Lucca Restaurant & Bar
1615 J St
Sacramento, CA 95814Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Lucca Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.luccarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9166695300
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Californian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Ian Macbride
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have several private dining options for you to enjoy. Our Mirror Room is available for any occasion and comfortably seats 80+ guests. Long mirrors flank every wall with grace and elegance. For a lovely outdoor setting, our covered patio with waterfalls and a fireplace is also a dining option to consider for large parties or private parties up to 70 people. Our Starlight Patio is a lush private patio for smaller groups up to 30.
- Private Party Contact: Glenn Stewart 9166695300
A word from Lucca Restaurant & Bar
Nestled between Midtown and Downtown Sacramento, Lucca Restaurant offers a California Mediterranean influenced menu that is reasonably priced, with a vast selection of fresh and delicious menu choices. We seek to highlight the abundance of locally grown meats and produce while graciously serving you in a classy, comfortable and inviting setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
Lucca Restaurant & Bar - Best Restaurants in Sacramento ›
Lucca Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
200 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (129)fit for foodies (91)neighborhood gem (82)good for groups (73)special occasion (72)great for lunch (46)romantic (43)hot spot (31)vibrant bar scene (30)notable wine list (28)great for brunch (15)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (8)scenic view (4)Show More
- Homemade pasta, outside diningJ2014Dined on 10/20/2014This is a comfortable dining spot just minutes from the major hotels near the state Capitol. I booked outside patio seating which had heaters to ward off evening chill, small water sculpture and fireplace. It was very quiet and casual. The food was wonderful, had a great vodka martini $9 fresh chopped salad, housemade pappadrelle with mushrooms and housemade sausage. Bread and oil accompanied dinner and had housemade Apple pie filling in a bisquit with vanilla ice cream. There was a farm to table offering salad, local beef and apple filling bisquit for $27 per person. The inside seating and bar looked comfortable as well with limited noise level. Overall great find in Sacramento, go enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food!RenegadebbDined on 10/20/2014Good selection of menu choices. I was with a group from out of town and we all enjoyed the good. Service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little DisappointedSacvoterVIPDined on 10/20/2014First the great things. Lovely table for six near the fireplace. Treated under two child great. Nice waitress. But...burger ordered medium well was rare. And despite mentioning it was someone's birthday it was ignored, worse I was given a chocolate dessert to make up for the meat error. Nice but the birthday celebrant was clearly vegan. A couple of missteps.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014Marcus did a great job! Didn't care for the cauliflower but roasted red pepper and butternut squash was great!Special Features:
- Zucchini Chips!!!AnnieDined on 10/12/2014Lucca's zucchini chips are addictive; they are so yummy. A great start to the meal. Let's you know the rest of the food will be great. And it was!!! Gnocchi with Bolognese Sauce superb! Short ribs - some of the yummist ever in a restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greatdinner4twoDined on 10/10/2014My wife and I love it. The food is wonderful, the ambiance is beautiful, and the service is outstanding. We will definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Find!!!ajd1205Dined on 10/9/2014Our party of five dined at Lucca on the patio and had an amazing experience! The service was fabulous, the food was "chef inspired" and the ambiance was delightful! Our favorite entree (we got several and shared) was the pork chop. It's truly one of a kind with it's sweet, juicy marinade. The stuffed pepper was delicious and unique. The steak of the day got high marks but we all agreed the pork chop was our favorite with root vegetables, figs and roasted cauliflower. The roasted mussels were also unique and delicious. And finally the chocolate hazelnut tort is "slap your mama" delectable! We will certainly plan a trip back to Sacramento and Lucca will be in our itinerary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014Excellent food! The sweet potato soup was awesome.Special Features:
- LargoDined on 10/3/2014We think this is an excellent restaurant. We particularly like dining outside on the patio.Special Features:
- Excellent!BlossomDined on 9/27/2014Enjoyed our dinner and was please to find a vegan menu. The food was great!Special Features:
- Lucca does not dissapointPeterVIPDined on 9/27/2014Another great dinner at Lucca.The patio and front room were busy. We were seated in the back room. Was a little worried that service would suffer, but our server, Marco was outstanding. For as busy as it was, we had a well paced meal. Service was good. Compliments to the kitchen for keeping up with the crowd. Iron skillet mussels were great, as were our salads.. and my pork chop perfectly cooked. Lucca is one of the few places where the food is fresh, well prepared and the atmosphere very comfortable.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2014The soup was not hot, the food only so so. Of the 13 of us most would not return
- First Time = I was impressed!DisappointedDined on 9/22/2014A colleague of mine and I decided to go to Lucca for dinner after a long day at work in Sacramento, CA. After we each ordered a glass of red wine, my friend ordered the Summer Corn and White Bean Soup followed by the Mushroom Pappardelle pasta for his entrée. I ordered the Lucca House Chop Salad and the Lucca Spaghetti and Meatballs for my entree. In a word – delicious - on all accounts! For a Monday night, the place filled up very quickly. I suggest you make reservations, which I did. One final note: Our server, Alexis, did a great job.Special Features:
- good placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/21/2014Good food - comfortable atmosphere. I like their mussels, and salads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionsSmjrDined on 9/19/2014With the Open Table reservation we got a great outdoor table to celebrate our anniversary. The service was excellent with great suggestions for drinks, appetizers, main course, and dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Revisit Lucca'sMsCookDined on 9/18/2014Wonderful dinner for 4 on the patio at summers end. I had forgotten the rich taste of the skillet mussels appetizer and the seasonal pizzetta was exceptionally fresh and distinct. Enteees were all delicious. New waiter who seemed distracted!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemMicheleb0706VIPDined on 9/17/2014Unexpected find for sure! Looking at the menu in advance is what drew us in, but when we got there, we discovered it is much more. Comfortable setting, good service, and a nice menu. Really good overall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucca is one of my favorite places!McSupeDined on 9/15/2014I think Lucca has it all: the food is top notch; the service is very professional, helpful and not pushy. The "vibe" is friendly, warm and welcoming. It is one of my favorite places in Sacto to go. I normally go for lunch but the dinners are even better. Always feels like home. Casual yet cool. Just like me!Special Features:
- always a solid choiceThaurosDined on 9/13/2014Good solid food and service. A lively hot spot, especially on Saturday evenings, but very comfortable. Reasonably priced and excellently edited wine selection.Special Features:
- YummyNatalieRose24Dined on 9/13/2014Never had a bad meal here! I LOVE the calamari, has onion, bell pepper and kalamata olives. Always ask for extra dipping sauce with it though..Special Features:
- Made a great day even betterCrzycatladyDined on 9/13/2014They got are table ready for 7 people and an infant one of the members of our group was in a wheel chair plus we had a stroller. The waiter did not rush us and answered questions for the people in our group who have diet restrictions. The food was awesome!!! My friend ans I split an order of the best calamari ! Yum! I had a pasta dish with house made sausage and mushrooms & three of the people in our group had the Luca burger and they said that you could taste each flavor Yum! Two others in our group had the stuffed peppers and they enjoyed them as well. Our waiter was great he put up with our chronic indecision with a smile:-) next time I am in Sacramento I will have lunch or dinner at Lucca's !Special Features:
- Liked LuccabdubthnksDined on 9/11/2014Nice decor, warm ambiance, good menu, & decent service. Picked Lucca randomly and was pleased with the choice. The zucchini chips were okay; but would have been better with some type of dip or hummus. The risotto was prepared perfectly but a tad under-seasoned. Tables were a tad close so the waitstaff had to squeeze in between our table to serve the party next to us. We slid our table over so we would have more distance. I like the feel of Lucca. The outside area looked nice & cozy. The menu has several options & I will dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in SacramentoyearbookrepDined on 9/3/2014Two of the most memorable meals I have ever had have been at Lucca's. They have the best of everything from the service to the meal itself. Can't wait for our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service!CMCODined on 8/31/2014The bartender was our server, and she was terrific, considering we had 6 for dinner and she had people at the bar as well! We are never disappointed at Lucca.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnnsieVIPDined on 8/28/2014The service was just a bit slow, but the servers were helpful. We sat out on the patio--very pretty with lots of trees nearby. Located right on J Street, Lucca's patio is just a bit noisy, but pleasant, nonetheless. The grilled salmon salad is simply delicious--good fish, cooked right, with a shredded lettuce salad that was terrific: wonderful flavor and texture.Special Features:
- RowLuciRowLuciDined on 8/24/2014Love to eat here after a matinee. It makes for a lovely afternoon.Special Features:
- Theatre date nightLocalDinerDined on 8/23/2014Lucca is a nice place to dine when planning a trip to the theater. THe patio is very nice and the special have been delicious. Ask for the theater discount.Special Features:
- Great food and servicejonrikDined on 8/23/2014Took friends from out of town for dinner just before Music Circus. Had a fabulous meal, cocktails and nice wine. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Quick bite after the theaterteachermom1954VIPDined on 8/23/2014This was a great place. Walking distance from the theater and food was good. We were on a time crunch because my son in law was in the production and had to get back for the next show. Food was delivered quickly and was great. We were taken very good care of by our server.Special Features:
- A great after theatre spot!redlucyDined on 8/23/2014My party of three came for dinner after the theatre. The service was very good. We had a reservation and were seated right away. We chose a pinot grigio to start that was lovely, the wine list is very good. Next came bread followed very quickly by the main meal. Each of us had something very different from chicken picata to the Lucca burger. All very good. We shared a tasty desert and it was lovely. The place is busy, and a bit noisy, but the ambiance is lively and fun. A great place to meet with friends. However, make a reservation, it can get very busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Dining Experience!lincolntravlerDined on 8/23/2014We always begin and end our Music Circus season tickets with a dining visit to Lucca's. The food is consistently excellent and the service superb. We dined on the patio and enjoyed the beautiful evening. Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- notthebestDined on 8/22/2014Poor service. We were seated at s table next to J st even though we said away from street. Restaurant was not Busy. Water was poor. We had to ask for specials. Never did give all specials we had to hear from water at next table. Once decide my special was not available (rib Eye) Water forgot chopped salad. Long wait for food. water couldn't remember if he brought cocktails or not?My new york was fair at best. Ordered medium. came back well done. When you spend 200 dollars on a meal you want good service. Service was poor and food was average at best. We have dined here many times and have not been wowed but service was good and food ok. I will not be bringing family back again. Amazing what a bad experience does.Special Features:
- Marginal at BestFinanceGuyDined on 8/22/2014Dining alone while on business is always problematic, so I shouldn't have been surprised when I was shown to a grungy little table in the bar area. At least I was by the window, but then the odor of a nearby dumpster started wafting through the air every so often. Waiting ten minutes for the barkeep to come take my order wasn't helping and I was just about to leave when she finally stopped by. After another long wait I was presented with a big overcooked mass of fried calamari and some mystery vegetable shavings on a bed of indeterminate red sauce that was barely edible. The only saving grace of this place was the pasta and shrimp dish which was pretty good. I skipped dessert and I won't be back as there are much nicer places to be ignored.
- Delicious Food & Super ServicesactofoodieDined on 8/22/2014The dinners were fantastic. Cooked to perfection and served piping hot. Another couple asked to join us at the last minute and we were accommodated without a fuss. The wait staff are flawless. Attentive without being annoying. I love Lucca and will continue to enjoy the food and service as often as possible. It's my favorite choice for dinner before attending events and the Music Circus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great happy hourlocalfavDined on 8/22/2014the service is great and the happy hour keeps us coming back. It is a great spot before a Music Circus performanceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal and great serviceGiantsDined on 8/21/2014Very friendly folks and beautifully presented food. The gnocchi had a yummy red meat sauce and not an overdone cream sauce which is usually the norm. Definitely will return again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hot plate lukewarm risottoTripleDDined on 8/20/2014We were there Wednesday night before Music Circus. Two of us ordered Chicken Risotto. Both were in hot bowls but the Risotto was lukewarm. My waitress offered to heat it up. My sister did not want to "make a fuss" and did not want to return her meal. When my Risotto came back it was like soup! When I pointed this out to the waitress she said the chef said that is what happens when it it micro-waived. I told her I did not want the meal. She offered to order something for me and I declined. My daughter liked her salad and polenta and my wife liked her short rib. My meal was deducted from the bill. No manager ever came over to the table and no other adjustment was made to the bill.
- SherryDined on 8/20/2014First time here - wow! My husband had the Chicken Picata and I had Linguine and Prawns. Both were outstanding. My husband doesn't normally like Italian food but he's ready to come back here! Great job! We'll be back!Special Features:
- Great foodShllzDined on 8/19/2014The staff was friendly, courteous and prompt. The food was delicious. We sat outside on the patio and it was very nice. Will definitely be returning to Lucca's.Special Features:
- Strained Politeness...LovitAlFrescoDined on 8/17/2014Not everyone wants to spend $20 on a main course of Salmon to find out there is an additional charge for the vegetables ($6) and a salad ($7)...EVEN if one CAN afford it. So, I settled for the Penne dish for $14. I liked the spicy flavor, but it wasn't all that great. I ordered an Iced Tea while we waited for a friend to join us it didn't appear to be even a 16oz glass for nearly $3 and I was never offered a refill, but I did manage to get one fairly quick upon request. Our waiter was nice, but it felt like strained politeness and he seemed to take on a snooty air when I asked about the vegetables. I will say that the Parmesan fries w/black truffle aïoli was flipping amazing! But, all-n-all, I don't think I'll be heading back anytime soonSpecial Features: