1289 North Palm Avenue
Sarasota, FL 34236Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: 9415529688x
- Hours of Operation:
Open daily for light breakfast, coffee, lunch and dinner, Monday - Sunday 7:00 am - Close
Barista Coffee Bar & light breakfast bites begins at 7 am
Lunch service at Louies Modern, 11:30 am - 4 pm
Dinner service, 4 pm to close
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar
A word from Louie's Modern
Downtown Sarasota’s newest dining hotspot on the street level of the award-winning Palm Avenue Garage showcases culinary ingenuity, freshness and quality. From creative light bites such a to small plates and entrees and price points from $4-$24, diners can enjoy an interactive dining experience of Classical Modern cuisine including an open air kitchen and wood burning oven and grill.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Louie's Modern - Best Restaurants in Sarasota ›
Louie's Modern reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (63)neighborhood gem (44)hot spot (38)special occasion (36)vibrant bar scene (28)good for groups (27)great for outdoor dining (26)romantic (17)great for lunch (15)notable wine list (13)late-night find (11)great for brunch (11)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Always pleased with experienceJanieDined on 10/16/2014Food is consistently good. Service always good. Parking lot great plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Now of my FavoritesbifbifDined on 10/13/2014Louie's Modern is a great addition to Sarasota dining. The atmosphere, staff, ambience, bar, wine list and menu are all superb. I have never had a bad menu choice at Louie's. I have recommend Louie's to many friends and acquaintances and have always had positive feedback. One of my number one go-to restaurants. Excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's all the hype about?SonitaDined on 10/11/2014The food was a little average this time. I mean it was good but for example the broccoli was way overcooked and more on the soggy side in my opinion. The server seemed new and we had to ask her a lot for items and could barely hear her talk. She mentioned the special but there was no explanation just the title of the special. The red wine was room temp which we prefer cellar temp for red wine! I do like that they have a Somm there to pour the wine though! We will be back but I wasn't extremely impressed this time. Hopefully it was just an off night in general.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Louie's Modern4923005Dined on 10/11/2014Louie's Modern is a favorite of ours; it never disappoints.Special Features:
- An Urban OasisNannyVIPDined on 9/29/2014Louie's Modern was a pleasure to have a special lunch!! The lighting, decor, service, and cuisine is fantastic and easy to have a conversation!Special Features:
- Went back again the next night!SaltlakevisitorDined on 9/25/2014My mom (Sarasota denizen) had heard of Louie's and suggested we go. She is 98 and blind but all her palate is still operating full tilt. She LOVED it, and so did I. Great variety of options and everything we had was a great adventure. So we went back the next night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014I had a problem with the reservation. Made it on line wanted it for 7 and they said could not come them 6:30 or 7:30. We were there for our 6:30 reservation and the place was empty all night long.Special Features:
- Super spot with great food!TresBonCuisineDined on 9/20/2014Great spot for weekend night out. Must try the Buratta Salad served on chilled salt slab...delicious!Special Features:
- Perfect nightNancyVIPDined on 9/20/2014This is definitely my favorite srq find. Great food, ambiance and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LightingTroyDined on 9/17/2014The BLUE lighting is very distracting NOT GOOD, distracted from the nice ambiance before you used it. The service and the food is outstanding but this would be a big mediative food coming in again,Special Features:
- Wait staff-donzimikeDined on 9/17/2014One of your wait staff needs training-Had a chip out of the rim on a martini glass and she said she wold strain it and bring it back-Really-Also we must have been early and the bread was dried out and she said that is how it comes-We've been at dinner and lunch before and that is not the fact-Food is really good and we like your spot-Good Luck in the future-Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staff was Great -and Food too!HappyinSarasotaVIPDined on 9/15/2014We hosted a group of six for dinner and asked for two tables to be combined instead of a booth, (which does sit 6 as well). The team was wonderful, made it happen fast. Louie's Modern is one of my favorites --and our guests all loved their food, too. The staff is consistently friendly, well trained and accommodating. They work hard to deal with food sensitivities etc. I eat there at least once a week--and this week, twice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inventive brunch menu worth tryingAvidDinerVIPDined on 9/14/2014Gone, at least for now, is the impressive brunch buffet table, but the menu still offers some of the more interesting ideas for brunch in the neighborhood. The huevos ranchero was a pleasant dish, if timidly seasoned. Bar drinks are, as always, a strong point in Louis' favor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu offeringsfoodiequeen44Dined on 9/12/2014Louie's Modern has a great menu offering unusual dishes in addition to mores standard fare. Thee were several very interesting vegetarian entreees to choose from--I had the vegetarian shepards pie: Yum. The kale Cesear salad is the best! Service is very friendly but not overbearing or intrusive.Special Features:
- OutstandingCrickeyDined on 9/6/2014The service by Danielle was great. She was really personable and helpful. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!GeorgiaDined on 8/31/2014We really enjoyed our experience at Louie's Modern. Creative menu, delicious food, nice ambience. Good price points. We will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- sorry to say.munchalotDined on 8/29/2014We have eaten there many times, but both my wife and I have both had mediocre meals recently. Maybe its the item we have chosen and just got unlucky. I will go again, but maybe stick with the basics they do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit and miss summer menuAvidDinerVIPDined on 8/28/2014The summer$39 tasting menu is two steps forward and one step back. Actually a tumble. Among the limited choices, the pair of scallops and crab ravioli were quite the best, but the ahi tuna Asian style salad was too vinegary to be edible. Although there was a suggested wine pairing, no wine could possibly stand up to the mouth-puckering acidity of the dish. Dessert was a serving of tiny chocolate truffles that in most restaurants of this class are giveaways at the end of the meal. As is usually the case here, the service was pleasantly efficient and the bar continues to be top notch.Special Features:
- Always excellentrudytootieDined on 8/22/2014WE love Louie's Modern for a "downtown" evening out. Took our guest who hail from NY to dinner, and we all were very satisfied with the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AtmoshpereJewelsDined on 8/20/2014Felt like we were in New York! The atmosphere was beautiful in the center of the room. The appetizers looked divine and tasted very fresh. My kale and salmon salad was absolutely wonderful. Looking forward to going back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2014I have been to Louie's Modern a couple times. The ambience is great and it's in a spectacular location in downtown Sarasota. The food is excellent; I had a frittata and it was prepared well and the presentation is spectacular. I also drank a BrightEyes and I really enjoyed having a brunch cocktail with fresh pressed juice. I will return during the busy season to have their amazing brunch and bloody mary's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a bit over the topOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014The food was good, but a bit over the top. One of my pet peeves is when a restaurant uses a french word to make an ordinary dish sound mysterious. For example: Cuvee Short Rib - gorgonzola polenta, red cabbage confit, oven dried grapes. 1. Curvee is a french term used to describe wine in a batch vat or tank. In this case it seemed to be a sort of brisket 2. Confit (French) is a generic term for various kinds of food that have been cooked in oil or sugar water (syrup). Shredded cabbage here. I won't even bother with oven dried grapes as I did not even find any, but I can only assume they were raisins. Otherwise, a slightly overpriced but good diner.
- Great place, great foodEc1203Dined on 8/8/2014Absolutely great food and overall great place. Have eaten at many great restaraunts in NYC, LA and honestly this is right up there with them. A must try when in Sarasota.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeKDined on 8/7/2014Try their four course special for $39.95 and wine pairing for an extra $10. This was great and a real value. The food was delicious.Special Features:
- excellent exerienceDonaldVIPDined on 8/4/2014great food!!! EXCEPTIONALLY attentive service. Itesm on emnu were fresh and well prepared especially since it was a Monday and the executive chef was off. Well done!Special Features:
- foodiesDined on 8/1/2014There were 4 people in our party and everyone enjoyed their meal. We were there for a pre theater dinner. The selections were nice but pricey. We will come back again possibly for a lunch or brunch.Special Features:
- Delicious DinnwrDeega3Dined on 7/29/2014We have been wanting to try this restaurant out for some time and finally went for a nice family dinner. Everything was absolutely delicious and service was great. We loved everything about the restaurant and can't wait to dine there again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant experienceDeParisDined on 7/26/2014Very pleasant experience in (belated) first visit, pre-theater. Very attractive room; pleasant, knowledgeable and attentive server. Excellent gazpacho, excellent burger, only minus was beef tartare which included some gristly pieces. Very pleased with house cocktails.Special Features:
- cindiVIPDined on 7/23/2014Great modern setting. The food was great. Modern twists abound. Superior service
- So-so foodLunchieDined on 7/23/2014Lunched: scallop salad: scallops were seared right but noodles& dressing were blah. Companion hD Louis burger--nice presentation but sloppy slaw on burger ruined it. Chocolate donut dessert was ok but not great, also should arrive on service plate! Rolls w/ whipped butter---nobody whips butter anymore--stale & tired.Special Features:
- Excellent lunchSandiDined on 7/21/2014Our group of 5 women enjoyed the lunch, service, and ambiance!Special Features:
- My regular favorite!HappyinSarasotaVIPDined on 7/20/2014Louie's Modern gets it right...the food is great, service attentive and friendly, atmosphere feels "buzzy" enough to be fun, with the kitchen and ovens in full view. I have real dietary restrictions and they are able to modify dishes to fit. I take out of towners there when they visit and everyone has been delighted with the experience--keep it up, LM!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre TheatreKrisDined on 7/19/2014This location is great for parking above, relaxing before the many performing opportunities offered by Sarasota. The food is fun and novel. The service is quick and responsive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!vbsrqDined on 7/18/2014Had a wonderful dinner at Louie's! Started with a drink in the bar...then a delicious dinner. Try the Kale Caesar Salad with salmon - fabulous! My husband loved his étouffée. And our server was wonderful - attentive, helpful with recommendations, and made a quick requested change without hesitation. I've already suggested to friends that we plan another night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Louie's was greatLuv2DineDined on 7/12/2014I had heard and read a lot about Louie's and we finally went on a date night. The food was so good we will definitely be back. I loved the feel of the restaurant. There were a lot of people there but the tables are nicely spaced so you don't feel like you are on top of the next table (or eating with them). The service was really good. Try the Shrubbery cocktail - so good.Special Features:
- Love this place!NancyVIPDined on 7/12/2014My go to place when I want a fun night and delicious meal. Best cocktails in Srq.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BuddyweiserDined on 7/12/2014We did not care for the "techno" type of music, it really doesn't work well with an upscale dining experience and was not complimentary to the otherwise lovely environment. Might be okay for the bar area but felt it was totally inappropriate for the dining area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as thrilled this time...anthonyjvDined on 7/12/2014Beautiful restaurant--Sarasota meets Miami meets LA meets NY! Service was great. Drinks were great. Food, however, not so great. This was the second time eating there and remembered liking it more the first time. Our party decided to try the different "snacks" and "small plates" rather than have a larger meal. These were very uneven in value and quality. Two deviled eggs for $4.00? Delicious but worth the price? No. Same with the pimento grilled cheese--two very small quarter pieces for $6? The chicken and waffle drumstick was just odd--under the heavy batter was slimy chicken skin and very little meat. Other portions very small for the price--calamari and rosemary fries. Other restaurants in Sarasota are doing these better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gemCLIFFSIDEVIPDined on 7/10/2014A downtown great place to eat Moving to the area used too excellent resturants from NYC area and Louie's hits the mark in Sarasota. Excellent service ,I have allergies staff able to accomate all requests Wonderful Kale Carasar salad great pairingsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VacationerSuburbaniteVIPDined on 7/5/2014New restaurant find. Have been to sister restaurant, and found this just as good if not better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.