142 West 10th Street
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.louronyc.com/
- Phone: 212-206-0606
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday- Saturday 5:30 PM - 11 PM
Brunch: Sunday 11 AM - 4 PM
Monday: Nossa Mesa Supper Club @ 7 PM. Tasting Menus. Call restaurant or email email@example.com.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: David Santos
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our private party room accommodates up to 32 guests. We are also available for buy-outs of the restaurant. We offer special menu options and wine pairings.
- Special Events: Have your next special event at Louro. Private room available for up to 32 people.
We also offer special themed prix fixe dinners every Monday night at our supper club Nossa Mesa. Please call us or make a reservation via OpenTable. Menus can be viewed on our website at http://www.louronyc.com
A word from Louro
Louro Restaurant by Chef David Santos presents a menu of New American cuisine, highlighted by international influences. The daily dinner menu at Louro is offered six days a week (Tuesday – Sunday), drawing from the Chef’s French culinary background, Portuguese heritage and acclaimed creative cooking and dining experiences. Monday night dinners feature revolving themed dinner experiences inspired by the success of Chef Santos’ popular Um Segredo supper club. Prior to being the Executive Chef at Louro, Chef Santos held the same roles at such restaurants as Per Se, Bouley, and Restaurant Nicholas. Enjoy his creative fare in a sophisticated yet relaxed setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Louro reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (28)neighborhood gem (24)good for groups (18)romantic (14)special occasion (13)notable wine list (7)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (6)great for brunch (6)late-night find (3)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great dining experiencessousaDined on 10/15/2014Dinner at Louro is quite the experience. Excellent food and delicious cocktails. There are plenty of options that cater to anyone and everyone. Highly recommend it to anyone who lives or visits NYC! It does not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better Than EverConstantEaterVIPDined on 10/5/2014Louro is an exciting place to eat, as the menu changes often and the special theme dinners can't be beat for taste or value.Special Features:
- EmptyonionringgirlDined on 10/5/2014Four of us left disappointed after brunch. The restaurant was looked clean and nice, but it was completely empty. We thought this was due to the early reservation (11: 30AM), but no one showed up. One other group walked in as we were leaving at 1pm. The bloody Mary was almost too horseradish-y (which I usually like), clumpy and unpleasant to drink. The seafood fritters were ok, but our mains were not. I should have known when the waitress said that my poached eggs and bean dish was a cassoulet with some fresh and some canned beans. It was poached eggs on cold can beans. When I tried my cousin's pork loin sandwich, I was equally unimpressed. Too much mayonnaisey sauce, bland and chewy pork loin. All in all it wasn't great and kind of sad!
- Another WONDERFUL nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014Again and again Louro delivers! Food as good as the best for half of the price!!!!!!! My favorite restaurant in NYC.Special Features:
- Poor Service, Okay FoodNYCGVIPDined on 9/18/2014My date and I waited over 75 minutes for our appetizers to arrive; we were offered bread about 2 minutes prior to this. Restaurant was barely half full. There was no offer of a free round of drinks or dessert -- just the rationale that "the kitchen is backed up because they messed up another table's order." The food was okay but we were so irritated by the poor service that it needed to be Jean-Georges level cuisine to compensate. We will not be returning.
- outstandingPartisantDined on 9/6/2014another outstanding meal at Louro. The Octopus bolognese was out of this world. Their super fresh, inventive combinations of flavors and seasonal cooking makes this spot a real find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recommend this gem!hopeDined on 8/15/2014Loved your banquette seating. Nice and cozy for 2. While the menu is small, the food is delicious, especially the spicy fried rice! Lively restaurant, with good service & food. Looking forward to going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodrand1Dined on 7/25/2014I dream of the ricotta. The small plates were much better than the larger plates, but of course you need some of the larger ones to fill you up.Special Features:
- deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/3/2014food was great- surprised it was not busier but it should be! a number of salad options as well which is nice.Special Features:
- Great foodLeonDined on 6/28/2014Really enjoyed everything we ate - creative and delicious. Service super friendly and professional. A little loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 266 reviews are from the Louro reviews archive.
- Father's Day BrunchnycdinesDined on 6/15/2014Came for father's day brunch around 12:30. Place was empty except for one other table that had already been served. We ordered the shrimp appetizer which came quickly and was tasty. However, our entrees took forever-especially considering place was literally empty-and portions were on small side. Food was average, dishes consisted of alot of bread and very little of anything else (we had tuna sandwich, poached egg, and omelette.)
- Another Terrific Experience!acfoodieVIPDined on 5/28/2014This was one of my many repeat visits to Louro with a large group. We shared several starters and also enjoyed our own entrees. As usual, the food was absolutely delicious and affordable! The Skate with black garlic and an artichoke marmalade was a favorite, as were the Charred Runner Beans with ghost chili. The service was friendly and gracious. In terms of the decor, one of my friends declared, "I like it in here - very cute atmosphere" - a sentiment I have heard time and time again. We will definitely be back for brunch and to enjoy the happy hour with...get this...free bar snacks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/24/2014I chose Louro because of chef reputation & resto location and I along with my 4 companions came away raving about dinner. Food was terrific and staff were cool and pleasant. It was easy to share and I thoroughly enjoyed all the dishes I tried. will definitely try it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in the villageOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/22/2014Louro is the best restaurant in the village, best value for the quality of the meal. Go early for "Happy Hour at the bar" and move to the dining room for your dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New American by NYUMrCEVIPDined on 5/16/2014Nice spot down by NYU. Good food and good service. It's a little loud but overall a nice change from the previous restuarant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/15/2014The restaurant looks beautiful. The Menu is well designed and everything we tried was perfect. We started with the house made ricotta, farro salad and bone marrow. We had the octopus bolognese, skate fish and the chicken for the main dishes. This is the same kind of cooking of 3 stars Michelin for half the price! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chefbrettDined on 5/11/2014I eat out a lot, and never take OpenTable's invitation to write reviews for the site. I'm just lazy, but I had to make an exception for Luoro. As a chef, and frequent restaurant diner, I stay aware of current restaurants and while I had heard of and wanted to try Luoro for some time, I had never made it there, nor had anyone made a point of telling me to go there. What a shame! The service was extremely friendly without being in your face, and they were willing to offer opinions, but steer clear of the pretense that often accompanies such exquisite food. The dishes I had were interesting, and EXTREMELY well-executed. The restaurant, at 7 on a Sunday, was nearly empty, and that is a crime. This restaurant is too good to be empty. Please go.Special Features:
- outstanding!!!!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/27/2014Had a wonderful time at Louro. The restaurant looks amazing but the food is the reason why you want to go back and back and back. Great job louro team!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the ambiance at Louro!Ronnie212Dined on 4/27/2014Louro was such a great spot for brunch or if you just want to stop in for a cocktail or two.. Loved the food and appreciated all the attention to keep our coffee cups full! Whoever designed this place is awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not great.SmithVIPDined on 4/26/2014Overall, had a nice time and the food and cocktails were good. Service was fine. Unfortunately, nothing was memorable. The chicken took half an hour and was flavorless, the octopus pasta is supposedly one of the top 100 dishes to eat in NYC, but the swordfish pasta dish at L'Artusi is much better. All-in-all a fine evening, just not worth repeating.Special Features:
- Best dinner I've had in a whileClemDined on 4/23/2014Louro is simply amazing: beautiful place, friendly service, and the food is AMAZING. We tried 3 small plates and one large plate, as well as 2 desserts, and everything was absolutely delicious and well worth the price. The cocktail list is also fantastic, and the ones we tried were excellent. Definitely one of the best dinners I've had in a while!Special Features:
- Great brunch - service shortfallsdcspikeVIPDined on 4/20/2014The food was very good. The layout is typical for the area, and the overall experience was good. The service by the hostess with regard to Open Table was poor. In fact, the service by the hostess almost ruined the entire experience.Special Features:
- Easter BrunchCitronovaDined on 4/20/2014The Bloody Mary's were excellent, the rest of my experience was very disappointing. We sat at the back of the restaurant, which seemed to have no ventilation, as the meal progressed, it got more and more uncomfortable. The brunch starters and entrees were OK. The desert, a mixture of florissant colors on a plate, did not look appetizing in the slightest. The server tried his best, but was unable to describe food in any meaningful detail. I don't believe I will be returning.
- Fantastic!!!tinaDined on 3/23/2014No complaints at all! Great atomsphere, great service and great food. We loved the roasted cauliflower salad - it was to die for!! And the service was amazing. The hostess even looked up the theater we were going to and told us how to get there without our even asking. She had casually asked where we were headed and we told her and she immediately pulled it up on the computer. We loved everything about our experience and have already told friends about it!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great inventive food butOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 3/22/2014Food was slow to arrive and it was loud. If neither of those things would bother you, go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic cauliflower..OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/15/2014The food was amazing. The seafood fritters were divine, the cauliflower unforgettable. Nice wine. A bit too loud for my liking, but great service and a nice setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EhhEatsALotDined on 3/14/2014This place was ehh. Good food but aggressive service and a host that wasn't bad but also not particularly hospitable.
- Very Pleasantly SurprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/14/2014I went to Louro with parents while they were visiting. I had read some good reveiws but didn't know much about it and couldnt tell if the eclectic menu offerings would be good or too weird. However, from the first bite to the last we were all in heaven. We ordered about half the menu and ate family style, and every dish was amazing. From the goat and falafel to the broccoli three ways to the octopus bolognese, we were continually surprised and impressed by each dish. The kimchi hot pot was a little disappointing in comparison to everything else, but even so I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a good meal downtown.Special Features:
- Great spotLouroDined on 3/13/2014Wonderful neighborhood restaurant in the West Village which is a fun area to stroll. Service and staff exemplary, friendly. Food great with interesting variety. Have events on Monday nights.Special Features:
- The Chef is a GeniusOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/28/2014The Chef uses simple and regular ingredients and makes them look and taste delicious. Cocktails are very interesting and good. Service is professional. This place is no joke! It is the real deal!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a whole lot of mehChandelleDined on 2/21/2014What, on first glance, seemed a quirkily inspired, creatively put-together menu, revealed a lack of focus and seriousness in the kitchen. The overall feel was that combinations were thrown together more for visceral impression value than for any intrinsic quality or understanding of ingredients. Just really unrefined, especially for those prices. Service was polite but a bit stiff and beginnerish. Art on the walls was black and white photos of salt and pepper shakers, better suited to a Hale & Hearty, and the music too often veered into that restaurant-approved tech-house hybrid you often find in Miami. Too many good places in the neighborhood to take Louro seriously, despite its brazen attempt to merge interesting, disparate ingredients.
- Delicious Food and Friendly ServiceacfoodieVIPDined on 2/20/2014Louro is one of my favorite restaurants. The atmosphere is casual, yet refined; the service is friendly and upbeat; but the main draw is the perfectly executed cuisine. Each dishful is thoughtful and innovative (imagine homemade pasta with a Bolognese Sauce made from Octopus!), as well as artfully presented. My most recent visit was a few days ago with a group of friends. We began with Prohibition-style cocktails, followed by a variety of starters like the Pumpkin Salad, The Pickled Oyster Salad, and Tomato Soup with Pork Grilled Cheese, all of which garnered rave reviews. Our entrees included fresh fish dishes and house made pasta. The decadent desserts were also a must. We all loved every minute of the experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good inventive menuOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/16/2014We dined here last night and enjoyed the pumpkin salad, and skate which was delicious. We tried the calamari ragu bolognese which was strage. The sauce was good but the cocept of chopped up calamari was a turn off in a bolognese sauce. Otherwise I would return and get something else. Service was great and ambiance also great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made a reservation and thenJenSVIPDined on 2/15/2014Made a reservation and then was seated in the very front in one of the large booths despite there being just two of us. It was a romantic dinner out so we were hoping for a smaller table in the back. The waiter was inattentive and was rude to my husband when he ordered a jack and ginger. He is not a drinker except for this on a rare occasion. And yet I get this is not up to your foodie standards but perhaps offer/suggest him something equivalent. The tasting menu that was advertised on the website and the reason we went there was not available. The food we did get was very good! The overall experience was not the best.Special Features:
- great food and great servicemarton1313Dined on 2/7/2014Wonderful food and wonderful service. The cocktails are delicious and every plate was unique and special. I recommend the Pecan desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/6/2014Food is innovative and simply superb! Another wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad food, good serviceNylonVIPDined on 2/4/2014The quality of food at Louro has decreased since they first opened. I ordered the kimchi hot pot, which was served with mushy shrimp (probably bc they were frozen) and was just a bowl of spicy water. My husband had the pork, which was tender and balanced dish. The service was great and our waitress was veery accommodating when I sent my wine back. The bread was the second best part. Go for drinks, not for food.
- Birthday DinnerAliPDined on 1/28/2014Wonderful little spot. The ambiance was terrific and the food was a perfectly portioned and tasty. I think a group for a birthday or other dining event would work well here. You can share all the plates and the price point is just right. Our server was extremely knowledgeable as well. He picked perfect food and drink pairings for the evening. A great neighborhood spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Louro early on a Fridayjot3Dined on 1/24/2014Very nice place for a light meal with friends. We arrived early on a Friday night and were pleased with the variety on the menu and the eclectic approach to combining influences in the dishes. The special cocktails are especially interesting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy brunchCharichokriVIPDined on 1/19/2014It was delicious. Even our vegetarian friend had to try the bacon and loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.