1545 Peachtree Street
Atlanta, GA 30309Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lpcrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4048888709x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner : Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - close
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining Room seating up to 40 people with private bar.
- Private Party Contact: James Wallace 4048888709x
- Special Events: Please contact James Wallace (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange an event in our private dining room
- Cross Street: Spring Street
- Public Transit: The Arts Center Marta stop is half a mile from the restaurant and the Marta bus stops outside the restaurant.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Parking is situated in the rear of the Peachtree Pointe office building in which La Pietra Cucina is located.
A word from LPC
LPC is accessibly located in Uptown Atlanta and delivers casual, comforting, and classic Italian fare courtesy of acclaimed Chef Russell Kook. The restaurant, a collaboration between the acclaimed The Johnson Studio and Concentrics Restaurants, offers a fresh, light and airy vibe allowing the outside in.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
LPC reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance2.7Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (3)great for lunch (3)fit for foodies (1)romantic (1)great for outdoor dining (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Convenient if you're in the areaOTPDinerVIPDined on 7/24/2014I can't imagine this would be destination dining for anyone but it's a good spot for lunch if you're in the area.
- Mike F.ChetmanDined on 5/24/2014We arrived at 7:30 on a Saturday, and the place was empty. I think that it is more of a lunch and week night place, over a weekend place. It has great food and the service was very good. But if you want to go somewhere on the weekend to be among people, this is not the place.Special Features:
- Very goodpdunningDined on 5/16/2014Find is always excellent, but the place was empty. Maybe we were early. Pasta was wonderful- boar bologneseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 659 reviews are from the LPC reviews archive.
- Overlooked neighborhood gemLoganDined on 4/19/2014Really great food, solid wine list. Not sure why more people don't frequent this neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Empty restaurant - think theyMLC2VIPDined on 3/28/2014Empty restaurant - think they need to be concerned!
- hard to beleive this is ratedOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 2/28/2014hard to beleive this is rated as a good italian eatery. food was mediocre at best and menu was not great. service was fine since nobody was in there on on friday at 730 pm.
- February 15ATLNativeDined on 2/15/2014Day after Valentines Day. Restaurant had small crowd, but with only three servers, service was very slow. We ordered the Salmon and my wife had the other fish. I've never had bland salmon before, but the flavor had literally been cooked out of it and my wife's fish was paired with something bitter tasting. Our server was working three larger tables and I believe was acting as the bartender for each of them, which explained why it took nearly 15 minutes to just get our cocktails while we looked over the menu. Our waiter seemed preoccupied with everything else in the restaurant. Have been in the restaurant business myself, this place better figure it out quickly, because a name change isn't enough to draw people in and keep them coming back.
- Stale bread ...chimigiVIPDined on 2/15/2014I had high hopes for this restaurant due to rave reviews, however, we had a bad experience. First off, the bread was stale and the server did not make an attempt to bring fresher bread. The beet salad was excellent, however, my octopus appetizer was way too salty. Menu is very small with not much pasta selection. Good luck if you do go!
- Lovely LunchGATYCVIPDined on 1/17/2014LPC has a great menu selection! You can't go wrong with one of their pizza specialties or the delicious brussel sprouts salad. Quick service & delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tucked AwayMilongueraVIPDined on 1/11/2014Even though there is street visibility, LPC is tucked away in the most inconspicuous spot on Peachtree Street, at the street level of the Invesco Building. Formerly La Pietra Cucina, LPC has become less trendy and now seems very comfortable in its place in Atlanta dining. It's never crowded, much of the staff remains consistent, and the food is always good. There are a few items on the menu that seem to never change, and other items that change regularly. We have dined there many times and are never disappointed. The bar is also very well stocked and the staff are very knowledgeable with the wine list of mostly Italian wines that I know little to nothing about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome first experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/11/2014I'm from out of town and never been here before. Had an awesome first experience. The food, atmosphere, service, and entire night was great. Service was incredibly friendly, helpful, and fast. Food was excellent. And the bar scene is great. Although we were just there for a date night dinner, I would've loved to stay at the bar later because it was a great place. Will definitely recommend it to others and be back for another visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good dinner!KAtlantaVIPDined on 1/10/2014We had not been to LPC in some time, but had a delightful dinner with friends where we could actually carry on a conversation without loud background or crowd noise. The food was delicious! The octopus appetizer and brussel sprout salad were divine. The mushroom risotto was a table favorite. Service was great! We will be back.Special Features:
- DisappointedJeffVIPDined on 1/4/2014Now I know why this restaurant is often empty - it simply isn't very good. Plenty of better places to eat in Atlanta. If you're looking for good Italian - check out 246 in Decatur.
- Great ExperienceDraytonDined on 12/31/2013My boyfriend and I came here for a New Year's Eve dinner. The service was great and was the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LPC deserves attentionOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/18/2013We had a delicious meal at LPC but the restaurant, except for one other table and a small group dining in the private room, was empty. The arugula salad with hazelnuts was perfectly dressed, using the freshest greens. The butternut squash ravioli was tender and well balanced. I think the garnish of ricotta salata was not needed and seemed out of place, but the dish was very,very good. The cod we shared for our entree was a generous portion of perfectly pan fried filets set on top of al dente cannelli beans. A rustic tomato compote married the two elements. The service was attentive and friendly. I know the wait staff is lonely with so few patrons. I hope this place survives because it deserves to be noticed.Special Features:
- Nice ambiance, food okbrjwDined on 12/6/2013The lunch was just ok for me. I had the cobb salad which seemed kind of skimpy to me. Also, it included bacon pieces that seemed like they weren't cooked down all the way, so the skin was tough and rubbery. I love the interior of the restaurant, and the ambiance is nice, but the food was just so-so for me.
- wonderful experience!happydinerVIPDined on 11/14/2013Showed up late in the evening but our waiter met us with a smile, let us take our time and enjoy the wonderful food, wine and ambiance. A really great dining experience... try the brussel spout salad and any pasta for a happy taste experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie pasta heavenlpcRocksDined on 10/19/2013Went on a Saturday night - no trouble getting a reservation. The service was impeccable. Wine list was amazing. Two of us shared three half-sized pasta and risotto dishes, all of which were absolutely fantastic. Each was so different but they worked well as a nice tasting trio. The coffee gelato and chocolate budino desserts were also a lovely way to end the night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for lunch meetingNuageAtlantaDined on 9/23/2013I attended LPC along with 6 guests for a networking lunch meeting. The restaurant was nearly empty --- that was great for us since we could hear each other so well, but I would have expected there to be more diners. I would have liked for the restaurant to have been more full. All of that aside, the food is outstanding and I will continue to dine at LPC for all types of occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerEaterGirl831Dined on 8/31/2013I went to LPC for a romantic birthday dinner with my boyfriend after reading about the restaurant in Zagat. The prosciutto flatbread was our favorite dish of the night. The frito misto was good, but the large portion was quite filling and a bit overwhelming. He had the bollonase, which was amazing.I ordered the squid ink spaghetti after reading great reviews on it, but I was unfortunately very very disappointed. It was so spicy and odd that neither of us were willing to finish it. To LPC's credit, both pastas were handmade and very high quality. For secondi, I ordered the salmon, which was phenomenal. The combination of flavors and lightness of the dish was truly exceptional. The skin was crispy and the fish was insanely juicy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There's better italian elsewhereOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/24/2013Limited menu, ordinary food, bad service. Bar looks nice.
- Better than expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/24/2013After reading a few of the mixed reviews my girlfriend and I were a little reluctant to try this place, although it is so convenient for the Ansley Park Playhouse, where we were headed after dinner. Surprisingly, this place was not busy at all. It started getting a little busier before we walked over to the play. The service we received was very good. One thing I hate is when servers are overbearing and make you feel rushed. When a place isn't busy it would be easy for the waiter/waitress to be at your table all the time. Our waitress did a very good job of giving us time to enjoy the place. The dinners we ordered were very good. Lots of flavor and perfectly cooked. We would definitely go back and would recommend LPC to others.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed my first time experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/21/2013Enjoyed my first time experience there, as did the others in my group. Would return for a dinner.Special Features:
- I would recommend LPC if youmgatlantaVIPDined on 8/17/2013I would recommend LPC if you don't mind waiting. The service is not good; we waited from the moment we got there, for our wine, for our meal, for our dessert (which came well after we were done with coffee). The food is good, but the overall experience takes away from the enjoyment.I would recommend this to a friend.
- An absolute mustOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/22/2013Absolutely great food. A great wine list; great service. The menu was fabulous. The only concern was that there were not a lot of people in the restaurant for how fabulous it was. Hopefully people pick up on this great find and this restaurant makes it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/15/2013Dined outside this time. It was so nice and peaceful. We had the meatballs, which were not only huge, but very tasty. I've had bufala mozz salad several times, but this one is definitely one of the better ones I've tasted. We had the Linguni carbonara and the Salmon. I was reminded that it is easy to mess a simple dish up, but to prepare a classic dish properly is not always that easy; and LPC always does it well! The carbonara is one of the best I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dead sceneOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/23/2013Food was good. Service was ok. Ordered a glass of wine and it took 20 minutes to arrive, despite the fact that we were the only ones in the restaurant. Valet guy charged us $3 to park our car, before we entered the restaurant, and all he did was back it up into a space right where got out of our car. We were at this restaurant for 3 hours. Other than one couple that had a drink and appetizer then left, we were the only ones in the place. On a plus side, they were playing good music. ;-)Special Features:
- This restaurant was recentlyMoDogVIPDined on 4/27/2013This restaurant was recently renovatated, and now is more open, brighter, and contemporary. The kitchen is now visible from the dining room. I would particularly recommend the goat cheese agnolotti, which was not what I expected. It was very light with a great flavor profile, one of the best pastas in Atlanta. The veal loin was wonderfully seasoned, a marked improvement on an earlier dish. Be warned that the valet parking is not complimentary.Special Features:
- Exceeded our expectationsTonyVIPDined on 4/19/2013Exceeded our expectations. LPC is now so much better than it was during the last two years and on par with the original cooking that put them on the map.Special Features:
- Closing???PBD1963VIPDined on 4/13/2013Not sure what is going on here, but this is not the same restaurant we have been to in the past. On a Saturday night there were at most 6 tables of people and 2 at the bar. The wait staff was terrible, our waiter had 2 tables and he was sweating. Drinks to forever and came incorrectly made. With the exception of the hostess it appeared to be everyones first night and they had come from a fast food background. The appetizers were great, pasta's and entrees were forgetable (had they not be very expensive, for what they were, BLAND). The kitchen found flavor for the appetizers (which were quite inventive), but the entrees seemed to lack even salt (or any seasoning at all). It appears they have lost all their staff and are planning to close!
- Fantastic Dining Experience!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/13/2013I recently heard that LPC had revamped. I'd been to the old location, and while the food was good, it was very $$$, so was glad to find that LPC is much more affordable than it used to be. I first gave it a shot a few Fridays ago when some girlfriends and I went to take advantage of the $5 pizza from 5-7-- tried all 3; absolutely delicious. My husband and I made it back this wkn and had a fantastic experience. The service was top notch and the food was memorable and delicious. We started with the brussel sprout salad, which went perfectly with a crisp glass of white wine. Next, the daily bruschetta -- salmon, smoked in house. Yum! LOVED the squid ink pasta, goat cheese agnolotti melted in your mouth and salmon entree was great. GO!Special Features:
- Delicious food and great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/5/2013Food and service was amazing. The ambiance was not my taste - music and lighting. I would recommend that they update their music and dim the lighting. Other than that, it was fabulous. Their salads are very unique, fresh and yummy. Try the goat cheese ravioli and you will not be disappointed!Special Features:
- The food was excellent asWestsideFoodieDined on 3/30/2013The food was excellent as well as the service. The meat ball appetizer was generous and very tasty with the added unexpected sweet pepper added to the sauce. The papparadelle was also very generous and just right, not overcooked. It was a suprise to be in a quiet restaurant for a change! Being able to talk without shouting should be every good restaurant's goal.Special Features:
- The food was fabulous andOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/23/2013The food was fabulous and the service great. The octopus appetizer was the highlight of the evening.Special Features:
- Engaging food, attentive staffOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/23/2013We enjoyed a fabulous dinner at LPC. First, the staff is terrific! I asked a Q about a cocktail and the barkeep came right out to share his thoughts. The chef came out twice to chat, including sending one of our foodie foursome home with tarragon salt. Salads were truly fantastic--best beet salad I've had in years (rich, sweet diced beets paired with crunch of nut and cream) and a super-fresh brussel sprout salad that was very innovative. Very tasty butternut squash ravioli and a short rib done to perfection, with a reduction that was perfect for the polenta. Rich, fab chocolate cake for dessert.Special Features:
- What happened to the old ambiance?JuneVIPDined on 3/8/2013This restaurant used to a cozy place with a fresh take on Italian, great service & wines. It is clearly under new management. The menu is uninspiring. The pizza was tasteless. The pasta carbonara boasted home-cured pancetta; however, it lacked the saltiness that should have complimented the otherwise bland sauce. The lights were so bright. After another table complained they did adjust them. The first two glasses of wine were stale and we sent them back. Where we sat looked more like a middle-of-the-road hotel restaurant than a chic, urban eatery. The seasonal gelatto lacked creaminess and taste. Disappointing considering that this was one of our go-to restaurants in Midtown Atlanta.
- My boyfriend and I loved LPCOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/1/2013My boyfriend and I loved LPC when Chef Logue was preparing the best pastas in the city! Since the transition we were hesitant to spoil our memories as we knew the restaurant had gone in another direction. We decided to try it out this past weekend with mixed results. The more casual atmosphere was nice but is at odds with the Italian cuisine as the new decorations are reminiscent of a pub/golf club than of a casual Italian eatery. The food, while not bad, has most definitely lost the elevated quality it held under Logue. The complex, heavenly pastas have been replaced by poor replicas that do not live up to the originals. The appetizers are good though Americanized. Service was good and friendly. Overall not bad, but likely not returning.
- Disappointing.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/25/2013The place was empty on a Tuesday night at 7:30. Food was only fair.
- Great upscale Italian fare.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/16/2013Great upscale Italian fare. A little pricey, but all of the dishes were rich and terrific. Welcoming ambiance and very friendly and attentive waitstaff.Special Features:
- One of the best restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2013One of the best restaurants I have been to. I look forward to going back again. Butternut sqush ravioli was marvelous.Special Features: