6507 Quail Hill Parkway
Irvine, CA 92603Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.luccacafe.net/index.html
- Phone: (949) 725-1773
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am - 12:00pm;
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am-2:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, European, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Cathy Pavlos
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from LUCCA
A Euro bistro & wine bar where casual friendliness meets chic, big-city elements. LUCCA features seasonal high-quality ingredients that are free-range, hormone-free meats & locally grown organic produce.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
LUCCA reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (42)fit for foodies (42)great for outdoor dining (28)great for lunch (19)notable wine list (19)special occasion (13)great for brunch (11)good for groups (11)romantic (6)kid-friendly (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Bravo to Lucca!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/19/2014We enjoy being "regulars" at this delightful Bistro....The Fall menu change is great, excellent wines at all price points, warm ambience, excellent service and the selection of cheese is impressive. Gracie Mille....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place to,relax with wonderful foodDianneDined on 11/15/2014We sat in the patio with heaters. It was comfortable and quiet. I had the swordfish and it was excellent. My sister had the raviola and said it was tasty and light. My husband had the Bologense and said it was very good. We ordered the bread pudding to share but it was more like a cake than pudding although it was good. We enjoyed our dining experience but will probably not be back soon as we live far south and stopped on our way home from the theatre at Segerstrom. Wish we had a Lucca or Provence near San Clemente.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent Every TimeckmgoDined on 11/14/2014We've been to Lucca's several times for dinner. It never disappoints. The food is always superb and the service top notch. You certainly get what you pay for here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/14/2014Excellent restaurant although it can be very noisy. My guess is the restaurant was short staffed becasuevthevwaiter, whom I know from his previous restaurant, was not in top for and service unexpectedly slow.Special Features:
- Nice mealrobrDined on 11/8/2014Went on short notice. Just a little jem of a place. Top-drawer food and friendly, attentive service. Will go again.Special Features:
- lucca for lunchLunchGuyDined on 11/7/2014One of the nicer places to have lunch in the area. Enjoy their salads. A little pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service top not hMusicMomDined on 10/31/2014Our server was terrific, helping me choose dishes that were to my picky tastes, even bring me a taste of soup to see if the spices used were palatable to me. I needn't have feared, as all the foods were delicious yet not overly seasoned. The healthy dishes brought out the way thoughtfully prepared dishes should highlight and blend tastes. A delightful dessert provided for the birthday customer without asking was a delightful surprise. We wil be back to this lovely charmer of a restaurant.Special Features:
- Overall very goodBigfatsoDined on 10/28/2014The food is excellent and for the most part priced fairly. There is an extensive albeit overpriced wine list. The service was excellent ... friendly, informed, diligent but not intrusive. We will return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014We brought our two grandsons, 18 and 20, for the younger one's birthday, and it was a nice fit, a step above the usual fare for them but not intimidating. The waiter was very attentive and the food delicious.Special Features:
- Don't botherCoupleluv2dineDined on 10/17/2014My husband and I would frequent this restaurant when it first opened, raved about it to our friends and brought others to it to dine. We went back the other night with a reservation and got not the best table. Ok glass of wine..do you want a half or full glass? We opted for full glass. It was barely half a glass, but they said it was a full glass..ok $15 a glass. Menu had changed and now included sliders. This used to be fine dining,small plates,artfully krafted. The starter we shared was adequate. My husband's dish came out almost 10 minutes before mine and it was barely warm,which he did mention and they did discount 10%off. My dish ok for scallops,not as described,risotto was sticky with no taste...WOULD NOT GO BACKSpecial Features:
- No longer a gem.luv2eatoutDined on 10/12/2014Our last three dining experiences at Lucca's have been a big disappointment. We have been twice for lunch and once for dinner. Of the three visits, dinner was the best, though quite expensive when compared to similar restaurants. The service has been fair and the lunches comparable to coffee shop quality. I fear Lucca's is living off it's past reputation when it was one of my 'go to' places. I will no longer 'go to' Lucca's.
- Fantastic!2sonsrfoodiesDined on 10/4/2014LUCCA has the best food I have ever consumed, without a doubt! The menu, preparation, and service are more than 5 STAR!Special Features:
- lmdineVIPDined on 10/4/2014Great food and great service. Did not enjoy two very young kids on table next to us screaming. Very difficult to have conversations and relax. I know it is difficult to control this, but families should be more sensitive towards others who come to restaurant to relax and have a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet placeeatingismyhobbyDined on 10/3/2014My husband and I came here to celebrate my birthday without the kids. And while we love fine dining, I decided against our typical go to cities for a celebration (Newport or Laguna Beach) because I just didn't feel like dealing with the crowds and the scene. Lucca was the perfect place. It is located in a quaint neighborhood center and truly you don't sacrifice the quality of food for the obscure location. Fantastic food & service. I don't really give out 5 stars, so 4 is pretty high for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!thefoxDined on 10/3/2014We had a marvelous weekday meal. the service outstanding and the food excellent...you've got to try the Sunday Sauce!Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood SpotLunchingGalDined on 10/2/2014A friend told me about Lucca otherwise I probably would of never found it tucked in a random strip mall. Great service, good food, great wine list. Nice patio as well but we choose to sit inside as super hot outside. Took clients, was quite enough to chat business and did not feel rushed to turn the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently WonderfulLifeisgoodVIPDined on 10/1/2014We always know that we will get wonderful service and fantastic food at this neighborhood gem. The seasonal fare is combined into wonderful tastes and plated so beautifully.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeSkipitVIPDined on 9/30/2014Lucca never fails! Great menu. Great food. Great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Left me hungryBeastVIPDined on 9/28/2014I ordered the artichoke, grilled, and the large size plate of lamb (5 bones.) my meal was approximately $40 before alcohol. I am a smallish person who doesn't over eat but when I left Lucca I was still very hungry. I had to go home and have dinner again, as did everyone in my party. Although one of the lamb chops was so over cooked i did not even try to cut into it. It looked like a piece of leather even with the bacon sauce. FYI - every bite tasted of bacon, not lamb. And the artichoke was served cut in half but un cleaned, the fuzzy part of the heart was still present. The server didn't notice any of these things, nor did he notice that my friend and I got to eat steak and lamb with a butter knife.Special Features:
- delicious and uniquefoodiefriendDined on 9/27/2014We had two delicious specials a smoked mushroom appetizer over wilted spinach and bacon and the swordfish over parmesan risotto and edamame puree. The flavors were amazing. The Gundelache Cabernet was fruity and smooth. We also tried their hamburger and fries, it was one of the best we have had. I would recommend this place to anyone. We sat outside on the patio. It is in a strip mall, but the patio is isolated enough that it isn't offensive. The inside of the restaurant has an interesting layout, it is on the small side, so I would recommend reservations. We ate early so there was no crowd, but by the time we were leaving it was getting full.Special Features:
- My Go-to Place for LunchTanjafDined on 9/23/2014With the lack of good stand alone resturants in Irvine (the home of every chain resturant known to man), Lucca's is a gem. The food is always fresh and well prepared. The service is always good.Special Features:
- Excellent, as alwaysSyd18Dined on 9/19/2014Everything we ordered was absolutely delicious. The pork tenderloin was particularly good, as were the lemon tart and the berry-peach cobbler. We were dining with another couple who had not eaten at Lucca before, and I'm sure they will be back! The only slight downside was that there was a large group, and they were pretty noisy some of the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchMimiVIPDined on 9/14/2014Best French toast ever! Great suggestion from waiterSpecial Features:
- Good food, inconsistent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014This was only my 2nd time having lunch at Lucca. My first visit was great so when I needed to take a client to 1.5hr lunch, I choose them again. Although the restaurant was only 60% occupied, our server took 20 mins to take our order & another 25 before our meals arrived. She also neglected to refresh our drinks while we waited on the patio. We ate quickly, only consumed a portion of our meals before leaving in a rush - disappointed.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/6/2014Poor service, not a good value for the cost. Good flavor, but would not go back.
- Over-pricedTellLikeItIsDined on 9/5/2014$15.00 charge for a 6 oz glass of sauvignon blanc at lunch is utterly outrageous. The $8 listed on the menu was for a "tasting" portion of 3 oz. I will never go there again, especially because the hostess seem to care less when I reported it after I saw the bill at home. That's the reason for the 1 star for service.
- ChrisDined on 8/29/2014Loved the cheese and charcuterie appetizer, short ribs were outstanding as was the New Zealand sole.Special Features:
- Never Disappoints!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/26/2014Love the food; always try something different and I'm always happy! Service rocks!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchAandDDined on 8/24/2014After the obligatory cinnamon role which we could not pass up, we had the apple stuffed pancakes and California frittata. Both were excellent. I don't know what the secret spice is in the pancakes, but their flavor is unique and really good. The frittata was served as ordered and had just the right amount of heat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Things have changedBiewelDined on 8/21/2014Lucca was one of our favorites for years but things have changed. Menu used to be innovative and full of imagination but has become the same old same old you can find anywhere. Service while not bad is just lack luster. Plates for the main course came out 5 minutes apart (table for 2!). Pork Belly on a stick was nothing but fatty bacon bunched up on a skewer, Duck Confit was dry and over powered by the sauce, Scallops cooked correctly but boring sauce and tasteless.
- Delicious & ConsistentckmgoDined on 8/15/2014This was my fourth visit to Lucca. Each time the quality of the food is impeccable. It's a real treat to dine here, and I especially like it being in Irvine. It's hard to find quality like this here. It's not cheap, so be prepared to pay for the experience. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Good eats!SuzjerDined on 8/9/2014Good food, atmosphere,and got right in at our reservation. Loved the varied food selections.Special Features:
- Not the sameDiscerningDinerVIPDined on 8/9/2014This was my second time here and I didn't realize they only offer a brunch menu on Saturdays, anyhow the food was nowhere near as good as my first visit, we were a party of three and none of my companions were very happy with their meals. I know I won't go for brunch ever again.
- Food was very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/8/2014Service was polite, but our entrees arrived at three different times - and not just a few minutes apart. That broke up our meal too much for the price you pay here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/3/2014We eat at Lucca a lot. Excellent food. Cheese plate one of the best anywhere - including great experiences in Europe. Sunday two of us had the special, Beef Wellington, it was very good. Our wives had fish - both very pleased. Entries so good we splurged on desert - not disappointed. My only complaint was our waiter seemed to get lost for brief moments - we were tucked away. Inconsistent service does not take away from the great food at Lucca; but they do need to address.Special Features:
- GdubDined on 8/1/2014slow service during work lunch and signature dish was ordinary
- Unusual Food Policy3522VIPDined on 7/31/2014Entrees are served when the chefs get to them. If you are with others expect to be served at different times. This is NOT just the small plate menu so be prepared to be the only one at your table eating. It's awkward & unnecessary. Management says it's the owners policy. My main course was sent back twice because it was cold. This is not acceptable especially when there were 2 occupied tables.
- Sunday brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014Always great food especially at this time of the year with fresh, garden vegetables. I had eggs in purgatory. I wanted to lick the plate when I finished the dish because the tomato salsa was so delicious. Also, their breakfast potatoes were unique and blended well with the sauce, eggs and cheese. The only disappointment was that they had already run out of cinnamon rolls by the time we got there. Oh well, next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but not greatTigreVIPDined on 7/26/2014Second time at Lucca - meal just OK - disappointing. Halibut was fairly tasteless with competing accompaniments - like sister restaurant Provenance quite a bit moreSpecial Features:
- Hidden Gemcoach4lifeDined on 7/25/2014Tucked away in qual hill shopping center, Lucca has a limited menu in which all the selections are very tasteful. This is my second time at the restaurant:1st with a group, 2nd with my wife. The food presentation was tasteful. The serving size was enough. I thought the cost was pricey. The service with the group was better than with my wife. I'm not saying it was terrible, but I thought more attention would have been given to us especially since there weren't many tables. There is only one restroom for the men, so you have to wait unlike the women's restroom which can accommodate multiple users.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 355 reviews are from the LUCCA reviews archive.