Love Is Blind
225 Altara Avenue
Coral Gables, FL 33146Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $30 and under
Love Is Blind
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.loveisblindrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3057740985x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30-11pm
Friday: 11:30 - 1:00am
Saturday: 10am - 1:00am
Sunday: 10:00pm - 10pm
Lunch Monday - Friday 11:30 - 4:00pm
Brunch Sat - Sun 10:00 - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, International
- Executive Chef: Antonio Sucre
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate private and semi-private parties for 40-70 people in the restaurant with some restrictions. We also have an upper terrace private area that can be rented for large events.
- Private Party Contact: Alejandra or Guillermo 3054033103x
A word from Love Is Blind
Love is blind is located in Coral Gables at the Collection building. It offers an affordable fine dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Love Is Blind reviews from OpenTable diners
132 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
romantic (80)special occasion (73)good for groups (64)vibrant bar scene (44)great for brunch (35)neighborhood gem (35)fit for foodies (34)hot spot (33)great for lunch (31)late-night find (18)notable wine list (15)great for outdoor dining (11)kid-friendly (10)scenic view (5)Show More
- Great!loveditDined on 8/22/2014Again we had a wonderful time, enjoyed the food and the ambiance, highly recommend itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic service. fun atmosphere305RSVPVIPDined on 8/22/2014The third restaurant from the owners of Dolores/Lolita & Crazy About Is the best one yet. Good, reasonably priced food in a great, funky space with candles galore, and the service could not have been any better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnermiamigirlDined on 8/21/2014The food was great, the restaurant was beautiful. Our waiters (Cesar) sense of humor was not appreciated. He was very sarcastic and rude. I had to ask for water several times. When we ordered a bottle of wine he looked at my boyfriend and I with a bad face. Before coming to the restaurant I called and advised it was a birthday dinner, the waiter acted as if he was unaware and sarcastically said the front desk girls are gone let me call them and see if they answer. I did not appreciate his comments at all. From the moment he approached our table I wanted to leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014The place was neat, the services great and the food amazing, but the company was the best of the night oh yeah she was BEAUTIFUL and happy..Special Features:
- The Proposal!NMTechDined on 8/16/2014I proposed to my fiancé here, great atmosphere, romantic, and perfect for date nights, anniversaries, or just a night out with family. Servers are very courteous and the food was great. Try the croquetas! And the American Dream dessert! I had the best salmon which was not burnt and cooked as it should be. At the end of the evening, the manager thanked me for choosing their restaurant for the proposing to mum fiancé there and I feel like I will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a romantic timesuoliva0815Dined on 8/15/2014My husband and I went to Love is blind for our 5th wedding anniversary. The place is very romantic. Lighting and decor make it just right. Because it was our anniversary we received 2 champagne glasses, which was a nice touch. Our waiter was very attentive and made helpful suggestions. The only negative aspect of the night was the fact that we were seated close to the bar area and there were some noisy people who caused some distraction. The food was good, not outstanding. The price is average for the area where the restaurant is located, but for the experience we found it to be ok. I suggest the Serrano Ham croquettes. Overall it was a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I used to rave about this placeAudrey1Dined on 8/15/2014Great evnviroment. Until this visit. Came for a friends birthday our waiter was excellence the good was amazing. However we received the absolute worst service from the GENERAL MANAGER who happen to be in that night. I have never received such rude service like that. Not even at a fast food restaurant. She had our server come back and forth as her middle man to relay messages. Instead of coming up to us. She did not allow us to grab a drink at the bar cause we were already seated. That's not what got us upset it was her attitude towards it. And because of that I don't believe I will be coming back to this restaurantSpecial Features:
- AReviewAReviewDined on 8/15/2014Quircky and fun with a great menu and delicious food. A tribute to its sister restaurants. Sound carries, and it was fairly noisy at a lunch 1:30 in the afternoon. Not the place for good conversation, but definitely a place not to miss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad bad bad serviceMigjaggerDined on 8/10/2014Our waitress was awful with service, took almost 20 minutes to get our drinks. The worst part is the restaurant was almost empty, no excuse for bad service. Ordered a stella beer, and she gave me a mahau. Even after I had just had to remind her for our drinks. The bread for the table was cold, like refrigerator cold. I ordered the salmon al sal, and it was very mediocre. The mashed potatoes were hard, i had to use a knife to cut mashed potatoes! Our drinks were never refilled, nor was our water even. The only thing the place has going for it is the decor, thats it. Food and service is very poor, especially for the price. Will not be coming back again.Special Features:
- ExcellentFoodie101Dined on 8/10/2014Love this place, better than driving to Brickell for Lolita or Crazy About you. Excellent customer service, and delicious food..... St. German Cocktail is my favorite!Special Features:
- Great Experience!loveditDined on 8/8/2014Loved the place, the atmosphere, the décor. The service from our server, Gonzalo, was outstanding. We made excellent choices when ordering from the menu. Had a wonderful time, I have already recommended it to friends and will certainly go again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedWolverine1Dined on 8/3/2014The food and service were poor. My family and I were quite disappointed. This property was not as good as their other two restaurants.
- Group BrunchBrunchgoerDined on 8/3/2014I coordinated a Sunday Brunch with a party of 8, we were a bit late and waiting a few minutes to be seated. The food was great, I had the "huevos rotos" eggs and potatoes for appetizer and chicken and waffles for entree which was really good. Mimosas are $0.99! but our server kept disappearing. We ordered American Dream brownie sundae for dessert and it was good and the presentation was nice. Everyone enjoyed their meal except the service was almost obsolete.Special Features:
- Brunch heaven!simplyblue7Dined on 8/3/2014Great place for brunch. Amazing food with large portions. Great deal on mimosas!Special Features:
- NiceCbacpaDined on 8/1/2014We arrived in Coral Gables to visit U of M. Checked opentable, found Love is Blind and enjoyed our lunch of a uniquely prepared Cuban pork sandwich, sliders and wrap. Great spot to meet and chat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great anniversary dinner spotMaar10Dined on 7/31/2014Great ambiance when you enter, a contemporary scene with many candles. Hip decorations. There was a loud vibrant group standing around the bar but it didn't disturb our dining area. Reservation was not needed on this Thursday evening. Very kind (Cuban) professional waitress. House wine bottle is a great deal and quality coffee is served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely placeMcaninoDined on 7/27/2014Brunch was awesome.the service was great! We brought our 1 ur old daughter and every was very attentive. Definitely going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014This place would be better with a piano bar or other romantic live music.Special Features:
- Exquisite ExperienceLediDined on 7/26/2014My family and I visited "Love is Blind?" on Saturday and we had a fantastic time. From the hostess to the waiter and everyone in between were all very pleasant and enthusiastic! I would definitely recommend this place to my friends and everyone I know. I was very impressed with the interior design! It was very creative and gave a sense of home. The best of luck to the owners and congratulations on your vision!Special Features:
- Nice Spot... I'm Coming BackAntonioDined on 7/26/2014This place is great. I came here for the first time this past weekend for brunch. The restaurant has a great ambiance and fun décor with interesting little signs and sayings cleverly posted. The brunch menu was a nice mix of interesting items and was a pretty good value. I had the short ribs benedict and my friend had the breakfast calzone. Both were excellent, and you can’t beat $.99 mimosas! To top it off, our waiter was awesome…I wish I could remember his name, but he was really great... really funny, friendly and attentive. I actually commented that I want him to be my waiter at EVERY restaurant I go to! I’m definitely bringing my husband back to try dinner one evening.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014The ambiance was exactly what I read about on the website. i wanted a cozy, private table for an intimate occasion. The houe chardonnay was delightful! They even gave us the option to change it if we didn't like it. The food was phenomenal! Delicious! The presentation was gorgeous. Our waiter was kind, helpful, and pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too hot!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014Great food, great ambiance, great service very well priced. But so hot I wanted to leave!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good!NandyadDined on 7/23/2014I like Crazy About you, specially the view! Lolita is very good too, I was waiting to try out Love is Blind, and as I expected, was a great experience. The food was delicious, great ambiance, good service and good prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerYuriJoseDined on 7/19/2014Manny the waiter who took care of us was very friendly , funny and made our dinner very pleasant. Atmosphere was great. Thank you guys. Surely, we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent servicesherlockDined on 7/18/2014We loved this hidden gem. The ambiance was just what we were looking for....dimmed lights and candles. The waiter was the best and the food was exquisite. Definitely recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/18/2014Best service I have experienced in Miami. Very personal and attentive.Special Features:
- nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/16/2014Love is blind is an awesome restaurant the service was great and the good was awesome as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Half off wine on WednesdayskpantoufleDined on 7/16/2014Took my bf for his birthday. We loved it every minute of it. From the great and tender filet mignon to the juicy Chilean sea bass, the yummy appetizers and an awesome selection of wine, the experience was amazing! We had a bottle on wine and it was half off . The price helped keep the ambiance going. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/15/2014For a moderately priced menu, the place was up-scale. Happy Hour, fantastic prices. Menu great selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SUNDAY BRUNCHDissapointedDined on 7/13/2014Being a new venue, the staff and management need to be more alert to small details. Our water (in the bottle) was served room temperature (when other tables clearly had cold water); we had to request a change of water. After two mimosas we were told that the bar had run out of mimosas and this on a Sunday Brunch where mimosas are well evident to be popular and on demand at any other location. The noise and sound level is extremely loud to the point of most patrons talking loud just to hear themselves. No valet parking although street parking was fine within a half block distance. We took our grandchild (baby) with us and at one point my wife went to the ladies room to change the baby but there was no facility or means.
- DeliciousJCJCDined on 7/13/2014The service was very good but the food was excellent. I went for sunday brunch. I got a mimosa but they had a bloody mary bar to make it yourself that looked good for next time. I had the oyster bisque and my daughter had the 3 cheese calzone as appetizers it came free with meal. I had the pizza oven omelet real tasty but had lots of black pepper and my daughter got the short rib benedict both very good. We ended with the make your own sundae, small but enough to end a big meal. I will go back again.Special Features:
- 10 starsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Everything from the food to the service is beyond spectacular. This place is PERFECT for any occassion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch menu.bbusta16Dined on 7/12/2014Cheap prices huge meals. Only tried food from their brunch menu. Service was great and food didn't take long to make. Staff was friendly and took their time to assist us.Special Features:
- Great Place, room for improvementMelfood22Dined on 7/12/2014I have been to this restaurant twice. My dinner experience was great all around. I hadn't been back in a while and saw a recent ad complimenting their brunch. It had a picture of their hangover breakfast sandwich which looked delicious, pretty much all I had my mind set on when I made my reservation. When I got there the hostess was ok, sub par on the friendly level. We sat down and our server was very nice and made sure we knew how the menu worked. My only complaint about the server and it may just be a restaurant standard is that, mineral water should not be the default water serving. Now, food, they didn't have the bread to make the sandwich. Immediate disappointment and let down for brunch. Also, coffee was not ready, for 10 am brunch?Special Features:
- Lovely RestaurantKristypieDined on 7/11/2014This is a great place. I took a friend here that was visiting and she was very impressed. The food is great and I would especially recommend the short ribs. Delicious.Special Features:
- GABLESmartyVIPDined on 7/9/2014THE FOOD WAS GOOD AND INEXPENSIVE AND THEY HAVE GOOD PRICING AND GOOD PROMOTIONS ON WINESSpecial Features:
- OK ~ I'm sure you've had better!KarynaVDined on 6/30/2014The place is beautifully decorated. The prices for the food choices are average & limited. Food tastes good but not great. Service average. Servers knowledge of how food is prepared - poor; when the client needs to teach server ...that should've been my red flag. Not worth the $$ and for decor & ambiance, you'll find that anywhere in Miami.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014We had a reservation for a table for 5 and were taken along the entire length of the totally noisy bar scene to a table in the back of the establishment that was obviousely for 4. The hostess was most appologetic and gave us a table for 7, which did accomodate our group however we were still next to the uproarously loud bar crowd. so we nSpecial Features:
- outstandingSophie2014Dined on 6/22/2014Great customer service Perfect ambience Love the decorations Great menu options Fantastic and delicious food Waiter- very knowledgeable and very friendly Love the mimosas for $.99 Awesome place!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FVB1402Dined on 6/21/2014Great food, great ambiance, great service. This place was amazing and would totally recommend it! Cant wait to go back .Special Features: