Luca Italian Cuisine
2100 Superior Viaduct
Cleveland, OH 44113Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Luca Italian Cuisine
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.lucacleveland.com/
- Phone: (216) 862-2761
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday, 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Luca Sema
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We will create a special menu to meet your needs.
We are also available for restaurant buy-out dinners for hosts who want to treat their guests to the finest modern Italian food in Cleveland's most attractive setting.
- Entertainment: Rick and Sharona every Thursday night from 7:30 to 11:00.
- Special Events: We can cater special events, such as dinner under the tent at nearby Jacobs Pavilion.
A word from Luca Italian Cuisine
Luca serves the best Italian food in the city, great wine list, romantic European atmosphere and the most beautiful city view.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Luca Italian Cuisine - Best Restaurants in The Flats ›
Luca Italian Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
129 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (105)special occasion (91)fit for foodies (88)romantic (83)neighborhood gem (60)notable wine list (49)hot spot (43)good for groups (36)great for outdoor dining (36)vibrant bar scene (20)late-night find (17)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Great Food with Scenic ViewChowluvverDined on 11/9/2014The four of us friends have been visiting a different restaurant in the Cleveland area each month. Luca is a great find and it deserves many more visits to sample their tasty food and enjoy the pampering service. If you enjoy high end food, richly prepared with excellent service, Luca's is for you.Special Features:
- Pleasing to the palletHelenDined on 11/8/2014The whole evening was wonderful, from the ambiance to the service and above all the food! Every bite was delicious and full of wonderful flavors!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulIlovenyDined on 11/8/2014Luca was wonderful. I highly recommend it. The service and food were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FunwfoodDined on 11/1/2014Food, quality of service, and ambiance are excellent. Unique commanding views of Cleveland. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2bakeDined on 10/30/2014AS ALWAY'S A GREAT TIME...GOOD FOOD,SERVICE AND FRIEND'S!Special Features:
- my new favorite in Cleveland!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/28/2014Simply delicious. Has become my new favorite restaurant. Can be a bit pricey but you definitely get what you pay for. The device and ambience complete the package. You will not be disappointed!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth tryingDinoDined on 10/25/2014Good food. Expensive. Very loud. Wine over- priced and served warm(red). Waited over an hour to get entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingSpecialDined on 10/25/2014As always, Luca does not disappoint. The set menu is fantastic in itself, however, the nightly specials are phenomenal. Luca's is fit for a very special occasion, but you would be doing your self a dis-service by not dining there weekly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive for out-of-town guestsswfoodieDined on 10/24/2014Our party of four all enjoyed excellent meals. Our NYC guests loved everything from the wine, apps to their entrees. You would have thought that they hadn't eaten for a week! We all absolutely loved the entire dining experience. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Luca Par ExcellencePiqua41VIPDined on 10/24/2014Fine Italian restaurants seem to be everywhere in Cleveland, but you can't do better than Luca. Of course every sauce is silken and the pasta homemade; bread, heavenly; wine list, encyclopedic. But the care and concern of the owners you won't find everywhere, and when they visit your table, they really want to know how they're doing. Friends who frequent Luca have a favorite waiter; that doesn't happen every day. And the view - ahh. Words fail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a GREAT place!KatinthehatDined on 10/21/2014Was my first time at Luca and it will NOT be my last. Great food, great wine, great service, wonderful location. It doesn't get much better than that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingClevelanderDined on 10/19/2014I have had different dishes each visit, and all of them have been excellent. This is a Cleveland hidden gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningPamJuan14Dined on 10/18/2014Great atmosphere, great food. Wait staff was awesome. Looking forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Dinner!AnnaDined on 10/18/2014My boyfriend and I could not have been more pleased with our experience at Luca's. From the ambiance to the food to the service - we were extremely impressed! And that Chocolate Mousse was to die for!!!!!!! SO GOOD!Special Features:
- Lucky Luca73stzDined on 10/18/2014The very busy Luca Restaurant provided excellent food for a very diverse crowd. We celebrated a 55th anniversary and others a 24th birthday so there is something for everyone. It is a pricey place but worth the extra money to be a part of the downtown scene. Each dish was delicious. We were in the first alcove so we were able to avoid the blasting music but the others did not seem to mind. It is a consistently good place to entertain and Luca is lucky to have the skills and the servers who help with pen lights to light up the menus.Special Features:
- consonantly excellentaugustch3oohDined on 10/16/2014Great restaurant, keep coming back and experience has been consistently excellent. We were disappointed that Rick was not there singing, as he usually does on Thursday nights. If they could indicate if he is not there on the website somewhere that would be great!Special Features:
- Not going backOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/11/2014House salad had absolutely no taste at all. Calamari was tough. Realized when we arrived home that we had been charged for two desserts that we hadn't had
- Good experience, but stuffyCFH82Dined on 10/11/2014My husband and I ate at this restaurant during a recent trip to Cleveland. The food was very good, service was excellent, however it had a bit more of a stuffy atmosphere than we are used to. We were the only ones there wearing jeans! We parked in a spot that said for patrons only and a valet came and told us it was only for valet during that time of the day. We had to pay them $5 to hold our keys and keep the car parked in the same exact spot which seemed silly to me. Our food was excellent and timely and our server was attentive and friendly. Prices were mid range unless you wanted alcohol which seemed overly expensive to me ($14 martinis and $9-$18 for a glass of wine). Pumpkin cheesecake was delicious! Overall a good experience.Special Features:
- Get ready for a feast!KimmieDined on 10/10/2014We recently took friends to Luca for their Anniversary and had an amazing night! The food, service and atmosphere were amazing!! The ink squid lobster ravioli is something I dream of!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The total experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014I have enjoyed four dinners at Lucca and each has been a totally positive experience. The food is innovative, fresh and presented beautifully. A wonderful variety to select from made with quality ingredients. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Nice but priceyKenAVIPDined on 10/5/2014Recently went to Luca with a group. The service was excellent and the food was good but priced 20-25% higher than similar restaurants.Special Features:
- By far the best!KateVIPDined on 10/4/2014I'm reluctant to share my review for fear I'll never get back into the restaurant. My wife made dinner reservations for my birthday this past Saturday night. Luca's is by far the top restaurant in Greater Cleveland. Best Sea Bass I ever tasted. My wife had the Lobster ravioli, perfect! Service was excellent, the husband and wife team have their act together.Special Features:
- Luca Could Do Better Overallhungry1Dined on 10/4/2014First visit to Luca for dinner on a Sat night. We were seated 30 minutes late for our table. While having a drink at the bar, the bartender did not know much about the beer or wine. The restrooms were a disaster and they looked like they had not been serviced all night. This was at 8pm. They had an industrial roll of tear off paper towels and the garbage was overflowing all over the floor. For an alleged upscale restaurant, this is not acceptable. The hostess offered to buy us a drink for having to wait so long past our reservation, but the drinks were charged to our bill. Our server kept disappearing and neglected us. Food was good, but not exceptional. Not in a hurry to rush back. Other Cleveland restaurants are more impressive.Special Features:
- Great Evening!BirthdaygalaDined on 10/4/2014We enjoyed every moment of this experience at our table for 8. The square table allowed for easy conversation with all members of our party. Food was superb!Special Features:
- DIning at LucaSangregVIPDined on 10/4/2014This was our 4th time eating at Luca. We specifically chose this place because the food is great and the view of Cleveland outstanding. It is a wonderful place to entertain out of town guests. Everyone was totally happy with their meals with included the sea bass, filet and chicken. The situation with the wine list we encountered is not unique to Luca and has happened at several restaurants in recent weeks. After carefully looking over the wine list and selecting a bottle that hopefully will appeal to all at the table, the waiter returns to tell us the wine selected is not available. Really? Overall our dinner guests were thrilled with the food and the view of Cleveland and it was a great beginning to our night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luca is OUTSTANDING!HudsonFoodieDined on 10/3/2014I hosted 3 of my girlfriends from around the country (DC, LA, St Louis) at Luca on Friday evening. They are uber-foodies and I was looking for a special Cleveland spot that would be memorable. LUCA reviews were good so we gave it a go - and happy that we did. The service was excellent, the view was spectacular and the food was off the charts. Osso Bucco boar was tender and luscious, calamari was zesty and flavorful, sea bass was excellent and Luca's wife made our evening with her wine selections. Also there is an original Michaelangelo hanging on the wall which was amazing and added to the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/1/2014Everything is really great about this restaurant. My only reason for rating it a 4 star is the price of wine. Well over 3 times retail. Really! Is that necessary.Special Features:
- Luca Food reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014First time at Luca. Very expensive. Over $250 for two people. That is not a problem. The food was not worth that money. My wife had lobster risotto. The lobster was chewy and bland. Not worth the entrée price of $55. I had veal medallions. The good looked Grey and didn't look appetizing. However it wasn't bad.
- Top Five in ClevelandaimetcoVIPDined on 9/27/2014This is by far one of our favorites, we can’t ever say enough about this establishment, the service is impeccable. Strongly suggest Luca’s to all of our friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the view aloneOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2014Food was wonderful, ambience was spot on. Great date place or even for any special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it...can't wait to go back!!bleeVIPDined on 9/19/2014Had the Duck, lobster ravioli and pasta parpadella Bolognese. So good, had so much food that we brought the rest home and had it the next day. did not want the half orders because we wanted the leftovers for the next day! Great service! Very nice view! Cant wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new favorite go-to eating place.bestyetinCleveDined on 9/19/2014I love this place. I wish I owned a corner or window table and could entertain everyone I know. It shows off Cleveland so well with building and bridge shapes , colors and lights and a great mix of business and industrial. The food is fabulous, very Italian, so good and served beautifully. The service was excellent, even when we asked them to turn down the music--they did!! And the valet service right outside the front door made me feel safe and sure about my coming and going. My biggest problem is I don't want to tell too many people , otherwise it will be booked all of the time and I won't be able to get a reservation as often I'd like!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2bakeDined on 9/18/2014Just another Great night of Food and Service! Just keep coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- finedinerDined on 9/13/2014Very cool restaurant. Needs to be lit up a bit. glad I had my flashlight with me. Service was not very good. Our server was in the weeds all evening. I think he was given too many tables. I have been drinking Santa Margherita pinot grigio for over 20 years and I have never paid $18.00 a glass or $72.00 a bottle that's insane. I will say the food is very good but they need to lower the wine prices.Special Features:
- Terrific views while diningPeyegalDined on 9/13/2014We came to Lucas with a party of 13. Each and every one of us had a terrific meal. May I recommend the salads...especially the beet salad and the tomato salad! The veal tortelinni seemed to be the most favored dish although all of their pastas are homemade and cooked perfect! Our waitor was the best...he was very entertaining and informing! The views are amazing...the atmosphere was upbeat and fun! The only setback here was it was a bit cramped for a large group. I would recommend sitting outside if weather permits if you have a large party. But we were very pleased with everything Lucas had to offer. We will return soon! Thanks for making my fathers 80th special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh FindCher2shareDined on 9/5/2014This food was amazing from the bread with the ubiquitous oil for dipping to the chocolate mousse cups. Classic dishes such as Beef Tartare and Beef Bolognese were prepared wonderfully as was the Sea Bass special and the waiter was very informative. This was a wonderful birthday celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diner12VIPDined on 8/31/2014We enjoyed a great meal with a group of 10. Request Guy as your waiter, he's very entertaining and a true professional - he enhanced our dining experience. The food is all made from scratch and is amazing. No one at the table was disappointed in their meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentClevelanderDined on 8/29/2014I have eaten at Luca's several times and have experienced excellent food and service every visit. I'm a foodie, and Luca's ranks at the top of my list for Cleveland restaurants. It's has a great ambiance along with a unique view. I would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good but no greatrepair76Dined on 8/28/2014Very nice view and great live entertainment. Our waiter was on the ball with everything, but had no personality that was evident to us. Under cooked eggplant rollatini was tough but still tasty and the steak tartare was better than great, but the egg yolk wasn't completely separated from the whites. The pasta entrees were so damn good words couldn't do them justice! This restaurant is on our "must return list".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is excellent,mkmkDined on 8/28/2014my compliments to the chef. I had veal and my husband had the a pasta entree. We were both pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.