Luca's Ristorante of Somerset
2019 State Highway 27
Somerset, NJ 08873Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Luca's Ristorante of Somerset
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lucasristorante.com/
- Phone: 7322977676
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 11:00am - 10:00pm,
Friday & Saturday 11:00am - 11:00pm,
Sunday 12:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Andrea Di Meglio
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Delivery, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout
- Catering: For catering please refer to our website, www.lucasristorante.com and contact within for your orders.
- Special Events: Fixed price, course menus for New Years Eve, Valentine's Day
A word from Luca's Ristorante of Somerset
If you are seeking not just a great meal, but a great dining experience, you need look no further than Luca’s Ristorante Somerset. Tucked away on Rt. 27 between Princeton and New Brunswick, Luca’s Somerset is an oasis of authentic regional Italian cuisine. Offering modern adaptations of traditional dishes from Ischia, here you can enjoy hand-cut ravioli stuffed with Chef Andrea’s latest mouth-watering combinations, a selection of fish entrees so fresh that they evoke the Mediterranean Sea, or a filet of such quality that it is paralleled only by the accoutrement that accompany it. Our dining room décor is uniquely Ischitana, and goes to show that here at Luca’s Somerset, we understand that the difference is in the details. When you are done with it all, take in the cozy setting with a delicious dessert made from scratch, and the perfect cup of locally micro-roasted espresso or cappuccino. So please, be our guest.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Luca's Ristorante of Somerset - Best Restaurants in New Brunswick ›
Luca's Ristorante of Somerset reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (35)fit for foodies (22)special occasion (16)romantic (15)good for groups (11)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (3)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Pleasant, Comfortable, RelaxingRelaxationDined on 10/15/2014Luca's was a very pleasant restaurant to go and enjoy a delicious, quiet dinner in a very comfortable and charming atmosphere with friendly service.Special Features:
- Good but slowHerrjohnDined on 10/9/2014My wife and I have eaten several lunches at Luca's and have enjoyed the food every time. My wife loves the diamante pasta and their gnocchi with beef is outstanding. The only problem we have encountered is that the last time we were there the service was very slow; it took so much time between courses and there were just a few other customers. For instance, once we were given the bread, which is a selection of three great breads, we had finished it and a glass of wine before the salad arrived. And then there was another long interval waiting for the entrees. In summary, we enjoy the food, the ambiance and the wait staff very much but were unhappy with the length of time to get our food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem in Central NJ!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/8/2014Food, serving waitress all top notch! I will visit again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sundaydinersDined on 10/5/2014two couples went on a Sunday it was very nice. we all enjoyed our food. The service was wonderful, girl very attentive. We thought it was a bit pricey but the food was good. We would certainly go again. we also like the fact it is a byob.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luca's always excellemtElizabet34Dined on 9/26/2014Four guests = we each had a different dinner, special fish dish delicious. Appys great - Fried Calamari - none better! Always happy with Luca'sSpecial Features:
- Italian and originalbusinesstravelerfoodieDined on 9/24/2014Homemade pasta and original dishes that include some health conscious entrees. Great variety of fish. Enjoyed the vege dish with homemade spinach pasta, fresh tomatoes, wild mushrooms and fava beans. Traditional dishes looked great too. Pretty plates and hand drawn décor on the walls.Special Features:
- Excellent as alwaysPharmboy34VIPDined on 9/19/2014This place is a gem and I am thankful it is down the road. When I move I will miss the Crab soup.Special Features:
- Italian-ishKenPVIPDined on 9/18/2014A nice neighborhood Italian restaurant. My experience echoes the previous reviews -the food is dependably prepared and the waiters can be a bit goofy. What I haven't seen mentioned - and this may be important to you - is that the food isn't designed to be true to Italy and the wine list is un-Italian. The chef/owner wants to pay tribute to local ingredients. So he incorporates whatever is fresh. The dish then becomes localized with a very strong Italian concept. The food is tasty, but not true Italian. On the other hand, the wine is all from the same NJ winery. And it fails. I noticed some patrons brought their own wines. You should too. BTW - I lived many years in Italy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is great!LoboNJDined on 9/14/2014We were surprised by how delicious the food is. The place is in a nondescript strip mall on Route 27, but inside it's very homey and comfortable. The service was a little slow on a Sunday night but only because they cook everything to order...and it shows, the food is really terrific. The meatballs were amazing, the lamb ossobucco was great, the seafood risotto and veal saltimbocca were all delicious. Highly recommend this place for people who like to go beyond the basic boring Italian meal. And, the most surprising and amazing dish was the agnolotti di cacao - sort of a chocolate ravioli stuffed with butternut squash - wow, that was memorable and in the best way. Even my 9-year old couldn't get enough of it. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food!!!YoungcoupleVIPDined on 8/17/2014This is a relatively hidden place with excellent food!!! It is located in a mall which limits the ability to standout but the interior is very nicely decorated and the food is amazing. It will be part of our frequent destinations for sure!Special Features:
- terrific restaurantSheriSVIPDined on 8/16/2014We absolutely loved our meal at Luca's. The calamari was perfectly fried and not too breaded. My chicken dish was outstanding as was my husband's seafood stew. Both were served very hot in a sizzling pot. We shared the death by chocolate which arrived in a coffee cup and it was well worth the 12 minute wait. Our waiter was wonderful and very efficient without being overbearing. Oh yes, the bread basket is amazing. Yum!Special Features:
- DJEaters12DJEaters12Dined on 8/15/2014The food was outstanding and the service was very friendly and attentive. The waiter was very helpful with the menu and all of his recommendations were great! It was our first visit and we will surely be back. The atmosphere was very interesting and made you feel like you were in Italy.Special Features:
- Great Italian mealNJFoodieDined on 8/14/2014I great find in our local strip mall! Once you enter Luca's you feel as though you have stepped into a restaurant in Little Italy. Great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So GoodPatrickVIPDined on 8/13/2014Our second visit. Shared a wonderful eggplant rollatini. One of us had chicken parmigiana and one had veal saltimbocca. Both were wonderful.
- JerzeesalVIPDined on 8/9/2014The food was really good here. We felt our server was a little too familiar. Or maybe just weird. At one point he asked me for my weapons...meaning my leftover utensils. There were other things, but he wasn't bad, just trying to be amusing, I think. We enjoyed our meal very much. A little pricey. Definitely need a reservation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulCassmanDined on 8/7/2014Excellent food. Every part of the meal was great.Special Features:
- Great Food!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/3/2014Best food ever!!! If you're looking for authentic Italian this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always delicious byobKimboVIPDined on 7/26/2014You can't go wrong ordering anything here. Always a delicious meal with great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Goodjordydog1Dined on 7/26/2014The food and ambiance at Luca's are very similar: comfortable and well executed. We always enjoy Luca's, whether it's take out or dine in. The wait staff is professional and sweet.Special Features:
- NylamomDined on 7/19/2014Was not disappointed. Everything was wonderful! Brought friends for the first time and they loved it also.Special Features:
- So fine!burmamaloves2Dined on 7/14/2014I adore Luca's! The food is excellent and the atmosphere is inviting and comfortable. Service is outstanding as well. "What's not to like?" As usual, there is no rush and an exceptional experience. Thank you soooo much for another wonderful, delicious meal which allows friends to bond and absorb a fabulous meat in a cozy environment. One of my favorite dining experiences.....and I am so grateful....Special Features:
- Great findladyreader1VIPDined on 7/12/2014We were recommended by friends and we are so happy to have found this wonderful restaurant. The menu is great with so many wonderful selections and everything tasted fresh and presentation was excellent. Looking forward to our next visit. It is good to find a good old-style Italian restaurant .Special Features:
- donnagramDined on 7/12/2014The food, service and ambiance were outstanding. A wonderful dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- July 10 2014 dinnerItailanfoodpro1Dined on 7/10/2014A total of 5 of us went to Luca's for the first time. The ambiance was nice, friendly staff but for the most part this is where it stopped. It took a very long time for us to receive our dinners. (Over 60 minutes) with only one ceaser salad as an appetizer. Between the 5 of us we each ordered different meals. Chicken parm, lasagna, pasta, and another chicken dish. The only meal that was so good that you would rave about was the pasta. Oh by the way the white merlot wine was very good. Based on the food taste and extra long wait I would not recommend Luca's. There are too many real good Italian restaurants in NJ to eat at. Believe me I have grown up eating homemade and restaurant style Italian food in NY and NJ. Don't waste your time hereSpecial Features:
- Excellent foodLove2eatoutDined on 7/6/2014This is the second time I've been here and the food was delicious! We had the mussels marinara, lobster callolini and the chicken past with bolanaise sauce. Every time I come here, food never disappoints me. However we were seated next to a large group of people that had a toddler that screamed loudly a couple of times during dinner, so that was a little annoying, but other than that, I would recommend this restaurant if you like Italian food.Special Features:
- Wonderrful as AlwaysJERRYGOLDVIPDined on 7/4/2014We are regulars at this neighborhood gem. They have a creative menu, the best bread and great no matter what your choice is.Special Features:
- The following 105 reviews are from the Luca's Ristorante of Somerset reviews archive.
- Delish!archer5852VIPDined on 6/27/2014We brought friends from out of town for a special celebration and we were not disappointed. This is the best upscale Italian food in the area.Special Features:
- Nice PlaceFresserVIPDined on 6/18/2014Caeser salad way under dressed and forgettable, The entrees were OK; too much sauce on the chicken dish but tasty. The shrimp and crab over linguini was very nice. The wait staff was friendly and efficient. A good place to go.I would recommend this to a friend.
- MsprissDined on 6/15/2014The food was absolutely delicious, service was great, the ambience was vibrant. Will make Luca's a regular dining out spot for my family.Special Features:
- amazingBrodieDined on 6/9/2014I absolutely loved this place. Took my girlfriend of 3+ years here for a random night out and we had an amazing meal. We loved every dish and the service was very timely. Didn't rush or take too long. Amazing New Jersey wine to top it off. Was pricey though so a once in a while type of place for my wallet. $175 for the two of us. Could've easily been $100-125 if I didn't get wine or 3 appetizers. Amazing dinner. Great find in the middle of a strip mall. BYOB in addition to the wine selection. In addition, liquor store next door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Italian food!FoodieDined on 6/6/2014Amazing food in a very unexpected location. Only place we go to in the area when we want good Italian food with home made pastaSpecial Features:
- Great find!MaryDined on 6/1/2014The entire experience was great! The service was efficient and pleasant. The menu offered so many interesting selections and choosing was hard. The food was delicious. I would most definity return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luca's consistent goodnessElizabet34Dined on 5/22/2014We were a group of 8, everyone had a different meal, all wonderful! Stuffed mushrooms with sausage and kale a big hit - Yum! Soft shell crabs, my favorite, seasonal, were cooked to perfection. fish specials always a treat. Really love this place!!Special Features:
- always goodgabagooDined on 5/16/2014I have been to Luca's several times and the food is always goodSpecial Features:
- LUCA'S always deliciousElizabet34Dined on 5/11/2014Always enjoy Luca's specials - the fish was wonderful! We were a family of 11 people; every meal was sumptuous, from salad to desserts. Just love this restaurant!Special Features:
- Not Mothers Day dinner worthyChelsea1334Dined on 5/11/2014Reserved table for 3 at 12:30 PM for Mother's Day. We were promptly seated, however the tables were all wedged together and the noise level made it impossible to carry on a conversation. Marinara sauce on the veal parmigiana was very bitter and tasted undercooked. The veal with mushrooms lacked salt and had a tad too much lemon. The fish selection wax superb as was the creme brûlée dessert and the cannoli. We needed to ask for fresh lemon for our water several times and the wood table was not cleaned of all the bread crumbs before serving our tea and dessert. We needed to ask for sugar and the restaurant did not offer half and half but only milk for our coffee. Only one brand of sugar free packets were provided. Need to make some changes
- JinjaxDined on 5/9/2014We enjoyed the food but extremely slow service :-(.Special Features:
- Great new findGreatRestaurantDined on 5/4/2014This was our first visit to Luca's and certainly will not be our last. We dine our frequently and every now and then will try someplace different. Luca's offers an wide range of appetizers, entrees and desserts, as well as offered a nice selection of specials for the day we visited. I'm not a wine drinker so didn't even look at the wine list. The ambiance was very good with the Italian decor, with this surpassed by the exceptional service the wait staff provided. We had the fresh mozzarella as an appetizer and it was one of the best we have had in a while. We had a variety of entrees including pasta, seafood and veal; all of which were superb and plentiful. Looking forward to our next visit to try other menu items.Special Features:
- creativeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/27/2014Excellent food! Creative! Charming and knowledgeable wait staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - slow kitchenGksenotsVIPDined on 4/19/2014One of our favorite restaurants. We were there for dinner last night unfortunately it took an hour to have our appetizers served and another half hour for our main dishes. Food as usual was excellent. Our waiter Angelo explained that a large party of 8 ordered Veal a Chops and that tied up the Kitchen He tried his best but it was just one of those nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.