Lucca North End
226 Hanover St.
Boston, MA 02113Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Lucca North End
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.luccaboston.com/
- Phone: 6177429200
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm; Bar Menu: Daily: 5:00pm - 12:15am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Patrick Duffy
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have four private rooms that can accommodate anywhere from ten up to one hundred guests. Email us or call us directly for additional information and availability
- Private Party Contact: Tania vonMagnus 6177429200
- Entertainment: Yes
A word from Lucca North End
Lucca has become one of the most talked about restaurants in Boston. Zagat survey names them, 'Best New Italian Restaurant' and they won a coveted Best of Boston award for their elegant and lively bar. Whether you join them for a relaxing dining experience or a little later for cocktails and to sample their late night menu, you will be won over by Lucca's elegant charm and warm ambiance.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lucca North End reviews from OpenTable diners
111 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (58)romantic (44)notable wine list (42)fit for foodies (41)neighborhood gem (40)good for groups (22)scenic view (14)vibrant bar scene (12)hot spot (11)late-night find (10)great for outdoor dining (6)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Always goodEJLADined on 8/25/2014Came in for a business dinner this week, and they sat us at one of the tables by the window. We didn't realize it was Dine Boston week, but that turned out to be a happy accident. I tried the Wild Boar appetizer for the first time, and it was phenomenal. Followed that with the Rigatoni Bolognese, which I've ordered every time I've been, and it didn't disappoint. The desserts weren't especially great, but I was already full from the prior two courses anyway. The only down side to the meal was our waiter seemed to disappear for long stretches and never quite gave a direct answer to a question. That said, I'm sure I'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KimmiekupkakeKimmiecupcake70Dined on 8/23/2014We frequent lucca. Didn't mind the noise, the waiter who was having a rough nite or hour wait for food. DID MIND that the food was cold and overdone and our guests (who had never been to the north end) meal had a big thick long black curly hair in it. That ruined the night. $280.00 wasted. Won't go there again.
- Lucca never failsmoviemavenDined on 8/23/2014This visit was my third to Lucca, and it never fails to wow me! We had boar, duck, and chicken and each one was better than the last. We could not help sharing and raving about each dish. Thanks!Special Features:
- WonderfulTbzzVIPDined on 8/23/2014Great service and delicious food. We were warmly greeted at the door and made to feel right at home. There were 3 of us and we all were very pleased. Two of us asked for changes to our dishes and were accommodated. I had the gnocchi and asked that it be served with a marinara. The pasta was perfect and the sauce simple and delicious. Just a totally wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/21/2014During our three day stay near the north end we treated ourselves to three different Italian restaurants. We thought Lucca's was the best overall. The food and service we both excellent. The Cinghiale was especially excellent. We would highly recommend Lucca's.Special Features:
- Flavorful ItalianIlovebmorediningDined on 8/20/2014A friend recommended this place and we were delighted with our experience. All staff was super nice and the food was delicious and flavorful. First off, the bread basket had two Yummy choices with an awesome basil butter and olive oil side for dipping. I got a lobster pasta dish that had huge chunks of lobster and a rich, but not too rich cream sauce which I would get again. Water glass was always full and I left feeling full and happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ExperienceRIVisitorDined on 8/5/2014We went for our anniversary, and had an amazing time. Table was ready on time, friendly, knowledgeable staff, amazing food. Made a note it was our anniversary and the owner came by to congratulate us, and sent a complimentary dessert. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, rude serviceKellyVIPDined on 8/4/2014The food at Lucca is undeniably delicious. However, with so many equally delicious options in the North End, I would caution people to avoid this restaurant due to the poor service our group received last night. Our waiter was visibly annoyed when we asked questions about the menu, tried to take away almost every dish when we clearly weren't even half finished, and was overall unpleasant - no greeting, no hint of a smile, just acted like we were a huge inconvenience despite our large order that resulted in a nice tip for him (we believe in good tipping regardless of poor service for a living wage). Overall, we felt rushed and unappreciated when we should have felt warm and welcome. Don't recommend.
- Great First DateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014I had a first date here and had a wonderful experience; Food, wine, and service were top notch. I will definitely come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!NixDoesBostonDined on 7/18/2014The location of this is fantastic. Sit by the window and you get a great view as people walk by. The food is good, about as good as Italian can get, but nothing to really go out of your way for. I'd go back.Special Features:
- Great choicesgc2Dined on 7/18/2014Absolutely delicious. Friendly service. Reminded me of Rome. Totally recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- business dinnerMarcADined on 7/14/2014We had a very enjoyable dinner. The food was very good and the service was attentive. Jen the bartender was a scream, very fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not great.Henrysmom1Dined on 7/12/2014The restaurant is in a great location in the heart of the North End. The service was very gracious, but a little innatentive- they were busy. The food was good but not great. Some dishes were better than others. Overall a fine experience, but we have had better in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- SteveDined on 7/12/2014Too noisy. Food was great but Lucca Back Bay is a much nicer restaurant. A much more enjoyable experience.
- Meraviglioso!ChicagoAnnVIPDined on 7/12/2014We had a wonderful expereince dining from the very creative menu offered by Lucca North End, and the service was excellent. We enjoyed people watching on Hanover and really appreciated the excellent, attentive service.Special Features:
- Average ItalianChappaqua5423VIPDined on 7/8/2014Went to Lucca looking for a great North End find but was disappointed. The food was nothing special and clunky. Had to ask 3 times for the mozzarella bread, which was heavy and tasteless. The pasta with broccoli rave and sausage was drowned in cream and the rigatoni, while spicy, had no finesse. Too bad -- much better choices to be found
- Delicious, but overpricedLocalVIPDined on 7/8/2014Similar meals can be had at a lower price point within the North End
- RusticroncVIPDined on 7/6/2014Food is meat lovers dream great rustic dishes service was ok small but intimateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved Lucca!!NC7176Dined on 7/5/2014Delicious food and great service! The people who work at the restaurant were outstanding -- very warm and welcoming. We dined there for a birthday celebration for our adult son and they accommodated my request for a window table and surprised him with tiramisu with a candle. He was even serenaded by street musicians! It was a memorable evening. A perfect spot for a summer dinner in the North End. PS. I loved the scallops.Special Features:
- Great place to celebrate!GoodeDined on 6/27/2014We enjoyed our food immensely--the lobster pasta was amazing! The service was equally impressive. People watching from a window table was fun. We will be back next time we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding DinnerLowCarberVIPDined on 6/27/2014We are Northenders who haven't been to Lucca's for many years. We found it was definitely a great place. Our meals were great. Their cucumber vodka was superb. We sat at the window and it was fun to watch to action on Hanover Street. We even indulged on dessert. We will be back!Special Features:
- LuccaRonMacVIPDined on 6/27/2014Lucca has excellent food, service, and ambience. Very busy, but each diner gets the attention they deserve. I would recommend to anyone at anytime and will go back as often as I can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wife loved the eveningWillyCDined on 6/25/2014Bread is super. The oil is light and so tasty. Our first course choices were off the charts. Main course meals were great and traditional. The gelato we had as part of our desert was so creamy and smooth that it exceeded anything we had in Italy and in our home area of north eastern New Jersey. Dinner here is a must.Special Features:
- North end DiningStephVIPDined on 6/24/2014There are many great restaurants in Boston's North end and there are also some notable excellent ones, Lucca is one of the notable ones. Not a huge menu but the point is that everything on the menu is excellent, everything. Try them all and it might be hard to choose a favorite.Special Features:
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Keeping it simple: Great food, better waitstaff. We were a group of seven and couldn't have asked for a better experience. Prices were standard for North End, though portions were comparatively smaller but still filling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great business dinnerFritzDined on 6/18/2014Food was exactly what I was hoping for from a North End restaurant, especially since I prepped my clients for a classic Boston night out (trip to Mike's at the end). Only gripe is the speed of service; waiter hit us hard up front for wine, then disappeared for like 30 min before we even saw a menu. Kitchen wasn't the slow part, as the food came out in normal timeframe, but the slow menu deliver almost made Lucca a wine-only event for our relatively large group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightCathyDined on 6/14/2014Good North End location. Great food , energetic, attentive service. Perfect for date night or out with friends.Special Features:
- Lovely foodCgavinDined on 6/14/2014This was our first time in Boston and couldn't have chosen a better restaurant to end our trip with. The basil-bean dip for the bread was delicious and the Cavatelli was really tasty. I was quite impressed with the wine list as well- a great selection. However, the one drawback is that "energetic" does not justly describe the noise level. It sounded like a sports bar more than anything. Understanding this is not the restaurant's fault, I will never get why some people feel the need to scream at the person sitting across from them at the table..Special Features:
- WonderfulLovetoeatDined on 6/14/2014We had a wonderful window table as requested. You could watch the excitement on Hanover St. The food was outstanding. Wonderful flavors blended togetherSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence repeatedCrazy2dineDined on 6/6/2014Every time we visit Lucca, we always have an amazing experience! The servers are quick and knowledgeable and the food is exquisite! The manager always stops by our table and chats with us which always rubs us the right way and enhances our experience! My husband and I have a five year old daughter who accompanies us and they always cater to her. We will continue visiting Lucca once or twice a month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding meal.JoyfulDined on 6/1/2014The salmon with Israeli couscous was outstanding. Seasoned and cooked perfectly--medium rare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty goodJFoodieVIPDined on 5/31/2014Many more places to choose from, was good though.Special Features:
- SelectivedinerVIPDined on 5/30/2014Very accommodating for a large party (8) but noise level downstairs was high, inhibiting cinversation. Excellent food and terrific service; would definitely return.Special Features:
- Great dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014Bill was our waiter and he was very attentive. I had the oriechette (sp?) and it was delicious. Great ambiance as well.Special Features:
- Love Lucca - North EndOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/29/2014The people at Lucca never fail to deliver. Another outstanding meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- favoritefoodisgoodDined on 5/24/2014One of our favorites in the North End. Dinner is always exceptional, it does get a bit noisy in the lower level but never out of hand.Special Features:
- Rushed service ruins the mealmainelyfoodDined on 5/23/2014The meal would have been fine had I been allowed to eat it in a reasonable time frame. My appetizer plate was taken away as I was wiping a little sauce from the plate and my main course was placed down. So I let it sit while I took a breather and, of course, the meal was cold when I began to eat. When asked if I didn't care for the meal, I told the waiter I needed time between courses and so it was too cold to eat...it didn't seem to bother him. And, the restaurant wasn't even close to full...
- OKNTDnowDined on 5/17/2014The waiter was a very nice. He found a place to charge my son's iphone. He provided really good service. It was a Saturday night on a graduation weekend. The North End was bustling and so was the restaurant. Nice atmosphere. Wine that I got for a reasonable price was good. The food was ok, not great. I didn't particularly like the calamari appetizer. The main course of gnocchi, a dish I like and order frequently, was not as good as other places where I have had it. Dessert was fine. The dinner was expensive for what you get. We had a nice graduation celebration, but I doubt I would go back.
- lovely evening in north endpostconcertpatronDined on 5/15/2014ambiance was great, asked for and got a window table, and because the night was so nice, they opened up to outside. Lovely meal, fun spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sorry - I don't do reviewsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/13/2014The food was very good. Besides the food, I was more focused on the conversation with my two dinner mates than jotting info down for a review. thanks.Special Features: