211 Seventh St W
Saint Paul, MN 55102Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cossettas.com/louis/
- Phone: 6512227378
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm. Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Tom Hommes
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private Room seats up to 45. We have different menus to choose from.
- Private Party Contact: Amanda Hundly 6512227378
A word from Louis
Meeting friends, family occasion, on a first date, Louis is the place to raise a glass, celebrate or just mingle and be. Find the intimate booth and enjoy traditional and regional Italian cuisine or experience an urban setting on St. Paul's highest rooftop bar and sample our small plates and try one of our specialty drinks. The interior of Louis is simmering with rich and handsome feel. Louis is stylish, inviting and comfortable with beautiful wood floors, exposed brick walls, warm lighting, comfortable booths, large windows to enjoy the sweeping views of this breathtaking room.Continued
Louis offers Happy Hour 3-6pm and 9-close everyday! Louis offers discounts on selected Food and Beverage.
Louis offers Happy Hour 3-6pm and 9-close everyday! Louis offers discounts on selected Food and Beverage.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Louis - Best Restaurants in St. Paul ›
Louis reviews from OpenTable diners
191 reviews since June 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (102)special occasion (96)neighborhood gem (85)good for groups (75)fit for foodies (74)scenic view (69)romantic (55)notable wine list (40)hot spot (38)vibrant bar scene (31)late-night find (25)great for lunch (15)kid-friendly (13)great for brunch (5)Show More
- Great time at LouisOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2014The food was exceptional and the wait staff friendly and attentive. It is a beautiful facility and the outside upstairs deck is great with a beautiful view of the Cathedral. The deli on the main floor is not to be missed - everything you could want in one place.Special Features:
- Great RenovationJayaDined on 10/14/2014three cheers for Cosettas......fine dining at last...cioppino was fabulousSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014Apparently, we made reservations on the website of the restaurant. It appeared to me that it was an Open Table reservation. We did not receive points for our meal, very disappointing.Special Features:
- Good food, service but NOISYDanBDined on 10/10/2014I asked for a good table when I made my reservation, noting it was my daughter's birthday. We got stuck in the middle of the room. The food was very good, but it took a long time to arrive. Our server kept giving us free mini-appetizers, so I give her high marks for trying to make up for whatever happened in the kitchen. My only serious complaint is the noise level. We really could not hear one another speak. It was ridiculous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great good, great atmosphere2sistersfromiowaDined on 10/10/2014My sister and I were visiting St. Paul and came upon Louis. The food is awesome. It reminded us of the true Italian food we had when we visited Italy. The atmosphere is also nice, but can be a little noisy if you are seated by a group. The service was very good - a knowlegable staff and the manager, Steve, was a gracious host.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My 40thM2GIONDined on 10/7/2014Fantastic food, servers know the menu and treat you well, nice cozy atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner to look forward to!AlwaysSearchingForFoodDined on 10/4/2014The service is always very friendly along with some awesome food and choices. The asparagus app is great and at some point you must try the fried cheese! Very rich but, oh mySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great Birthday Dinner on West 7thPar4kersDined on 10/4/2014The service was so good and prompt. The cocktails were perfect. The food was so good we had to share a plate due to the amount of food which was prepared and the dishes were so appeallng to the eye. Even splitting a plate there was plenty of food to take home. I would recommend Louis to many of my friends. Another item was the pricing was just right.Special Features:
- Fabulous Restaurant!BethDined on 10/3/2014First time visiting Louis. Made a reservation for 10 the night before our Friday arrival. Ended up getting to the restaurant later than planned, but the staff were extremely hospitable and understanding. Had no idea such a gem was in St. Paul! Fabulous food.....great wait staff.....superb service.....lovely atmosphere! Can't wait to go back when it is warm and enjoy the outside dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional food. Will go back.NikkiReviewDined on 10/3/2014This was our first dining experience at Louis and it was awesome! I went with my husband to celebrate our third wedding anniversary. The fresh baked bread was wonderful. The salads were light and refreshing. The spaghetti al pomodoro was INCREDIBLE and the brick chicken was perfectly cooked - juicy, savory and with a hint of citrus. The atmosphere was romantic, but vibrant. It was fun walking through the bustling pizza shop and deli downstairs on our way to Louis. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- LoudOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/3/2014Love everything about Louis except the noise. They must do something about the acoustics. It's way to loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overly SaltedGlenallaDined on 9/26/2014We wanted to have dinner outside on a beautiful fall evening so chose Louis in downtown St. Paul. Their outdoor Rooftop Taverna has a very limited menu. I decided on an arugula salad with chicken breast and my husband ordered the spaghetti and meatballs. My salad was just OK, the baby artichokes were absent, and the chicken breasts were about 1/4 inch thick, dry and so super salty I couldn't eat them. My husbands spaghetti was also very salty. We sent them back (which I very, very seldom do). The replacement chicken breast was juicy, but still very salty. I wish we would have eaten inside. Maybe with more choices we would have been happy with the meal.
- Another Saint Paul GemCinemadpDined on 9/19/2014The Folks of Cosettas have really done well over the years and this remodel of Cosettas and addition of Louis is amazing. Thank you for investing in Saint Paul! The outdoor patio in the roof is by far one of the best in the twin cities. You can certainly make it a wonderful evening with apps and drinks overlooking the city and cathedral.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryCarlyDined on 9/17/2014My husband enjoyed Louis for our 26th wedding anniversary. The food was delicious and the service was considerate and accommodating. The free creme brûlée to help us celebrate was nice too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Service and FoodgoldyDined on 9/13/2014Service was outstanding. Our waiter was incredible helpful on choices and delivered exemplary service. Would highly recommend this dinning experience to my friends. Menu has wide variety of choices at a wide price range for everyone.Special Features:
- saltyboboVIPDined on 9/11/2014The food was good. But it could have been outstanding had the kitshen decided to dial back on seasonings, especially the salt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Choice for St. Paul DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2014I was in the restaurant business for many years in the Twin Cities in my 20's. All top notch restaurants, so I'm picky to say the least. Louis/Cosettas is some place I'd return to over and over again. I love everything about it. The location (close walk to stroll the riverfront), the view, the informed waiters, the Italian deli, and of course, the food. Hands down, one of my favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Italian foodJenInMNDined on 9/6/2014I think the waitress ruined our experience. We had a couple questions about the menu. She answered us short, with disinterest. My husband and I brought a friend in from out of town for a treat. We had a good time and ignored the upset waitress, who knows she may have had a bad day. Next time though..we'll go to the downstairs Cosettas. Our taste prefences are more Cosettas than Louis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingNativeStPaulDined on 9/5/2014We went for a birthday dinner - server had little knowledge of the menu - could not recommend suggestions for our table of first timers - food was oversalted and overdone - did not receive the value based on what we paid - ambience is VERY noisy - although we love Cossettas pizzas and pasta - the seafood was especially oversalted and overdone - don't think we will go back -Special Features:
- Louis was GREAT!LolaDined on 9/5/2014The food was outstanding. Our server was excellent! The prices are a little steep, but we will definitely go back for a special occasion.Special Features:
- DelciiouskariDined on 9/2/2014We had an amazing dinner with an assortment of entrees ranging from the Spaghetti to the Linguini with Clams to the Prawns. Everyone's was delicious and beautiful. Our server, while a good server, wasn't overly friendly or didn't give great recommendations. I have a lot of food aversions and she seem put off by that telling me that there were good items on the menu for my "tastes" but not giving any recommendations.Special Features:
- DisappointedMangiaDined on 8/30/2014We love Cossetta's market, pasticceria, and casual eatery downstairs -- true neighborhood gems. However, we were seriously disappointed in the food, atmosphere, and service when we tried out Louis this past Saturday. We ordered a fruit and cheese board as an appetizer - the cheeses were good, but the fruit did not taste fresh and this was accompanied by stale bread saturated in honey. The main courses (both pasta and meat dishes) were good, but nothing special for the price. It was incredibly loud in the dining room and much more casual than anticipated (kids running around). The wait staff was not very professional. Random wait staff/bussers removed plates from our table without asking before we were even finished with the course.Special Features:
- Very enjoyablefromeauclairewiDined on 8/30/2014The wait-staff was very accommodating, the food was excellent and the atmosphere was perfect. We very much enjoyed our time there - before and after dinner drinks outside and dinner inside.Special Features:
- Great Flavor, Not As Great CookingredgiantDined on 8/30/2014Sausages were spiced wonderfully and prepared in a good sauce, but were a bit dry and overdone. Lasagna rather simple and burnt on edges but still tasty. Chicken florentine the standout, very well prepared. Sides were all great. Definitely good place for the price if you're in the area, especially in a smaller group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experiencemamaschwegsVIPDined on 8/29/2014We took my 90 year old mom for dinner. She has dined here previously, but loves to go back! We had just a wonderful time. The wine we were suggested to try, was wonderful. Not over the top expensive, either. We had salads, and pasta for our food selections. I tried one of our waitress's favorites, and it was delicious. We always choose the Misticanza salad, which never disappoints. My husband had the Beet salad, which was also a hit. Everyone else at the table had the Bucatini, with the exception of my mom, she had the Rigatoni. Both dishes were a hit, as well!Special Features:
- ONLY FOR THE VIEWOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/26/2014the view is great and the ambiance is nice, but the food was just OK, and overpriced. we had happy hour on the roof. i would only come again for drinks. our server was not attentive, but friendlySpecial Features:
- Good service, okay foodmcwhatDined on 8/25/2014A few friends and I went to Louis for my birthday a few days ago. We ordered Fritto Misto and the Carpaccio to start. The Fritto Misto was oily and lacked seasoning. Wouldn't order again. My friend enjoyed the Carpaccio. One had the GF Pasta Alla Barese, she liked the pasta, didn't like the sausage. I had the linguini w/clams and it was quite good. They brought out creme brûlée for me and it was delicious. The wine list is okay. A family was seated next to us (around 8:30pm) with a screaming child which continued to scream throughout the meal. We couldn't get out of there fast enough. Not sure what barn these people were raised in, but they should go back and learn Parenting 101 and find a sitter, go earlier or stay home. Geez!
- LovesItalianDined on 8/24/2014Attentive service, wonderful food - taking one's experience above and beyond by sharing a sampling of something new and treating the table to a small plate of cookies before leaving!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not fantansticALGirlDined on 8/24/2014I took my parents on a Sunday evening. Most of the the food we ordered was good. The chicken marsala was excellent. The one exception was the veal saltimbocca my father ordered. It was a nice sized portion, but completely overcooked. Even an amatuer cook knows that thinly sliced veal cooks very quickly. Considering it was one of the most expensive entrees it was a bit disappointing. The wait staff was pretty patient with my elderly father that was slow to make up his mind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- was very surprisedfinnopinionDined on 8/24/2014i resisted dining at Louis because i assumed the menu would be similar to the downstairs cafe, and china instead of plastic and styrofoam. so i was completely and pleasantly surprised at all of it...the menu, food prep, service, ambiance. i certainly will return with my family and friends. great job cossetta's!Special Features:
- It was okRaingirlDined on 8/22/2014It was better then some recent places I've been, but it still wasn't outstanding. Dessert case seemed impressive, but closer look, it seems like the desserts are not "homemade". Also the case had fruit flies flying all over the place. The marketplace, however, was divine!Special Features:
- Attentive wait staff, fine food.SnoozenDined on 8/22/2014We love everything about Cossetta's - it seems to have an answer for every dining whim. Friday night we decided on Louis, and were pleased by the attentive wait staff. We wanted to linger, and linger we did, enjoying wine, salads, our entrees, then dessert.Special Features:
- Fabulous!outwegoDined on 8/20/2014Our evening started with cocktails on the rooftop. Beautiful view of the cathedral. Our server was very friendly and even volunteered to take a group picture for us. Dinner followed and was wonderful. Again, our new server was very helpful and knowledgeable about different dishes on the menu. The food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stay down stairsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014My husband and i felt rushed through our whole dining experience. The bread came out after dinner started, which signed weird to have them pour oil while your trying to eat. Our dessert was only fair and over priced. After dining there w wished we would have stayed in the cafeteria style Cossetta's down stairs (where we found a similar dessert for three dollars less and it looked more elegant).
- Great dinner!AnneVIPDined on 8/16/2014We met friends on a Saturday night (group of 6) and had a wonderful time! The waitress was wonderful.....checking back appropriately but giving us time to catch up with each other and gaze at the menu. Food was wonderful and drinks very good!Special Features:
- DinnerPhilDined on 8/14/2014We had reservations for inside but wanted outside and ended up getting the last table out. We had to sit at a high top which would not be a first choice. It was noisy and also allows smoking on the outer edge. The food was good but the bar area has a limited menu. On the other side, it is cheaper to eat outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LouisfoodDined on 8/13/2014Fun to go this Italian restaurant. Food was tasty but not outstanding. Great as leftovers the next day for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/11/2014Out of 6 of us, none of us were very impressed with the food.....which surprised all of us. After dinner, we went out to the rooftop patio. Great view, but the music drove me crazy! It was all over the place -- did not fit the setting at all. We had one drink & went somewhere else.Special Features:
- Fabulous food - too loud to think1959Dined on 8/10/2014Best Fettucine alla vongole ever - but the noise level on a Sunday night was so loud I couldn't talk to my companion. I'm not sure I would return because of the noise.Special Features:
- ....NicetryDined on 8/10/2014Although our service was good, this restaraunt was so noisy! We could barely hear the waitress and didn't even try to speak to each other across the table. Not at all enjoyable. The food was just average and was served with cold bread that was slightly burned and cold tasteless oil.