Lucca Back Bay
116 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Lucca Back Bay
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.luccabackbay.com/
- Phone: (617) 247-2400
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner daily 5:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian
- Executive Chef: Andres Cruz
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our elegant mezzanine dining room seating 40 guests.
- Private Party Contact: * 6172472400x
A word from Lucca Back Bay
From creators of the acclaimed North End restaurant, Lucca, Lucca Back Bay features upscale, regional, contemporary cuisine in Boston's Back Bay.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lucca Back Bay reviews from OpenTable diners
110 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (62)special occasion (45)good for groups (40)notable wine list (39)romantic (29)neighborhood gem (29)vibrant bar scene (19)late-night find (10)hot spot (9)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (3)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Enjoyed the Restaurant WeekGaryKVIPDined on 8/22/2008Enjoyed the Restaurant Week menu. Waiter seemed somewhat inexperienced and not super attentive. A little too noisy but that seems to be the case everywhere these days!
- Tasted fine, nothing too special.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/21/2008Tasted fine, nothing too special. Boyfriend got extremely sick. We think from the Beef.Special Features:
- Went in the summer with anEatsMcEatersonDined on 8/21/2008Went in the summer with an old friend, The beet risotto was superb!Special Features:
- Food was good we had the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/18/2008Food was good we had the restaurant week menu. Everything was very goodSpecial Features:
- I would not recommend it toOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/15/2008I would not recommend it to anyone. Food was so so, not worth the money at all.
- Hello, Very accommodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2008Hello, Very accommodating because originally I made the reservations for 4 and then I called the day before to see if they can accommodate 6, no problem. Then I find out I need a 7th seat, again they said no problem. One of the seven (out of town) had problems getting into Boston, he was late. Didn't matter, once he arrived they took his order right away and he was actually eating a few minutes after we received our food. The food was excellent, no complaints The wait staff, host etc. were unbelievable, always making sure everything was good. It was very nice experience and would definitely return. Thank you, DonnaSpecial Features:
- The food was absolutely excellent!KathiVIPDined on 8/15/2008The food was absolutely excellent! The tastes were addictive -- we had the watermelon and goat cheese salad, the arugula, fennel and pecorino salad, the striped bass and the pasta with sweet and spicy sauce. We have added Sasso to our very favorite restaurants list and will recommend it highly to our foodie friends. By the way, we learned about this restaurant from the open table site. Thanks! CathySpecial Features:
- The atmosphere was brilliant.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/15/2008The atmosphere was brilliant. My husband and I took advantage of Restaurant Week. His meal was great. Being a Vegan I was challenged with the menu selection but was even more frustrating when the manager and chef made no attempt to offer to prepare something for me.Special Features:
- The restaurant was very noisy.OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/14/2008The restaurant was very noisy. The dessert seemed like it was plated many hours in advance as the sauce was dried on the plate. Since all courses were ordered at once at the beginning of the meal, the server did not make a point to ask for a coffee or after dinner drink. I had to ask and then wait to eat my dessert until my coffee was served.
- The restaurant was very loudOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/14/2008The restaurant was very loud and voices echoed; probably due to high ceilings and wide open space. Service was curt and waiter had no personality. We will not go back. Food was fair.
- My experience at Sasso RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/14/2008My experience at Sasso Restaurant was memorable. The food was excellent and the services was superb. The menu is a great reflection of carfully designed courses for fine dining. The choices for the Boston Restaurant Week meals were creative and not skimpy. I look forward to ordering from their standard, but not ordinary, menu. I will return and recommend Sasso to any one looking for a special culinary experience.Special Features:
- We dined here for restaurantMBBostonVIPDined on 8/13/2008We dined here for restaurant week, therefore we didn't really get the full, usual experience. Still, the food was quite good and the service was even better. Very professional and attentive. The space itself isn't terribly inspiring or romantic--it's a bit cavernous--but overall the experience was lovely.
- I had been before for appetizerssbromDined on 8/13/2008I had been before for appetizers and drinks - both of which were amazing. We returned for restaurant week and were not disappointed. The food and atmosphere are great for an evening out with friends or a romantic date.Special Features:
- The food was lovely. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/12/2008The food was lovely. Service was very good. Just the room is loud. Great for people watching. The menu for restaurant week was incredible. The orcchiette was the quinticential comfort food. The Beet rissotto was sublime - one of the best things I've eaten in the last few years.Special Features:
- Ted Kenedy personally helpedCatherineVIPDined on 8/12/2008Ted Kenedy personally helped service our table. He was so good w/ my grandson.I would highly recommend his restaurant.Special Features:
- This was not just anotherOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/11/2008This was not just another Italian restaurant. I was very impressed with the creativity of the dishes as well as their rich and complex flavors. I tried Sasso for restaurant week, but I would definitely return to experience the full menu. Also, from the bar to the table, the service was excellent.Special Features:
- It was hard to see from theSharon123Dined on 8/11/2008It was hard to see from the street and we drove right by it. The valet was very friendly and efficient. We were greeted immediately and seated. The room decor was comfortable-chic. The food was VERY good and attractive (chilled tomato soup and cod/corn cakes for me, beet risotto and short ribs for my husband). The wine list was comprehensive. The wait staff was very attentive. It was Restaurant Week, and sometimes restaurants get all flustered, but Sasso was well organized and enjoyable. Would I go back? Sure!Special Features:
- I enjoyed Sasso's RestaurantjojoDined on 8/10/2008I enjoyed Sasso's Restaurant week menu. I was delicious. The ambiance was a bit stuffy and no conversation from the service staff. I enjoy Lucca in the North End much more.Special Features:
- Sasso had an outstanding menu,OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/26/2008Sasso had an outstanding menu, impecable presentation and very attentive service. The chef used seasonal, fresh ingredients to create unique dishes that were delicious. I will definitely return!Special Features:
- While visiting Boston withOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/23/2008While visiting Boston with my Girlfriend, I wanted to take her to a romantic place for her birthday. Sasso was wonderful, the ambiance was very pleasant and the food and service was very good. We had a very nice time and she was very impressed with the entire experience. I would recommend the restaraunt as a romantic, special occasion spot.Special Features:
- The entire experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/2/2008The entire experience was exceptional. The wine, the food and the service were all impeccable. I would recommend Sasso to anyone.Special Features:
- It was a great restaurantTobyKVIPDined on 6/28/2008It was a great restaurant for pre-Symphony. We reserved for 6:00 pm and had plenty of time to enjoy our dinner and walk to the theater. A few other theater goers were there as well. Our server was attentive and very knowledgeable about the menu and specials. Nice experience overall.Special Features:
- Waiter was excellent. ExtremelyOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/26/2008Waiter was excellent. Extremely knowledgable and very friendly.Special Features:
- The food was excellent. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/21/2008The food was excellent. We eat out in Boston at least twice a month and found this to be one of Boston's best kept secrets!Special Features:
- Food and service were veryPickyDinerVIPDined on 6/12/2008Food and service were very good, but prices were a bit disproportionate to the quality and quantity of food. The space is much too loud -- very difficult to carry on a conversation.
- There needs to be more ofOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/10/2008There needs to be more of a variety onthe menu. I was not pleased with the food.
- The restaurant is elegantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/7/2008The restaurant is elegant and the menu has some very interesting selections but, even though the food was nicely prepared, the taste was not outstanding. We expected more for the high prices they charge. Also, we had told them in advance that we were celebrating a birthday in our group of 4, and they didn't do anything special to acknowledge that (ie no candle in desert). I don't think we would dine here again.
- We had an enjoyable diningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/31/2008We had an enjoyable dining experience prior to our night at The Pops. We dine in town 6-8 times per year. With so many restaurants to choose from in Boston, I doubt that we would choose Sasso again. Our best wishes for their success! Milton, MA
- The staff successfully triedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/30/2008The staff successfully tried very hard to make our evening special. The chef prepared a special dessert sampler with a special off menu chocolate fondant that everybody and all chocolate lovers did or would appreciate.Special Features:
- Gnocchi appetizer was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/30/2008Gnocchi appetizer was very good. Not sure quality overall is comparable with the prices.Special Features:
- Good place to catch up withOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/27/2008Good place to catch up with a group of friends or for a business dinner. Menu was good. Food was good not great. Table next to us had the same thoughts. If I'm in that area and wanted to have an outstanding dinner with excellent service and a great wine list - I'd go to Sorrellina.Special Features:
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/22/2008The food and service were good but it seems overpriced relative to other good Boston restaurants.
- lobster dish for 32.00 hadOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/22/2008lobster dish for 32.00 had just a smigion of lobster....all pasta...quite disappointing
- Maybe not a "rare find," butOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/19/2008Maybe not a "rare find," but a "wonderful find." I discovered Sasso a year ago, went twice during the same Boston stay, and brought friends with me this time. We were delighted by the ambiance, food, service, and wine.--Also, Boston Mag thought prices were high; my threesome from upstate NY thought they quite reasonable considering quality, location, etc.Special Features:
- Very much enjoyed the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/17/2008Very much enjoyed the service as always. We have become regulars here ecause of late-night theater goers accomodation,Special Features:
- it was good, wasn't blownpinkyVIPDined on 5/16/2008it was good, wasn't blown away by meny choices and they had a terrible dessert menu, we left and went somewhere else for dessert. not 1 chocolate item on dessert menu
- Delighted to find a firstOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/10/2008Delighted to find a first class restaurant in the Copley square neighborhood. Martini's were great too. We look forward to returning.Special Features:
- Our experince was good. OneOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/10/2008Our experince was good. One suggestion would be to have some type of chicken on the menu.Special Features:
- Unnecessarly restrictive.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/8/2008Unnecessarly restrictive. When I asked to order (NOT substitute) an additional vegetable that typically is served with an entree that I was not eating, I was told that I couldn't do that becasue all dinners are proportioned and couldn't be changed. While we were there between 7:15 and 8:45, there were three tables in use in the dining room.
- The food was creative andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/3/2008The food was creative and comforting, the rigatoni was very delicious. Very nice server, very informative and helpful. Delicious chianti. A bit overpriced for pasta, and the portions were a little smaller than most places. But, overall, the quality was better than most places so that made up for the small quantity. We plan to go back to celebrate something special.Special Features: