10320 111 St NW
Edmonton, AB T5K 1L2Neighborhood:
CajunPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://louisianapurchase.ca/
- Phone: 7804206779
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00 AM - 4:30 PM;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30 PM - 9:30 PM, Friday - Saturday: 4:30 PM - 10:30 PM, Sunday: 4:30 PM - 9:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern, Cajun
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Music on Saturday Nights 8:00pm-10:00pm
A word from Louisiana Purchase
Fine Southern Cooking since 1989.Continued
Cajun and Creole cuisine and southern hospitality in a cozy, comfortable atmosphere.
Cajun and Creole cuisine and southern hospitality in a cozy, comfortable atmosphere.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Louisiana Purchase - Best Restaurants in Edmonton ›
Louisiana Purchase reviews from OpenTable diners
140 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (89)good for groups (79)special occasion (77)neighborhood gem (68)romantic (42)great for lunch (30)hot spot (23)great for outdoor dining (20)kid-friendly (16)late-night find (16)notable wine list (13)great for brunch (5)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Everything was perfect! Will definitely return. Great ambiance, delicious food, good server, overall a 10/10.Special Features:
- ;(OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014I saw this place on a recent episode of "You Gotta Eat Here". I was excited 2 try Alligator! My friend said, "I ate there lots! U will get a gud meal!" He was the most disappointed! He used 2 order the Jambalya & he did, again. It was NOT LiKe the one I saw on tv. I wondered if the camera adds 10 pounds! I ordered the Swampstick & Mimosa Salad Somebody forgot the dill dressing?! The Alligator/Swampstick was fun enough! From that appetizer I thought we would have a gud experience. My friends Jambalya had more rice than anything. My observation. His experience tied with history. He has already refused 2 go back, again. My son enjoyed the Special. I scolded myself 4 NOT choosing the Special 2. My friend regrets saying Yes
- foodieapprovedMeandthefoodsnotDined on 9/19/2014Food, wine, service, and music was excellent. If you are reserving a table for 2, ask for a larger table. We were seated at a table that was too small for 2 people.Special Features:
- Great foodsoutherngoodnessDined on 9/10/2014The food was great and the service was very good also. Would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious every step of the way!silveradoguyDined on 8/29/2014I had been wanting to try this resturant for a while and I regret not Coming sooner. Every member of our group absolutely loved it and we will definitely be back. I had the southern fried chicken and it was accompanied by the best stuffing I have ever had. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SatisfactionDGRobbDined on 8/29/2014I am a sucker for the Satisfaction plate. Have had other things on the menu, all very good, but I love the variety and flavours of the Satisfaction. Named when the Rolling Stones visited years ago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Truly Good Time!BeaumontFoodie412Dined on 8/25/2014How wonderful it is to dine in a restaurant that does everything well. From the excellent care and attention received from our waitress, who not only moved us to a better table at her suggestion but also offered that elusive 'constant yet discreet care' that is so hard to find these days, to the outstanding food (a hot, savoury alligator skewer, followed by an outstanding Catfish Po'Boy and perfect Mint Julep), the Louisiana Purchase truly earns its reputation as one of Edmonton's long standing excellent establishments. Yes, the prices are a bit higher than similar establishments. However, you do receive what you pay for, if not more. They simply do everything well, without appearing too, and that is why I will be back as soon as I can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous RestaurantdivinefoodDined on 8/24/2014This past weekend was my first time at Louisiana Purchase. This is by far one of the BEST restaurants I have ever eaten at. The food was fabulous, the staff was warm and friendly. The music and atmosphere was fantastic. There is nothing I would change about this hidden gem. I will definitely be making this a regular place to go back to. Keep up the great work!!!Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014I chose Louisiana Purchase for my birthday dinner with friends after having dined there once before. I was quite impressed with the friendly and extremely attentive service, considering we were a group of ten people. The restaurant brought my dessert with a sparkler in it after hearing it was my birthday and the staff sang to me along with my friends. The food was delicious and well-portioned. The evening was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gem!SoonerDined on 8/23/2014Great customer service, was great to see the manager or owner walking around talking with customers. Great food. Servers were very friendly and seemed to really enjoy being there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great chicken; horrid jambalaya!2sistersDined on 8/23/2014Since seeing Louisiana Purchase on TV, my sister wanted to go there to check it out. As she is from out of province, there aren't many opportunities. We were seated promptly and drink orders were taken. We took our time to order, as we wanted to take advantage of the experience. Our server was very patient. We chose the Swampstick as appetizer, and I had the Southern Fried Chicken, while my sister ordered the Louisiana Jambalaya with creole sauce. The Swampstick was very small for the price, and we found the marinade to be very salty and overpowered the rest. The jambalaya had a burnt taste to it, and my sister was only able to eat about 1/4 of it. My chicken was fantastic, but $26.50 for two breaded chicken breasts is too pricey.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Excellent food & service. Informed our waitress that we weren't in a hurry & never once felt rushed.Special Features:
- WoodyDined on 8/21/2014The Louisiana Purchase proved to be the perfect spot for a business lunch. It had great food and service plus a positive vib that helped facilitate my business lunch with a touch of confidentiality. It was a success.Special Features:
- Consistently above averageRaginCajinDined on 8/20/2014I've never been unhappy with the food, the service, or the experience at L.P.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding AGAIN !LeonessaDined on 8/18/2014For several years I have been enjoying lunch and dinner at the LA Purchase. Reliably the food and service is top notch ! My only problem is forcing myself to choose an entre other than one of my favourites to experience new tastes and to change it up a bit ! Having been to New Orleans I can honestly say the LA Purchase brings a little piece of NOLA to Alberta !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentSherryDined on 8/16/2014If you like food with excellent flavor and generous portions, Louisiana Purchase is a great choice. The only negative was the fact that they ran out of the special when we tried to order it. SherrySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Touch of the SouthOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014If you want to have a change of dining experience and an opportunity to have some wonderful cajun flavoured dishes this is the place to go. I recommend it for its ease of accessiblity, ambiance, service and the chef and his staff do an awesome job of preparation and presentation of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- well seasonedLittleIDined on 8/11/2014Enjoyed the well seasoned grilled steak and salmon. Steak was grilled well (medium rare) but salmon was a bit over cooked. We tried the alligator meat skewers, it's not bad but wouldn't order it again (not very special to me).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummbiteatnightDined on 8/10/2014Everything was too tasty. The server was attentive but didn't hover. The evening was a success.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceAngeDined on 8/9/2014We went here for my husbands birthday with a group of 9 people and the service was great. The waitress was friendly and very attentive! My dad has celiac disease and eats a gluten free diet, and while they didn't have many choices, the waitress knew exactly what he could eat. They even brought out a small dessert with a sparkler for my husband. The food was delicious and I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. We will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not perfectVisitorToEdmontonDined on 8/9/2014We were three of us for dinner. Two of the meals were great. But the Louisiana jambolia was rather bland and mostly rice. $18 is a lot to pay for a plate of rice. The crab cakes were great and the dessert was great. We also had great service. I would go back but I would avoid the jambolia.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!!!ReginadinerDined on 8/8/2014I usually am only in edmonton once or twice a year, however after accidentally happening upon it on one of my trips, my girlfriend and I now visit every time I am in town. The food is amazing and the music and decor has made it a little taste of the south. We will continue to visit as we are determined to try everything on the menu at least once. We look forward to our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with the hubbieMeganKDined on 8/8/2014Thought we'd treat ourselves-husband is already on holidays and I had an early workday so lunch at Louisiana Purchase- haven't been here for awhile and regretted that as it was an outstanding lunch- had the satisfaction plate and the seafood boudin- both were very nicely executed-the satisfaction plate was massive and lots of layers of flavours-will be back soon.Special Features:
- Perfect!!cyd170Dined on 8/5/2014Went for our first wedding anniversary, could not have asked for more! It was absolutely perfect!! Both the food and the service were amazing. A little pricy, but worth every penny!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodCrocsnGatorsDined on 8/3/2014Excellent food was met by excellent vibe at this great little neighborhood gem. I have been wanting to go to this restaurant for awhile now, and my expectations were not only met, but also, exceeded by the experience I had their. The alligator appetizer is a must have!Special Features:
- disappointmentskosmo99Dined on 8/3/2014service was great. jambalya was cold . disappointing to say the least
- 2dineoutDined on 7/29/2014I have been to Louisiana Purchase many times for lunch. If you like the taste of New Orleans this is the place to go. The food is always great as is the service. I had the Jambalaya it was excellent. I will be back when the craving for Cajiun food comes upon me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lackluster ServiceGr8FoodDined on 7/25/2014The Food was outstanding but what really brought the whole mood down was the service. Our server seemed very flat and unpleasant which made our dinning experience quite uncomfortable.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2014Food was delicious, lots of flavor with a little bite. Enjoyed the pecan pie for dessert, very tasty & not sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and awesome serviceHmaiDined on 7/25/2014My mom was visiting and I took her out for a date night and we haven't stopped raving about Louisiana Purchase! Nice place, comfortable and clean with great decor and feel. The fried chicken was amazing and my mom loved the oysters! Very fresh. Also, onsite parking <3Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patio is small but nice.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014A little noisy given the parking lot and street are so close.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a second go for suredivinemisskittyDined on 7/19/2014Going on the web site prior to visiting, I was worried the appetizers would be small. Thankfully, they were larger than the photos and great. We had the alligator skewer and crab cake. For dinner I had the southern fried chicken. It was amazing; everything on the plate was perfectly seasoned and a perfect temperature. My husband had the cherry cola ribs, and while they fell off the bone, he felt they weren't as flavourful as other venues. While I would order the chicken again, he wouldn't order the ribs. The drinks were reasonably priced, the ambience was nice. It filled up while we were there, but the tables are spaced enough apart you didn't feel crowded. Service was "okay." The waitress was knowledgeable, but lacked a personality.Special Features:
- MikeDined on 7/18/2014Went to this restaurant for the first time. The pasta was outstanding and my daughter had the alligator bites and really enjoyed them. We will be back again.Special Features:
- Great little place!newfoodieDined on 7/16/2014It was our first time here. My husband and I decided to try something new for our anniversary and were blown away! The food was delicious, service was impeccable, and their Cajun Caesars are to die for. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wedding AnniversaryAlexandreDined on 7/14/2014My wife and I could not have chosen a better place to celebrate our 2nd Wedding Anniversary. From the moment we arrived to the moment we asked for the bill the experience was amazing. The food was outstanding!! I am from Brazil and I love barbecuing (Churrasco). I loved each dish I tried and I have plans to go back there and try other incredible different options in the near future. I real great place to go and have a delicious meal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014Saw this restaraunt on You Gotta Eat Here and they were right you. The catfish was done well the fish was cooked right it was moist and the blackening spice was mild and not to hot, the vegtables were cooked just right with a little bit a crunch to them but still tender and were tossed in a honey butter and fresh dill. This was a great find in my experience and you need to eat here.Special Features:
- Always goodDan212Dined on 7/13/2014It's been a few years since our last visit. The menu changed a little since the last time. The kids tried the new fried chicken and loved it. It's how fried chicken should be. I had the stuffed boudin. Excellent as always. The portions have also increased to extra generous leaving no room for dessert. Our server was friendly, attentive and not over bearing. Overall a great experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014Have not had a menu item that hasn't been anything but fantastic! Service was awesome and very friendly. Management takes a very active interest in the dining experience. The music is great (& not too loud). Great place. We will be back!Special Features:
- There's nothing finer...Sahara8594Dined on 7/10/2014This was my second time to LP, and I knew I wouldn't be disappointed. The service was great, as always. The food is always amazing - I literally want to try everything on the menuSpecial Features:
- Hot Dining ExperiencedeedeeDined on 7/9/2014Great ambience, excellent food and interesting, varied menu choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.