Lucas Park Grille
1234 Washington Ave
St. Louis, MO 63103Neighborhood:
Downtown St. Louis
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Lucas Park Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lucasparkgrille.com/
- Phone: (314) 241-7770
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Limited Menu available Daily from 3:00pm-5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kyle Patterson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Lucas Park Grille offers all the service and great-tasting appeal of the restaurant in a coordinated, customized package for large and small events.
- Private Party Contact: Joshua Wells 3142417770
- Entertainment: DJ plays music 11:00pm-close every Thursday-Saturday. No cover; upscale dress code enforced.
A word from Lucas Park Grille
By completing the 2004 renovation of its breathtaking 8000 square foot space, Lucas Park Grille on Washington Avenue claimed its role as one of the first in the progressive downtown revitalization. By offering a variety of New American Cuisine in both small and large plates, Lucas Park Grille provides a customized experience for all guests. Honored with the Wine Spectator’s “Award of Excellence,” 2007-2011 Lucas Park Grille boasts an incomparable wine selection of over 300 choices by the bottle. The ambience of the 25-foot loft-style ceilings, three dining room fireplaces and creative use in elements of stone, copper and brick provide an unparalleled experience. With styles ranging from a casually elegant café to a formal candlelit experience and including several exclusive lounge areas, Lucas Park Grille is suitable for any occasion. Named by Sauce Magazine as the “Place to See & be Seen,” Lucas Park Grille continues to be a standout in the St. Louis bar and restaurant scene.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Lucas Park Grille - Best Restaurants in Downtown St. Louis ›
Lucas Park Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (23)great for outdoor dining (19)neighborhood gem (18)good for groups (18)vibrant bar scene (13)special occasion (13)romantic (13)hot spot (10)late-night find (8)great for lunch (8)great for brunch (6)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Put some cuffs on the salt guy.JavaCarVIPDined on 11/21/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants. The Kale Caesar Salad is wonderful. That being said, the flat bread (pizza) was way, way, way too salty. In all of the years we've being going there this is the only time I've experienced a meal with any issues. Put some cuffs on the salt guy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Reservations were early so we were seated immediately. Very pleasant and congenial! Looked like a large number of parties later on in the evening but we were gone by then. Food was very good and overall enjoyed the dinner.Special Features:
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/30/2014We'd heard of the Lucas Park Grille for years, but never went until last week. Very nice. We had a lovely dinner and the host paid attention to my request for a quiet area. Thanks a lot!Special Features:
- Better the 2nd time aroundkellVIPDined on 10/30/2014This was our 2nd outing to Lucas. During our first visit, we had the flat iron steak which wasn't much to speak of. However, this time the bison pot pie was very delicious. We also ordered a flatbread pizza. It too was good, but a little salty. The salad and service was great!Special Features:
- Good option for dateGoodfoodDined on 10/25/2014The inside atmosphere is upscale. I especially like to sit on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great potential, very few patronskdogdinerDined on 10/25/2014We hit the Lucas Park Grill pre-game for a Blues Hockey game so we were on the early side at 5:45 but were nearly the only ones in the place which did make it void of atmosphere. It was not the food or prices keeping folks away - the menu is eclectic but practical and all dishes and appetizers were enjoyed. Service was slow - considering the lack of patrons it took an exceptionally long time to have our first contact with the waiter and to get both rounds of drinks once ordered. Location is charming and it seemed that for a Saturday night all restaurants in this area were mostly empty - both before and after the game which is a shame because this is a great area in general.Special Features:
- Excellent food, slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014We had a large business meeting group (10) and the waiter easily & willingly handled separate checks - and clearly indicated that tip was included in each when she presented the checks to us. Every bit of food, including desserts, was delicious. Service was professional and friendly but the waiter was often nowhere to be seen. If the place were packed, no big deal. But the restaurant was mostly empty on a Sunday night. Bottom line. It's a great meal, just don't be in a hurry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WebsterdocDined on 10/13/2014Stopped by for pre Rams game food. Menu was solid, but a little off center (cheeseburger framed by two grilled cheese sandwiches,etc). Appetizers were quite good, portions were generous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood spot.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2014Great place anytime of the day. Food was absolutely amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great atmosphereMikeDined on 9/20/2014We were pleasantly surprised at the variety on the menu and enjoyed everything! The steak tar-tar was a great starter, the butternut squash ravioli was decadent and the bacon jam strip steak was cooked to perfection! We really enjoyed this meal!Special Features:
- deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/20/2014Shrimp was cooked to perfection in shrimp and andouille sandwich. I opted for side salad of mixed greens tossed with red wine dressing and topped with halved red grapes and toasted sunflower seeds. Very impressive wine list. The only negative comment was I was handed check but not asked if I wanted dessert (was dessert not available at lunch/brunch?).Special Features:
- DeliciousCdr2tatDined on 8/31/2014We were seated in the back room which was in need of dusting. Our waiter for oft about is for the next 20 minutes. Once he remembered we were back there, the service was great. The food was delicious! Our steaks were cooked perfectly. I would avoid the wilted spinach. It was overpoweringly garlic. Couldn't even taste spinach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Stuff!TheAverageGuyDined on 8/31/2014My wife and I were there for a long weekend with our twin 12 year olds. We found the staff friendly, and while being mostly vacant at 6pm on a Saturday (our server informed us it didn't really pick up downtown until later) they seemed happy to have us there. They were great with the kids, but the place was more adult oriented as a downtown hotspot would be. Some interesting and tempting menu choices that were not too "foodie" but still edgy. We'll be back and would recommend to all.Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014The waiter was very slow, he need to wait on one table at a time. We had to wait 15 minutes for our drinks; for him to bring ours and the next table next to us; that came 15 minutes after we were seated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Brunch SpotDowntownRogDined on 8/31/2014I chose Lucas Park for brunch for a group of 6. We needed a place that we could get into at 10:00 without a wait. No problem here. The service was friendly and the food was excellent. Nice selection. They do take reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They've Upped their Game!WesCDined on 8/16/2014This was our first visit to LPG since a "good but not great" visit about a year ago. We went with friends for Downtown Restaurant Week. Some restaurants choose to sort of mail that in, but not here. The food (we opted to pay a little extra to try all four courses -- incidentally, the "3 out of 4" option was a great idea to accommodate people with different dining priorities) was consistently excellent. Highlights included the mussels with Andouille, the Ozark mushroom bruschetta, the roasted local vegetable salad, the salmon with grilled veggies served in a cast iron skillet, and the chocolate and peanut butter s'more. Our server was friendly and efficient, and had a very playful sense of humor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeeklovetodineDined on 8/13/2014Our dinner was a wonderful experience. Our server Doug was awesome and funny. The food was excellent. The restaurant was quiet, not due to lack of patrons, rather it was a wonderful evening and most were sitting outside. We chose to dine in and were given a wonderful romantic booth. Our appetizer choice of PEI mussels was superb, my grilled vegie salad with blue cheese was perfect and my partner's caesar salad very good, and we thoroughly enjoyed the salmon and pork tenderloin by playing musical plates. Definitely a return visit is in order.Special Features:
- Birthday dinner/wonderful specials!FoodiesDined on 8/9/2014After seeing a bacon wrapped pork tenderloin and a mushroom risotto on the menu, my boyfriend and I decided to go to Lucas Park for a recent birthday celebration. However, once our server told us about the wagyu beef special, we knew we had to try it and both of us LOVED the dish. Rich, flavorful, cooked perfectly. We also really enjoyed the risotto, salmon appetizer, and cocktails from their specialty menu. Our server was friendly, helpful, quick and overall it was a great experience.
- Great food, but sparse crowdSundown1943Dined on 8/3/2014We went on a Sunday evening at 6:30 and there was only one table occupied, in the rear, with about 3 people. We were very surprised, since we had made reservations thinking it might be crowded. But the food was wonderful, and, perhaps because of the sparse crowd, the service was great. A group of about a dozen conventioneers came in just as we were leaving and were being seated in a "large party" area, but aside from that, there were no other diners. Too bad, because the food was excellent. Hope their other evenings are better.Special Features:
- Brunch!!!Kito3987VIPDined on 8/3/2014Amazing brunch and very reasonable prices. Especially if the weather is nice and you can sit on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedAnniversaryCoupleDined on 8/1/2014It was our 20th anniversary dinner where we each ordered steaks. I ordered the strip steak and my wife ordered the flat iron. Both cuts of meat were definitely low grade, not cooked properly, and truly seemed reheated from being cooked earlier. The restaurant was not busy so we thought it would have been perfect. Unfortunately, it seems as though the level of care by our server and the chef were non-existent. We were offered no bread, no salads, no dessert...and the bill was dropped off promptly. We will definitely not be coming back and will not recommend this restaurant to anyone else. It's mostly disappointing because the ambiance is excellent...the people just don't seem to care.
- Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014I thought it was nothing special. The food was good not not great. The Sweet potato fried was soggy and served luke warm.
- The following 465 reviews are from the Lucas Park Grille reviews archive.
- Excellent FoodWotanDined on 7/28/2014Excellent food, great service. We really enjoyed the stuffed dates as an appetizer as well as the roasted beet salad. My wife ordered the Amish Chicken, which was melt in your mouth amazing. My sea bass was equally terrific, though the rice could have used an extra couple minutes to be more tender. The fruity sauce was an excellent compliment to the fish. And, we highly recommend the "Pick-3" dessert option. The bread pudding, and crème brûlée were winners, but the beignet were outstanding! We'll be back!Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchJTSTLDined on 7/27/2014Everything was good the coffee was a bit overpriced but other than that it was good. We were sat in the front which wasn't very comfortable for breakfast and had a bar look to it and the table was wobbly. The back dinning room is much better and where they should sit people for breakfast in my opinion softer decor and lower seats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my first visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014my first visit was for a birthday brunch. the food was great and the brunch menu had a nice selection of drinks overall it was very satisfying and will be going back to try an evening dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice food; Poor servicePaulFDined on 7/20/2014Food was good, fresh & seasoned nicely. However thats not what we remember - we just recall the totally disinterested server - he appeared just to want to leave .... which is exactly what he did as soon as we paid the bill !
- Upscale and nicePudgyVIPDined on 7/1/2014This is a nice downtown restaurant. We dined early as we had a show to go to later. I think we were the first couple in the restaurant. We were seated in the back room by the window. This room is definitely where you want to be seated if you want it quiet. The bar is in the front room. Okay on to the food! The popcorn popped in bacon grease was fun to try. I had the grass fed filet which was excellent. Had asparagus side which was fine. The cinnamon ice cream was touted by server. It was good but we liked the chocolate better. The service was top notch!! Had a great waiter who was very personable and gave us tips on what to order. Would eat here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed dinner and cocktailsoconnellk10VIPDined on 6/25/2014Great spot on Wash. St. Ecclectic menu. Lots of options. Food was delicious. Will return on my next trip to StL.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place, Needs changing tableSarahDined on 6/15/2014We love Lucas Park Grille ever since we chose to use them for our Rehearsal Dinner. This visit was no exception. We ate Father's Day dinner here for my husband's first Father's Day. The restaurant was basically empty, because it was early on a Sunday night. Our waiter, Alex, was so friendly and attentive. The food was delicious as always. My only complaint (and I do mean only complaint) is that there is no changing table in the restroom. Aside from that, we love Lucas Park Grille and will be coming back time and time again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/14/2014Dined here on a beautiful Saturday night, sat outside on a very delightful deck. Cocktails were excellent and generous, service was great and friendly, food was good, nothing spectacular. Overall, will go back especially for the outdoor dining.Special Features:
- Salmon to Die for!CarlaDined on 6/12/2014I was here for happy hour on 6/12/14. I ordered the night's special which was a salmon dish. Everything from the aspargus to the potato hash to the shrimp and salmon was cooked to perfection. My guest had the pepper flank, which she clean her plate and that is saying alot since she is hard to please when it comes top meals and restaurants. To finish the meal, we had the 3 dessert sampler, which included the lemon mousse with fresh strawberries. What a great way to end my work day. The server, I believe his name was Michael, was very attentive, knowledgable and friendly. I have already been referring people to dine here and it has only been a few days since my visit. Keep up the great work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- in town for a conferencemnracinggirlDined on 6/8/2014Great dinner after spending the day at the exhibit booth. The bonus, desserts were fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/24/2014Excellent service, very good food, made us feel well attended to.Special Features:
- A gem!TrooperDined on 5/24/2014It was our first trip to St. Louis and found your restaurant on Trip Advisors. We were celebrating our daughter's 13th birthday and I mentioned this on your reservation through Open Table. It was nice that you read this and wished my daughter a happy birthday upon arrival. Everything was superb! Will definitely visit you again when visiting St. Louis!Special Features:
- Sunday brunchHailCorduroyDined on 5/11/2014Food was good, but nothing really notable. Bacon was chewy, although the sausage was good. Shrimp was delicious. The Washington Ave Sunrise drink was very tasty.Special Features:
- AATJPDined on 5/11/2014Went for Mother's Day Brunch. Food was off the charts! Price was good too. We really enjoyed the location, restaurant was decorated way cool, service was good. Highly recommend Lucas Park, and want to go there again. Tim PSpecial Features:
- Hubby b-dayDiningdivaDined on 5/6/2014My mom suggested that I take my husband there for his birthday . It was great he enjoyed the ambiance of the place and said his burger was delicious. It's a great place to eat and in a great neighborhood surrounded by boutiques and close to the Arch and riverfront .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Hidden" treasure!HungryTravelerDined on 4/20/2014We hadn't heard or seen anything about Lucas Park Grille until we went looking for a place for dinner on Easter. We were very pleased with the restaurant, and the prices! Everything on the menu looks great, and we will have to go back to work our way through it. Food was all done perfectly, well presented, and even healthy. ;-) We tried both vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes, and all exceeded our expectations. Prices were reasonable, portions generous. Doug, our server, was attentive without being hovering. Will definitely be going back!Special Features:
- Easter BrunchBaxterEatsDined on 4/20/2014The food that was supposed to be hot was hot and the food that was supposed to be cold was cold. That isn't always the easiest thing to pull off for a big brunch. Service was spotty as it seemed like they were a waiter or two short. Food was very good, particularly the shrimp and peach french toast. Crab legs were cut in half length wise which, while convenient, appeared to dry out the meat some. Very nice layout and decor and we may have to try this place again for a normal meal.Special Features:
- Easter BrunchDawgDined on 4/20/2014Had Easter brunch with my family. Great selection of food. Awesome flavorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.