270 - 14th Ave SE
Calgary, AB T2G 0L3Neighborhood:
BurgersPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.loungeburger.com/menu.html
- Phone: 4032502747
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Friday: 11:00am - 2:00am, Saturday: 5:00pm - 2:00am, Sundays: 11:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Burgers, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Cameron Slade
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from loungeburger
Located across from the Calgary Stampede grounds, loungeburger is a great place for pre and post event nights. With a menu featuring over 13 signature burgers, our Chef strives to tantalize your taste buds with a truly delicious burger experience. For sports fans we have 24 HD LCD TVs, including personal TVs in semi-private booths. We cater to large groups and special events. Book early for Flames games and other major happenings at the grounds... seating is limited. We are conveniently located on the C-train line and have multiple busses close by. For our menu, Please visit http://www.loungeburger.com/menu.htmlContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
loungeburger - Best Restaurants in Calgary ›
loungeburger reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (21)great for lunch (16)vibrant bar scene (14)hot spot (13)neighborhood gem (11)late-night find (10)fit for foodies (6)special occasion (6)great for brunch (3)romantic (2)great for outdoor dining (2)notable wine list (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Birthday blastOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Had my sons 21st birthday dinner here, it was great! The only thing lacking was a candle for the dessert, great food, great service. Alround wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-So Bar Food.DowntownDinerDined on 8/19/2014Food was only OK, value is terrible. Onion Rings were cold, fries were cold, Chicken sandwich was dry and over cooked, paid $2 extra for mushrooms on my burger, recieved about one sliced up mushroom. Poutine was good with a healthy portion. We had two minors (teenagers) in our party, waitress spent most of her time with the table of 6 guys behind us, we played second fiddle.Special Features:
- Yummy burgers!TravelJanetVIPDined on 8/19/2014If you are heading to an event at the Saddledome, think about grabbing a bite at Loungeburger before you go. The burger choices are very good - I highly recommend the 'black & blue burger' if you are a blue cheese fan or the Hawaiian burger if you like a hit of pineapple flavour. Also some gluten free choices. Our server was knowledgeable about the wine list and made a favourable recommendation for a pinot noir. Parking is available beneath the restaurant and also across the street which is very handy.Special Features:
- Pre Tom Petty Drinks/FoodDiDaDined on 8/19/2014Dry rib appetizer excellent. BLT burger just OK; thought it would be tastier since that's what the restaurant specializes in "burgers". Couldn't taste the bacon. Minor problem with service - 1 bad beer out of a keg (line problem; sitting in line), order not split for 2 as requested, gravy forgotten in 1 order. Waitress was friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for... Salads?LostInTheShuffleDined on 8/12/2014I love the burgers here. According to the other three I dined with, who all had salads, there's plenty of great food besides the burgers. Like the beer variety, like the wines, and the service was great. Sylvia was a great server and had some great suggestions for us during our visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Services - but....HappyasaclamDined on 8/4/2014First time visit - went before a concert - heard it was good. In my opinion, very expensive for burgers and you get "nothing" with that burger. Everything is a la carte so tack on another $5 for a salad or fries. Buns are "huge" and not all that fresh. Service was good, but I wouldn't go back. Sometimes the music would be at a tolerable level, and then the next song would be so loud you couldn't talk, then back to tolerable?
- Awesome time!MonCherieDined on 7/19/2014We went to LoungeBurger to start the night for a friends bachelorette party and had an amazing time! The wait staff, bar staff and manager all treated us so well we felt like royalty. Awesome time for sure!Special Features:
- Boring burgersSamson127Dined on 7/18/2014Food not interesting. Salad crotons rock hard salad tasteless. Fries were excellent. Burgers were generous in size but had no wow factor.Special Features:
- Poor Service, low quality foodGinganinja1Dined on 7/17/2014I went with a friend. We were promptly greeted and seated, that was great. Then the server was very disinterested in our being there. She took our drink and food order and we didn't really see much of her after that. I'm guessing the manager or shift supervisor was excellent, friendly and attentive he topped up or drinks a couple times. When our food came it was very bland. Flavourless would be the best description. I had been there once after it first opened and it was much better. I am not going to be making any recommendations for this place.Special Features:
- Pretty poorSandyDined on 7/16/2014Booked before online. They gave our table away to fit another group. Clients came in two weeks later and wanted to go there. Tried for three days to call their number. No one answered. Left three voice mails. No call back. Ended up going anyway. Got a booth after no one was at the door to seat anyone. First waitress asked us our drinks, but forgot them. Second waitress got the drinks. Food took forever to come, and two peoples sides were not wrote down by the waitress so we had to wait again for those. Once we were done we had to ask both waitresses to get our bill. Once one girl did, their debt machines broke, but still processed our payments. We had to login to our online banking to prove their system took our money. Avoid this place.
- A good burger jointMeteorainDined on 7/13/2014We have been to Loungeburger on several occasions. Their menu has changed since it first opened which is unfortunate. When they first opened, they had a "build your own burger" section on the menu with many unique combinations of meats and toppings. They have removed this section of the menu and it's now just a set selection of burgers. The burgers they produce are still very enjoyable which is why we keep coming back. It's a good place to go if you are looking for a place to eat before heading to the Saddledome or Stampede grounds for an event. It is a sporty atmosphere with TVs mounted in each booth usually showing some sort of sporting event.Special Features:
- Waited 1hr30mins for foodomnomnomosaurusDined on 7/12/2014It was my brithday, we made a reso at 5:45 and had a concert that started at 7:30, we figured we be good, right ? Wrong. It took an hour and thirty minutes for us to get our food in which the waitress maybe showed her face twice? The food however, is delicious. We ended up being late for our concert,mthis is not the first time this has happened to us here !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stampede let downYycdinerDined on 7/11/2014We visited Loungeburger for the first time during Stampede, after hearing how great their food was. Our server seemed completely disinterested and interrupted our tables' conversation several times. Our meals arrived incorrect (is no onion that difficult?) and even though we asked for more beer with our food, it never arrived. Even getting water seemed to be a struggle - and we arrived BEFORE the resteraunt got busy! The most disappointing, was that the food was just average. For somewhere that specializes in burgers, it was pretty disappointing that my rodeo burger made by a 16 year old tasted better.Special Features:
- Long wait for food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014We waited over an hour for our meal. It was a pre concert dinner and had to scarf down our burgers in order not to be late for the concert at the Dome. Manager gave bus 25 percent off bill because we complained.
- good foodsperoDined on 6/30/2014we have been eating here since its oppening ,when we visit from australia for stampede and fishing the bow river and the food has been fantastic every time ..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!Susie50Dined on 6/26/2014Good was awesome and so was the service. Glad we made a reservation. Great place to go before a concert! Will be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Location!DiLCDined on 6/26/2014Staff made me feel very welcome and comfortable as I waited for my friend to arrive. Loved the spice poutine! The onion rings were perfectly done. The Chicken Chunk Salad was great! A big plus is that LB is located right across the street from the Saddledome. Easy to get to the show after dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/25/2014Food was just ok. Took long and appie came out with meal. Reserved table, then got there and no tables available. Had to sit at bar. Service was very good though.
- Great food - slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/25/2014We went for dinner before the Cher concert. We has a reservation for 4:45pm for 3 people. We were seated in a great booth & about 5 mins after we were seated our server came & she took our drink order. It took 20 mins to get our drinks - I don't want to blame the server as I think the problem was the bar! I often saw several waitstaff waiting at the bar for drinks. Our food came after 30 mins ( the place was packed so not surprising) . The food was awesome! Two of us had the chicken burger with Brie & my husband had " the big kahuna". Really delicious . The restaurant has lots of energy & super close the the stampede grounds- make sure to make a reservation!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only OkaysnackerDined on 6/25/2014Went for dinner pre-concert, excellent location for that. Ordered the chicken burger - the top piece of the toasted bun was dry and fell apart as you were eating, the chicken was good though. Ordered a side of yam fries - they were extremely over salted and the aoli dip that came with it tasted like a bottled ranch dip mixed with mayo - My friend had fries and gravy and did say that it her side dish was good. Decent drinks menu -Special Features:
- DisappointedFoodieDined on 6/25/2014This is my third time to this restaurant and I was extremely disappointed. I found the food just average and it used to be great. Our coffee was served cold and when they did give us a fresh cup it was terrible. I think they are surviving because of location to the Saddledome. I won't be going back there, nor would I ever recommend it again.
- Pre concert dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/25/2014We went to loungeburger prior to a concert. It was a pretty busy place. I ordered a strongbow only to be told they were out of stock. I ordered a wine which came in more of a highball glass with not very much in it for price. I ordered the salmon burger as it sounded delicious. I was disappointed when I got it as it tasted a little bland and dry.Special Features:
- Great Menu - Good LocationBdaydinnerDined on 6/17/2014This is definitely a hot spot especially on game night as it is right by the Saddledome. Their self-seating lounge is always a great alternative if you get there early enough on game night assuming that you couldn't get an OpenTable reso. The diversity of the burgers on the menu is great, however if you're looking for other options, there isn't a ton here. The salads options are quite good and are good portion sizes. I always try and get the "Potchos" as they are a great group starter. I tried the Kobe burger the other day and sadly it was kind of 'meh' I didn't really see/taste what I paid a premium for over their regular beef burgers. Highly recommend the Southwest burger, definitely my fave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice sports bar.1sttimerDined on 6/13/2014From where I sat, I could see 5 different televisions. Great for a fun night out. Wouldn't recommend it as a first date location, as the guy would never have his eyes off a tv the entire night.Special Features:
- Pretty Good Burgers!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/12/2014Not a fan of a la carte hamburgers as it gets costly for going for burgers and a drink. 2 burgers, share a fries, 2 beer was over $50.Special Features:
- Overall slowGlowDined on 6/10/2014We were greeted within minutes of arriving, but took us to a table that already had someone there. After going back to the computer and finding a new spot for us, we sat down and ordered our drinks. Not long after we ordered our food. Timing and service was great so far. We got our meal a hour or so after ordering. After we got our food, no one stopped by to ask about the food or if we needed anything. The veggie burger I got was semi warm to cold, though my fries were hot. We wanted another drink, after trying to catch 3 waitresses and finally got one, but she never came back. We ended up leaving pretty unsatisfied.
- Close your eyes and pick oneMissionguyDined on 6/6/2014I've been slowly working my way through the burger offering, they're all great! The Salmon burger is killer, the Kobi beef is everything a burger should be, the inferno is kick #%#^ and on so get a pint (there are lots to choose from) close your eyes & pick a burger, you'll leave very happy and satisfied. Enjoy LB, it's a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good lunchtime patio.hakushondaimaoVIPDined on 6/1/2014The new patio is nice and cosy, and great for brunch/lunch. There are some tall buildings around though, so it loses the sun in the mid afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much Improved!YYCMeatheadsDined on 5/31/2014We have been to LB on many occasions over the years and have had really excellent meals and also very poor meals. Because of this we hadn't been there for over a year so decided to give it another try. The menu had some new items added and the quality of our meals were much improved! We were satisfied with the meals and with the service from our waitress. We will go back for sure. Keep up the good work LB!!Special Features:
- Sub parOutandaboutDined on 5/24/2014We chose to eat at lounge burger previous to the roughnecks game. I found the a service was sub-par and slow. I ordered two different cocktails and the bar did not have things to make either of them. With only eight cocktails on the menu you would think that you would ensure stock to make those. I had the lamb burger which was not great and far from the best I have had. Another member of our party had the salmon burger and commented on the lack of flavour. The ability to reserve a table online was great. The people in our party that had the beef burgers thought they were good.Special Features:
- Dark41Dined on 5/10/2014Have been to the Loungeburger twice. was very impressed with the service and meal the first time. I didn't even complain about the cost of the meal as I was very happy with everything. Fast forward to my last visit and everything was the opposite. Service was lacking, food was cold and some sides not available. The evening was not a total loss so I will try going again but if we encounter the same problems I will not go back. Oh and it was a Friday night but it was slow only about 6-8 tables. So I don't understand how they did such a better job when the place was packed on my first visit.Special Features:
- Descent but nothing to rave about.NikiBDined on 5/10/2014Reserved for dinner before a game. Service was pleasant and friendly. We were put at a rather secluded table behind a post, with a broken chair, which I swapped out myself. Food was ok but priced high for the quality. I had the Kobe beef burger which was ok, but didn't have the flavor I was hoping for. I had the waffle fries which were delicious, but the basil dip I got with our was $2, which I was not explained when it was offered to me. Overall the experience was ok.Special Features:
- Night gone wrongKikiDined on 5/9/2014Made a reso and when we got there we were told that they didn't have a reso for us. Waited for a table then had the worst server ever. Food was okay but nothing that we would return for.Special Features:
- Attention to detail? NoOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/9/2014Have been to LB many times...close to home and food is spotty. Servers are always attentive and working with what they have... For what LB is charging for burgers and hot dogs, they need to pay attention to details... Have been several times because LB is close to home and work. Every time I've been, there has been something not right...cold fries, order errors, dry burger...never one thing enough to dismiss the place, but could be so much better if always delivering on quality.Special Features:
- First visit - disappointing.arh73Dined on 5/6/2014Restaurant was only about a quarter full, but it still took over 40 minutes to get food out. Server was apologetic and managed the situation well enough. When the food finally came, it was a bit of a let down - pretty tasteless and chicken over cooked - there are better burgers elsewhere in Calgary without a doubt. As we only had just over an hour for lunch before our next meeting, we had to quickly eat our food, which spoiled the occasion.
- The following 243 reviews are from the loungeburger reviews archive.
- brunchyycfoodDined on 5/4/2014Made a reservation and only half of us showed up (8). There was only 1 server. They allowed us to sit together but at 2 separate tables. Said it was easier for them to sit us separately, which did not really allow us all to talk to each other. They just weren't prepared at all. I thought making a reservation would have allowed them to staff properly. Brunch was ok. Nothing special, but didnt expect any too much as it was only $3.99.
- Pretty cool place.DatenitedaddyDined on 5/3/2014Atmosphere was great. Potstickers were awesome. Burgers were pretty good....my kuna burger with pineapple would be better served with chicken than beef but still pretty good. It was half price bottles of wine night and server charged us full price. Had it corrected but still wonder if it was a genuine mistake or not. Other than that it was a pretty good experience.Special Features:
- Expensive for a cheap productGoleafsGoDined on 5/2/2014The food at lounge burger is expensive or a subpar meal. Subpar is being nice. Good was cold and the beer wasn't fresh but old and warm. I would never recommend this place to anyone.
- YummieOpenVIPDined on 4/12/2014We decided to go to the Lounge Burger with a last minute change of plans, and totally glad we did!! If you haven't tired the Lounge Burger yet you are missing out on one of the Best Burgers I think I have had in Calgary!! I had the southwest burger - uhmmm "YUM" portion was massive presentation was something I've seen in New York Burger places... But it's not just Burgers.. There app menu is also totally yummie.. with chicken & waffles!!!! Yup absolutely a fun time, good with friends.. The service was a little slow but actually that was a good thing because we needed a breather after the apps!! Totally would go back and am looking forward to trying the "Big Kahuna" Burger next time!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food, slow kitchen/serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/9/2014Fries good, burger okay, but service at times inattentive and kitchen slow. Ordered around 12:20-12:25 on a weekday and food arrived 1:05, unacceptable for what is essentially a burger joint (if food outstanding would have been worth the wait, but it wasn't) Over half an hour for a burger and fries is too long to wait. Prices also seem high given that no side provided with burger (e.g. $15 burger comes without fries, have to pay $3 extra for them)