
- Great foodShllzDined on 8/19/2014The staff was friendly, courteous and prompt. The food was delicious. We sat outside on the patio and it was very nice. Will definitely be returning to Lucca's.Special Features:
- Strained Politeness...LovitAlFrescoDined on 8/17/2014Not everyone wants to spend $20 on a main course of Salmon to find out there is an additional charge for the vegetables ($6) and a salad ($7)...EVEN if one CAN afford it. So, I settled for the Penne dish for $14. I liked the spicy flavor, but it wasn't all that great. I ordered an Iced Tea while we waited for a friend to join us it didn't appear to be even a 16oz glass for nearly $3 and I was never offered a refill, but I did manage to get one fairly quick upon request. Our waiter was nice, but it felt like strained politeness and he seemed to take on a snooty air when I asked about the vegetables. I will say that the Parmesan fries w/black truffle aïoli was flipping amazing! But, all-n-all, I don't think I'll be heading back anytime soonSpecial Features:
- Always great food & service!MarianneDined on 8/15/2014The Summer Farro & stone fruit salad is amazing. The Linguine with Shrimp is the best we've had. We are never ever disappointed when we eat at Lucca!Special Features:
- Excellent Servers and great food!LuvsgreatserviceDined on 8/15/2014This a perfect restaurant to enjoy a great meal before Music Circus...Broadway Series...or an event at Memorial Auditorium. The fabulous employees set the tone for an outstanding dining experience and the food sends you out the door feeling that you've just experienced truly fine dining. The location and valet parking make a perfect place to have a carefree evening. The bar is also a great place to enjoy great libations as well as friendly and attentive bartenders...and...superb appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice salmon & veganibmwrDined on 8/13/2014A nice cut of salmon and my date enjoyed her vegan selection as well.Special Features:
- Great - as per previous reviewsScdickDined on 8/13/2014I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone. We had the fish dinner special along with a delicious salad and appetizer. Everything was presented well and the flavors were outstanding. Even though it was busy, the service was also tops. If you want a great evening for dining out, this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WeWillBeBackDined on 8/10/2014Our server (Alexis) was exceptionally helpful and pleasant and very willing to accommodate special requests. Overall service was efficient without making us feel rushed. The food was outstanding. If possible, for ambience reasons, avoid seating in the center.Special Features:
- AmazingJilybeanyDined on 8/9/2014The food was amazing. The patchwork salad was delicious. We also shared the short ribs. They were so yummy. The best part though was our server Anthony. First off he's super hot second he's an awesome waiter! Go 9ers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fit for Foodieslovediningout1Dined on 8/9/2014Love this restaurant! I ALWAYS get the Salmon with Mashed Potatoes....perfectly prepared....best ever salmon! The "special", Tomato and Fennel soup was awesome too! Our waiter (Roland) was great...perfect evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old Ladies on the TownParaOnlineDined on 8/9/2014One of the great parts of being a Senior Lady and retired is the fun of dining out. Finding a quiet location so we can hear with great food, great smiling service and just the right service timing of order- to- plate on the table is not as easy as it sounds. Lucca fit the bill all the way and, the bill, it was affordable. Thank you Lucca for making our evening a wonderful memory.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Good!AsticatDined on 8/9/2014I have eaten at Luccas for the past 5 years, both lunch and dinner. The food and service are excellent. One of my favorite eating places in Sacramento!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our waiter was "the" best ever.TlvsluccaDined on 8/9/2014I'm coming back just because of our waiter. All restaurants can be the same, but his fun, quirkey side side stood out. He "got" us and our needs and was on it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for dinnerLovedowntown1Dined on 8/8/2014This was a great experience for great food and service. Sammy was our waiter and we went with his food recommendations. Best decision we made. The food was outstanding, his service and attitude was excellent. My wife and I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014By design the restaurant is noisy so it's not a place for a quiet dinner. The food was very good and our server was outstanding. We informed her that we had a certain amount of time for dinner prior to seeing a show and she made sure that everything flowed to meet that time.
- Lucca's ReviewHGfoodieDined on 8/8/2014Great food, good atmosphere and service, awesome deal on evening parking to attend theatre and other events.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellenceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/7/2014Of all the great Sacramento dining opportunities, Lucca holds its own in the top tier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014The service was OK but we had to ask a few times for bread after the waiter said he'd be right back with it but never showed up. I had the Sea Bass and it was not completely cooked thru. Edible but not appealing. And for the price, the portion was a bit small. My wife had papperdelle and the noodles stuck together making a mass of pasta. My sister had the Salmon and it was a bit on the rare side but she enjoyed it. We have eaten at your restaurant a few times before this night and have enjoyed our past dining experiencesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!RLTMSacDined on 8/5/2014Best part about this place is their cocktail program. Reasonably priced and always well balanced. Food was yummy too. Great quality at great prices. Got two entrees, split an appetizer, dessert and a cocktail for $60. Very reasonable for the quality!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 6PM seating before the Music CircusLovetoeatDined on 8/5/2014Our Server knew we were heading to the play, however at the end of our meal, we couldn't find her...We walked the bill to her. The salad I had was bland and the cuts of lettuce extremely hard to get onto the fork! The calamari was not too chewy but the sauce was on the plate first then the calamari on top...I didn't realize for a while that there was sauce!