Louis's at Sanford's
251 Willbrook Blvd.
Pawleys Island, SC 29585Neighborhood:
Low CountryPrice: $30 and under
Louis's at Sanford's
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://louisatsanfords.com/
- Phone: 8432375400x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Low Country, Southern
- Executive Chef: Louis Osteen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wine
A word from Louis's at Sanford's
James Beard Best Chef Southeast, Louis Osteen’s upscale renditions of Lowcountry classics and the piquant pleasures of his food are on display in a menu of scrumptious, impeccably-prepared, regional dishes. The area’s rich culinary heritage and its amalgam of African, Caribbean and European flavors are reflected in dishes that include: SC’s finest She Crab Soup, Grilled Scallops with Shrimp Hash.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Louis's at Sanford's - Best Restaurants in Pawleys Island ›
Louis's at Sanford's reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (13)kid-friendly (12)neighborhood gem (8)great for lunch (7)scenic view (7)fit for foodies (5)good for groups (4)great for brunch (3)notable wine list (3)special occasion (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- A great place for ladies who lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014Three of us enjoyed a great late lunch - the warm shrimp salad is awesome! Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out2eatVIPDined on 8/24/2014Ate outside. Try the Fried chicken on Sunday! Good low country food in a nice atmosphere. Eatside if it is warm enough. Good wine by the glass list.Special Features:
- NO LOUISartsmkDined on 8/15/2014We were not informed when we made our reservation that Louis Osteen "was no longer involved" in the restaurant. It was irresponsible of new ownership to use his name but fudge on the actual facts.We made special mention of our long association with Louis in our reservation so ignorance is not the problem. Shame on "Lakeside at Sanfords" which IS DEFINITELY NOT NOR WILL EVER BE LOUIS AT SANFORDS. After having reservations for nearly two weeks not only did management not find it in themselves to let us know the above, they sat us between two slamming screen doors with kids running in and out. Now the food was essentially fine, but not the karma. Beware of false promises.Special Features:
- Food and service were greatJCinVADined on 8/10/2014Nice place, we sat outside with a view of a manmade pond (?) which had turtles in it, the occasional egret and a sign stating not to feed the alligators! We didn't see him, but supposedly he was in the area the week before. I ordered the pulled pork platter, which it had a really good smoked flavor, but I didn't care for their sauce. I'm always in the minority and like my BBQ Lexington style, which is sweet sauce. Their sauce seemed to have a vinegary taste to it. Not my thing so I ate it plain. My husband had the beef brisket, which was really good and you could really taste the smoked flavor in it. The person smoking their meats does a great job. They served it with a mustard and BBQ sauce, which my husband really enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillDined on 8/3/2014The shrimp n grits is the best around. My wife and daughter love it. I had the scallops with a fabulous shrimp hash. Louis' is on our schedule every vacation to SC. Sometimes twice in the week.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerMichelleDined on 7/12/2014Went for a birthday dinner with mom. Enjoyed fish and chips and amazing steaks.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/19/2014Fun place to eat with families-great atmosphere. Good food. Great cocktails too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedSouthernGritfailureDined on 6/14/2014My husband's entree's St. Louis Ribs (full rack) were undercooked. Very disappointed because this was his special birthday dinner. I included the occasion on the reservation, however no one gave it any attention (no special dessert, etc..).Special Features:
- Sanford'sFishmanDined on 6/9/2014We went for the fried shrimp that we cannot leave Pawley's Island without having. They we great, as always. Loved our wait person. Dani. But the kitchen was very slow. took 1 hour and 15 minute to get our shrimp. Also the beer out of the tap was cold. That happen to us last time as well. But server made it right on the beer by replacing with a cold bottle and her smile and gracious service made it OK. They miss and need Louis to get the kitchen back on track.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good findSallyDined on 6/8/2014Food was good but the shrimp and grits was not as good as last year. Service okSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SeafoodFishmanDined on 6/6/2014Always love this spot. Louis's recipes are always the best. Miss Louis himself though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingUncleGeorgeDined on 5/28/2014Such creative entres. I've never been disappointed in my order here. Each time there has been something new and different. Tonigty's order was a delicious and healthy chicken, chick pea and kale soup. It was wonderful. Main course of scallops also a treat.Special Features:
- Not Louis anymore!DisappointingDined on 5/27/2014Name has changed and the menu was quite different than what was shown on opentable. If I can not rely on your information then I can not use you anymore.
- Food OK, Service very slowSubparDined on 5/25/2014This was our second choice the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend. While the food has improved a little since the last time we had been there, it still did not compare to the many excellent restaurants in Pawleys Island. The service was very slow, both food and bar service. There seemed to be a limited number of servers so between that and the slow kitchen and bar our experience with my 16 month old was not great. If they could get the right food, service and ownership there it could be a great place. It has a great location. Unfortunately the location does not help the rest of the dining experience here.Special Features:
- The following 47 reviews are from the Louis's at Sanford's reviews archive.
- Every One was satisfiedUltracsicVIPDined on 5/4/2014We had a golfing group of eight. It is never easy to satisfy all. Every one left perfectly happy with Louis's. Most had a seafood dish and they all were excellent. Service was also very good. Can't go wrong.Special Features:
- Eat here oftenOut2eatVIPDined on 4/26/2014We go here the first night on every beach trip to Litchfield Beach. Really enjoy the food and wine. Pleasant surroundings and this time great live music on the porch. The menu is very creative and this is one of our top three places to eat in this area.Special Features:
- It's still "Louisy"FlinnjaminDined on 4/20/2014We learned that Louis is gone but the food was still outstanding. We used to do any holiday that we chose to eat out with Louis so we took our crowd here this Easter. Deviled eggs...Louisy. Shrimp and grits...louisy. The fried okra where very louisy! They are cut long ways and fantastic. The best I know of and I wasn't the first person at the table to say it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad to have Louis backSailingSuzDined on 4/20/2014Our waitress was excellent, taking special requests in hand and staying cheerful and friendly on a busy Easter Sunday lunch. The gentleman handling the front entry was not so great. He asked us our name 4 times after checking us in on the computer. He was not welcoming and was curt with other customers arriving. The food was excellent - shrimp and crab dishes were obviously fresh and with plentiful portions. The fried okra and parmesan encrusted fried calamari were delicious for appetizers for the table. The only disappointment was that the grilled shrimp BLT sandwich had no bacon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pear and gorgonzola saladJnRfromBurlingtonDined on 2/27/2014I was hostess to 14 neighbors and was very disappointed by the experience. My lunch: I anticipated poached pears with a fair amount of cheese and lettuce with a nice dressing. Pear slices were almost nonexistent. Cheese sparse. Was this suppose to be a side salad? Not for the price.
- Great gritsJodyDined on 2/7/2014Shrimp and grits very creamy and bacon bits galor!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- incredible foodherbqueenDined on 1/18/2014really gourmet food. got there at an odd time--1:45 pm. Everything was wonderful. Highly recommend the duck and sausage gombo. the liver was also delicious. don't miss the desserts. the chocolate bread budding was out of this world. don't let the beach look fool you. This is an up-town restaurant in a comfortable setting.Special Features:
- Great place to go for great foodDavidDined on 12/14/2013Great She Crab soup! Fish prepared very well with nice presentation. A must visit place when in the area again.Special Features:
- Nice ServiceTazDevilDined on 11/24/2013The service was outstanding! Food was great. A little pricey for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Louis'MikeVIPDined on 10/15/2013The food was very good and so was the service, but the place was nearly deserted. Nice outdoor seating over looking a pond. We will go back for both the sautéed flounder and the shrimp and grits,Special Features:
- Had the swordfish specialOut2eatVIPDined on 10/12/2013Had the swordfish special and it was outstanding! Get a table outside in nice weather.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding beach get-togetherRick3812Dined on 9/4/2013A celebration of our daughter's recent new job and reunion with long-time friends. Great meals and wonderful service! We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a stranger to Louis's.scfrontporchDined on 9/2/2013Not a stranger to Louis's. As expected, excellent food and great professional service. Always look forward to eating here when we are in the area. Top of list of the many places to dine on the Grand Strand!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food!janetVIPDined on 9/1/2013Louis has very delicious food! It is always a treat to dine there! The crabcake was especially good with lots of lump crabmeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Be careful orderingRed52VIPDined on 9/1/2013Five of us had dinner here and our food ranged from very good to poor. The she crab soup was mediocre and a big dissappointment. The fried oyster appetizer as well as the shrimp and grits and the baby back ribs were excellent. The lobster with spagetti was overcooked and did not have enough sauce. The swordfish was good but not outstanding.Special Features:
- Wonderful Food & ServiceIrishEyesDined on 9/1/2013I brought my grandparents for dinner. the staff was very friendly and accommodating of my grandfather's needs ( he is hard of hearing and the server was very patient)! The Scallops dinner was phenomenal with shrimp hash. My boyfriend had the beef ribs and said they are the best he's ever had. I highly recommend Louis' at Sanfords!Special Features:
- This restaurant has a greatJetjockeyDined on 8/25/2013This restaurant has a great relaxed feel. The food is wonderful. I love the desserts, too. The bar area is a little small but cozy. The night we were they featured a two-man band playing a mix of pop and country. Great feel. Louis is a wonderful chef and staff is very caring.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre food. Very loud barjamesDined on 8/25/2013Mediocre food. Very loud bar with live music which competes with the too loud piped in music in the dining area.Special Features:
- Major DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2013We went middle of the week but the restaurant was almost deserted. Everyone else knew what we would find out - this is a very ordinary restaurant in every respect. No ambiance, view, or fabulous food. I had the brisket,my husband the ribs, and my daughter the vegetable plate. While the brisket and ribs were good (not great) the sides of black beans and corn on the cob were overcooked and very ordinary. In the middle of summer I expected local Silver Queen corn not yellow corn boiled hours ago and left on a steam table. My daughters vegetable plate did have the best thing we tasted all night - squash casserole. The waitress was inappropriately chatty and couldn't open the bottle of wine we ordered - a screw cap. We won't go again.
- Beach vaca night outCQfoodieDined on 8/16/2013We went to Louis's at Sanford with our family (party of 8) during a weeks vacation at Litchfield Beach. We have vacationed here for a combined 40 years and love being on the coast (originally most of family is from Chattanooga, TN). I have been to Louis's at Sanfords twice but it was everyone else's first time and they were overly impressed, and gave me lots of great credit for suggesting we go to L's at S. Our table started with the deviled eggs, both with oysters and salmon, and they were AMAZING. Several of us had the BBQ which was good. However I will definitely get a seafood dish when we visit again at Christmas. Our server was fabulous and I would also like to mention the beer and wine list is very good.Special Features:
- Low Country cuisine at its finest!geegollymmDined on 8/14/2013Every detail of the food and drink at Louis is beyond expectation. It was, simply put, delicious! I will be back. The decor and the view are wonderful, but the food is awesome. Lots of outdoor seating available. And the bar is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never eat there againLove2eatoutDined on 8/13/2013vacationers beware!!!! this place has some of he worst food I have had in years. From the appetizers to the main course overcooked, greasy and canned food. To top this the waiter was slow, nervous and seemed unsure of where he was.
- We had a great time and mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/7/2013We had a great time and meal at Louis Sanford's. We will definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodgottaeatDined on 8/6/2013It was great. Food was wonderful and everything was well balanced and matched with each entree.Special Features:
- Food was fair. Swordfish tasteless,SharonDined on 7/23/2013Food was fair. Swordfish tasteless, grilled vegetables bland & overlooked. Outside dining decent. Service young & timing of food delivery off, however very friendly.Special Features:
- Enjoyable dinner, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/19/2013Our large party of 9 enjoyed a great dinner with truly outstanding service from our server Brooke. Appetizers were especially good, including the candied bacon, fries blackened peas, and smoked salmon deviled eggs. Also, the tomato pie was excellent. We'll be back!Special Features: