211 Seventh St W
Saint Paul, MN 55102Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cossettas.com/louis/
- Phone: (651) 222-7378
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm. Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Tom Hommes
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private Room seats up to 45. We have different menus to choose from.
- Private Party Contact: Amanda Hundly 6512227378
A word from Louis
Meeting friends, family occasion, on a first date, Louis is the place to raise a glass, celebrate or just mingle and be. Find the intimate booth and enjoy traditional and regional Italian cuisine or experience an urban setting on St. Paul's highest rooftop bar and sample our small plates and try one of our specialty drinks. The interior of Louis is simmering with rich and handsome feel. Louis is stylish, inviting and comfortable with beautiful wood floors, exposed brick walls, warm lighting, comfortable booths, large windows to enjoy the sweeping views of this breathtaking room.Continued
Louis offers Happy Hour 3-6pm and 9-close everyday! Louis offers discounts on selected Food and Beverage.
Louis offers Happy Hour 3-6pm and 9-close everyday! Louis offers discounts on selected Food and Beverage.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Louis - Best Restaurants in St. Paul ›
Louis reviews from OpenTable diners
220 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (109)neighborhood gem (100)fit for foodies (95)great for outdoor dining (91)good for groups (83)romantic (69)scenic view (61)notable wine list (44)hot spot (42)vibrant bar scene (24)late-night find (22)great for lunch (18)kid-friendly (15)great for brunch (9)Show More
- Louis is on top!DrumrollzDined on 11/24/2014Wonderful staff and service paired with great ambiance and history, with (of course) delicious Italian food. Reasonable prices, free parking in the back lot. It all added up to a wonderful night for the 4 of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TBTBDined on 11/24/2014Service was great and it is a nice place and a great location. Food was just ok.
- Just ok.ibikeighDined on 11/22/2014We were squeezed into a small table. Had to slide it away from the couple behind us which put us on a busy corner where the staff had a register. Food was ok but not a stand out. Wait person was not engaged, like she just wanted to get through her shift. We weren't hurried which was nice. Dessert was tasty. I might have expected a little more for my $100. All in all out was just ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Week night outGipperDined on 11/20/2014Overall this was a good restaurant for an evening out during the week. Excellent service and the food was very good. It was a little louder than we had anticipated but it was a good evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food outstandingMNmomDined on 11/16/2014The entrees all had an unusual flair, ie. rigatoni was in white sauce. The special, halibut, outstanding. Vodka Gimlets pretty watery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Couldn't have been more funlunchVIPDined on 11/15/2014A group friends got together at Louis. It was a great spot; lots of food options for everyone with moderate prices. My friend had chicken under a brick, another orecchi, another the shrimp and spinach. Everyone raved about their food and the service could not have been better. Cheers to Louis. It's also fun to peruse the market and patisserie on the main floor--really a fun spot to visit; so different from anywhere else in the metro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Before a ShowAshleyBDined on 11/15/2014We were very satisfied with Louis before the Motley Crue concert. We were pleased that our food was amazing and speedy to get to the concert in time. The fried Mozerella was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a nice experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/14/2014Had a reservation here for a Friday night before a SPCO concert at the Ordway. I arrived at the time of the reservation and was sat immediately (my husband was running late). I've been to Louis for dinner once before (good experience) and happy hour on the patio a few times (also good experiences). The only reason I would give the ambiance 4/5 stars was that I was seated in probably the least comfortable section of the restaurant. Overall the ambiance is great. I had the Rigatoni Norcino which was rich and flavorful-- very nice. My husband had the Penne Al Arrabbiata which he enjoyed. Our server was great, and gave us the right amount of attention. Food came out FAST, which was great because my husband showed up late and we were heading to the concert, as previously mentioned. Very good experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely wonderful!Queenie12Dined on 11/11/2014Took my husband for his birthday. Service, food, everything top notch. Will definitely go to Louis again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great flavorsDougVIPDined on 11/11/2014As usual, all aspects of the dining experience at Louis were great, however the great flavors of the cuisine were exceptional.Special Features:
- Business DinnerPaulyDined on 11/11/2014Business Dinner with suppliers from Quebec and they commented on the feeling of comfort while at the bar having cocktails before dinner. During dinner the wait staff was very attentive and knowledgeable on the menu and the service was excellent. All three of us had veal and my guests from Quebec commented that it was some of the best veal they had eaten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/10/2014Brought my wife here for her birthday and had a tremendous experience. Great atmosphere, excellent service and good food. Beer list was decent too. I'd happily return here again, and will!Special Features:
- A delightful dining experience.CiderDined on 11/8/2014We had a wonderful time with the food and service being above and beyond expected. I had the halibut and my friend the veal. Both were beautifully prepared and delicious. Our server was patient and a big help with choosing our wine. We will definitely return again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummyDined on 11/8/2014We celebrated a birthday. The service was great and the food plentiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great friendly servicedncookingDined on 11/5/2014Wait staff was very attentive w/o being intrusive and the food was great! Complimentary creme brulee for birthday treat was good and made for a great celebration overall!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014a great spot for pregame, concert and other events. great prices for top notch rood and service. the roof top bar is best in classSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014Very expensive and the food was so so. I won't go back. Service was great and the view was nice. Also, very very noisy.Special Features:
- First timekat1Dined on 11/2/2014The food is outstanding and so is the service. The noise level in almost unbearable. I am not sure what can be done but for people trying to hold conversations- this is not the place. Too bad because otherwise it is perfect for Italian foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurprisedSurprisedDined on 11/2/2014We were there before the James Taylor concert. The food service made us feel very rushed. We ordered an appetizer, and the salads came before we finished the appetizer, the entrées came before we had even started the salads, and the bill came before we finished the entrée so desert was problematical. My wife's buccatini was disappointing. The previous 5 times we have been there were much more enjoyable, concerts or not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/2/2014I thoroughly enjoyed the dining experience at Louis. The food was great and the service was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocrehmmmmDined on 11/1/2014The food and service was average, decor did not match the ambiance, I would have expected a more relaxing environment given the visual mood. Overpriced and underwhelming.
- Excellent Food with Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014I recently took 7 clients of mine to Louis for dinner. Every one of the meals were fabulous and the wine list had a pairing for every type of food you can imagine. Jake Cossetta and his family really do a great job and make you feel like family! We will be back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty settingdessieDined on 10/29/2014We enjoyed our evening at Louis and the food was good but not spectacular. Food was not expensive but the drinks were. They were good though. I didn't see a wine list so my Cabernet was $10, more than I like to spend on ordinary wine. It was too cold for the roof top patio but that would be a nice place to dine on a summer evening. I that case, the drinks wouldn't seem so costly!Special Features:
- 16th Anniversary DinnerAnniversaryDinnerDined on 10/28/2014The food and service were great. Larger portions, so we shared. They celebrated with us and provided a complimentary dessert. The delicatessen downstairs had some great desserts which we took home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before 4?McKinleyDined on 10/26/2014I made a reservation at 2 for a group of nine well in advance asking to near the windows. First of all we were not near the windows, even after I called personally to confirm the reservation. But that, in the scheme of things, is no big deal. What I was not aware of, and what I wish would have been listed in plain view on the portion of their website where you make reservations, was that they do not serve the full menu until 4- just a dinky little sandwich menu. Out of my group of nine, only about half of our plates were hits- the rest were misses. Had I known that there was this tiny menu, I would have reserves a table elsewhere. Our service was top notch, and the bakery and grocery on the bottom floor are pretty neat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal!JRose21Dined on 10/25/2014My husband and I just went here for dinner this past weekend for the first time, and had a fantastic dining experience! The service was great, and the food was outstanding! This is what I imagine authentic Italian food is! Everything we had from the appetizer to dessert was exceptionally good. After dinner (to walk off our full bellies) we had a nice stroll through the downstairs Cossetta's Deli/Market, which was the perfect way to end the night. We brought home even more goodies to try! We WILL be going back!Special Features:
- Great AmbianceBrewcrewrocksDined on 10/25/2014This was our first experience with Louis and will not be the last. We absolutely loved it - from the staff to the food to the ambiance. The acoustics in there did make it a wee bit difficult to communicate but it was more of an energtic vibe from the patrons so it was all good! Looking forward to dining here again the next time we are in St. Paul.Special Features:
- Never Disappointsnemas14Dined on 10/25/2014We've been to Louis no less than 6 times, we've never had a bad experience, food is always tasty and well prepared, service is solid, atmosphere is vibrant. Just another great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014One of the best restaurant meals I have had in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentbirthdaybluesDined on 10/24/2014I was really looking forward to trying the new place, being a a downtown Saint Paul homeowner. To my surprise the the food is very expensive for the lack in quality. Table of 5 and everyone's food was cold and undone. The pasta noodles were so under cooked we had crunch to them and the sauce was cold. The ambiance is bland and the room is very noisey. I was greatly disappointed in a long anticipation to go there. :-( I will not be back there unless the prices go down to match the lack in quality. The patio bar on the other hand, can't wait to try that, looks awesome....
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014food was awesome! Started on the patio bar with drinks, the view is spectacular!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/24/2014I had made a reservation for dinner at 6:30 PM to celebrate a friends birthday. I had many the reservation 3-4 days prior. We were given a table right next to the door goign outside. It was not eh ebst for conversation with a friend that I havent' seen in a very long time. I also thought the prices were high but considering I will only use the restaurant for special occasions, My guest ordered a shrimp dish as was VERY pleased. I ordered a chicken disha nd I thought the pepers would have been sated instead they were pickled and somehtign that I don't care for .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service were greatSTLguy75Dined on 10/24/2014So glad we went. Wonderful ambiance, delicious food and great, friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very loudOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/19/2014Food and service were good but we had a hard time carrying on a conversation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fancy Family FunMNJellyBeansDined on 10/19/2014Yummy pasta! Good wine! Wonderful service! Nice large tables. Reservations recommended for event nights in St. Paul.Special Features:
- charming, great roof top barMNFoodieDined on 10/19/2014Charming for how large this is. Great roof-top bar. Food was good, not great (carrot side dish not cooked enough, still crunchy and bruchetta lacked flavor). Nice that I could split between 2 pasta entrees to have the best of a red sauce and cream sauce dish.Special Features:
- Italian food! YESvisitingDined on 10/18/2014Great Italian dish find! The food is worth the fact other diners may want to be heard by all. Not the room but some at a table close to you. We know our next experience will be less noisy...the food was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GrunzDined on 10/18/2014Sugo sauce was too salty. Three of us had it and all were drinking unusual amounts of water because of the salt.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014My pasta was great. Others in my party had pasta as well and said it was rather salty. Bread was very good as well.Special Features:
- Great time at LouisRefrettedDined on 10/17/2014The food was exceptional and the wait staff friendly and attentive. It is a beautiful facility and the outside upstairs deck is great with a beautiful view of the Cathedral. The deli on the main floor is not to be missed - everything you could want in one place.Special Features: