397 Shawneehaw Avenue
Banner Elk, NC 28604Neighborhood:
CajunPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.louisianapurchasefoodandspirits.com/
- Phone: 8288985656
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Cajun, Creole
- Executive Chef: Patrick Bagbey
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Visit our private dining rooms for your next special occassion.
- Private Party Contact: Laurie Bagbey 8288985656
A word from Louisiana Purchase
Proudly serving the high country since 1984. Inspired Cajun, Creole, French and Northern Italian cuisine. Honored with Wine Spectator Magazine Best of Award of Excellence since 1994. Hospitality like no other place in the mountains. Louisiana Purchase has been chef owned and operated since its inception and is a true North Carolina dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Louisiana Purchase reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great Cajun CuisinePanther1Dined on 6/24/2013This is an outstanding restaurant in Banner Elk. The menu is interesting, the wine list is first rate, and the service is outstanding. A great experience with food that is five star.Special Features:
- Returning CustomerParksterVIPDined on 6/15/2013Set in an unassuming building Louisiana Purchase is a treasure among the mountians of Banner Elk. It is a very upscale look with beautiful artwork and professional staff. The food was very good and wine list was excelent. All of this in the small town of Banner Elk was unexected on my first visit. This was one of many return visits and I have always enjoyed the food and surroundings. The wait staff is very well trained and attentive also. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Quaint ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/15/2013The Food was wonderful. I had a Jumbalaya that was simply delicious. The wine list was extensive with endless possibilities to enhance the meal, and the service was wonderful and very attentive. Interesting original art on the walls for sale by local artists. The only detracting part of the evening was that the overall decor inside seemed a bit worn and outdated. I think the inside of this little gem needed a minor face lift. - but I wouldn't let it stop you from going. It was a great meal and a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- It was a fine dining experience,WandFDined on 6/10/2013It was a fine dining experience, as usual. Only concern was the several pages of their wine list that were missing this time -- pages that dealt with German white wines we ordinarily drink.Special Features:
- Very pleasant evening diningOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/6/2013Very pleasant evening dining with wife and friends.Special Features:
- Hidden TreasureOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/29/2013Louisiana Purchase is a hidden treasure in the High Country. It is worth a long ride. You are greeted immediately by a friendly staff. The atmosphere is relaxed and enjoyable. The wine list is extensive. Laurie, one of the owners, has a wide knowledge of wines and it is worth the trip just to talk to her about wine. The menu is delicious offering local grown additions. You will want to share items, just so you can "try it all.". It is an experience worth repeating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem!bannerdinerVIPDined on 5/15/2013You would never know it by the outside, but this is a 5 star restaurant!!!Special Features:
- Louisiana Purchase continuesOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/4/2013Louisiana Purchase continues to be one of the premier restaurants in the Boone Banner Elk area.Special Features:
- This was our second time diningOllieDined on 4/27/2013This was our second time dining at Louisiana Purchase, after about a month, and we were greeted like long time patrons. The service was professional, but friendly and relaxed. The food recommendations were spot on, and the wine list is excellent. We will certainly be back with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful, delicious surpriseCarolinaGirlVIPDined on 4/27/2013We have a home in Blowing Rock, and we drive to Banner Elk occasionally for dinner but had never eaten at LP. We have a Mountain Alliance coupon booklet and decided to use the one for LP. When we entered the front door of the unassuming building, we were pleasantly surprised. The restaurant is quite nice with while tablecloths and a Louisiana ambiance. But the real surprise was the delicious food. The barbecue shrimp and grits are among the best I have ever eaten, and my husband's mahi mahi with capers was outstanding. The pre-dinner Caesar salad and gumbo were both delicious. The wine list is extraordinary with a number of excellent Joseph Phelps wines offered. The proprietress, Laurie, made us feel welcomed and appreciated. Kudos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Constantly a Quality RestaurantTonyVIPDined on 4/18/2013Great food, servers that met our expectations and outstanding creole atmosphere.Special Features:
- Shrimp, shrimp, shrimpMadEatterVIPDined on 4/12/2013Been going here for 20+ years always great. Discovered new dis bar b q shrimpSpecial Features:
- Favorite place in town! LoveOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/8/2013Favorite place in town! Love the food! Always consistent! Awesome service!Special Features:
- Service was ok. Asked forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/16/2013Service was ok. Asked for something that I didn't get. Server never noticed. Food was ok. Cheese plate was good. Lambshank was overcooked.
- It was a nice dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/15/2013It was a nice dining experience. EVERYTHING is a la carte and therefore very expensive for our taste. 1 glass of wine, one appetizer, 2 entrees, 2 waters = 100.00. It was good but is want THAT good.Special Features:
- Great meal again, and ourOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/19/2013Great meal again, and our group of friends, who were all first timers to Louisiana Purchase, couldn't stop raving about their delicious meals.Special Features:
- I had not been to the restaurantBobbyDined on 1/19/2013I had not been to the restaurant for a few years and was pleased with the food and the service was OK. The servings were large. The prices, however, are too high for this caliber restaurant.Special Features:
- Our first visit to LouisianaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/18/2013Our first visit to Louisiana Purchase. Very pleasant surprise from the minute we walked in the door. Every component of the meal was excellent from my wife's Cesar salad to my Mahi Mahi. Nice portions. Nice pace to meal. We got there on a less busy night. Next day I looked and there were no reservations available all night.Special Features:
- Cannot speak highly enough aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/31/2012Our waitress, Malissa, was excellent. Service was superb. Although our reservation was for New Year's Eve and the restaurant was apparently completely booked, we did not feel rushed at all. Our meal was presented in a timely manner. I cannot speak highly enough about our delicious dinner. This was our second time at Louisiana Purchase. We will continue coming back! This has turned into our favorite eatery in Banner Elk!Special Features:
- appetizers and entrees werelovesgoodfoodVIPDined on 12/30/2012appetizers and entrees were very good. the young man who bussed the table was awesome...our water glasses were always full, he replaced bread quickly and removed empty plates very fast. the desserts were fair. the bananas foster, which the waitress said they were known for, was mediocre and the bananas weren't cooked properly.
- Louisiana Purchase is oneOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/1/2012Louisiana Purchase is one of our favorite restaurants in the high country.Special Features:
- Always great, one of the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/23/2012Always great, one of the best finds in the mountains........Special Features:
- A Gem in the High CountrybwncVIPDined on 11/17/2012If there is one place that ranks as our favorite in the High Country, Louisiana Purchase is it. We eat out frequently and there are some really great restaurants in the area, but Louisiana Purchase consistently outshines and delivers with outstanding food and service. There is nothing better than a wonderful meal in a pleasant environment without even a hint of pretentiousness (unlike some other area restaurants). The crab cake is a classic and a must try. I love the filet and it is my usual, but if the schnitzel happens to be on the menu, do yourself a favor and try it. Everything on the menu is of great quality and very fresh. Finally, take your time with the wine list, there are some fantastic choices on there. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/19/2012Our favorite restaurant in Banner Elk to dine. The food choices and quality are excellent and the service is consistently outstanding. We had 7:30 reservations on a very busy Friday nite and were seated immediately upon arriving. Excellent wine choices and very knowledgable staff to help you select the perfect wine.Special Features:
- Dropped the Ball!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/5/2012Menu was thoughtful but execution was poor. State they feature fresh, local vegetables but they were few and far between, what we did find was large hard chunks of carrots and over cooked proteins , dried out over baked cheese topping. They chef's creative menu sounds much better then it tastes! I am sure if he were there he would have a shake up in the kitchen! Would give it another try but make sure kitchen in properly staffed. The menu prices do no not reflect the quality of the food, poor value!Special Features:
- Terrific eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/29/2012What a lovely evening we had at Louisiana Purchase. The terrific food and incredible wine selection make this restaurant a treat in any community. That being said, it's not free but it's well worth the price. We will be back!
- The Louisiana Purchase isOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/21/2012The Louisiana Purchase is the best kept secret in Banner Elk. We have been here over 12 years and just discovered it. It was our first time but it won't be our last. The service was superb. I can't say enough about the food. I've had Jambalaya in New Orlean's Jackson Square and thought it was good. The Jambalaya at Louisiana Purchase had that beat. My wife's oysters were excellent. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- This was our first visit toOrbitDined on 9/10/2012This was our first visit to the "Purchase" and we really enjoyed our dinner. The cajun type foods were delicious as were the salads. It turns out that our friends and new neighbors eat here regularly. We will certainly return.Special Features:
- While there are several excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/4/2012While there are several excellent restaurants in the Banner Elk / Beech Mountain area, Louisiana Purchase is our outstanding favorite. Having dined there multiple times over at least a decade we have always had an outstanding meal and excellent service. THIS IS THE PLACE FOR FINE DINING IN BANNER ELK.Special Features:
- The service and food was forOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/27/2012The service and food was for the most part impeccable. The only disappointment was that my scallops were a little gritty. We enjoyed it very much and would definitely recommend to others.Special Features:
- Always a great experience,MarkVIPDined on 6/19/2012Always a great experience, we were given exactly what we asked for. The only beef was a very loud party of 8-10 women seated behind us. They were having a good time, but we asked to be seated in the bar, so it was more our problem than the restaurant.Special Features: