6507 Quail Hill Parkway
Irvine, CA 92603Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.luccacafe.net/index.html
- Phone: 9497251773
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am - 12:00pm;
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am-2:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, European, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Cathy Pavlos
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from LUCCA
A Euro bistro & wine bar where casual friendliness meets chic, big-city elements. LUCCA features seasonal high-quality ingredients that are free-range, hormone-free meats & locally grown organic produce.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
LUCCA reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (44)fit for foodies (38)great for outdoor dining (30)great for lunch (20)notable wine list (16)great for brunch (14)special occasion (11)good for groups (10)romantic (6)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Overall very goodBigfatsoDined on 10/28/2014The food is excellent and for the most part priced fairly. There is an extensive albeit overpriced wine list. The service was excellent ... friendly, informed, diligent but not intrusive. We will return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014We brought our two grandsons, 18 and 20, for the younger one's birthday, and it was a nice fit, a step above the usual fare for them but not intimidating. The waiter was very attentive and the food delicious.Special Features:
- Don't botherCoupleluv2dineDined on 10/17/2014My husband and I would frequent this restaurant when it first opened, raved about it to our friends and brought others to it to dine. We went back the other night with a reservation and got not the best table. Ok glass of wine..do you want a half or full glass? We opted for full glass. It was barely half a glass, but they said it was a full glass..ok $15 a glass. Menu had changed and now included sliders. This used to be fine dining,small plates,artfully krafted. The starter we shared was adequate. My husband's dish came out almost 10 minutes before mine and it was barely warm,which he did mention and they did discount 10%off. My dish ok for scallops,not as described,risotto was sticky with no taste...WOULD NOT GO BACKSpecial Features:
- No longer a gem.luv2eatoutDined on 10/12/2014Our last three dining experiences at Lucca's have been a big disappointment. We have been twice for lunch and once for dinner. Of the three visits, dinner was the best, though quite expensive when compared to similar restaurants. The service has been fair and the lunches comparable to coffee shop quality. I fear Lucca's is living off it's past reputation when it was one of my 'go to' places. I will no longer 'go to' Lucca's.
- Fantastic!2sonsrfoodiesDined on 10/4/2014LUCCA has the best food I have ever consumed, without a doubt! The menu, preparation, and service are more than 5 STAR!Special Features:
- lmdineDined on 10/4/2014Great food and great service. Did not enjoy two very young kids on table next to us screaming. Very difficult to have conversations and relax. I know it is difficult to control this, but families should be more sensitive towards others who come to restaurant to relax and have a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet placeeatingismyhobbyDined on 10/3/2014My husband and I came here to celebrate my birthday without the kids. And while we love fine dining, I decided against our typical go to cities for a celebration (Newport or Laguna Beach) because I just didn't feel like dealing with the crowds and the scene. Lucca was the perfect place. It is located in a quaint neighborhood center and truly you don't sacrifice the quality of food for the obscure location. Fantastic food & service. I don't really give out 5 stars, so 4 is pretty high for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!thefoxDined on 10/3/2014We had a marvelous weekday meal. the service outstanding and the food excellent...you've got to try the Sunday Sauce!Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood SpotLunchingGalDined on 10/2/2014A friend told me about Lucca otherwise I probably would of never found it tucked in a random strip mall. Great service, good food, great wine list. Nice patio as well but we choose to sit inside as super hot outside. Took clients, was quite enough to chat business and did not feel rushed to turn the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently WonderfulLifeisgoodVIPDined on 10/1/2014We always know that we will get wonderful service and fantastic food at this neighborhood gem. The seasonal fare is combined into wonderful tastes and plated so beautifully.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeSkipitDined on 9/30/2014Lucca never fails! Great menu. Great food. Great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Left me hungryBeastVIPDined on 9/28/2014I ordered the artichoke, grilled, and the large size plate of lamb (5 bones.) my meal was approximately $40 before alcohol. I am a smallish person who doesn't over eat but when I left Lucca I was still very hungry. I had to go home and have dinner again, as did everyone in my party. Although one of the lamb chops was so over cooked i did not even try to cut into it. It looked like a piece of leather even with the bacon sauce. FYI - every bite tasted of bacon, not lamb. And the artichoke was served cut in half but un cleaned, the fuzzy part of the heart was still present. The server didn't notice any of these things, nor did he notice that my friend and I got to eat steak and lamb with a butter knife.Special Features:
- delicious and uniquefoodiefriendDined on 9/27/2014We had two delicious specials a smoked mushroom appetizer over wilted spinach and bacon and the swordfish over parmesan risotto and edamame puree. The flavors were amazing. The Gundelache Cabernet was fruity and smooth. We also tried their hamburger and fries, it was one of the best we have had. I would recommend this place to anyone. We sat outside on the patio. It is in a strip mall, but the patio is isolated enough that it isn't offensive. The inside of the restaurant has an interesting layout, it is on the small side, so I would recommend reservations. We ate early so there was no crowd, but by the time we were leaving it was getting full.Special Features:
- My Go-to Place for LunchTanjafDined on 9/23/2014With the lack of good stand alone resturants in Irvine (the home of every chain resturant known to man), Lucca's is a gem. The food is always fresh and well prepared. The service is always good.Special Features:
- Excellent, as alwaysSyd18Dined on 9/19/2014Everything we ordered was absolutely delicious. The pork tenderloin was particularly good, as were the lemon tart and the berry-peach cobbler. We were dining with another couple who had not eaten at Lucca before, and I'm sure they will be back! The only slight downside was that there was a large group, and they were pretty noisy some of the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchMimiVIPDined on 9/14/2014Best French toast ever! Great suggestion from waiterSpecial Features:
- Good food, inconsistent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014This was only my 2nd time having lunch at Lucca. My first visit was great so when I needed to take a client to 1.5hr lunch, I choose them again. Although the restaurant was only 60% occupied, our server took 20 mins to take our order & another 25 before our meals arrived. She also neglected to refresh our drinks while we waited on the patio. We ate quickly, only consumed a portion of our meals before leaving in a rush - disappointed.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/6/2014Poor service, not a good value for the cost. Good flavor, but would not go back.
- Over-pricedTellLikeItIsDined on 9/5/2014$15.00 charge for a 6 oz glass of sauvignon blanc at lunch is utterly outrageous. The $8 listed on the menu was for a "tasting" portion of 3 oz. I will never go there again, especially because the hostess seem to care less when I reported it after I saw the bill at home. That's the reason for the 1 star for service.
- ChrisDined on 8/29/2014Loved the cheese and charcuterie appetizer, short ribs were outstanding as was the New Zealand sole.Special Features:
- Never Disappoints!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/26/2014Love the food; always try something different and I'm always happy! Service rocks!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchAandDDined on 8/24/2014After the obligatory cinnamon role which we could not pass up, we had the apple stuffed pancakes and California frittata. Both were excellent. I don't know what the secret spice is in the pancakes, but their flavor is unique and really good. The frittata was served as ordered and had just the right amount of heat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Things have changedBiewelDined on 8/21/2014Lucca was one of our favorites for years but things have changed. Menu used to be innovative and full of imagination but has become the same old same old you can find anywhere. Service while not bad is just lack luster. Plates for the main course came out 5 minutes apart (table for 2!). Pork Belly on a stick was nothing but fatty bacon bunched up on a skewer, Duck Confit was dry and over powered by the sauce, Scallops cooked correctly but boring sauce and tasteless.
- Delicious & ConsistentckmgoDined on 8/15/2014This was my fourth visit to Lucca. Each time the quality of the food is impeccable. It's a real treat to dine here, and I especially like it being in Irvine. It's hard to find quality like this here. It's not cheap, so be prepared to pay for the experience. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Good eats!SuzjerDined on 8/9/2014Good food, atmosphere,and got right in at our reservation. Loved the varied food selections.Special Features:
- Not the sameDiscerningDinerVIPDined on 8/9/2014This was my second time here and I didn't realize they only offer a brunch menu on Saturdays, anyhow the food was nowhere near as good as my first visit, we were a party of three and none of my companions were very happy with their meals. I know I won't go for brunch ever again.
- Food was very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/8/2014Service was polite, but our entrees arrived at three different times - and not just a few minutes apart. That broke up our meal too much for the price you pay here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/3/2014We eat at Lucca a lot. Excellent food. Cheese plate one of the best anywhere - including great experiences in Europe. Sunday two of us had the special, Beef Wellington, it was very good. Our wives had fish - both very pleased. Entries so good we splurged on desert - not disappointed. My only complaint was our waiter seemed to get lost for brief moments - we were tucked away. Inconsistent service does not take away from the great food at Lucca; but they do need to address.Special Features:
- GdubDined on 8/1/2014slow service during work lunch and signature dish was ordinary
- Unusual Food Policy3522VIPDined on 7/31/2014Entrees are served when the chefs get to them. If you are with others expect to be served at different times. This is NOT just the small plate menu so be prepared to be the only one at your table eating. It's awkward & unnecessary. Management says it's the owners policy. My main course was sent back twice because it was cold. This is not acceptable especially when there were 2 occupied tables.
- Sunday brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014Always great food especially at this time of the year with fresh, garden vegetables. I had eggs in purgatory. I wanted to lick the plate when I finished the dish because the tomato salsa was so delicious. Also, their breakfast potatoes were unique and blended well with the sauce, eggs and cheese. The only disappointment was that they had already run out of cinnamon rolls by the time we got there. Oh well, next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but not greatTigreVIPDined on 7/26/2014Second time at Lucca - meal just OK - disappointing. Halibut was fairly tasteless with competing accompaniments - like sister restaurant Provenance quite a bit moreSpecial Features:
- Hidden Gemcoach4lifeDined on 7/25/2014Tucked away in qual hill shopping center, Lucca has a limited menu in which all the selections are very tasteful. This is my second time at the restaurant:1st with a group, 2nd with my wife. The food presentation was tasteful. The serving size was enough. I thought the cost was pricey. The service with the group was better than with my wife. I'm not saying it was terrible, but I thought more attention would have been given to us especially since there weren't many tables. There is only one restroom for the men, so you have to wait unlike the women's restroom which can accommodate multiple users.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorites!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014I've been here several times and it is always a pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not that great.OCFoodieVIPDined on 7/18/2014My husband and I dined here on a Friday night and it wasn't that busy. The menu is confusing. Food was good but not great. Service was good. I had read about this restaurant being one of OC's best restaurant's of the year and had high expectations but I was really disappointed. Also, no full bar, beer and wine only.Special Features:
- A Big DisappointmentDisappointedVIPDined on 7/17/2014We had been to Lucca's for lunch and thought it was good. How can a restaurant be good for lunch and mediocre for dinner? Well, it was. The food was blah...tasteless. Our waiter was good and explained to us that he brings the food once it is prepared to enhance its freshness. There were four of us and our meals came at different times, about 15 minutes apart. This meant that you didn't really have a meal with friends. It meant that you observe your friends having their meal. Awful service format! It made it easy on the kitchen since they don't have to time the the food preparation so everyone can eat at the same time. However, it certainly does not take into consideration the comfort and enjoyment of the meal by their customer.
- Love this place!SoCalTouristVIPDined on 7/17/2014The food is exceptionally fresh and delicious. Everything is flavorful as if it is homecooked but still restaurant quality. Their cobb salad is totally my favorite and it's HUGE! The pastas are all great as well. I enjoy the sunday sauce and chicken marsala but you can't go wrong. Their mahi mahi on any of their dishes is also very delcious - fresh, light, and tasty! Service is always great. I love Adolfo and a few others that I unfortunately don't know the name of. The coffee drinks are also a total treat! You wouldn't expect superior coffee / espresso drinks from a place with such great food but it's also off the charts. Oh.. and if you can't tell, they have enough amazing wine to last through a zombie apocalypse.Special Features:
- Good food in a casual atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014Lucca remains a place to get good, sometimes great, mediterranean food in a casual atmosphere. Our server was excellent; she recommended a change to a wrap I was considering (the mediterranean wrap - put it on a baguette instead of in a wrap; the wrap can get wet from the vegetables), which was a very good suggestion. It can get noisy at lunch, but not so much that I couldn't hear my table mates.Special Features:
- Food unique and deliciousCindysueDined on 7/16/2014The menu is very interesting and creative...new and different salads that are delicious and healthy. Nice outdoor patio that could accommodate a large party. It's a favorite for lunch!Special Features:
- Very enjoyable evening.BigfatsoDined on 7/12/2014Unlike some past reviews we found the service to be excellent, from the initial greeting to the server himself. The menu is a tad limited, particularly on the pastas. The charcuterie plate was superb, as was the pasta carbonara. The pasta primavera was good but not great according to my wife. There is a good selection of wines by the glass, and some choices are rather reasonably-priced. Prices are not cheap, but are not out of line with the size of the portions and the quality of the food.Special Features: