Luca's Ristorante of Somerset
2019 State Highway 27
Somerset, NJ 08873Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Luca's Ristorante of Somerset
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lucasristorante.com/
- Phone: 7322977676
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 11:00am - 10:00pm,
Friday & Saturday 11:00am - 11:00pm,
Sunday 12:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Andrea Di Meglio
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Delivery, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout
- Catering: For catering please refer to our website, www.lucasristorante.com and contact within for your orders.
- Special Events: Fixed price, course menus for New Years Eve, Valentine's Day
A word from Luca's Ristorante of Somerset
If you are seeking not just a great meal, but a great dining experience, you need look no further than Luca’s Ristorante Somerset. Tucked away on Rt. 27 between Princeton and New Brunswick, Luca’s Somerset is an oasis of authentic regional Italian cuisine. Offering modern adaptations of traditional dishes from Ischia, here you can enjoy hand-cut ravioli stuffed with Chef Andrea’s latest mouth-watering combinations, a selection of fish entrees so fresh that they evoke the Mediterranean Sea, or a filet of such quality that it is paralleled only by the accoutrement that accompany it. Our dining room décor is uniquely Ischitana, and goes to show that here at Luca’s Somerset, we understand that the difference is in the details. When you are done with it all, take in the cozy setting with a delicious dessert made from scratch, and the perfect cup of locally micro-roasted espresso or cappuccino. So please, be our guest.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Luca's Ristorante of Somerset - Best Restaurants in New Brunswick ›
Luca's Ristorante of Somerset reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (39)fit for foodies (27)special occasion (23)romantic (19)good for groups (16)great for lunch (12)notable wine list (5)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Excellent food!!!YoungcoupleDined on 8/17/2014This is a relatively hidden place with excellent food!!! It is located in a mall which limits the ability to standout but the interior is very nicely decorated and the food is amazing. It will be part of our frequent destinations for sure!Special Features:
- terrific restaurantSheriSVIPDined on 8/16/2014We absolutely loved our meal at Luca's. The calamari was perfectly fried and not too breaded. My chicken dish was outstanding as was my husband's seafood stew. Both were served very hot in a sizzling pot. We shared the death by chocolate which arrived in a coffee cup and it was well worth the 12 minute wait. Our waiter was wonderful and very efficient without being overbearing. Oh yes, the bread basket is amazing. Yum!Special Features:
- DJEaters12DJEaters12Dined on 8/15/2014The food was outstanding and the service was very friendly and attentive. The waiter was very helpful with the menu and all of his recommendations were great! It was our first visit and we will surely be back. The atmosphere was very interesting and made you feel like you were in Italy.Special Features:
- Great Italian mealNJFoodieDined on 8/14/2014I great find in our local strip mall! Once you enter Luca's you feel as though you have stepped into a restaurant in Little Italy. Great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So GoodPatrickVIPDined on 8/13/2014Our second visit. Shared a wonderful eggplant rollatini. One of us had chicken parmigiana and one had veal saltimbocca. Both were wonderful.
- JerzeesalVIPDined on 8/9/2014The food was really good here. We felt our server was a little too familiar. Or maybe just weird. At one point he asked me for my weapons...meaning my leftover utensils. There were other things, but he wasn't bad, just trying to be amusing, I think. We enjoyed our meal very much. A little pricey. Definitely need a reservation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulCassmanDined on 8/7/2014Excellent food. Every part of the meal was great.Special Features:
- Great Food!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/3/2014Best food ever!!! If you're looking for authentic Italian this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always delicious byobKimboVIPDined on 7/26/2014You can't go wrong ordering anything here. Always a delicious meal with great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Goodjordydog1Dined on 7/26/2014The food and ambiance at Luca's are very similar: comfortable and well executed. We always enjoy Luca's, whether it's take out or dine in. The wait staff is professional and sweet.Special Features:
- NylamomDined on 7/19/2014Was not disappointed. Everything was wonderful! Brought friends for the first time and they loved it also.Special Features:
- So fine!burmamaloves2Dined on 7/14/2014I adore Luca's! The food is excellent and the atmosphere is inviting and comfortable. Service is outstanding as well. "What's not to like?" As usual, there is no rush and an exceptional experience. Thank you soooo much for another wonderful, delicious meal which allows friends to bond and absorb a fabulous meat in a cozy environment. One of my favorite dining experiences.....and I am so grateful....Special Features:
- Great findladyreader1VIPDined on 7/12/2014We were recommended by friends and we are so happy to have found this wonderful restaurant. The menu is great with so many wonderful selections and everything tasted fresh and presentation was excellent. Looking forward to our next visit. It is good to find a good old-style Italian restaurant .Special Features:
- donnagramDined on 7/12/2014The food, service and ambiance were outstanding. A wonderful dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- July 10 2014 dinnerItailanfoodpro1Dined on 7/10/2014A total of 5 of us went to Luca's for the first time. The ambiance was nice, friendly staff but for the most part this is where it stopped. It took a very long time for us to receive our dinners. (Over 60 minutes) with only one ceaser salad as an appetizer. Between the 5 of us we each ordered different meals. Chicken parm, lasagna, pasta, and another chicken dish. The only meal that was so good that you would rave about was the pasta. Oh by the way the white merlot wine was very good. Based on the food taste and extra long wait I would not recommend Luca's. There are too many real good Italian restaurants in NJ to eat at. Believe me I have grown up eating homemade and restaurant style Italian food in NY and NJ. Don't waste your time hereSpecial Features:
- Excellent foodLove2eatoutDined on 7/6/2014This is the second time I've been here and the food was delicious! We had the mussels marinara, lobster callolini and the chicken past with bolanaise sauce. Every time I come here, food never disappoints me. However we were seated next to a large group of people that had a toddler that screamed loudly a couple of times during dinner, so that was a little annoying, but other than that, I would recommend this restaurant if you like Italian food.Special Features:
- Wonderrful as AlwaysJERRYGOLDDined on 7/4/2014We are regulars at this neighborhood gem. They have a creative menu, the best bread and great no matter what your choice is.Special Features:
- Delish!archer5852Dined on 6/27/2014We brought friends from out of town for a special celebration and we were not disappointed. This is the best upscale Italian food in the area.Special Features:
- Nice PlaceFresserVIPDined on 6/18/2014Caeser salad way under dressed and forgettable, The entrees were OK; too much sauce on the chicken dish but tasty. The shrimp and crab over linguini was very nice. The wait staff was friendly and efficient. A good place to go.I would recommend this to a friend.
- MsprissDined on 6/15/2014The food was absolutely delicious, service was great, the ambience was vibrant. Will make Luca's a regular dining out spot for my family.Special Features:
- amazingBrodieDined on 6/9/2014I absolutely loved this place. Took my girlfriend of 3+ years here for a random night out and we had an amazing meal. We loved every dish and the service was very timely. Didn't rush or take too long. Amazing New Jersey wine to top it off. Was pricey though so a once in a while type of place for my wallet. $175 for the two of us. Could've easily been $100-125 if I didn't get wine or 3 appetizers. Amazing dinner. Great find in the middle of a strip mall. BYOB in addition to the wine selection. In addition, liquor store next door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Italian food!FoodieDined on 6/6/2014Amazing food in a very unexpected location. Only place we go to in the area when we want good Italian food with home made pastaSpecial Features:
- Great find!MaryDined on 6/1/2014The entire experience was great! The service was efficient and pleasant. The menu offered so many interesting selections and choosing was hard. The food was delicious. I would most definity return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luca's consistent goodnessElizabet34Dined on 5/22/2014We were a group of 8, everyone had a different meal, all wonderful! Stuffed mushrooms with sausage and kale a big hit - Yum! Soft shell crabs, my favorite, seasonal, were cooked to perfection. fish specials always a treat. Really love this place!!Special Features:
- always goodgabagooDined on 5/16/2014I have been to Luca's several times and the food is always goodSpecial Features:
- LUCA'S always deliciousElizabet34Dined on 5/11/2014Always enjoy Luca's specials - the fish was wonderful! We were a family of 11 people; every meal was sumptuous, from salad to desserts. Just love this restaurant!Special Features:
- Not Mothers Day dinner worthyChelsea1334Dined on 5/11/2014Reserved table for 3 at 12:30 PM for Mother's Day. We were promptly seated, however the tables were all wedged together and the noise level made it impossible to carry on a conversation. Marinara sauce on the veal parmigiana was very bitter and tasted undercooked. The veal with mushrooms lacked salt and had a tad too much lemon. The fish selection wax superb as was the creme brûlée dessert and the cannoli. We needed to ask for fresh lemon for our water several times and the wood table was not cleaned of all the bread crumbs before serving our tea and dessert. We needed to ask for sugar and the restaurant did not offer half and half but only milk for our coffee. Only one brand of sugar free packets were provided. Need to make some changes
- JinjaxDined on 5/9/2014We enjoyed the food but extremely slow service :-(.Special Features:
- Great new findGreatRestaurantDined on 5/4/2014This was our first visit to Luca's and certainly will not be our last. We dine our frequently and every now and then will try someplace different. Luca's offers an wide range of appetizers, entrees and desserts, as well as offered a nice selection of specials for the day we visited. I'm not a wine drinker so didn't even look at the wine list. The ambiance was very good with the Italian decor, with this surpassed by the exceptional service the wait staff provided. We had the fresh mozzarella as an appetizer and it was one of the best we have had in a while. We had a variety of entrees including pasta, seafood and veal; all of which were superb and plentiful. Looking forward to our next visit to try other menu items.Special Features:
- The following 93 reviews are from the Luca's Ristorante of Somerset reviews archive.
- creativeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/27/2014Excellent food! Creative! Charming and knowledgeable wait staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - slow kitchenGksenotsVIPDined on 4/19/2014One of our favorite restaurants. We were there for dinner last night unfortunately it took an hour to have our appetizers served and another half hour for our main dishes. Food as usual was excellent. Our waiter Angelo explained that a large party of 8 ordered Veal a Chops and that tied up the Kitchen He tried his best but it was just one of those nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spot but not overly impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/15/2014I had heard Luca's was a little gem by locals but my penne was sitting in a quarter inch of oil, which was not very appetizing. The Neopolitan meatballs, however, -- a recipe of the chef's southern Italian mother, I was told -- were fantastic!
- 2nd time just as goodxanderDined on 4/12/2014Visited Luca's for the second time and was not disappointed. Service is wonderful, food is wonderfully tasteful. I love that they don't rush you between courses so you can enjoy your food at your own pace. Can't wait to go back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will Visit AgainOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/2/2014Came across this little gem on Open Table. The food was fantastic, fresh and authentic. the service was a little slow but not too much to keep us away. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- DECOR SOMEWHAT OVERDONE. WAITERRICHVIPDined on 4/2/2014DECOR SOMEWHAT OVERDONE. WAITER CATERED TO CUSTOMERS HE KNEW. SPENT A LOT OF TIME TALKING TO THEM AT THE EXPENSE OF OTHER CUSTOMERS. HAD TO ASK FOR REFILL ON OUR WATER 3 TIMES.Special Features:
- A treat for your sensesciaoitaliaDined on 3/29/2014Very pleased with my first visit to Luca's. The menu was varied and inviting, but we choose to go with all the specials they offered that night and we couldn't be any happier. Our server was friendly and up beat and even though there was a large party that night, our service was not delayed. It is a BYOB, which is always a plus in my option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent once againgabagooDined on 3/27/2014I have been to Luca's several times, this time with a group of seven for lunch. Everyone enjoyed their food, there were no complaints. Luca's has wine from one vineyard, but you can bring your own, which we did. They do not rush you out and the wait staff is excellent, giving you information about the dishes and the restaurant itself. When you are sitting there, you feel like you are in Italy. All in all a wonderful experienceSpecial Features:
- Horrible waiterPinkfishDined on 3/22/2014Went here Saturday. Our waiter was horrible. He rarely came to our table, and he messed up every single order. I ordered a coke, and I had to remind him AFTER the food came that I still wanted a coke. Also ordered a Luca pizza without mushroom, and it came with mushrooms. Took our cutlery and didn't give us new for the entree, had to wait 10 minutes with the food on the table for cutlery.Special Features:
- Saturday brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/22/2014Based on the ratings we saw in Trip Advisor, we decided to give this a try. The outside is deceiving, so don't pay too much attention to where it is. The inside is charming and smell like Italian heaven! We had several small items and a bowl of crab and corn chowder. The soup was outstanding! The mussels were very good. The figs wrapped with prosciutto had a balsalmic reduction drizzle that was great.............get the idea. We really liked this place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local gem, do not miss this onePhilyWeekSuccessDined on 3/15/2014My wife and I used to frequent Lucas when we lived in area, however when available we seize the chance to return. We were not disappointed. No new or obvious changes to the decor but quality of food and service remain the same. Wine list now available. I I would recommend Luca's to all who appreciate fine dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.