10320 111 St NW
Edmonton, AB T5K 1L2Neighborhood:
CajunPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://louisianapurchase.ca/
- Phone: 7804206779
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00 AM - 4:30 PM;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30 PM - 9:30 PM, Friday - Saturday: 4:30 PM - 10:30 PM, Sunday: 4:30 PM - 9:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern, Cajun
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Music on Saturday Nights 8:00pm-10:00pm
A word from Louisiana Purchase
Fine Southern Cooking since 1989.Continued
Cajun and Creole cuisine and southern hospitality in a cozy, comfortable atmosphere.
Cajun and Creole cuisine and southern hospitality in a cozy, comfortable atmosphere.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Louisiana Purchase reviews from OpenTable diners
141 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (86)good for groups (80)special occasion (73)neighborhood gem (64)romantic (39)great for lunch (28)hot spot (20)late-night find (19)great for outdoor dining (15)notable wine list (14)kid-friendly (13)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Did not disappoint!GluvsgoodfoodDined on 10/18/2014This place was recommended and it did not disappoint our group. Food was just as good as the pictures on website.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nayborDined on 10/18/2014Food was excellent, but the portions were too much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Luisiana Purchase never lets us down. The menu has evolved and now its better than ever. Prompt friendly service and affordable meals. Best Cajun restaraunt in Edmonton.Special Features:
- DinnerBobandGailDined on 10/13/2014All four members of our party enjoyed their food choices. Recommend that bread/buns be made available and larger serviettes and larger dinner plates be used.Special Features:
- Good food, close quartersRobertDined on 10/11/2014The decor is very nice and the music brings back memories of New Orleans. Limited wine selection. Menu choices are what you would expect for creole and cajun cooking. Presentation and taste was very good, again reminiscent of New Orleans. The one thing I did not care for was the closeness of the tables to each other. It would be fine if you were in a pub or sports bar, but not for someplace where you want to have nice dinner.Special Features:
- Will come again soonwho72caresDined on 10/5/2014Only complaint, music way to loud and had to ask twice to get it lowered otherwise a pleasant evening.Special Features:
- DeliciousNoms4daysDined on 10/3/2014We were a group of four and everyone loved their food. Southern fried chicken, steamboat jambalaya, crab cakes, dem bones Bon ton poultry were all delicious. Would recommend for anyone wanting to try something new.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food as alwaysMathRocksDined on 10/3/2014The food was good as expected. The service was not as friendly as normal. Not sure if the girl we had was new but did not have any enthusiasm at all. Almost seemed to wish she were elsewhere. She forgot our bread entirely (which we did not notice until too late as we were visiting) and did not bring other little things requested. The snapper special was amazing, the chicken dish on the menu was a bit dry. We had the soups which are always great and pecan pie, also a favorite. The music and decor really make the place special. The owner usually stops by but did not that day... Which would not be an issue if we had a great waitress...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food_Great atmosphereTCMayoDined on 10/2/2014Our group tried different items from the menu and all were great. The staff were friendly and we didn't have to wait for a long time for our entrees. The manager came around to visit each table at different times so it shows that they really care about the service they are providing. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerklrsixpackmanDined on 9/27/2014Went for a nice family dinner, and were blown away by the experience. Started with the beer battered shrimp with a nice light beer batter, delicious. The blackened catfish was amazing, as was the southern fried chicken and the barbecued pork loin. Can't wait to go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cajun Food and AmbiencenocrocformeDined on 9/24/2014Tired of pizza places and meat and potato fare, I enjoy having a choice of something catering to a finer palate. The Shrimp Bisque is worth ordering again, the snapper was moist and done to perfection. The desert didn't tempt me much. They should not have taken the lemon pie on cornmeal crust off their menu, but the pecan pie would have been a second choice, had I not been full. The music was turned down a notch upon request, and the service was friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- Always a pleasurable experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014We,ve been dining at the Louisiana Purchase for over twenty years. The service, ambiance, and especially the food has always been very satisfying and consistent. I've been bringing friends and family to the restaurant for years, and will continue to endorse and enjoy this wonderful gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!!yumyum123Dined on 9/20/2014Went with a group for a birthday party, and the service, food, and atmosphere was wonderful!! Everyone was really impressed :)Special Features:
- Best Surprise in AwhileJJNADined on 9/20/2014We took a friend out for her birthday and this is the restaurant requested. I'd never heard of it but my husband had heard good things through colleagues. I was very pleasantly surprised with the ambiance, the friendliness of the staff and the food, itself. It was amazing food; from appetizer through dessert. Note: this isn't a place for a quick bite, though. We were there from 7p to 9:30p but it's a great eveningn out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!robbiedooDined on 9/19/2014Everything was perfect! Will definitely return. Great ambiance, delicious food, good server, overall a 10/10.Special Features:
- ;(apoormumDined on 9/19/2014I saw this place on a recent episode of "You Gotta Eat Here". I was excited 2 try Alligator! My friend said, "I ate there lots! U will get a gud meal!" He was the most disappointed! He used 2 order the Jambalya & he did, again. It was NOT LiKe the one I saw on tv. I wondered if the camera adds 10 pounds! I ordered the Swampstick & Mimosa Salad Somebody forgot the dill dressing?! The Alligator/Swampstick was fun enough! From that appetizer I thought we would have a gud experience. My friends Jambalya had more rice than anything. My observation. His experience tied with history. He has already refused 2 go back, again. My son enjoyed the Special. I scolded myself 4 NOT choosing the Special 2. My friend regrets saying Yes
- foodieapprovedMeandthefoodsnotDined on 9/19/2014Food, wine, service, and music was excellent. If you are reserving a table for 2, ask for a larger table. We were seated at a table that was too small for 2 people.Special Features:
- Great foodsoutherngoodnessDined on 9/10/2014The food was great and the service was very good also. Would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious every step of the way!silveradoguyDined on 8/29/2014I had been wanting to try this resturant for a while and I regret not Coming sooner. Every member of our group absolutely loved it and we will definitely be back. I had the southern fried chicken and it was accompanied by the best stuffing I have ever had. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SatisfactionDGRobbDined on 8/29/2014I am a sucker for the Satisfaction plate. Have had other things on the menu, all very good, but I love the variety and flavours of the Satisfaction. Named when the Rolling Stones visited years ago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Truly Good Time!BeaumontFoodie412Dined on 8/25/2014How wonderful it is to dine in a restaurant that does everything well. From the excellent care and attention received from our waitress, who not only moved us to a better table at her suggestion but also offered that elusive 'constant yet discreet care' that is so hard to find these days, to the outstanding food (a hot, savoury alligator skewer, followed by an outstanding Catfish Po'Boy and perfect Mint Julep), the Louisiana Purchase truly earns its reputation as one of Edmonton's long standing excellent establishments. Yes, the prices are a bit higher than similar establishments. However, you do receive what you pay for, if not more. They simply do everything well, without appearing too, and that is why I will be back as soon as I can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous RestaurantdivinefoodDined on 8/24/2014This past weekend was my first time at Louisiana Purchase. This is by far one of the BEST restaurants I have ever eaten at. The food was fabulous, the staff was warm and friendly. The music and atmosphere was fantastic. There is nothing I would change about this hidden gem. I will definitely be making this a regular place to go back to. Keep up the great work!!!Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014I chose Louisiana Purchase for my birthday dinner with friends after having dined there once before. I was quite impressed with the friendly and extremely attentive service, considering we were a group of ten people. The restaurant brought my dessert with a sparkler in it after hearing it was my birthday and the staff sang to me along with my friends. The food was delicious and well-portioned. The evening was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gem!SoonerDined on 8/23/2014Great customer service, was great to see the manager or owner walking around talking with customers. Great food. Servers were very friendly and seemed to really enjoy being there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great chicken; horrid jambalaya!2sistersDined on 8/23/2014Since seeing Louisiana Purchase on TV, my sister wanted to go there to check it out. As she is from out of province, there aren't many opportunities. We were seated promptly and drink orders were taken. We took our time to order, as we wanted to take advantage of the experience. Our server was very patient. We chose the Swampstick as appetizer, and I had the Southern Fried Chicken, while my sister ordered the Louisiana Jambalaya with creole sauce. The Swampstick was very small for the price, and we found the marinade to be very salty and overpowered the rest. The jambalaya had a burnt taste to it, and my sister was only able to eat about 1/4 of it. My chicken was fantastic, but $26.50 for two breaded chicken breasts is too pricey.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Excellent food & service. Informed our waitress that we weren't in a hurry & never once felt rushed.Special Features:
- WoodyDined on 8/21/2014The Louisiana Purchase proved to be the perfect spot for a business lunch. It had great food and service plus a positive vib that helped facilitate my business lunch with a touch of confidentiality. It was a success.Special Features:
- Consistently above averageRaginCajinDined on 8/20/2014I've never been unhappy with the food, the service, or the experience at L.P.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding AGAIN !LeonessaDined on 8/18/2014For several years I have been enjoying lunch and dinner at the LA Purchase. Reliably the food and service is top notch ! My only problem is forcing myself to choose an entre other than one of my favourites to experience new tastes and to change it up a bit ! Having been to New Orleans I can honestly say the LA Purchase brings a little piece of NOLA to Alberta !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentSherryDined on 8/16/2014If you like food with excellent flavor and generous portions, Louisiana Purchase is a great choice. The only negative was the fact that they ran out of the special when we tried to order it. SherrySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Touch of the SouthOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014If you want to have a change of dining experience and an opportunity to have some wonderful cajun flavoured dishes this is the place to go. I recommend it for its ease of accessiblity, ambiance, service and the chef and his staff do an awesome job of preparation and presentation of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- well seasonedLittleIDined on 8/11/2014Enjoyed the well seasoned grilled steak and salmon. Steak was grilled well (medium rare) but salmon was a bit over cooked. We tried the alligator meat skewers, it's not bad but wouldn't order it again (not very special to me).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummbiteatnightDined on 8/10/2014Everything was too tasty. The server was attentive but didn't hover. The evening was a success.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceAngeDined on 8/9/2014We went here for my husbands birthday with a group of 9 people and the service was great. The waitress was friendly and very attentive! My dad has celiac disease and eats a gluten free diet, and while they didn't have many choices, the waitress knew exactly what he could eat. They even brought out a small dessert with a sparkler for my husband. The food was delicious and I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. We will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not perfectVisitorToEdmontonDined on 8/9/2014We were three of us for dinner. Two of the meals were great. But the Louisiana jambolia was rather bland and mostly rice. $18 is a lot to pay for a plate of rice. The crab cakes were great and the dessert was great. We also had great service. I would go back but I would avoid the jambolia.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!!!ReginadinerDined on 8/8/2014I usually am only in edmonton once or twice a year, however after accidentally happening upon it on one of my trips, my girlfriend and I now visit every time I am in town. The food is amazing and the music and decor has made it a little taste of the south. We will continue to visit as we are determined to try everything on the menu at least once. We look forward to our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with the hubbieMeganKDined on 8/8/2014Thought we'd treat ourselves-husband is already on holidays and I had an early workday so lunch at Louisiana Purchase- haven't been here for awhile and regretted that as it was an outstanding lunch- had the satisfaction plate and the seafood boudin- both were very nicely executed-the satisfaction plate was massive and lots of layers of flavours-will be back soon.Special Features:
- Perfect!!cyd170Dined on 8/5/2014Went for our first wedding anniversary, could not have asked for more! It was absolutely perfect!! Both the food and the service were amazing. A little pricy, but worth every penny!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodCrocsnGatorsDined on 8/3/2014Excellent food was met by excellent vibe at this great little neighborhood gem. I have been wanting to go to this restaurant for awhile now, and my expectations were not only met, but also, exceeded by the experience I had their. The alligator appetizer is a must have!Special Features:
- disappointmentskosmo99Dined on 8/3/2014service was great. jambalya was cold . disappointing to say the least