6507 Quail Hill Parkway
Irvine, CA 92603Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.luccacafe.net/index.html
- Phone: 9497251773
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am - 12:00pm;
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am-2:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, European, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Cathy Pavlos
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from LUCCA
A Euro bistro & wine bar where casual friendliness meets chic, big-city elements. LUCCA features seasonal high-quality ingredients that are free-range, hormone-free meats & locally grown organic produce.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
LUCCA reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (46)fit for foodies (42)great for outdoor dining (36)great for lunch (32)notable wine list (19)great for brunch (19)good for groups (16)special occasion (16)romantic (9)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- ChrisDined on 8/29/2014Loved the cheese and charcuterie appetizer, short ribs were outstanding as was the New Zealand sole.Special Features:
- Never Disappoints!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/26/2014Love the food; always try something different and I'm always happy! Service rocks!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchAandDDined on 8/24/2014After the obligatory cinnamon role which we could not pass up, we had the apple stuffed pancakes and California frittata. Both were excellent. I don't know what the secret spice is in the pancakes, but their flavor is unique and really good. The frittata was served as ordered and had just the right amount of heat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Things have changedBiewelDined on 8/21/2014Lucca was one of our favorites for years but things have changed. Menu used to be innovative and full of imagination but has become the same old same old you can find anywhere. Service while not bad is just lack luster. Plates for the main course came out 5 minutes apart (table for 2!). Pork Belly on a stick was nothing but fatty bacon bunched up on a skewer, Duck Confit was dry and over powered by the sauce, Scallops cooked correctly but boring sauce and tasteless.
- Delicious & ConsistentckmgoDined on 8/15/2014This was my fourth visit to Lucca. Each time the quality of the food is impeccable. It's a real treat to dine here, and I especially like it being in Irvine. It's hard to find quality like this here. It's not cheap, so be prepared to pay for the experience. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Good eats!SuzjerDined on 8/9/2014Good food, atmosphere,and got right in at our reservation. Loved the varied food selections.Special Features:
- Not the sameDiscerningDinerVIPDined on 8/9/2014This was my second time here and I didn't realize they only offer a brunch menu on Saturdays, anyhow the food was nowhere near as good as my first visit, we were a party of three and none of my companions were very happy with their meals. I know I won't go for brunch ever again.
- Food was very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/8/2014Service was polite, but our entrees arrived at three different times - and not just a few minutes apart. That broke up our meal too much for the price you pay here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/3/2014We eat at Lucca a lot. Excellent food. Cheese plate one of the best anywhere - including great experiences in Europe. Sunday two of us had the special, Beef Wellington, it was very good. Our wives had fish - both very pleased. Entries so good we splurged on desert - not disappointed. My only complaint was our waiter seemed to get lost for brief moments - we were tucked away. Inconsistent service does not take away from the great food at Lucca; but they do need to address.Special Features:
- GdubDined on 8/1/2014slow service during work lunch and signature dish was ordinary
- Unusual Food Policy3522VIPDined on 7/31/2014Entrees are served when the chefs get to them. If you are with others expect to be served at different times. This is NOT just the small plate menu so be prepared to be the only one at your table eating. It's awkward & unnecessary. Management says it's the owners policy. My main course was sent back twice because it was cold. This is not acceptable especially when there were 2 occupied tables.
- Sunday brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014Always great food especially at this time of the year with fresh, garden vegetables. I had eggs in purgatory. I wanted to lick the plate when I finished the dish because the tomato salsa was so delicious. Also, their breakfast potatoes were unique and blended well with the sauce, eggs and cheese. The only disappointment was that they had already run out of cinnamon rolls by the time we got there. Oh well, next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but not greatTigreVIPDined on 7/26/2014Second time at Lucca - meal just OK - disappointing. Halibut was fairly tasteless with competing accompaniments - like sister restaurant Provenance quite a bit moreSpecial Features:
- Hidden Gemcoach4lifeDined on 7/25/2014Tucked away in qual hill shopping center, Lucca has a limited menu in which all the selections are very tasteful. This is my second time at the restaurant:1st with a group, 2nd with my wife. The food presentation was tasteful. The serving size was enough. I thought the cost was pricey. The service with the group was better than with my wife. I'm not saying it was terrible, but I thought more attention would have been given to us especially since there weren't many tables. There is only one restroom for the men, so you have to wait unlike the women's restroom which can accommodate multiple users.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorites!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014I've been here several times and it is always a pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not that great.OCFoodieVIPDined on 7/18/2014My husband and I dined here on a Friday night and it wasn't that busy. The menu is confusing. Food was good but not great. Service was good. I had read about this restaurant being one of OC's best restaurant's of the year and had high expectations but I was really disappointed. Also, no full bar, beer and wine only.Special Features:
- A Big DisappointmentDisappointedVIPDined on 7/17/2014We had been to Lucca's for lunch and thought it was good. How can a restaurant be good for lunch and mediocre for dinner? Well, it was. The food was blah...tasteless. Our waiter was good and explained to us that he brings the food once it is prepared to enhance its freshness. There were four of us and our meals came at different times, about 15 minutes apart. This meant that you didn't really have a meal with friends. It meant that you observe your friends having their meal. Awful service format! It made it easy on the kitchen since they don't have to time the the food preparation so everyone can eat at the same time. However, it certainly does not take into consideration the comfort and enjoyment of the meal by their customer.
- Love this place!SoCalTouristVIPDined on 7/17/2014The food is exceptionally fresh and delicious. Everything is flavorful as if it is homecooked but still restaurant quality. Their cobb salad is totally my favorite and it's HUGE! The pastas are all great as well. I enjoy the sunday sauce and chicken marsala but you can't go wrong. Their mahi mahi on any of their dishes is also very delcious - fresh, light, and tasty! Service is always great. I love Adolfo and a few others that I unfortunately don't know the name of. The coffee drinks are also a total treat! You wouldn't expect superior coffee / espresso drinks from a place with such great food but it's also off the charts. Oh.. and if you can't tell, they have enough amazing wine to last through a zombie apocalypse.Special Features:
- Good food in a casual atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014Lucca remains a place to get good, sometimes great, mediterranean food in a casual atmosphere. Our server was excellent; she recommended a change to a wrap I was considering (the mediterranean wrap - put it on a baguette instead of in a wrap; the wrap can get wet from the vegetables), which was a very good suggestion. It can get noisy at lunch, but not so much that I couldn't hear my table mates.Special Features:
- Food unique and deliciousCindysueDined on 7/16/2014The menu is very interesting and creative...new and different salads that are delicious and healthy. Nice outdoor patio that could accommodate a large party. It's a favorite for lunch!Special Features:
- Very enjoyable evening.BigfatsoDined on 7/12/2014Unlike some past reviews we found the service to be excellent, from the initial greeting to the server himself. The menu is a tad limited, particularly on the pastas. The charcuterie plate was superb, as was the pasta carbonara. The pasta primavera was good but not great according to my wife. There is a good selection of wines by the glass, and some choices are rather reasonably-priced. Prices are not cheap, but are not out of line with the size of the portions and the quality of the food.Special Features:
- Quaint with excellent serviceDiscerningDinerVIPDined on 7/10/2014This was our first time here and can't wait to go back. We sat outside on the patio and received excellent service from our server Adolfo. he was very attentive and gave us a free brownie dessert which was amazing!!! The Linguine with shrimp was out of this world delicious and my picky teenage daughter absolutely loved the summer cob salad. All in all this was one of our better forays as we eat our way thru Orange County.Special Features:
- OrganicmomDined on 7/1/2014My family and I ate for the first time at Lucca last week. My kids enjoy quality food and were treated as guests which I appreciated. We tried many items starting with a cheese and meat tray, lamb chops, large stuffed Ravioli, pork tenderloin and more. Everything was tasty. We will definitely going back in the near future.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014the service was very slow, and food was mediocre and expensive and we sat waiting for 15 min or more with no one checking on us, and it wasn't the busy time of the day...very disakppointing way to celebrate fathers day.....we won't do it again...
- Fun and funky menuwinewishDined on 6/14/2014The dinner menu is a Mediterranean mix with some small plates and some entree style formats. Perfectly cooked lambchops were the winners of the evening.Special Features:
- Bad birthday brunchAlondraughDined on 6/14/2014As a yelper I give the place one star! Horrible food and service. Waitress was horrific. Not even one smile.Special Features:
- Lunch with co-workersLunchBreakDined on 6/13/2014We had a great time at Lucca. We went for lunch and sat outside, the weather was nice and that helped too. The service was very friendly and ready to suggest or explain the menu. Once the food was brought to our table we did not see the server again until he offer the dessert menu, yet he was attentive to other tables around us. The food was great, very tasty and reasonable size plates. The prices were a bit high but since the food was so good it was well worth it. We all liked it a lot and would recommend to anyone to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently the best there isLifeisgoodVIPDined on 6/11/2014Love the dinners at Lucca but you really cannot have a better lunch, either. Stopped in since we were in the neighborhood and had a wonderful meal presented with impeccable service even though they were extremely busy. Thank you Adolfo (sp?) The salmon special over the house made penne with a Vodka sauce was perfectly seasoned and cooked. John declared the Certified Angus Beef Tri-Tip and Havarti Cheese Sandwich made with Marinated Certified Angus Beef Tri Tip Steak roasted to medium rare, sliced and served with Havarti Cheese, Caramelized Onions, Oven-Roasted Tomatoes, Organic Lettuces and Mustard Sauce the best Tri Tip he has ever had. So glad that Lucca retains the highest quality in their ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Accommodating for our groupOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/8/2014We usually go to Lucca as a couple and have always loved the food and ambiance. This time we were with a family group of 11, and were pleased to see the experience there was just as good, though different due to the group dynamic. We were placed at the far end of the patio where we were able to interact easily without disturbing other diners. The food was fabulous as always, and our server was very helpful and accommodating.Special Features:
- Foody OasisFoodyHikerDined on 6/7/2014This restaurant is a breath of fresh air from the ho-hum corporate chain restaurants that dominate Irvine. The food is fresh, not ingigantic portions and comes in tapas style or more traditional entrees. The spot is great too, particaulrly as we took a late afternoon hike along the Quail Hill trails just up the road. An excellent end to a two-hour gentle hike in one of the few undeveloped spots left in Irvine. The eclectic wine list is well worth exploring.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We thought it might be a jokeACashDined on 5/16/2014I think our waiter was stoned - rude, forgot about us, clanked dishes twice, dropped and broke our glasses once, talked strange. Freaked us out. Other restaurant staff had to know something was up yet nobody came to help, apologize or anything.
- Always greatItaliaDined on 5/15/2014Love the food. The Tartine on the special menu was delish. Love the staff always friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- Mothers Day buffetMommyDined on 5/11/2014The food is always great at Lucca,the service was not on this visit,and we felt like they had taken on to many reservations. The place felt cramped.Special Features:
- Too expensive for what it isOuroborosVIPDined on 5/10/2014It's a casual neighborhood restaurant with decent (albeit under-seasoned) food made from good ingredients. There's nothing wrong with that, but the prices are 30% higher than either the ambiance/service or the food merits. They need to either step up their game to justify their prices or lower their prices to a level more befitting of their game.Special Features:
- Delicious fresh and natural foodNycgirlVIPDined on 5/10/2014I love Lucca you always walk out with a smile. The food here is one if the best in the area. They have a very good wine listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice lunch for an afternoondonna1Dined on 5/10/2014The food was very good. especialy the sandwiches. We sat on the patio so I would not be able to rate dinning inside. The patio was a very nice setting for breakfast or lunch. Probably would be nice for dinner too. Service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The cinnamon rolls are a mustNeighborVIPDined on 5/10/2014The pancakes are also light and fluffy. My frittata was a little over cooked and the side salad was over dressed. The service was excellent. I wasnT going to try it because the reviews for service was not favorable, but I think they got that taken care of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as usualkt1954Dined on 5/8/2014One of my favorite OC restaurants but not up to usual level on my last visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUS as usualAzBookendVIPDined on 5/8/2014Have been to Lucca's on several occasions and this one did not disappoint. Food is truly farm to table fresh and there was not one complaint among the 9 of us. Truly delicious in all ways and the wait staff was on point as usual. The only thing missing is spirits, though the wine and list is eclectic enough to satisfy most palettes and pairings. Thanks for another wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 329 reviews are from the LUCCA reviews archive.
- Don't expect to eat with your partyLovesCakeDined on 5/3/2014The place was nice but they don't bring out the food at the same time for the table. So I ate while my wife watched and then she are and I watched. It made for a very awkward dinner.