270 - 14th Ave SE
Calgary, AB T2G 0L3Neighborhood:
BurgersPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.loungeburger.com/menu.html
- Phone: (403) 250-2747
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Friday: 11:00am - 2:00am, Saturday: 5:00pm - 2:00am, Sundays: 11:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Burgers, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Cameron Slade
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from loungeburger
Located across from the Calgary Stampede grounds, loungeburger is a great place for pre and post event nights. With a menu featuring over 13 signature burgers, our Chef strives to tantalize your taste buds with a truly delicious burger experience. For sports fans we have 24 HD LCD TVs, including personal TVs in semi-private booths. We cater to large groups and special events. Book early for Flames games and other major happenings at the grounds... seating is limited. We are conveniently located on the C-train line and have multiple busses close by. For our menu, Please visit http://www.loungeburger.com/menu.htmlContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
loungeburger reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (28)vibrant bar scene (16)neighborhood gem (10)great for lunch (10)fit for foodies (8)hot spot (8)late-night find (6)special occasion (4)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)romantic (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Excellent Service & good burgersOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/24/2014The service was great...slowed down a bit once the restaurant filled up (only to pay), which is understandable. We were there a bit earlier in the evening (5:30 pm) and had lots of time to eat and get to the concert we were going to. Food came to the table quickly and was really tasty...the four of us each had something different and everyone liked what they ordered. Even when the restaurant was full, we had no problem with the noise level and no one pressured us to leave. If you like burgers, you should try this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food not as good as it used to beKimmyVIPDined on 10/31/2014Although we appreciated being able to make a reservation on game night, the food was a disappointment. The last time we were there, last year before a game, the food was more flavourful and not dried out like it was this time. The buns and the patties were dry and had a tough texture, like they had been pre-cooked and nuked to order. Very disappointing. The pouting gravy was the Franco canned stuff too- Yuck.Special Features:
- hungryFlamesfansDined on 10/28/2014My overall rating relates to my menu choice. Some of my companions were disappointed in their meal selection. The buns were a little dry, and the burgers were not as tasty as expected. Great location for pre-event dining.
- Poorly OrganizedFlamesFanDined on 10/25/2014We made a reservation prior to the Flames game and when we arrived, we were guided to a table and then told to "hold on a minute" while standing in the middle of the restaurant. We decided to sit at the table that was open, and after 5 minutes passed, the hostess came back and directed us to sit at a different table (which was also a four top so the move seemed very unnecessary). Service was slow. Our first drinks took over 10 minutes as "the bar was a little behind" but our server was pleasant when she did come by the table (not often).Special Features:
- Great food and servicelewdvigVIPDined on 10/21/2014Ideal meeting place pre-hockey game. Good place to unwind post hockey game. Nice beer selection, Canadian craft beers on tap.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/20/2014Unfortunately we did NOT have a good experience. Nobody came to our table, 20 min had gone by, we had to get the manager to grab a server to take our drink order (this wasn't even her section, our server was MIA). We gave our food order at the same time as our drinks, thinking this could makes things go faster because we had a concert to go to. 45 min went by, everybody had left the restaurant but us, and still NO food. We had to grab the manager AGAIN...she checked on our food and it had been MISSED! The manager did cover our drinks and then took 15% off our tab, however, when we got our food the fries were cold and the salmon on the salmon burger was rock hard! Needless to say we were VERY disappointed. I will say the manager was good.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/20/2014Bar was great, but took over an hour to get 4 burgers.Special Features:
- Good food but slow serviceburgerfan403Dined on 10/20/2014The food here has always been great but in my last visit our waitress was horrible. Took our food and drink order then didn't check on us till it was time to pay over an hour later. Food took nearly an hour to come out from the time we ordered. Our server walked by and noticed empty glasses but didn't check if we wanted a refill. I know they laces as busy as there but was a concert on but our serve only had 4 table see. Just one for hem appeared to be of her friends so her other tables got neglected. Still great burger as usual.
- Great pre-event venue!DoseeDoDined on 10/20/2014We arrived fairly early before a concert and had very excellent service and delicious cocktail recommendations. Burgers were good and are served a la carte so you can choose your own side, or not. As expected, the service slowed as the crowds arrived, but still very pleasant.Special Features:
- pre Flames gameCowtownVIPDined on 10/8/2014slow service and terrible burgers, I will not be going back to eat. maybe just for drinks.
- Gone DownhillRaskerDined on 10/5/2014I remember when this place open. It was amazing. The burgers were all custom-made and it seemed like a really original place. Now it's just another average burger place. I had the shrimp and prawn burger and it was lukewarm at best. A new one was made but it came out so fast that I don't think they are made fresh or it was microwaved. Either way it's not something I would have again. It is way overpriced for the quality of food that came out.Special Features:
- Great service!PhinDined on 10/4/2014I went here to meet with my family for lunch and we had a great experience. The service and fast and very friendly. Our food was delicious, especially my Kobe Burger. For a side, I strongly recommend the waffle fries. It will make all other fries you eat in the future unsatisfiable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I liked the relaxed feel to things.NewtoCalgaryDined on 10/3/2014Our Server was very pleasant. The greeting at the door as I came in was informal yet professional. Our food and drinks came right on cue. The burgers are large and you had best be hungry when you order them. The surrounding residential towers are on the high end side so this place fits right in. The monitors at the table are a nice touch if you're a sports fan!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great atmosphereJayStylesDined on 9/30/2014My wife and I took our two friends out for dinner here before the Flames game. They brought their 8month old little boy with them. Although the restaurant allows kids until 9pm, it's not ideally setup for them. That aside, the place was great! The servers were really attentive (loved coming over and ogling the little guy) they stayed on top of our drinks, appy came out fairly quickly... and the food was FANTASTIC. We had a reservation for 5:15 (with the Flames game starting at 7, we didn't want to be late for it). We showed up a little late to the restaurant (5:25) but they got us in right away. We visited, ate, and still had lots of time to get to the game. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-game go-torocksterDined on 9/29/2014LB has a great social media presence, promoting themselves as a pre-game (Saddledome) spot. Based on my first experience there, I'd have to agree. You might find the burgers a bit on the pricier side ($15 min w/ sides), but the quality is there to support it. I'll definitely be adding this to my pre-game rituals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it! Will be back!paradizegirlDined on 9/22/2014Service was slow, but the food makes up for it! They made 1 mistake on my order and the manager took care of it. Will definitely be back soon!Special Features:
- Dinner before showOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014Went to lounge burger reservation for 6:30 followed by tickets at 8. Ordered within 10 minutes didn't get our dinner until 745 and were late for show. Was overcrowded- our table was way to close to the others around us we had to adjust our seats to fit comfortably. Waitress was nice and felt really bad. Good was ok when it finally came burger was sloppily thrown together probably due to rush.
- First time - disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014This was our first time to Loungeburger and we went there as a group of 6 before an event at the Saddledome. Our server was great considering she was supposed to be training that night but they threw her in because they were short.The bar was so slow that people were leaving their tables and getting drinks from the bar, our drinks took close to half an hour to get. I was really excited to try the food there but it took over 45 minutes to get our food and it was cold. Not just lukewarm...ice cold burgers. We got the wrong poutine and they clearly forgot one order as it came out 5 minutes after the rest of our food and it was steaming hot. The manager was great and admitted they had a bad night and comped up some food and drinks.
- Disappointing mealThalia23Dined on 9/19/2014The restaurant is nicely appointed and in a great location. However, we were constantly waiting for drinks - we received our appetizer before getting our drinks. Our meals were underseasoned with stale buns, and we received the wrong sides, and it took a long time to receive the correct ones. When we asked for the bill in frustration it was incorrect. We left with dirty dishes still on the table, 45 minutes after finished our meals. Overall, we were very unimpressed and it wasn't a great way to start our night. None of us will be returning.
- Not worth the hype!disappointedDined on 9/19/2014Our table was so close to the table beside us that I felt like we were dining together! Plus the table was wobbly so everytime we moved it would teeter back and forth and practically spill our drinks. The waitress even commented about how annoying that must be and did nothing to fix it! I took the time to make a reservation and was given the worst table in the house! So not impressed. The service was slow and I had to go to the hostess desk to ask for the bill so we didn't miss our concert. The food was mediocre - I was expecting something more unique. Instead it was ordinary and boring. I was expecting a more impressive experience. So not worth the hype!
- Birthday blastOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Had my sons 21st birthday dinner here, it was great! The only thing lacking was a candle for the dessert, great food, great service. Alround wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-So Bar Food.DowntownDinerDined on 8/19/2014Food was only OK, value is terrible. Onion Rings were cold, fries were cold, Chicken sandwich was dry and over cooked, paid $2 extra for mushrooms on my burger, recieved about one sliced up mushroom. Poutine was good with a healthy portion. We had two minors (teenagers) in our party, waitress spent most of her time with the table of 6 guys behind us, we played second fiddle.Special Features:
- Yummy burgers!TravelJanetVIPDined on 8/19/2014If you are heading to an event at the Saddledome, think about grabbing a bite at Loungeburger before you go. The burger choices are very good - I highly recommend the 'black & blue burger' if you are a blue cheese fan or the Hawaiian burger if you like a hit of pineapple flavour. Also some gluten free choices. Our server was knowledgeable about the wine list and made a favourable recommendation for a pinot noir. Parking is available beneath the restaurant and also across the street which is very handy.Special Features:
- Pre Tom Petty Drinks/FoodDiDaDined on 8/19/2014Dry rib appetizer excellent. BLT burger just OK; thought it would be tastier since that's what the restaurant specializes in "burgers". Couldn't taste the bacon. Minor problem with service - 1 bad beer out of a keg (line problem; sitting in line), order not split for 2 as requested, gravy forgotten in 1 order. Waitress was friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for... Salads?LostInTheShuffleDined on 8/12/2014I love the burgers here. According to the other three I dined with, who all had salads, there's plenty of great food besides the burgers. Like the beer variety, like the wines, and the service was great. Sylvia was a great server and had some great suggestions for us during our visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Services - but....HappyasaclamDined on 8/4/2014First time visit - went before a concert - heard it was good. In my opinion, very expensive for burgers and you get "nothing" with that burger. Everything is a la carte so tack on another $5 for a salad or fries. Buns are "huge" and not all that fresh. Service was good, but I wouldn't go back. Sometimes the music would be at a tolerable level, and then the next song would be so loud you couldn't talk, then back to tolerable?
- The following 272 reviews are from the loungeburger reviews archive.
- Awesome time!MonCherieDined on 7/19/2014We went to LoungeBurger to start the night for a friends bachelorette party and had an amazing time! The wait staff, bar staff and manager all treated us so well we felt like royalty. Awesome time for sure!Special Features:
- Boring burgersSamson127Dined on 7/18/2014Food not interesting. Salad crotons rock hard salad tasteless. Fries were excellent. Burgers were generous in size but had no wow factor.Special Features:
- Poor Service, low quality foodGinganinja1Dined on 7/17/2014I went with a friend. We were promptly greeted and seated, that was great. Then the server was very disinterested in our being there. She took our drink and food order and we didn't really see much of her after that. I'm guessing the manager or shift supervisor was excellent, friendly and attentive he topped up or drinks a couple times. When our food came it was very bland. Flavourless would be the best description. I had been there once after it first opened and it was much better. I am not going to be making any recommendations for this place.Special Features:
- Pretty poorSandyDined on 7/16/2014Booked before online. They gave our table away to fit another group. Clients came in two weeks later and wanted to go there. Tried for three days to call their number. No one answered. Left three voice mails. No call back. Ended up going anyway. Got a booth after no one was at the door to seat anyone. First waitress asked us our drinks, but forgot them. Second waitress got the drinks. Food took forever to come, and two peoples sides were not wrote down by the waitress so we had to wait again for those. Once we were done we had to ask both waitresses to get our bill. Once one girl did, their debt machines broke, but still processed our payments. We had to login to our online banking to prove their system took our money. Avoid this place.
- A good burger jointMeteorainDined on 7/13/2014We have been to Loungeburger on several occasions. Their menu has changed since it first opened which is unfortunate. When they first opened, they had a "build your own burger" section on the menu with many unique combinations of meats and toppings. They have removed this section of the menu and it's now just a set selection of burgers. The burgers they produce are still very enjoyable which is why we keep coming back. It's a good place to go if you are looking for a place to eat before heading to the Saddledome or Stampede grounds for an event. It is a sporty atmosphere with TVs mounted in each booth usually showing some sort of sporting event.Special Features:
- Waited 1hr30mins for foodomnomnomosaurusDined on 7/12/2014It was my brithday, we made a reso at 5:45 and had a concert that started at 7:30, we figured we be good, right ? Wrong. It took an hour and thirty minutes for us to get our food in which the waitress maybe showed her face twice? The food however, is delicious. We ended up being late for our concert,mthis is not the first time this has happened to us here !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stampede let downYycdinerDined on 7/11/2014We visited Loungeburger for the first time during Stampede, after hearing how great their food was. Our server seemed completely disinterested and interrupted our tables' conversation several times. Our meals arrived incorrect (is no onion that difficult?) and even though we asked for more beer with our food, it never arrived. Even getting water seemed to be a struggle - and we arrived BEFORE the resteraunt got busy! The most disappointing, was that the food was just average. For somewhere that specializes in burgers, it was pretty disappointing that my rodeo burger made by a 16 year old tasted better.Special Features:
- Long wait for food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014We waited over an hour for our meal. It was a pre concert dinner and had to scarf down our burgers in order not to be late for the concert at the Dome. Manager gave bus 25 percent off bill because we complained.
- good foodsperoDined on 6/30/2014we have been eating here since its oppening ,when we visit from australia for stampede and fishing the bow river and the food has been fantastic every time ..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!Susie50Dined on 6/26/2014Good was awesome and so was the service. Glad we made a reservation. Great place to go before a concert! Will be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Location!DiLCDined on 6/26/2014Staff made me feel very welcome and comfortable as I waited for my friend to arrive. Loved the spice poutine! The onion rings were perfectly done. The Chicken Chunk Salad was great! A big plus is that LB is located right across the street from the Saddledome. Easy to get to the show after dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/25/2014Food was just ok. Took long and appie came out with meal. Reserved table, then got there and no tables available. Had to sit at bar. Service was very good though.
- Great food - slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/25/2014We went for dinner before the Cher concert. We has a reservation for 4:45pm for 3 people. We were seated in a great booth & about 5 mins after we were seated our server came & she took our drink order. It took 20 mins to get our drinks - I don't want to blame the server as I think the problem was the bar! I often saw several waitstaff waiting at the bar for drinks. Our food came after 30 mins ( the place was packed so not surprising) . The food was awesome! Two of us had the chicken burger with Brie & my husband had " the big kahuna". Really delicious . The restaurant has lots of energy & super close the the stampede grounds- make sure to make a reservation!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only OkaysnackerDined on 6/25/2014Went for dinner pre-concert, excellent location for that. Ordered the chicken burger - the top piece of the toasted bun was dry and fell apart as you were eating, the chicken was good though. Ordered a side of yam fries - they were extremely over salted and the aoli dip that came with it tasted like a bottled ranch dip mixed with mayo - My friend had fries and gravy and did say that it her side dish was good. Decent drinks menu -Special Features: