711 Grant Street
Denver, CO 80203Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.lucadenver.com/
- Phone: 3038326600
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Frank Bonanno
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Luca D'Italia can accommodate parties up to 18 guests in a semi-private dining room. Restaurant buyouts are available for parties up to 65. Please contact our event coordinator for details.
- Private Party Contact: Emily Schwartz 3035251702
A word from Luca D'Italia
Chef Frank Bonanno dug into his Sicilian heritage and east coast roots to create this authentic Italian Eatery. Brightly painted walls and contemporary art create an upscale, urban feel at Luca d’Italia, where knowledgeable servers quickly meet your needs and engage easily in conversation about a menu that changes monthly. Luca has amazing personal touches from the daily made breads and pastas to the meats and cheeses that are cured in house, to the charcoal drawing of Bonanno’s son (and the restaurant’s namesake) that hangs in the dining room. Luca d’Italia is colorful, lively, and tasty; the menu is designed for gluttonous abandon. It’s not your ordinary pile-of-pasta-and-sauce Italian joint; it’s the real (and tasty) deal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Luca D'Italia - Best Restaurants in Central ›
Luca D'Italia reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (73)fit for foodies (68)romantic (57)notable wine list (56)neighborhood gem (40)good for groups (10)hot spot (7)late-night find (3)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- AnneversaryJakeDined on 8/8/2014The food and most of the wait staff were amazing overall great atmosphere for special nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/8/2014Knowlegable wait staff, excellent wine Stewart ands terrific food!Special Features:
- Still our favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2014Consistently great food and service. We've been coming here for over 8 years and keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedWish4betterDined on 8/2/2014Have enjoyed before but this time the food was just ok & over-priced. Annoying that add a tip for 6 people then made no mention. Our fault to not notice but felt inappropriate when everything already felt over-priced.Special Features:
- Top Notching Dining in DenverdollyfoodDined on 8/2/2014The menu is innovative and DELICIOUS, the service is excellent and the atmosphere inviting. A truly outstanding dining experience.Special Features:
- Great Dinner and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/1/2014The service was absolutely exceptional. From the moment we arrived to the completion of the meal, the staff provided great service and made every effort to ensure a memorable experience. The food was outstanding as well. It was just a great experience and it was clear that the service team were truly professionals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like going to ItalyskiingsamDined on 7/29/2014It is very special. Jim's presentation of the wines are excellent and so is the wine. Food and special care is always top knotch.Special Features:
- Birthday dinner!mangiaVIPDined on 7/29/2014We had a very lovely birthday dinner with family and enjoyed the entire evening. A little pricey for a casual Saturday night but for a special occasion it was perfect.Special Features:
- Absolutely Wonderful!MichiganiansDined on 7/26/2014My husband and I LOVED our dinner at Luca D'Italia -- fantastic service by a lead waiter and the team, fresh and delicious food and wonderful ambiance. We're from out of state, and discovered the restaurant through a list of top 25 Denver restaurants. It delivered more than we could have imagined!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelygmfurDined on 7/25/2014Lovely spot for wine and dinner. The food is excellent and the service is equally wonderful. It is one of those places that have long term patrons that all the staff knows. That says something about a place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine assistamceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/25/2014Best sommelier in the business. Always very helpful and accurate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/24/2014I was disappointed I must say. Place was practically empty on a Thursday evening.. Food was good,not great Service was great. You can get many better meals elsewhere in town at lower costs.
- Nice Celebratory DinnerFischyDined on 7/23/2014My work colleagues and I met up at Luca D'Italia to celebrate. Luckily they do have complementary valet otherwise parking would be difficult. We were promptly seated and given many recommendations on items on the menu. Wait staff was informative and friendly, food was delicious, but we did not have room for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top NotchWestminsterJoshDined on 7/19/2014This restaurant was incredible. Our waiter was friendly, timely and very knowledgeable about the food. Speaking of the food, it was amazing! There were four of us and we all did the 4-course tasting. We ended up getting to sample nearly the entire menu and there wasn't a single dish that didn't taste incredible. The food presentation is quite impressive as well. The wine pairing was skillfully customized just for us rather than a standard pairing for each dish. The restaurant is certainly on the expensive side, but I think it was well worth the food, wine and service. Hands down one of the best restaurants I've been to in Denver!Special Features:
- LuvfoodDined on 7/18/2014If was easy to get a reservation, the staff were friendly and attentive. The menu was explained in great detail, and the service prompt. I left my credit card there and they called me within 10 mi utes so I was able to go right back and get itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedDavidSDined on 7/18/2014Food is fine but this place is way, way overpriced
- DJT16Dined on 7/16/2014We had an early reservation midweek and since we were there last they have opened up the front windows on the side we were seated. The traffic noise especially until rush hour was over was not pleasant and put us off. We can't figure out why they would open it up like that. One of the reasons we go to Luca is for the quiet ambience. We may have to make it a winter favorite.Special Features:
- Luca reviewTinman3012Dined on 7/12/2014Food was high quality but my gosh there was a lot of salt in it. The next morning my wife and I had a Miralax moment from all the sodium in the food. Service seemed to be just about right.Special Features:
- Amazing!andrewawDined on 7/11/2014Fantastic all the around. Celebrated our anniversary and couldn't have been better. Highly recommend 4 course meal with wine pairings.Special Features:
- Delicious, yet very quiet.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/10/2014I really enjoyed my recent birthday dinner at Luca... fabulous food, though a bit on the pricey side. The quality couldn't be much better. Fresh breads with rosemary lardo spread, an amuse bouche, the freshest of pasta, perfectly-prepared fish, and a sweet bite at the end of the meal. Very classy all around. But even though we had an early dinner (gotta get home to put the kids to bed), I couldn't help but worry about the future of this restaurant. There were 2 of us diners, and at least a staff of 8-10 serving us. By the time we left (an hour and a half later) there were only 3 additional patrons. Perhaps the expense and buttoned-down decor/setting is off-putting to most people. I love the food, but it might be time for a Luca refresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/9/2014We had the 4 course selection with wine pairings, and the experience was one not to be forgotten. Every one of the wines went so well with the food, and the flavors of the food and wine seemed to improve when enjoyed together. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Luscious LucaTechfoodieDined on 7/9/2014The restaurant is worth every one of the high points it receives on Zagat. Extraordinary quality coupled with superb presentation and service. Who could ask for more? We'll be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You can do betterOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/1/2014A nice place to be with good food. Don't be thirsty for wine or a cocktail because it might take forever to get one. Or more. If your server ever shows up, try to get all your business done in one fell swoop because he may never return, or if he does it is a "drive by" as if he's on roller skates. And it seems that he doesn't have a name, or it would take too long to tell you. It did seem that the rest of the people at Luca would have been quite helpful, but we just had bad luck that day.
- pastaviandieVIPDined on 7/1/2014the fusilli with mushrooms is an outstanding dish. they know how to cook pasta.good Italian winesI would recommend this to a friend.
- DenvertouristDined on 6/25/2014Excellent food and service. Attractive dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceklc2615Dined on 6/24/2014We did the Chef's 6 course tasting menu (they choose all courses for you), and we enjoyed each one. The wine selection seemed to be trying too hard; unless you're a wine fanatic, save the extra money and order what you want. Overall, a great dining experience. We'll be back for special occasions.
- PerfectYummersDined on 6/21/2014We chose the 6 course tasting and couldn't have been happier. The food was delicious! There wasn't any dish that I didn't enjoy, but the pasta course was my favorite. Everyone who worked at the restaurant was helpful, friendly and knowledgable. It was a great experience from start to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top rateDiscerning4excellenceDined on 6/21/2014Excellent food and service. Very flexible arrangements for ordering. Superb menu. Knowledgable server, Kip, and clear and amicable with excellent interpersonal skills. Relaxed and intimate environment. Nice welcomes.Special Features:
- DelishOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/20/2014Food was fabulous and staff were friendly, knowledgeable, and pleasing all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulplutemusDined on 6/19/2014Great food and service. The swordfish was perfect! Hope to return again soon.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceMorohtarDined on 6/6/2014The staff was prompt and attentive, the presentation clean, and the food flavorful and perfectly seasoned. We enjoyed a lovely meal and are already looking forward to a return visit. My wife was more than thrilled with her duck entree!Special Features:
- Okay...GourmandVIPDined on 6/6/2014Food is always fine here...I don't know, I just think there needs to be a bit more umph? Everything tasted fine...I expect a more magical explosion of flavors from Frank...everything was so so...a bit too pricey for what this place has become...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service; savory food terrificspaceplutoDined on 5/31/2014Dined here Saturday, May 31. Our server was outstanding and very patient (knowledgeable about the food and wine, good-natured about a very discerning diner in our group, not begrudging our party the chance to linger over coffee/dessert though it was just about closing time, etc.). For the most part, the food was delicious, though the dessert (tiramisu, a should-be slam dunk for an Italian joint) was sadly mediocre. The entrees were all delicious. There were limited options for the vegetarian in our party, but the restaurant was kind about it (bringing a meat-free amuse bouche and offering to consult the chef if any of the menu offerings weren't appealing)- much appreciated! I'd certainly recommend for a nice [adult] meal. Mille grazie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpencerrcspencerrcDined on 5/31/2014I love good food and this was excellent, we had reservations and we were seated promptly; however it took an hour and forty minutes to get our meal. Needless to say that spoiled the evening. Sorry guys you need to work on service.Special Features:
- Always Consistent!Tboy5280VIPDined on 5/30/2014Great food, wine, atmosphere and service. Luca always is spot on all on all accounts. Kudos !Special Features:
- AmazingEmCeeDined on 5/28/2014Dinner was amazing. The food was outstanding & the wine suggested to us was fantastic! The service was the best I've had in Denver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely experienceSugarPlumDined on 5/24/2014Amazing staff, very friendly, down to earth and most of all knowledgeable and attentive. The menu was interesting and allowed you to be very inventive either by turning the evening over to the chef with six course tasting menu orchestrated daily. Or by indulging in a 4 course tasting menu off the menu or by just going a la carte. We went a la carte and everything we had was prepared beautifully, was fresh and delicious. Clean plates all around. The weakest course was dessert...but still pretty tasty. Will definitely return...Special Features:
- Salty and smallOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/23/2014The service was great and our waiter patient and pleasant. The food itself was small in portion (which was not the issue) but the amount of salt used. That was all two of the 4 main dishes could taste.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/21/2014Luca D'Italia is an incredibly tasteful restaurant! It is classy with an ambitious yet refined menu that expresses the talents and creativity of the chefs. The atmosphere was great for a date and is sure to impress any lady. I also highly recommend Bones, another restaurant by the same owner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is fantasticKhabeggerVIPDined on 5/17/2014The food is great always innovative and definitely delicious. The service is exceptional, they make you feel like you are the most important person at the restaurant. You have their undivided attention, which has to be difficult because they are busy, but they pull it off. The management takes the time to train their staff well and the staff is phenomenal. This was our anniversary and made our celebration very special. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.