Louis' Basque Corner
301 E 4th St
Reno, NV 89512Neighborhood:
BasquePrice: $30 and under
Louis' Basque Corner
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://louisbasquecorner.com/
- Phone: (775) 323-7203
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: M-Sa 11:30am-2:30pm
Dinner: M-Th 5:30pm-9:30pm
Dinner: F-Su 5:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Basque
- Executive Chef: Frank Vargas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Multiple private party options. The back private dining room can hold up to 55 people while the main dining room can be reserved for up to 65 people. In special occasions, the two rooms can be combined to seat up to 120-125 people.
- Private Party Contact: Craig Benson 7753237203
- Entertainment: Music after dinner hours.
A word from Louis' Basque Corner
Welcome To Louis" Basque Corner, home of the famous Picon Punch! Dinners served family-style with authentic specialties such as chicken and tongue Basquaise, oxtails, tripas callos, lamb chops, New York steak and many daily specials. Fish served daily. Banquet facilities hold up to 125 people. Located east of the Bowling Stadium and the downtown Events Center. Free Parking!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Louis' Basque Corner - Best Restaurants in Reno ›
Louis' Basque Corner reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (19)neighborhood gem (12)fit for foodies (7)vibrant bar scene (6)special occasion (6)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- Basking with the Basque!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Unlike most places you've ever been, Louis Basque Corner provides incredible and copius food at big tables where you sit with strangers and by the end of the meal you have 8 new best friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not really basque foodLive2enjoyDined on 10/11/2014Just your average mass production of buffet style food. Nothing Basque about it, would not recommend it.Special Features:
- Too many rulesCarmelDined on 10/4/2014Once seated, you must order the family style meal and cannot order off the bar menu. If one person wants a burger and the rest of the party is ordering family style, give them a burger! We enjoyed the food, but the waitress, albeit friendly and smiling, had so many rules that the whole experience just seemed off!Special Features:
- Basque in the excellenceMysterTDined on 9/13/2014great food, great social experience, amazing drinks. This is my first time to authentic Basque cuisine and I was delighted. The servers were friendly, the restaurant clean and comfortable, and the group dining experience fostered conversation and interaction that my wife and I otherwise wouldn't have had. Great experienceSpecial Features:
- Try Basque, you'll like itNVBuzzDined on 8/30/2014Have been to Louis' several times and have never had a bad meal. The restaurant is in an older building with brick walls, which reverberate the sound. Dining is separated into several rooms, so you can be insulated from noisy parties as we were this last visit. You are served family-style with soup, salad and a first course provided in bowls to pass around. Entrée are a choice of steak, pork, a fish and, of course, lamb (Basque are known as sheepherders). My party of four ordered four different entrees and each was cooked properly, served hot and tasty. Dining is an experience and you get to meet and eat with strangers which can be fun. Every visit yields an interesting conversation over sharing the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014We visited Reno for the rib cookoff and on our first night visited Louis'. Lived being served family style and the rabbit and chicken was excellent. Will visit everything we're in Reno.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a stop in RenoJudithDined on 8/25/2014Old time Basque dinner. The place to go if you love lamb in particular!Special Features:
- Great Food and hospitality!AlexfromSparksDined on 8/16/2014All of the entrees were excellent and the sides are tasty and filling. Service was friendly and efficient. Good value for the quantity and quality. Not a lot of parking available.Special Features:
- Mid week dinner outSFgetawayDined on 8/13/2014Great mid-week meal with the family. Shared the family style table with 4 other people from out of state. Good conversation, great service and wonderful food. Always a fun night at Louis' Basque Corner.Special Features:
- Fun for groupDebbiemVIPDined on 8/1/2014Only concern is we were in our hot rods at hot August nights. Not the best neighborhood for parking We hadn't thought of it ahead. Restaurant put us near a window so we could watch the cars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Basque LessLadyfunkDined on 7/31/2014Medium lamb chops arrived almost raw. Med rare steak really raw. Leg of lamb tough. Salad wilted. Soup Luke warm with no taste. Dessert ridiculous. Beans OK. Paid a lot of money for really good fries...the only thing that was good.
- Great atmosphere.easytopleaseDined on 7/25/2014The food was good, but not as good as it has been at other times. Great bread and salad. The beans have been better in the past. Fries were fantastic. Prime rib was a little tough. Overall, everyone had a good time, we enjoyed our food for the most part and the wait staff was very, very nice. Pican Punch just a good as ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 54 reviews are from the Louis' Basque Corner reviews archive.
- What a fun time we had!AnniversaryVIPDined on 6/21/2014Extremely friendly and efficient service staff, delicious food and lively setting.......we will definitely be back and recommend this place!Special Features:
- One of the great Basque Restaurants2ssappsDined on 6/14/2014They are all good. The food wonderful. From Bakersfield to Boise, Reno to Winnemuca to Elko...you can't go wrong at a Basque restaurant. (Ooops, you can go wrong, the Basque restaurant in Alturas, CA!) Louie's is top notch. Service was superb. Food excellent. We still rate The Star Hotel Restaurant in Elko number one, but Louie's is a VERY close second.Special Features:
- Basque dinnerNew2renoDined on 6/7/2014The restaurant was a little more casual than I expected, but we enjoyed our meal. The food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FunDiningdetectivesVIPDined on 5/30/2014Met some new BFFs at this Family Style Dining VenueSpecial Features:
- Louis' is my favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/13/2014My friends and I have always enjoyed our time and food at Louis' - and this time was especially fun and delicious! The lamb chops were cooked perfectly to temperature, the wine and mushroom sweetbreads were as decadent as ever, and the prime rib was a perfect medium rare! We will be back soon!Special Features:
- Unexpected and greatORG1Dined on 4/27/2014Eight golfers went to dinner here on Sunday night. The place was really a welcoming restaurant with superb food. The oxtails and the Basque soup were hits. We are definitely coming back.Special Features:
- I was pleased, & that ain't easylouisDined on 4/23/2014I have not 1 negative thing to say. The food was excellent & the prices were reasonable. The service was good. The drinks were good, the wine excellent as was the beer. I have been in the Basque country, & this was as good as anything I had there.Special Features:
- Love it!!!LulubugDined on 4/19/2014We have always loved this place!! We bring out of town guests and they always ask to come back whenever they are in town! Great food! Louis never disappoints! Can't wait to go back again!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- slow start.... overall great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/14/2014Our reservations were at 5:30, we were seated by 5:40, however it was after 6 before we were approached by a waiter. The evening special was Prime Rib, however by the time we ordered around 6:15, there were only two servings available. The food we did order and receive were outstanding. The Lamb was cooked to perfection, the side dishes were wonderful. The only thing would have made it better for us would have been more prompt service after being seated and a shortage of the advertised special dish of the evening.Special Features:
- meet new friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/7/2014We had a delightful dinner, as usual, and the bonus, as usual at Louis' was that we were seated with people we hadn't met beforeand had interesting conversations with them. Another "as usual" in Reno--we had friends in common. Lovely evening.Special Features:
- Tired of Reno's hotel buffetsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/1/2014Louis' Basque Corner is a gem. They can accommodate groups. Best to make a reservation before showing up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Basque!OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 2/15/2014Love love love this incredible find. Beat all expectations for food and drink!Special Features:
- First time BasquenapaBudDined on 2/14/2014Awesome time! Food was great. Food served family style... We were lucky and sat wth 3 other couples who all were friendly. Had a great time!Special Features:
- Locals Hangout, family style,SteveVIPDined on 1/31/2014Locals Hangout, family style, prime rib was excellent.Special Features:
- First time eating here. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/26/2014First time eating here. We will come back and try lunch.Special Features:
- Just WonderfulClaraandJimVIPDined on 1/20/2014We ate at Louis' Basque Corner for the first time just a few days ago. We liked it so much that we came back for a second time even though there are hundreds of restaurants in this "Biggest Little City in the World". The food is excellent, served family style. The staff couldn't be friendlier and more attentive. We highly recommend this restaurant as a great dining experience.Special Features:
- New Old GemNevAndyDined on 1/14/2014Louie's is an old Reno standard that has been given new life by it's new energetic and customer-conscious owners. The menu is much the same, with old favorites like sweetbreads, oxtail, and beef tongue, and the head chef, Frank, is still supplying diners with the same delicious fare, but the place is much more upbeat now, and the ambiance has a more hip and vibrant feel. A must for anyone in the Reno area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!ClaraandJimVIPDined on 1/12/2014We had a fantastic dinner at Louis' Basque Corner tonight. It was our first time at this restaurant (and Reno). The food was served family style and it was delicious. My husband chose the lamb chops and I chose the lamb shank for our main entrees. These were part of a multi-course dinner that included soup, salad, appetizer, vegetables and dessert, plus house wine. We sat with 6 other people and enjoyed great conversation. We even got to share some of our lamb dishes in exchange for sweetbreads that someone else had chosen for his entree. The service was excellent and the price unbeatable -- $24.95 per person for a wonderful dinner experience.Special Features:
- good foodnvfamilyDined on 1/4/2014As usual the food was good and the restaurant was pretty noisy but we knew the would be the case when we made the reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must stop in RenoLuvwineanddinrDined on 12/27/2013By far a favorite for the entire family. Great food, fun atmosphere. Love the family style dining with the salad, soup, mussles, rice,bread, French fries, and then your meat of choice. Always a great meal. Always a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Life's still good at Louis'CLfromCCDined on 12/26/2013Had not eaten here since the change of ownership. It was great to find a good crowd, even on a weeknight after Christmas. The bar was crowded, the noise level high but not obnoxious, and drinks were prompt and without fuss. Dinner was as good as we'd remembered: flavorful dishes, lavish portions, and the chance to get to know the lucky (?) couple who got seated at the end of our table of 6. The only hangup was in their reluctance to seat us until all of our party had arrived, which spread our time in the bar out over a good half-hour--our fault, not theirs. If you've never had a Basque family-style meal, great place to start!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeCarlDined on 12/24/2013We have been eating at Louis for more then forty years. I don't think we have ever had a bad meal. The new owners are continuing a great tradition.Special Features:
- Food, Food and More FoodSactokarenVIPDined on 12/13/2013Wow - we wanted to try something other than casino fare and this was a great choice. They were hosting a large party, so even with reservations, we cut it close getting back on time for our show. We started with a glass of wine (it came with the family style meal.) There was bread and butter, salad, soup, mussels and rice (a very generous portion,) entree (I had salmon and my sweetie had a steak,) and ice cream for dessert. All for $25 apiece. Everything was filling and delicious.Special Features:
- Louis is a great venue forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/30/2013Louis is a great venue for an entertaining group lunch or dinner. You cant find their renown Picons anywhere else! The food is aways perfect and the staff is outgoing and engaging. A GREAT time!!Special Features:
- Love this place alwaysPjspiceDined on 11/27/2013Louies is one of our all time favorite when we want a big gathering, we had 15 people this last time and it was so fun. their food is always fantastic and prices are reasonable. Definitely recommend to anybody.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way to loud to enjoyRobertDined on 11/23/2013Was way way to loud to enjoy the meal. We were a party of 7...the waitress had to yell in order for us to hear the specials. None of us could hear each other. The food was good...but will not return. Miss the old days when this was a place we looked forward to going to. Since the remodel....whatever was done...the acoustics are terrible. To bad they are unable to do something about it. We should have known better....last visit was last year...were hopeful problem was addressed. Brought friends who had never tried a Basque experience....we were all disappointed in the noise level.Special Features:
- This is a Reno Institution !!!!!BasquoooooDined on 11/23/2013Food and Bar is just Great!!!!!! Good place to see old and new friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Louie's is backdijon1Dined on 11/8/2013After declining for several years, the new owners have brought the place back up to standards. Food is good Basque style food. Fun for the family. Noise level is high and bothered our elderly mother. She still enjoyed the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.