211 Seventh St W
Saint Paul, MN 55102Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cossettas.com/louis/
- Phone: 6512227378
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm. Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Tom Hommes
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private Room seats up to 45. We have different menus to choose from.
- Private Party Contact: Amanda Hundly 6512227378
A word from Louis
Meeting friends, family occasion, on a first date, Louis is the place to raise a glass, celebrate or just mingle and be. Find the intimate booth and enjoy traditional and regional Italian cuisine or experience an urban setting on St. Paul's highest rooftop bar and sample our small plates and try one of our specialty drinks. The interior of Louis is simmering with rich and handsome feel. Louis is stylish, inviting and comfortable with beautiful wood floors, exposed brick walls, warm lighting, comfortable booths, large windows to enjoy the sweeping views of this breathtaking room.Continued
Louis offers Happy Hour 3-6pm and 9-close everyday! Louis offers discounts on selected Food and Beverage.
Louis offers Happy Hour 3-6pm and 9-close everyday! Louis offers discounts on selected Food and Beverage.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Louis - Best Restaurants in St. Paul ›
Louis reviews from OpenTable diners
206 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (104)great for outdoor dining (103)neighborhood gem (95)good for groups (79)fit for foodies (79)scenic view (70)romantic (59)notable wine list (43)hot spot (40)vibrant bar scene (29)late-night find (25)great for lunch (16)kid-friendly (13)great for brunch (5)Show More
- 16th Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/28/2014The food and service were great. Larger portions, so we shared. They celebrated with us and provided a complimentary dessert. The delicatessen downstairs had some great desserts which we took home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before 4?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014I made a reservation at 2 for a group of nine well in advance asking to near the windows. First of all we were not near the windows, even after I called personally to confirm the reservation. But that, in the scheme of things, is no big deal. What I was not aware of, and what I wish would have been listed in plain view on the portion of their website where you make reservations, was that they do not serve the full menu until 4- just a dinky little sandwich menu. Out of my group of nine, only about half of our plates were hits- the rest were misses. Had I known that there was this tiny menu, I would have reserves a table elsewhere. Our service was top notch, and the bakery and grocery on the bottom floor are pretty neat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014My husband and I just went here for dinner this past weekend for the first time, and had a fantastic dining experience! The service was great, and the food was outstanding! This is what I imagine authentic Italian food is! Everything we had from the appetizer to dessert was exceptionally good. After dinner (to walk off our full bellies) we had a nice stroll through the downstairs Cossetta's Deli/Market, which was the perfect way to end the night. We brought home even more goodies to try! We WILL be going back!Special Features:
- Great AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014This was our first experience with Louis and will not be the last. We absolutely loved it - from the staff to the food to the ambiance. The acoustics in there did make it a wee bit difficult to communicate but it was more of an energtic vibe from the patrons so it was all good! Looking forward to dining here again the next time we are in St. Paul.Special Features:
- Fantastic FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014One of the best restaurant meals I have had in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014food was awesome! Started on the patio bar with drinks, the view is spectacular!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/24/2014I had made a reservation for dinner at 6:30 PM to celebrate a friends birthday. I had many the reservation 3-4 days prior. We were given a table right next to the door goign outside. It was not eh ebst for conversation with a friend that I havent' seen in a very long time. I also thought the prices were high but considering I will only use the restaurant for special occasions, My guest ordered a shrimp dish as was VERY pleased. I ordered a chicken disha nd I thought the pepers would have been sated instead they were pickled and somehtign that I don't care for .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service were greatSTLguy75Dined on 10/24/2014So glad we went. Wonderful ambiance, delicious food and great, friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very loudOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/19/2014Food and service were good but we had a hard time carrying on a conversation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fancy Family FunMNJellyBeansDined on 10/19/2014Yummy pasta! Good wine! Wonderful service! Nice large tables. Reservations recommended for event nights in St. Paul.Special Features:
- charming, great roof top barMNFoodieDined on 10/19/2014Charming for how large this is. Great roof-top bar. Food was good, not great (carrot side dish not cooked enough, still crunchy and bruchetta lacked flavor). Nice that I could split between 2 pasta entrees to have the best of a red sauce and cream sauce dish.Special Features:
- Italian food! YESvisitingDined on 10/18/2014Great Italian dish find! The food is worth the fact other diners may want to be heard by all. Not the room but some at a table close to you. We know our next experience will be less noisy...the food was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GrunzDined on 10/18/2014Sugo sauce was too salty. Three of us had it and all were drinking unusual amounts of water because of the salt.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014My pasta was great. Others in my party had pasta as well and said it was rather salty. Bread was very good as well.Special Features:
- Great time at LouisRefrettedDined on 10/17/2014The food was exceptional and the wait staff friendly and attentive. It is a beautiful facility and the outside upstairs deck is great with a beautiful view of the Cathedral. The deli on the main floor is not to be missed - everything you could want in one place.Special Features:
- Great RenovationJayaDined on 10/14/2014three cheers for Cosettas......fine dining at last...cioppino was fabulousSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014Apparently, we made reservations on the website of the restaurant. It appeared to me that it was an Open Table reservation. We did not receive points for our meal, very disappointing.Special Features:
- Good food, service but NOISYDanBDined on 10/10/2014I asked for a good table when I made my reservation, noting it was my daughter's birthday. We got stuck in the middle of the room. The food was very good, but it took a long time to arrive. Our server kept giving us free mini-appetizers, so I give her high marks for trying to make up for whatever happened in the kitchen. My only serious complaint is the noise level. We really could not hear one another speak. It was ridiculous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great good, great atmosphere2sistersfromiowaDined on 10/10/2014My sister and I were visiting St. Paul and came upon Louis. The food is awesome. It reminded us of the true Italian food we had when we visited Italy. The atmosphere is also nice, but can be a little noisy if you are seated by a group. The service was very good - a knowlegable staff and the manager, Steve, was a gracious host.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My 40thM2GIONDined on 10/7/2014Fantastic food, servers know the menu and treat you well, nice cozy atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner to look forward to!AlwaysSearchingForFoodDined on 10/4/2014The service is always very friendly along with some awesome food and choices. The asparagus app is great and at some point you must try the fried cheese! Very rich but, oh mySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great Birthday Dinner on West 7thPar4kersDined on 10/4/2014The service was so good and prompt. The cocktails were perfect. The food was so good we had to share a plate due to the amount of food which was prepared and the dishes were so appeallng to the eye. Even splitting a plate there was plenty of food to take home. I would recommend Louis to many of my friends. Another item was the pricing was just right.Special Features:
- Fabulous Restaurant!BethDined on 10/3/2014First time visiting Louis. Made a reservation for 10 the night before our Friday arrival. Ended up getting to the restaurant later than planned, but the staff were extremely hospitable and understanding. Had no idea such a gem was in St. Paul! Fabulous food.....great wait staff.....superb service.....lovely atmosphere! Can't wait to go back when it is warm and enjoy the outside dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional food. Will go back.NikkiReviewDined on 10/3/2014This was our first dining experience at Louis and it was awesome! I went with my husband to celebrate our third wedding anniversary. The fresh baked bread was wonderful. The salads were light and refreshing. The spaghetti al pomodoro was INCREDIBLE and the brick chicken was perfectly cooked - juicy, savory and with a hint of citrus. The atmosphere was romantic, but vibrant. It was fun walking through the bustling pizza shop and deli downstairs on our way to Louis. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- LoudOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/3/2014Love everything about Louis except the noise. They must do something about the acoustics. It's way to loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overly SaltedGlenallaDined on 9/26/2014We wanted to have dinner outside on a beautiful fall evening so chose Louis in downtown St. Paul. Their outdoor Rooftop Taverna has a very limited menu. I decided on an arugula salad with chicken breast and my husband ordered the spaghetti and meatballs. My salad was just OK, the baby artichokes were absent, and the chicken breasts were about 1/4 inch thick, dry and so super salty I couldn't eat them. My husbands spaghetti was also very salty. We sent them back (which I very, very seldom do). The replacement chicken breast was juicy, but still very salty. I wish we would have eaten inside. Maybe with more choices we would have been happy with the meal.
