10320 111 St NW
Edmonton, AB T5K 1L2Neighborhood:
CajunPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://louisianapurchase.ca/
- Phone: (780) 420-6779
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00 AM - 4:30 PM;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30 PM - 9:30 PM, Friday - Saturday: 4:30 PM - 10:30 PM, Sunday: 4:30 PM - 9:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern, Cajun
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Music on Saturday Nights 8:00pm-10:00pm
A word from Louisiana Purchase
Fine Southern Cooking since 1989.Continued
Cajun and Creole cuisine and southern hospitality in a cozy, comfortable atmosphere.
Cajun and Creole cuisine and southern hospitality in a cozy, comfortable atmosphere.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Louisiana Purchase reviews from OpenTable diners
137 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (81)good for groups (77)special occasion (65)neighborhood gem (63)romantic (33)great for lunch (27)late-night find (20)hot spot (15)notable wine list (14)kid-friendly (13)great for outdoor dining (9)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Who DatexperimentaldinerDined on 11/9/2014Since our trip to the Big Easy, it was a treat to revisit the menu and Cafe Du Monde coffee. I had blackened catfish which had been sold out in New Orleans when we visited. It was great, and I am not a fish lover. Good job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time was had by allfatnashDined on 11/9/2014It was a dark and stormy night when we drove in to the city to try out the Louisiana Purchase to celebrate our 23rd anniversary. Let me tell you that it was well worth the trip. We arrived early and stayed late. It was a meal and a night to remember. I will recommend this place to all I meet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food & servicelove2foodieDined on 11/3/2014Heard by word of mouth that the Jambalaya was some of the best in Edmonton, It was very good, lots of flavour. I was disappointed in the amount of protein in the dish I got 1 shrimp, 2 pieces of sausage and a small piece of chicken. As did the other 2 jambalaya at my table. Other than that we loved the restaurant, service, wine and the food was very rich and flavourful! We will go back, and try different dishes, Overall a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!nolousyfoodDined on 11/2/2014Louisiana Purchase is one of my favourite spots in Edmonton. I features the best Cajun food that I know about N of Louisiana and a laid-back comfortable atmosphere with appropriate decor and musical background for the experience. When I am entertaining guests from out of town it is the first place I think of. Even when full, and it often is, conversation is generally possible among a moderate-sized group.Special Features:
- A Slice of New OrleansFluffyDined on 10/31/2014The food tasted authentic, and although there were no Louisiana beers (such as Abita) on the menu, everyone at the table enjoyed their entrees. We'll be back when we're not in such a hurry.Special Features:
- Excellent!PonstewDined on 10/25/2014Great food and wonderful service! Check it out. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodBobbyDined on 10/25/2014Everything is good in this restaurant. I specially love the jambalaya. The only sad thing is that they don't carry the alligator anymore.Special Features:
- Brady Birthday CelebrationYummyyummyinmytummyDined on 10/25/2014Doesn't look promising from outside...inside looks very nice. Appetizers were deadly...main meal was not outstanding especially for the price but still good. Service was great. Usually get a free desert when we go out for dinner for a birthday but this was not offered but I guess should not expect it. Still nice when this happens.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Beer was serve in warm mug. Just had one beer.Food was good.Special Features:
- A guy's night out for four friends.CJ4330Dined on 10/24/2014Louisiana Purchase had been recommended to us, and it lived up to it's reputation. The service was the best we've had in years. Our server was friendly, energetic, punctual and incredibly efficient. We tried some gumbo to start along with 'Dem Bones' and all was fantastic and very flavorful. My pork tenderloin was incredible while others raved about their orders. The food was sensational and extremely filling. Each desert was also great ranging from the Pecan pie, to the Banana Foster and Cheesecake. We will certainly return for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service; delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/22/2014We were a party of five and every enjoyed the food and the atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Did not disappoint!GluvsgoodfoodDined on 10/18/2014This place was recommended and it did not disappoint our group. Food was just as good as the pictures on website.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nayborDined on 10/18/2014Food was excellent, but the portions were too much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Luisiana Purchase never lets us down. The menu has evolved and now its better than ever. Prompt friendly service and affordable meals. Best Cajun restaraunt in Edmonton.Special Features:
- DinnerBobandGailDined on 10/13/2014All four members of our party enjoyed their food choices. Recommend that bread/buns be made available and larger serviettes and larger dinner plates be used.Special Features:
- Good food, close quartersRobertDined on 10/11/2014The decor is very nice and the music brings back memories of New Orleans. Limited wine selection. Menu choices are what you would expect for creole and cajun cooking. Presentation and taste was very good, again reminiscent of New Orleans. The one thing I did not care for was the closeness of the tables to each other. It would be fine if you were in a pub or sports bar, but not for someplace where you want to have nice dinner.Special Features:
- AngieDined on 10/8/2014Hey I was impressed with the dinner and food, but the only compliant I have is.. you were out of alligator. I was so excited to try this , but you were out. It was my first time there and my b-day. All the people that I had tell me about this restaurant stated to try the alligator. so that was a bit disappointing. But i will go again sometimeSpecial Features:
- Will come again soonwho72caresDined on 10/5/2014Only complaint, music way to loud and had to ask twice to get it lowered otherwise a pleasant evening.Special Features:
- DeliciousNoms4daysDined on 10/3/2014We were a group of four and everyone loved their food. Southern fried chicken, steamboat jambalaya, crab cakes, dem bones Bon ton poultry were all delicious. Would recommend for anyone wanting to try something new.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food as alwaysMathRocksVIPDined on 10/3/2014The food was good as expected. The service was not as friendly as normal. Not sure if the girl we had was new but did not have any enthusiasm at all. Almost seemed to wish she were elsewhere. She forgot our bread entirely (which we did not notice until too late as we were visiting) and did not bring other little things requested. The snapper special was amazing, the chicken dish on the menu was a bit dry. We had the soups which are always great and pecan pie, also a favorite. The music and decor really make the place special. The owner usually stops by but did not that day... Which would not be an issue if we had a great waitress...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food_Great atmosphereTCMayoDined on 10/2/2014Our group tried different items from the menu and all were great. The staff were friendly and we didn't have to wait for a long time for our entrees. The manager came around to visit each table at different times so it shows that they really care about the service they are providing. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerklrsixpackmanDined on 9/27/2014Went for a nice family dinner, and were blown away by the experience. Started with the beer battered shrimp with a nice light beer batter, delicious. The blackened catfish was amazing, as was the southern fried chicken and the barbecued pork loin. Can't wait to go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cajun Food and AmbiencenocrocformeDined on 9/24/2014Tired of pizza places and meat and potato fare, I enjoy having a choice of something catering to a finer palate. The Shrimp Bisque is worth ordering again, the snapper was moist and done to perfection. The desert didn't tempt me much. They should not have taken the lemon pie on cornmeal crust off their menu, but the pecan pie would have been a second choice, had I not been full. The music was turned down a notch upon request, and the service was friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- Always a pleasurable experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014We,ve been dining at the Louisiana Purchase for over twenty years. The service, ambiance, and especially the food has always been very satisfying and consistent. I've been bringing friends and family to the restaurant for years, and will continue to endorse and enjoy this wonderful gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!!yumyum123Dined on 9/20/2014Went with a group for a birthday party, and the service, food, and atmosphere was wonderful!! Everyone was really impressed :)Special Features:
- Best Surprise in AwhileJJNADined on 9/20/2014We took a friend out for her birthday and this is the restaurant requested. I'd never heard of it but my husband had heard good things through colleagues. I was very pleasantly surprised with the ambiance, the friendliness of the staff and the food, itself. It was amazing food; from appetizer through dessert. Note: this isn't a place for a quick bite, though. We were there from 7p to 9:30p but it's a great eveningn out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!robbiedooDined on 9/19/2014Everything was perfect! Will definitely return. Great ambiance, delicious food, good server, overall a 10/10.Special Features:
- ;(apoormumDined on 9/19/2014I saw this place on a recent episode of "You Gotta Eat Here". I was excited 2 try Alligator! My friend said, "I ate there lots! U will get a gud meal!" He was the most disappointed! He used 2 order the Jambalya & he did, again. It was NOT LiKe the one I saw on tv. I wondered if the camera adds 10 pounds! I ordered the Swampstick & Mimosa Salad Somebody forgot the dill dressing?! The Alligator/Swampstick was fun enough! From that appetizer I thought we would have a gud experience. My friends Jambalya had more rice than anything. My observation. His experience tied with history. He has already refused 2 go back, again. My son enjoyed the Special. I scolded myself 4 NOT choosing the Special 2. My friend regrets saying Yes
- foodieapprovedMeandthefoodsnotDined on 9/19/2014Food, wine, service, and music was excellent. If you are reserving a table for 2, ask for a larger table. We were seated at a table that was too small for 2 people.Special Features:
- Great foodsoutherngoodnessDined on 9/10/2014The food was great and the service was very good also. Would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious every step of the way!silveradoguyDined on 8/29/2014I had been wanting to try this resturant for a while and I regret not Coming sooner. Every member of our group absolutely loved it and we will definitely be back. I had the southern fried chicken and it was accompanied by the best stuffing I have ever had. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SatisfactionDGRobbDined on 8/29/2014I am a sucker for the Satisfaction plate. Have had other things on the menu, all very good, but I love the variety and flavours of the Satisfaction. Named when the Rolling Stones visited years ago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Truly Good Time!BeaumontFoodie412Dined on 8/25/2014How wonderful it is to dine in a restaurant that does everything well. From the excellent care and attention received from our waitress, who not only moved us to a better table at her suggestion but also offered that elusive 'constant yet discreet care' that is so hard to find these days, to the outstanding food (a hot, savoury alligator skewer, followed by an outstanding Catfish Po'Boy and perfect Mint Julep), the Louisiana Purchase truly earns its reputation as one of Edmonton's long standing excellent establishments. Yes, the prices are a bit higher than similar establishments. However, you do receive what you pay for, if not more. They simply do everything well, without appearing too, and that is why I will be back as soon as I can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous RestaurantdivinefoodDined on 8/24/2014This past weekend was my first time at Louisiana Purchase. This is by far one of the BEST restaurants I have ever eaten at. The food was fabulous, the staff was warm and friendly. The music and atmosphere was fantastic. There is nothing I would change about this hidden gem. I will definitely be making this a regular place to go back to. Keep up the great work!!!Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014I chose Louisiana Purchase for my birthday dinner with friends after having dined there once before. I was quite impressed with the friendly and extremely attentive service, considering we were a group of ten people. The restaurant brought my dessert with a sparkler in it after hearing it was my birthday and the staff sang to me along with my friends. The food was delicious and well-portioned. The evening was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gem!SoonerDined on 8/23/2014Great customer service, was great to see the manager or owner walking around talking with customers. Great food. Servers were very friendly and seemed to really enjoy being there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great chicken; horrid jambalaya!2sistersDined on 8/23/2014Since seeing Louisiana Purchase on TV, my sister wanted to go there to check it out. As she is from out of province, there aren't many opportunities. We were seated promptly and drink orders were taken. We took our time to order, as we wanted to take advantage of the experience. Our server was very patient. We chose the Swampstick as appetizer, and I had the Southern Fried Chicken, while my sister ordered the Louisiana Jambalaya with creole sauce. The Swampstick was very small for the price, and we found the marinade to be very salty and overpowered the rest. The jambalaya had a burnt taste to it, and my sister was only able to eat about 1/4 of it. My chicken was fantastic, but $26.50 for two breaded chicken breasts is too pricey.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Excellent food & service. Informed our waitress that we weren't in a hurry & never once felt rushed.Special Features:
- WoodyDined on 8/21/2014The Louisiana Purchase proved to be the perfect spot for a business lunch. It had great food and service plus a positive vib that helped facilitate my business lunch with a touch of confidentiality. It was a success.Special Features:
- Consistently above averageRaginCajinDined on 8/20/2014I've never been unhappy with the food, the service, or the experience at L.P.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.