Luca Italian Cuisine
2100 Superior Viaduct
Cleveland, OH 44113Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Luca Italian Cuisine
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.lucacleveland.com/
- Phone: 2168622761x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday, 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Luca Sema
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We will create a special menu to meet your needs.
We are also available for restaurant buy-out dinners for hosts who want to treat their guests to the finest modern Italian food in Cleveland's most attractive setting.
- Entertainment: Rick and Sharona every Thursday night from 7:30 to 11:00.
- Special Events: We can cater special events, such as dinner under the tent at nearby Jacobs Pavilion.
A word from Luca Italian Cuisine
Luca serves the best Italian food in the city, great wine list, romantic European atmosphere and the most beautiful city view.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Luca Italian Cuisine - Best Restaurants in The Flats ›
Luca Italian Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
135 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (106)special occasion (93)fit for foodies (89)romantic (84)neighborhood gem (58)great for outdoor dining (48)notable wine list (48)hot spot (37)good for groups (33)vibrant bar scene (19)late-night find (11)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (2)Show More
- finedinerDined on 9/13/2014Very cool restaurant. Needs to be lit up a bit. glad I had my flashlight with me. Service was not very good. Our server was in the weeds all evening. I think he was given too many tables. I have been drinking Santa Margherita pinot grigio for over 20 years and I have never paid $18.00 a glass or $72.00 a bottle that's insane. I will say the food is very good but they need to lower the wine prices.Special Features:
- Terrific views while diningPeyegalDined on 9/13/2014We came to Lucas with a party of 13. Each and every one of us had a terrific meal. May I recommend the salads...especially the beet salad and the tomato salad! The veal tortelinni seemed to be the most favored dish although all of their pastas are homemade and cooked perfect! Our waitor was the best...he was very entertaining and informing! The views are amazing...the atmosphere was upbeat and fun! The only setback here was it was a bit cramped for a large group. I would recommend sitting outside if weather permits if you have a large party. But we were very pleased with everything Lucas had to offer. We will return soon! Thanks for making my fathers 80th special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh FindCher2shareDined on 9/5/2014This food was amazing from the bread with the ubiquitous oil for dipping to the chocolate mousse cups. Classic dishes such as Beef Tartare and Beef Bolognese were prepared wonderfully as was the Sea Bass special and the waiter was very informative. This was a wonderful birthday celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diner12VIPDined on 8/31/2014We enjoyed a great meal with a group of 10. Request Guy as your waiter, he's very entertaining and a true professional - he enhanced our dining experience. The food is all made from scratch and is amazing. No one at the table was disappointed in their meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentClevelanderDined on 8/29/2014I have eaten at Luca's several times and have experienced excellent food and service every visit. I'm a foodie, and Luca's ranks at the top of my list for Cleveland restaurants. It's has a great ambiance along with a unique view. I would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good but no greatrepair76Dined on 8/28/2014Very nice view and great live entertainment. Our waiter was on the ball with everything, but had no personality that was evident to us. Under cooked eggplant rollatini was tough but still tasty and the steak tartare was better than great, but the egg yolk wasn't completely separated from the whites. The pasta entrees were so damn good words couldn't do them justice! This restaurant is on our "must return list".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is excellent,mkmkDined on 8/28/2014my compliments to the chef. I had veal and my husband had the a pasta entree. We were both pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was great.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/28/2014There were 7 of us and we all loved all of our dishes. We look forward to going back soon.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/22/2014The service was horrible. We sent the steak back, it wasn't cooked properly. Then the waitress forgot all about it. At least they took it off the bill. Not a good experience at all.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/22/2014I've been to Luca's a handful of times over the last two months and the experience has been consistently great. The wait staff is excellent and the food is tremendous. I have sat mostly outside and really enjoy the view and atmosphere, especially when the sun goes down. Great job Lola and Luca!Special Features:
- Great PastaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2014The food was very well prepared and the service was excellent !!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014I love eating here. The food is amazing and I love the wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experiencesueyDined on 8/21/2014Great food, service and ambiance all wrapped up in one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On my return to list!KathleenDined on 8/15/2014We chose Luca because it was close to Jacob's pavilion and we were headed to a concert after dinner. What a find! Outdoor dining, which we prefer, fabulous food, and nice wine selections. I had the beets appetizer and the sea bass special. There were so many things on the menu that looked appealing, I'm certain I will return. Service was also excellent. I highly recommend!Special Features:
- Food is even better than the viewbuckeyegalVIPDined on 8/15/2014The location is easily accessible from DT Cleveland on the near westside just off W 25th. The parking can be tricky as the restaurant in within a series of condos, I suggest valet parking Thur-thru Sat nights, its well worth the modest fee. The setting is very European with the outside cafe dining and open air seating along the array of windows over looking the ever developing Flats and Lake from its perch atop Superior Viaduct. The service during our visit was spot on. The food ranges from traditional to rustic Italian preparations. The presentations are eye catching with a modern deconstructions in some cases. Plenty of pasta, meat and seafood options for a range of guests. Deep wine menu and full bar. Excellent Happy Hour.Special Features:
- Great food service not so muchOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/13/2014We were on on a business trip when we found this spot. It is in pretty hidden spot but has a great view. Service was something that could definitely be improved upon. We were seated promptly, after 10 min the hostess came to check on us to ask if the waiter had stopped by which he had but left and didn't take our order. It took him another 5 min to take our drink order. He was serving and taking orders from tables that arrived after we did. That put aside the food was fantastic. If based on service alone I would not come back, but the food was pretty good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cleveland VisitorwestenddinerVIPDined on 8/12/2014Luca was quieter than expected in terms of the crowd, but the food, service and atmosphere created a wonderful setting for a celebratory dinner. The pasta and seafood were excellent, and so were the unusual gelato flavors! A bit on the pricey side, but a very nice place for visitors to the city to have dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- comfortable, beautiful, fantastic!MrMikeDined on 8/9/2014Within the past few years, I have hit almost all of Clebeland's hot dining spots, including the big names like Blue Point, Lola and Crop, trendy spots like Momocho and Farenheit.....probably at least the 30 top places. This was my first visit to Luca and I only learned of it on Open Table. My girlfriend and I haven't had a romantic night out without kids in over 9 months, so I wanted to go somewhere special for dinner and then hit the late night entertainment of downtown. While scrolling through the great places , Luca had the best reviews. From the valet at the curb, then the dark candle lit table, to the beet salad and lobster risoto, and the owner personally opening the wine and sharing a nice conversation...it was the best place ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Consistent!KimmieDined on 8/9/2014Consistency is key! Never feel rushed and the courses are served at the perfect intervals!! Nothing worse than your salad being served while appetizers are still on the table. Never at Luca!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find just off W. 25thnightoutDined on 8/8/2014We went to Luca for our anniversary and were not disappointed. The view was great, food was excellent, and service was very good. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the specialsdininginCLEVIPDined on 8/8/2014Put your palate in Chef Luca's hand. The daily special is always a hit at our table. And Lola will pair with the perfect wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- screamingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/7/2014The food and view was very good. Wine served for happy hour was low bottom shelf. Dinner at the table was fine until the entertainment started. It was so load we had difficulty with a conversation at dinner. I would recommend going for dinner on an evening without entertainment. Lobster risotto was excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014Excellent Staff. Friendly. Never rushed making it comfortable to enjoy meal. Menu was easy to select from.Special Features:
- KkilVIPDined on 8/3/2014Great food. Outstanding views. Great server. What might keep me away from Luca? The outrageous prices on wine. Totally not necessary!Special Features:
- EXCELLENT RESTAURANTKenSinDined on 8/2/2014Luca is an excellent location, great food, nice view, above average service. Went to celebrate a birthday & was not disappointed with anything. This us the 2nd time there & I would return in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just try this place once.....MaryDVIPDined on 8/2/2014...And you will be hooked. The Porkchop, lobster risotto, lobster ravioli, osso bucco, artichokes stuffed with lobster, calamari and "purses of paradise" get an appetizer of these (they are heaven on a plate)-my family shared all the above and it was one of the best meals we have all had in a very long time. Everything was amazing! The ambiance, the service, the food! Don't skip on dessert- the pistachio gelato is wonderful. Happy hour at the bar is also one of the best in Cleveland. Find a reason to get here ASAP!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 20th Anniversary CelebrationMicheleHDined on 8/1/2014We heard wonderful things about Luca and changed our reservation from another spot nearby to celebrate our anniversary. We were not disappointed. Friends joined us to celebrate our 20th and we can be a tough group. Our server, Ruben, was there when we needed him and very helpful. He made great recommendations as far as beverages and food selections. It was an all around wonderful experience. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Absolutely wonderful in all waysLuluDined on 7/31/2014The food, service, and ambiance was beyond description. We were seated by the windows and the view was breathtaking. The food was some of the best we have ever eaten. True Italian cuisine, even though we have never been to Italy. Lola made you feel as if she had known you forever. The hostess put in two calls for a cab to return us to our hotel. When Lola discovered, we were still waiting after 20 plus minutes she insisted on driving us herself to our hotel. That is true ownership of a restaurant, not just a manager of a franchise. Will be back again very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!kshaw216Dined on 7/30/2014Luca has quickly become my favorite restaurant in the city. the only thing better than the service is the food! The risotto is amazing I recommend it to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great place.artrialDined on 7/27/2014This is definitely a place to go. Food was excellent and the location and ambiance is perfect for a special occasion, business dinner or for a really great meal. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!Mango44Dined on 7/20/2014This restaurant never disappoints. The food is awesome and the staff goes out of their way to make the evening memorable. We can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummyVIPDined on 7/19/2014First time here. All 4 of us would return! We were seated by the hostess station & door (need to reserve window seats with a view well in advance. Turned out our location was fine, really no bad seats! Food was delish, restaurant was very cool, & our waitress was excellent. She suggested we order an appetizer portion of these beggar purses from the main menu to start...fabulous! Lobster risotto was very good although the risotto itself was a little undercooked & therefore, could've been a little creamier. But, it had a large portion of lobster mixed in & a beautiful large tail on top. Two of us shared this entree & they was plenty leftover. The pasta bolognese was excellent & the branzino which was filleted tableside was also excellent.Special Features:
- Cleveland Gembclev0719Dined on 7/19/2014Overall experience was excellent. Nice views of downtown, the food there was very good. Will definitely be returning soon.Special Features:
- The Food is the MVPSteve0924Dined on 7/12/2014The Food was amazing and the MVP on a team of really strong players. Leading assists was a charming and gracious bartender. His name was Oliver and his Mojitos were as amazing as his service. I had the veal Tortaloni and my date had the roast chicken. Both were cooked to a stunning degree of perfection. I am not only recomending this place to everyone I know but after Oliver's statment of the sunday/monday happy hour I'll be back for that as well with friends. The best fine Italian dining option in the city bar none.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- this is an Ohio city gemOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/5/2014the food is terrific with service to match. The wine list is wonderful and Lola, the co owner will be more than happy to find you the right bottle at the right price. The menu is varied-pasta, meat, fish. While i have not tried all of the menu items the meat dishes- wild boat and pork chop are fabulous. The views of downtown and the river are excellent. nice bar scene too. great happy hour deal during the week. great for a date night, couples dinner, or a business meeting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unless you want to wait FOREVER...macsawDined on 7/4/2014This was our first (and probably last) visit. We sat at the bar when we initially arrived, where the bartender seemed indifferent to most of the guests, and at $14 a cocktail, you'd think there would be more attentiveness. We moved to the patio for our dinner, which was not even very busy, but our server seemed completely overwhelmed. It took THIRTY minutes TWICE to get drink refills! Food-wise, the truffle sachetti and veal saltimbocca were wonderful. The pappardelle pasta with meat sauce tasted very bland and not memorable at all, and the veal osso bucco was fair. Because the restaurant is quite expensive (and we had a bottle of wine with dinner), our bill was close to $300 for three people. By default, our server got a $50 tip!Special Features:
- BEST Italian I've had in ClevelandLeVinzDined on 7/3/2014In a word OUTSTANDING! My husband and I, along with my brother & his wife share July wedding anniversaries. We decided to try Luca and invite our closest friends and family to celebrate with us. Excellent choice! The food was amazing. Luca Sema has caused me to fall deeper in love with Italian cuisine. The menu is flawless. The service is superior. The ambiance is romantic, fun, and classic all in one. What topped the night...Rick & Sharona of A Swingin' Affair! They sang to us, with us and for us and we had a ball. If you have not tried this place yet, it's a must. We will be back soon, and have been talking about it all week. A Cleveland Gem!!Special Features:
- Love2dineitalianDined on 6/28/2014My husband and I loved our appetizers dinners and wine. Definitely going back with friends or familySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST Italian food in ClevelandCathy74Dined on 6/26/2014It truly felt and tasted like we were back it Italy eating. We've felt that way all 5 times we've visited Luca. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/26/2014As always the food was terrific and the view was stupendous. The waitress, however, was not very engaging or interested .Special Features: