1708 Aliceanna Street
Baltimore, MD 21231Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.louisianasrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (410) 327-2610
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4;00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern, French
- Executive Chef: Owned and Operated by John Saki
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We custom design a menu to your taste and desires.
- Private Party Facilities: We have a ballroom for large scale affairs, as well as, private rooms for business dinners and intimate social affairs.
- Private Party Contact: Max Saki 4103272610
- Entertainment: Louisiana Restaurant offers a piano and bass playing duo every Saturday night for your dining pleasure.
A word from Louisiana Restaurant
Louisiana Restaurant and its' beautifully ornate surroundings and romantic setting, along with the exquisite French Creole cuisine create a dining experience to remember for any special occasion or night out to eat.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Louisiana Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Fells Point ›
Louisiana Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (24)romantic (24)fit for foodies (22)good for groups (14)neighborhood gem (13)notable wine list (12)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Neighborhood iconShatzDined on 11/22/2014Louisiana has been in the Fells Point neighborhood for some time. It is elegantly decorated in the NO French style with a quite stately appearance. With it being the weekend before Thanksgiving, it turned out we ate our dinner being served as the only customer in the place, and that was fine with us! We cam for an early dinner and they were expecting other reservations, but late. There food was well prepared and served. Generous portions from the wine to the main course. We'd definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014Enjoyed an awesome dinner here for my wife's birthday. The food was delicious and the wine list was impressive. It is a gorgeous space and made for a perfect romantic evening. The only complaint, if you want to call it that, is that there was a long gap in between courses even though there were only 3 occupied tables in the restaurant. Perhaps it is planned as a salon vibe. Other than that I cannot say enough good things about this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014The food was passable, but the service was abysmal. The hostess doubled as bartender and service support and the one server was clearly someone who was also on the line in the kitchen. The atmosphere was lovely though.Special Features:
- Don't waste your moneyBrillVIPDined on 11/7/2014Went to Louisiana on Friday night and it was basically empty, I thought the cold night had kept people home, nope. What had kept people away from Louisiana restaurant was very slow service and poor food. The place has potential and great location I hope they can turn it around.
- AWFULJMooDined on 10/18/2014The service was terrible. 30 minutes to get a drink. The food came we were never asked if we would like to order wine. Food was cold. Don't go to this place.
- Loved Louisiana!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014Beautiful, romantic, quiet restaurant. The Salmon was one of the best we've had! Would highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always WonderfulMDdinerDined on 9/13/2014We were married at the Louisiana 7 years ago and have come back every year for our Anniversary. The food is always amazing and the staff has been the same for all those years (which should tell you something about the kind of place it is), they always remember us and give us a free glass of champaign. It is a gem in Baltimore that a lot of people miss out on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayEleganceDined on 9/13/2014Food excellent service friendly and knowledgable. Can't wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food that Makes You Go "Hmmm!"AngelaDined on 9/13/2014What a surprise to find a top-pick New Orleans-quality restaurant in Baltimore! Not only is the food authentic NOLA, but the charming decor puts you there ambience-wise as well. And what a treat to bite into the expertly prepared food. Every bite compels an "Hmmm!" The duck confit was the best I have ever had. And don't leave without trying the bread pudding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014A very enjoyable experience eventhough the restaurant had only 4 occupied tables.Special Features:
- Birthday wish grantedBobkatandcompanyDined on 8/31/201421 birthday with our daughter was celebrated in grand style. The food was wonderful! I loved the duck, my husband had rack of lamb, and the birthday girl had catfish for the first time. We all enjoyed every bite. Don't let the exterior entrance fool you. Louisanna is elegant and very spacious. I would not hesitate to book this restaurant for a large holiday party or even a wedding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great again...smajoros29Dined on 8/31/2014I've read a lot of reviews on here about Louisiana's "slow service". It's true this is not the place to go if you want fast service and mediocre food. This is a dining experience. Old school...if you are looking for a place to spend some time with family and friends, have a good conversation and eat perfectly prepared food...this is your place. They pace your table instead of stuffing it down your throat back to back. Louisiana has yet to disappoint this guy! The gumbo is awesome and they have a very notable wine/port list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScrumptiousTeeTeeDined on 8/17/2014The four of us enjoyed our meals. They were prepared to perfection. I had the duck and it was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite dininglucyloveDined on 8/15/2014We love Lousiana. It was our second time in this restaurant (both anniversary dates, it is kind of fancy) and we keep going back. The first time was a few years ago and I have been dreaming of their crab bisque since then, luckily they featured it for their restaurant week menu! This second time the rest. week menu was really good, and the main dishes all looked delicious, so hard to pick just one! I had the salmon with spinach and wild mushrooms ragu, and I was in heaven with that creamy sauce.... my husband got the shrimp and grits, which was fenomenal. Both times the restaurant was quite empty, and I just wonder why.... They have a full bar where they offer very nice mixed drinks, the restaurant is beautiful and their food is to die for!Special Features:
- Great food, fancy atmospherebaltimorejmDined on 8/13/2014Has an old classy vibe, dark wood, marble floors, hand painted walls and ceilings. Food was excellent. It was very quiet during a weekday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bdaydinnerDined on 8/9/2014Dark and depressing. Food was not tasty. Service was slow.
- Never AgainOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/8/2014I'm so glad we decided to try this restaurant during baltimore restaurant week.. The food was tasteless there was no creole inspiration at all. Chef Ramsay where are you????
- Great restaurant week menuhungrybmoreguyDined on 8/6/2014I went for a date night here during restaurant week and the food was excellent (I had the rib eye, my date had the crab cakes, and we both had the crab bisque). It was a bit crowded, however, so we waited kind of a while for our food. The waitress was very friendly and apologetic, so I gave her the benefit of the doubt when she said that the waits were unusually long. I will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fancy Atmosphere, Decent FoodnewtoBmoreDined on 8/6/2014I wish I could've explored the restaurant which was huge, grandiose, and old-fashioned . I went for dinner during restaurant week (the normal menu can be pricey). I had the crab bisque, blackened shrimp & grits, and chocolate mousse. The dessert was extremely good! The crab bisque was delicious but very rich. The shrimp & grits were also very good but not as good as I was hoping for a restaurant specializing in Louisiana cuisine, as I have had better elsewhere. The service was very friendly (but leisurely for those in a rush). Only complaint is that the restaurant is a little musty feeling (as it is old) and very dark & quiet, which made the atmosphere a tad creepy. I was still intrigued by the decor & would like to see more!Special Features:
- Ambience and Good FoodDCvisitDined on 8/6/2014Louisiana was a beautiful restaurant with great food. We went for our son's 11th birthday and he loved the crab cakes. The service was a little slow, but the food and ambience were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful settingpickyfoodieDined on 8/6/2014Nicely appointed biilding with beautiful woodwork and antiques. Food flavorful and well presented. Service friendly and provides privacy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food very good, space a suprisetigerwomanDined on 8/5/2014We had the snails which were very good, a departure for the normal garlic butter perparation. My husband had the salmon which was perfectly cooked and beautifully seasoned. I had the stuffed chicken, a take on cordon blu, which was also very good. The big suprise to us was the space. The small dinning room was right to our taste but the location has an elegant party space. It was so nice we started thinking " is there nothing we need to celebrate ???Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, good servicefoodzDined on 8/4/2014I arrived early so they offered me a little wine on the hosue while waiting. And then once seated, the service was a little slow to start with as there were many guests and just two people serving. But not terribly slow and the food was absolutely delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdated/ No VibeKevinwmsDined on 8/2/2014In a Saturday night it was almost empty. While other spots in Fels Point was live and vibrant (just across the street ). This spot looked closed. We passed it the first time and didn't even notice. It was a very large space. With a huge bar area (closed ) and no one in the small bar area at all. Service was very slow. Only to be outdone by the wait for food. Each course took about m25-30 min. And the food has no flavor. Maybe I took the Louisiana for the food. This place reminds me of a old Italian restaurant from the sixties. Unless you are looking for quiet place to take your grandmother. Go elsewhere. Even for restaurant week. It was not worth it. In dire need of a makeover. Call Chef Ramsey!
- Excellent!HopieDined on 8/2/2014Always a special time at this restaurant. The food is delicious, ambience is fabulous, and the attention to detail and pace at which meal is served is civilized. Thank you!Special Features:
- The following 469 reviews are from the Louisiana Restaurant reviews archive.
- Stay AwaySouchef1Dined on 6/21/2014Food definitely not fresh. All the creole dishes tasted the same and used the same sauce. Some dishes not served evenly hot indicating possible microwaving of pre-prepared dishes. Odd uncomfortable atmosphere with kitchen appearing to be upstairs from main floor. There are plenty other Baltimore restaurants to choose from. Very high priced for the quality of food and poor service.
- DismalOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/21/2014A bad evening from start to finish. The entire front room staff consisted of two women who tried to handle everything: greeting, tending bar, answering the phone, seating, waiting tables, bussing tables...we did not see a single other person working outside the kitchen. A two-course dinner to 2 1/2 hours. They got the cocktail order wrong, there were missing ingredients on the food, the wine list no longer applied to what they actually had on hand, and this lovely evening cost us more than $100. We will not be going back.
- Very Nice MealDisappointedVIPDined on 6/21/2014Great service for a party of 7. Food was great and the service was effective.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Real Palate PleaseripowellDined on 5/11/2014I took my mother to Louisiana for Mother's Day. Very quiet, relaxed atmosphere. Cozy, even though this place is huge! I had the roasted beet salad, the crab cake, and lamb for an entree. Every morsel was scrumptious and portion sizes were more than adequate. No way I could do a full 3 courses on any future visit. We both left there very satisfied. We've found a new dinner spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time surprised.. greattitoVIPDined on 5/10/2014nice confortable, NOLA food. service a little slow, but not too slow that makes you uncomfortable. My wife likes service more attentive, for me, it was great, non- intrusive, time to enjoy my appetizer and time to talk.. truly enjoyable dinner.Special Features:
- Ahhh LouisianaFellsFoodieDined on 5/3/2014Still one of our favorites for over 10 years in the heart of Fells Point. Even when understaffed, you still get wonderful service and attention. Food is great. Only complaint is that you get so much of the great food per serving that you are so stuffed that you cannot make it to dessert.Special Features:
- Little SecretOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/27/2014Outstanding food and love the ambiance. New Orleans feelSpecial Features:
- Amazing FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2014girls night out for dinner of three. ordered the crabcake and it was amazing. the kitchen messed up and thought it should have been the cream of crab soup and we got to try it (amazzing). by the time my second course came I was already full. I had ordered the shrimp & grits. the shrimp was big and had just enough amount of the blackened seasoning. the grits was well cooked and flavorful. one of the other girls had the salmon and we were blown away by the portion size; which could have fed all of us. the creme brulee was the perfect ending and the wine was reasonably priced. the server was not intrusive and the timing of each course was perfect. we had a wonderful dinner and will definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- funny placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/12/2014This is a gem...one would never know from the street what a huge and gorgeous restaurant this is. The food is great...all hand made...with the downside being it takes a long time to be served. This is made more challenging as there is usually only a skeleton staff...because I've never seen more than two or three tables occupied. The server is typically the greeter, server and bartender. Apparently the owner does not believe in advertising or the Internet, so the place is always empty, and staffed appropriately. I was told they do a huge special events business - in the gorgeous formal dining room - and this is what keeps the place running. It is a wonderful place...that I wish more would go to so as to add some life...and staff. :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad NightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014We had a bad experience here on Valentines Evening, Our Food was "lost" and when found served to us reheatedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LouisianaSharonDined on 2/14/2014The service was extremely slow. Apparently on Valentine's day they only had ONE chef working. It took about 45 minutes just to get our starter salads. The wait staff was great and very apologetic about it. The restaurant was also a little chilly. The food was incredible. I had the scallops with crab and potato hash and it was delicious! It was almost worth the wait. I would definitely recommend this restaurant. I think that they only had one chef on staff was a one off.Special Features:
- Wonderful FinddcsapperVIPDined on 2/9/2014We went to Baltimore to see War Horse for my birthday and needed somewhere good for a special dinner after the show. Louisiana completely fitted the bill. It was a shame at the shortage of clientele, but as a result the service we received, the food we ate and the ambiance and noise level were all simply outstanding. The place is actually enormous, but the dining room we ate in was small and select. I am looking forward to our return in three weeks time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold Slow BurnedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/1/2014A Saturday night with only three other tables, two twos, and a four @ 8 PM The restaurant was cold, about 60 degrees. We were served a basket of mostly burned, and I mean black crumbling ash, bread. We ordered a salad and bisque that arrived about 15 minutes after we ordered. The salad looked nice, but was lacking in taste. The bisque was tasty but broken. Second course blackened shrimp and grits, and "duo of petite crab cakes gently broiled…" arrived about 15-20 min after we finished our first. The grits were amazing! The shrimp were large but tasted like flash frozen Vietnamese prawns in blackening seasoning. The "Duo" was one large and burned. The gumbo was mediocre filled with sub par frozen seafood but the duck confit was quite good.
- Go for dinner with friendsPeteDined on 1/25/2014Variety of food and drink should manage to keep everyone in the party happy. Ambience is very pleasing. Noise level is low enough to be able to carry on a decent table conversation. Vicinity parking can be difficult on weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experiencechuckDined on 1/25/2014Restaurant was a little cold inside. Took a while to get served. Food was great. Decor of the restaurant was fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.