- Another Saint Paul GemCinemadpDined on 9/19/2014The Folks of Cosettas have really done well over the years and this remodel of Cosettas and addition of Louis is amazing. Thank you for investing in Saint Paul! The outdoor patio in the roof is by far one of the best in the twin cities. You can certainly make it a wonderful evening with apps and drinks overlooking the city and cathedral.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryCarlyDined on 9/17/2014My husband enjoyed Louis for our 26th wedding anniversary. The food was delicious and the service was considerate and accommodating. The free creme brûlée to help us celebrate was nice too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Service and FoodgoldyDined on 9/13/2014Service was outstanding. Our waiter was incredible helpful on choices and delivered exemplary service. Would highly recommend this dinning experience to my friends. Menu has wide variety of choices at a wide price range for everyone.Special Features:
- saltyboboVIPDined on 9/11/2014The food was good. But it could have been outstanding had the kitshen decided to dial back on seasonings, especially the salt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Choice for St. Paul DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2014I was in the restaurant business for many years in the Twin Cities in my 20's. All top notch restaurants, so I'm picky to say the least. Louis/Cosettas is some place I'd return to over and over again. I love everything about it. The location (close walk to stroll the riverfront), the view, the informed waiters, the Italian deli, and of course, the food. Hands down, one of my favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Italian foodJenInMNDined on 9/6/2014I think the waitress ruined our experience. We had a couple questions about the menu. She answered us short, with disinterest. My husband and I brought a friend in from out of town for a treat. We had a good time and ignored the upset waitress, who knows she may have had a bad day. Next time though..we'll go to the downstairs Cosettas. Our taste prefences are more Cosettas than Louis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingNativeStPaulDined on 9/5/2014We went for a birthday dinner - server had little knowledge of the menu - could not recommend suggestions for our table of first timers - food was oversalted and overdone - did not receive the value based on what we paid - ambience is VERY noisy - although we love Cossettas pizzas and pasta - the seafood was especially oversalted and overdone - don't think we will go back -Special Features:
- Louis was GREAT!LolaDined on 9/5/2014The food was outstanding. Our server was excellent! The prices are a little steep, but we will definitely go back for a special occasion.Special Features:
- DelciiouskariDined on 9/2/2014We had an amazing dinner with an assortment of entrees ranging from the Spaghetti to the Linguini with Clams to the Prawns. Everyone's was delicious and beautiful. Our server, while a good server, wasn't overly friendly or didn't give great recommendations. I have a lot of food aversions and she seem put off by that telling me that there were good items on the menu for my "tastes" but not giving any recommendations.Special Features:
- DisappointedMangiaDined on 8/30/2014We love Cossetta's market, pasticceria, and casual eatery downstairs -- true neighborhood gems. However, we were seriously disappointed in the food, atmosphere, and service when we tried out Louis this past Saturday. We ordered a fruit and cheese board as an appetizer - the cheeses were good, but the fruit did not taste fresh and this was accompanied by stale bread saturated in honey. The main courses (both pasta and meat dishes) were good, but nothing special for the price. It was incredibly loud in the dining room and much more casual than anticipated (kids running around). The wait staff was not very professional. Random wait staff/bussers removed plates from our table without asking before we were even finished with the course.Special Features:
- Very enjoyablefromeauclairewiDined on 8/30/2014The wait-staff was very accommodating, the food was excellent and the atmosphere was perfect. We very much enjoyed our time there - before and after dinner drinks outside and dinner inside.Special Features:
- Great Flavor, Not As Great CookingredgiantDined on 8/30/2014Sausages were spiced wonderfully and prepared in a good sauce, but were a bit dry and overdone. Lasagna rather simple and burnt on edges but still tasty. Chicken florentine the standout, very well prepared. Sides were all great. Definitely good place for the price if you're in the area, especially in a smaller group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experiencemamaschwegsVIPDined on 8/29/2014We took my 90 year old mom for dinner. She has dined here previously, but loves to go back! We had just a wonderful time. The wine we were suggested to try, was wonderful. Not over the top expensive, either. We had salads, and pasta for our food selections. I tried one of our waitress's favorites, and it was delicious. We always choose the Misticanza salad, which never disappoints. My husband had the Beet salad, which was also a hit. Everyone else at the table had the Bucatini, with the exception of my mom, she had the Rigatoni. Both dishes were a hit, as well!Special Features:
- ONLY FOR THE VIEWOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/26/2014the view is great and the ambiance is nice, but the food was just OK, and overpriced. we had happy hour on the roof. i would only come again for drinks. our server was not attentive, but friendlySpecial Features: