319 Walter Foran Boulevard
Flemington, NJ 08822Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lucasflemington.com/
- Phone: 9082849777x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Thurs noon to 10pm
Fri-Sat noon to 11pm
Sun 1pm to 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, French American
- Executive Chef: Luca Dimeglio
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full catering menu
- Entertainment: Music of Italy
A word from Luca's Ristorante
A refreshing departure from the ordinary; Luca’s Ristorante Flemington is inventive and original, all-the-while authentic regional Italian gastronomy. It’s Chef Luca DiMeglio’s personification of the soul of Ischia (Italy’s famous island wonderland, located off the coast of Naples) right here in the heart of suburban Flemington. Maintaining with the philosophies that make Italian food such a delight, Chef Luca believes in crafting every element of the dish by hand. Against the beautiful backdrop that is Luca’s dining room, you will begin your dining experience with a basket of assorted artisan breads, followed by one of his homemade pastas, or from a selection of one of the evening’s enchanting specials. The final touch; one of Chef Luca’s select desserts accompanied by the perfect cup of locally micro-roasted espresso or cappuccino. Benvenuti e Buon Appetito!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Luca's Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (13)fit for foodies (8)great for lunch (5)good for groups (4)romantic (4)special occasion (4)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Where is everyone?PatrickVIPDined on 10/16/2014Surprised that there were only 5 people total for dinner including us. Food is very good, and we like it being BYOB (although they also have wines from one NJ winery). The scarmoza appetizer was wonderful, as was the veal saltimbocca. Salmon with risotto a litte less so. But this place seems like a hidden gem.
- bobowitzDined on 10/3/2014Excellent - great menu selection that our waiter was easily able to elaborate on. Food was very good and the restaurant has a nice Italian abidance going on... we will be back :)Special Features:
- Lasagna is terrificOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/10/2014Excellent large portions good value nice place waiter knowledgeable all goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfecto!GraciasDined on 8/3/2014Great fine. Amazing bread followed by all the other great offerings! And we only sampled a few 50 layer lasagna, Veal, salads, calamari, figs..no room for moreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over-ratedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/2/2014wen there because of high reviews, disapppointed.. Only one waiter for the entire restaurant. food overcooked especially the salmon , pasta dish very little flavor, no air conditioning on during dinner
- Substantial, Delicious ServingsdrsometimesVIPDined on 8/1/2014My wife and I were visiting from Boston, Mass, so we couldn't bring home leftovers from the excellent seafood risotto, but we did bring back leftover campanelli, which served as a first course for dinner. Service was very good, and prices were reasonable. We will return if we visit Flemington again.Special Features:
- Off the beaten path findHMFoodieDined on 7/26/2014Though off a main road and set in a small mall, Luca offers a nice variety of specials, appetizers and entrees. The decor seems like you are in a part of Italy and service was good. The specialty lasagne was enough for 3 meals.Special Features:
- DinearoundVIPDined on 7/12/2014Wonderful food and ambiance. Would go back on a regular basis as there are so many wonderful menu selections to choose from! Service was good but there was only one server for all in the restaurant. He really hustled but they need someone to help him. Great place in an obscure little shopping center.Special Features:
- Great food!!!MM1965Dined on 7/11/2014Service was great!!! The food was all fresh and made from scratch!!! Portions were large for reasonable price. The ambiance was ethnic and amazing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian in Hunterdon CountyMKB9Dined on 7/8/2014Best upscale Italian in Hunterdon County and surrounding areas. Osso Bucco, Pork, Shank, and Lasagna were all delicious meals. I don't normally eat bread and theirs is homemade with several kinds and it is fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic gem!poponjDined on 7/6/2014My wife and I picked this place because of Opentable and what a gem! The food was fantastic and the service was excellent. I was so impressed with the food that I met the owner Luca and chatted with him for a few minutes. Great place, highly recommend!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 51 reviews are from the Luca's Ristorante reviews archive.
- Superb Italian FoodnwkdeldinerDined on 6/21/2014The food is amazing. Just baked bread on the table and the menu is not overwhelming. It's a great place to celebrate a special occasion or just a night out. The food is outstanding and plentiful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Meal! Large Portions!!BillBVIPDined on 6/5/2014First time visiting and we would definitely go back. Went on a Thursday and the restaurant was very quiet. Started with the figs wrapped in prosciutto which were very good. Had pasta campanelle as the entree and asked them to add asparagus. Just the right amount of heat from the spicy chile. Portion was more than enough and had to take a good amount home. The 50 layer lasagna was also a large portion. Had some the next day and it was delicious.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindElaineVIPDined on 5/31/2014Had a fabulous dinner here. Don't let the location in a strip mall location fool you, this is a top notch restaurant that serves innovative and delicious food! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real find in Flemington NJItalianfoodieVIPDined on 5/17/2014In Flemington Nj, in a strip mall off the beaten path from Main Street but well with the 5 minute trip because the food is right out of Italy. Freshest ingredients and tastes home made, out of Mama's kitchen. Breads and pastas are all made by the owner Luca. The lasagna is light and delicious, not to be missed. Portions are generous. Go hungry... but go. You will enjoy every mouthful.Special Features:
- A welcome findLocalFoodie007Dined on 5/12/2014There are a lot of Italian restaurants in this area, but the food at Luca's is a step above other family-style restaurants. All the past is made in house, and is perfect in taste and texture. The menu offerings are fairly broad, but don't make your decision until you hear the specials, which are fresh, unique and irresistible, at least to me and my dinner companions. I ordered the meat lasagna, mostly because the meat combination sounded amazing and I was intrigued whether they could really get 50 layers on one plate. The answer is yes, and it's worth it! Too much food for one meal but a wonderful lunch for two of us the next day. The bread is baked in house and almost worth spoiling your appetite over! Don't skip it entirely. Try it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014You'd be hard pressed to find another restaurant with this level of quality and care put into the food anywhere in the area. Everything from the pastas to the gelato is made in-house. The staff and friendly and knowledgeable. The menu is outstanding! Try the prosciutto wrapped figs. They are amazing! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Luca's!DeniseDined on 4/12/2014Have been dining at Luca's almost since he opened in 2005. We go at least twice a month. Food never disappoints us. We tend to eat late, so even arriving at 8:45-9:00 is never a problem. I am a fan of the figs appetizer, and we often order the antipasto. Luca's specialty lasagnas are wonderful. Homemade pastas are tasty, and cooked al dente. Chicken Giada is one of my favorite meals. We always go home with leftovers. Please do not be put off if restaurant is not crowded. Luca cooks his meals to order. Some people have issues with the straight-backed chairs, but if you've ever been to a "local" restaurant in Tuscany and smaller towns in Italy (as we have), the ambiance here is as near as Luca can possibly make it. BYOB!!Special Features:
- Authentic Italian Fare Found!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014My son became an Italian cuisine lover while studying in Rome, so we decided to take he and his girlfriend to dinner at Luca's (which my husband chose by the locale and stellar reviews.) We were pleasantly surprised with the wonderfully authentic Italian fare and the adorable ambiance. With so many wonderful choices on the menu, we decided that we can always return for the standard menu options and should try the specials, which in this case was a slice of 50-Layer Lasagna; one made with short-ribs and one made with lobster. The portions were immense and delicious. My son said Luca's serves the most authentic Italian cuisine he has found since he lived in Rome. We enjoyed it so much that we made another reservation to return right away!Special Features:
- Food was great. We were aPattyDined on 3/22/2014Food was great. We were a party of six for lunch. I was surprised that that the tip was included in our bill. The waiter told us that the restaurant's policy is to include the tip in the bill for parties of six or more.Special Features:
- Nice SurpriseCJDinersDined on 1/25/2014Tried for 1st time, nice small place, food very good. Jason, our server, sold us on the fig appetizer, which was better than expected. Very friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food as alwaysCcJcDined on 12/24/2013Love going to LUCAS the food is amazing - great blend of herbs and spices! the only thing that i did care for on this particular visit was the squid it came out rubbery - squid is a tricky one to cook anyways and it can happen at any restaurant - other then that FANTASTIC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little-knownLv2eatDined on 12/7/2013truly a hidden gem in our own backyard. We just happened to find out about it, and so glad we did. The food is great. It is like going to Ischia, Italy. A favorite of ours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was prepared withRobdDined on 12/2/2013Everything was prepared with pride. Everything from the figs wrapped in prosciutto, to the pear salad, the pastas, to the desert with gelato, to my cappuccino, were all prepared fresh! The braised short rib fell from the bone. The pasta was fresh and cooked to perfection, not over cooked or soft. The service was great. Our waiter was extremely attentive & took pride in every dish he served. We will definitely make this one of our regular restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time there wife's mealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/30/2013First time there wife's meal was great I did not like mine at all but they truly went out of there way to make up for it so we will be back again and try it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would recommend with reservationsalwayshungryVIPDined on 11/16/2013Food is fair to good. The only dish we had that I could honestly recommend was the "spinachi," a generous portion of a spinach fettuccine topped with okay meatballs. The mussels were just edible, the melanzane salad had too much vinegar, the paccheri dish was okay, the dessert, gelato, exactly what could go wrong? was inedible, like a cookie dough. They were doing a good business, the young, inexperienced staff was earning their tip money, the chairs are terribly uncomfortable, entrees were served before our appetizer dishes were taken away; well, if you live close by as we do, you might stop in again, but otherwise, not worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service. ParticularlChasboDined on 11/9/2013Great food and service. Particularly liked the homemade ravioli and pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!Rak225Dined on 11/9/2013What a fabulous find! Found this restaurant through Open Table and was extremely happy with the entire experience - great food, terrific appetizer selection, fabulous service and great flair for a party of 9. Can't wait to go back again and bring different family members and friends! Lots more dishes that I want to try on their menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow What A find!!!!luvtodineVIPDined on 11/4/2013We don't live in the area and found Luca's on open table. What a find it was outstanding!!!! Everything we had was excellent. Totally recommend to anyone who knows good food!!!!! We will certainly return on our next trip to the area!! Thank you Luca for a wonderful meal!!Special Features:
- The figs in proscuitto (starter)OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/31/2013The figs in proscuitto (starter) were tasty and beautifully presented. Also enjoyed the "King Clip" (fish special) over a lovely risotto, with jumbo shrimp, a generous portion. Another special entree was just OK, calamari & scallops over squid ink pasta had to be modified due to unavailability of the squid ink pasta (we've enjoyed Luca's squid ink pasta on prior visits). The homemade breads fresh from the oven were excellent (especially with house-made hummus spread). Overall we love the unique offerings at Luca's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our local favoritesJHackettVIPDined on 10/26/2013With the freshest homemade pasta around, and well prepared other dishes, Luca's has become one of our regular dining spots. We only wish they could acquire, train, and retain better quality waitstaff. They tend to staff local high school or college boys (why never any women?) many of whom have apparently never enjoyed a fine dining experience themselves. Our waiters tonight, while friendly, were never in synch, and distracted us from our date night over and over again. Go to Luca's for the excellent food; be prepared for less than stellar service however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantinftownDined on 10/19/2013You really can't beat Luca's. I've been 3 times, and every time was outstanding. The food there is incredible, highly recommend any of their pasta dishes (they make their own) or really anything else. My wife and I took my parents there, and even my father, who is highly critical of everything, loved it. The wait staff was friendly and very accomodating, and although it doesn't look like much from outside, on the inside the ambiance is quiet and romantic. Highly recommend to everyone, and I still think this is the best restaurant in Flemington. Did I mention the food is incredible?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucas never fails to amazeJakeCutDined on 10/15/2013Ive been to lucas multiple times and time after time I am impressed. I think they just put out a new menu as it was different from the other times I've been there. I had a dish that I believe was called a squid ink spaghettoni, it was one of their weekly specials. The pasta is all made in house so they are able to make this spagetti that is infused with squid ink. This is something I have never tried before, it was so intruiging I had to order it. The color was awesome it was black pasta, and a white garlic cream sauce, it looked interesting and tasted phenomenal. On top of that the service is very friendly and professional. I love lucas, and everyone I bring there is suprised to find that kind of italian dining in flemington.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedcjeatDined on 9/14/2013I'm always up for trying new places & given the positive reviews, Luca's seemed like a good bet. The atmosphere was nice, the staff friendly and we got a good vibe after being seated. Overall, the service was good except for the waiter serving my hot soup and hot appetizer at the same time; I expect that from a chain, not a quality independent restaurant. I was disappointed with some of the food. My partner had a chicken entree that she said was tasty, but the chicken was a bit dry. The risotto in my lobster trio was quite good as were the mussels, but the lobster tail was tiny and very tough, the scallops a bit mushy. The cannoli's I had for dessert were stale. A nice place, nice menu, reasonable prices, but the food was fair at best.
- Anniversaryrobn4qDined on 8/23/2013What a wonderful place for our 5th Anniversary. Quiet, clean and comfortable. The food was awesome and done just perfectly. Service was awesome and great care was taken to make sure we had a great dining experience. Would recommend to family and friends. Oops, almost forgot BYOB!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good LunchwineanddineVIPDined on 8/12/2013I was the only one dininig at 1:30 (not unusual for a Monday). I ordered the fromaggi as a starter. This $8 plate had a very good preserve and 5 or 6 cheeses, Italian as well as Cheddar and Blue. I'd say there was probably 12 to 15 ounces of cheeses and knew I would be taking half or more home for my cheese consumption for the rest of the week. It took a while for it to come and I was afraid my gnocchis would come out at the same time; they came within 2 minutes. The server was apolgetic and I asked it to be kept warm for another 10 minutes. I expressed that I was in no hurry and this should never have happened. The gnocchis were good; sauce seemed rich but a little bland (perhaps the cheeses clouded my taste). 3 1/2 to 4 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!!! taste of ItaliadramosDined on 8/4/2013Apart from the wonderful selection of bread that Luca makes himself, we started with some fresh and crispy calamari as an appetizer. Even the tomato sauce was homemade. Next came our main courses: a succulent NY strip Bistecca, a seafood lover's paradise - Luca's Paella, and last but not least the most remarkable swordfish special I have ever tried. Everything was superb and mouth watering The pasta and risotto are homemade providing customers with unique options such as bucatini, pappardelle and gnocchi to name a few The climax of my night was the tiramisu which conveniently translates to "pick me up." Oh boy! What a pick me up! Made with poignant coffee beans this dessert was like watching the fireworks after a day at the fair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic ItalianDanGVIPDined on 7/5/2013Luca's is well off the beaten path but worth the search. A clean and inviting decor provides a pleasant environment in which to enjoy a creative and diverse menu. BYO or try wines from a local vintner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Homemade pasta at Luca'sOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/28/2013We hadn't been to Luca's for a couple yrs and returned on a recent Friday nite, lured by homemade pasta on menu. We tried the special appetizer ("murcielagos") a squid ink ravioli with lobster filling, a tasty starter. For entrees we stayed with pastas. My husband's dish of Bucatini with Calamari was prepared mild per his request, a very generous portion, excellently prepared . Another special tempted me, "summer pork conchiglie" - described as a pulled pork with a mix of pasta, veggies and a lovely melty cheese. Interesting mix of flavors and textures, sort of a rustic dish, a huge portion. We finished with a refreshing "fior di latte" gelato. Luca's is an overlooked gem, easy to reach off Rt 31. We'll be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food Great ServiceShorkieVIPDined on 6/3/2013Very quiet as we went on a Monday night - but could not fault the food or service. We will be back - thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.