4642 West 103rd
Oak Lawn, IL 60453Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.louieschophouse.com/
- Phone: 7084256530
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Private Room, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live Music in Our Piano Bar Friday & Saturday!
A word from Louie's Chophouse
Voted best steak on the southside!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Louie's Chophouse - Best Restaurants in Oak Lawn ›
Louie's Chophouse reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (14)special occasion (13)fit for foodies (6)romantic (6)notable wine list (6)good for groups (4)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Moms BirthdayTavinDined on 9/12/2014Took my mom and fiancé here for her birthday and we all loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotWineLovers1999Dined on 9/12/2014We live nearby and we really like Louie's. Try the King Louie platter for an appetizer. It has a little of everything: BBQ ribs, zucchini, grilled shrimp, baked mushrooms, and beef kabob. My wife had the filet with a horseradish crust and I had the Mediterranean chicken, both were excellent. Nice wine list great service and there was a piano player on the Friday night we were there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyVIPDined on 9/9/2014Good food, excellent wine and timely service. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our Anniversary DinnerfanofLouiesDined on 9/6/2014The times that we have enjoyed dinner at Louie's, we have never been disappointed. Our most recent visit, the server was attentive and friendly; the ribeye steak was prepared just the way it was requested. Overall, the king crab legs were very good but there were a few pieces that had a "fishy" taste. I would consider ordering them again - easy to eat and very meaty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation dinnerHarddockDined on 8/29/2014Perfect food and service. The waitress was both entertaining and informative.Special Features:
- grannyDined on 8/29/2014Have been going there for a number of years on special occasions. The next one is my birthday later this month. Very satisfied with everything. The only thing was my sons order of Walle it just didn't taste like it usually did. He said it was tooo bland. Other than that had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Louie'sBigRioDined on 8/2/2014So I took my wife on a shopping spree and ended up at Louie's for dinner. We had Alex as our server and did not need to call him for amything because he was right there. The man was courteous and very knowledgeable about the menu and drinks. We ordered the LoliChops and crab cakes for starters along with a few drinks and had the bone-in rib eye for dinner. I weigh a good 260lbs and could not finish my food. Everything was delicious. And we even got to meet Louie, the owner, who is as cool as the other side.of the pillow. Nice atmosphere, beautiful ambiance, great food and staff. This wasn't my first visit and it won't be my last. Definitely one of my favorite spots in the cut.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My go to spotOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/1/2014Always a favorite for my wife and I and everyone we tell or take there. Never a disappointment, always excellent food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Décor needs upgrading. We did not find it up to the rave reviews we had received.Barb
- ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT MENUlooking4somethingDined on 7/19/2014The service is commendable - but the menu misleading; e.g., "honey mustard" description of sauce for Tilapia is not really honey mustard, but something else made up by the chef. The owners do care if the patrons like their food and will make necessary adjustments. Just ask about each item on menu "in advance" to insure a pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AppetizersCubbiesVIPDined on 7/16/2014Louie's seafood appetizer platter is excellent. I had the sea bass which was cooked to perfection. Wednesday nights are half priced bottles of wine under $50.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over rated and over pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/13/2014We received a gift certificate, that is why we went here. Waitress was outstanding, but the rest just ok. Bread great, salad good but seriously for the prices, only one small cherry tomato on each of ours? Tuna, and steak for main meal, would of been great, but loaded with peppercorns so much even when scraping off as much as possible, it over powered the taste. Peppercorns are good but over kill. No reservations needed on Saturday at 5 PM, 75% empty.
- What a great place!luv2dineDined on 6/7/2014We were in search of a great place in Oak Lawn that wasn't a chain; and we found it! I would highly recommend this restaurant. The food was great, the atmosphere was very nice too. Don't let the prices sway you, it was well worth the money.
- The following 181 reviews are from the Louie's Chophouse reviews archive.
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014Our family came here to celebrate my son's graduation from college. We sat at a table in the bar area, very nice and relaxing. No rushing, great food and our waitress Jessica (I think) was awesome! Our table ordered a variety, from Prime rib (giant portion), ribs, chicken, lamb and salmon. No complaints. Just what we were looking for!Special Features:
- Great place for a great meal!SFarrDined on 5/17/2014The food was great and reasonably priced. Our server, Adam, did a fantastic job! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakRichandMargieDined on 5/17/2014Always a neighborhood gem. Great steaks grilled perfectly and excellent service. It looks more modern since the recent remodel. Nice wood floors. However, it did raise the noise level.Special Features:
- great foodDeliciousDined on 5/11/2014Louie's was recommended to me by a friend. I took my Mom there for Mothers Day. It was our first time there and we both enjoyed it very much. A little pricy but you get what you pay for. The quality of food, the lay out of the place and service were very good. They gave all the ladies a beautiful long stem rose for Mother day. I will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AS ALWAYS - FABULOUSRosalinaDined on 5/10/2014Louie's Chophouse is always great....but this time everything was fabulous. We sat in the bar for the first time and Alex was the best server we have experienced! The steaks were cooked to perfection as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem of Oak LawnStkluvrDined on 5/5/2014Great food, great service and the free parking is a bonus. My wife and I always go to Louie's to celebrate a special occasion. We can count on this chophouse for a great steak at a very reasonable price. The waitstaff are very friendly and attentive from the time you enter to the time you leave. We always have a good experience when we go there.Special Features:
- Great steaks!4KittiesMomDined on 5/4/2014This is a really nice place. Like a Downtown Steakhouse in the Southwest suburbs. The steaks are wonderful and the fried cheesecake alone is worth the trip! Great waitstaff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FiletJamesDined on 5/3/2014My wife and I both had the Filet and was very disappointed. The size of the steak was very good, but it literally had no taste to it. I very rarely add salt or pepper to a steak but had to on this occasion. I had the baked potato, which was good. My wife had the garlic mashed which was not very tasty. The restaurant itself was a very nice surprise. It was rather large and spaced nicely. Waiter was attentive.
- Nice local ChophouseMortisDined on 5/3/2014Nice local chophouse. Good selection of steak and fish which was prepared as ordered. The service was attentive without becoming overbearing. We dined on a Saturday night and the two piece band was decent - the volume was such that our party of four could hold a decent conversation without the need to yell.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good experienceBhamdinerDined on 5/2/2014A group of us were in town for a meeting and the hotel recommended Louie's. We had a group of 4 for dinner and ordered 3 Bone-in Ribeyes & 1 Prime Rib. The portion sizes were very generous and the Prime Rib reminded us of the Flintstones. The House Cab was great, sides were tasty and overall a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Going Back!GreecyfrogDined on 4/28/20141st Visit (Approx.11 yrs ago)-Food fine, had a great dining experience. Ate HALF my dinner saving the other half for the next day. Asked the waiter to wrap my dinner. When I opened my leftovers the potatoes, vegetables and a steak bone I was saving for my dog had been discarded and I was left with a half a piece of meat! I was not happy. 2nd visit 2014-Read the menu on internet prior to arrival. Asked server the specials she did not offer the special listed on the internet (smothered rib eye steak & dessert). Ordered the rib eye steak special. At meals end had to ask for dessert! Ordered the Lamb Lolly Pop Appetizer and requested well done. They were extremely RARE! Sangria-outstanding Grades: Food Taste-A Service-FSpecial Features:
- matthew1030Dined on 4/26/2014Everything was great except for the music! During dinner it was loud and not very good. Someone playing the piano would have been perfect! Sorry Louie to me your more of an upscale restaurant then trying to be a night club.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/23/2014Great place, friendly staff. I would've given a higher rating but when we looked over the bill the next morning we saw they charged us for a bottle of champagne we didn't receive. Nevertheless, we called and they said they would credit our card for the charge. An inconvenience, but overall nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteaksCarnivoreDined on 4/19/2014Good as any steak in Chicago without the price and hassle of going downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recommended!DinnerPalDined on 4/12/2014A friend had forwarded a favorable review of Louie's a few months ago, and so I made sure to remember it for an appropriate occasion. I went here for a small birthday gathering, something beyond the ubiquitous (though excellent) burger and pizza joints found in the area. Hands-down, the food was excellent; for that reason alone, I would recommend Louie's. I had a Caesar salad to start with, and could tell right away that the dressing was high-quality. For an entree, I had a petite filet mignon, and it was one of the best I've had in years, truly! Superb cut of meat cooked perfectly. Particularly if you're a steak fan, you should put Louie's on your list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New BeginingsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014I brought my mother here for her 60th Birthday. The place was great. At first I had crossed this place off of the list, but I'm glad that I decided on it. the food was excellent. It was worth every penny. The food was great, the staff was friendly, and the live band was awesome. The only thing that I did not like, was probably the close proximity of the other tables. I had a party of 5 and we were in a back next to a staircase. They should probably consider taking a few tables out to make it more comfortable. The food was spectacular, my prime rib of beef au jus was phenomenal and cooked exactly as I asked, I was not expecting the cut to be as big as it was, but I'm glad, because it has been 2 days and I have just finished it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NicePenguin001Dined on 4/5/2014Good food. Nice atmosphere. Only draw back. It is a bit pricey.Special Features:
- My husband and I have dinedChrisDined on 4/5/2014My husband and I have dined here several times before. Their food is always very good. The service is excellent. We will be coming back again and again.Special Features:
- Unbelievably AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014When encountering the restaurant, it's in a mini mall connection- looks small. Once you walk in its beautiful, quiet and the jazz music is soothing! Our waiter immediately introduced himself, very nice and very courteous! The special selection for the day was so hard to choose, it all sounded delicious! We received our salad and soup first and by far very good! Dinner was the best part, every bite was delicious. I rate Louie's a 10, the atmosphere is soothing and quant, the service is astounding, and the food is beyond my expectations! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FOOD & SERVICEgeneralDined on 3/22/2014Enjoy this neighborhood restaurant, nice menu great food. We feasted on filet ,pork chops and shrimp, everything was excellent, we always come here for special occasions to celebrate. Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Louie'sHdrawDined on 3/20/2014Excellent experience. Good service, friendly staff and lovely surroundings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014Appears to be an upscale restaurant but falls short. Ordered a bottle of chilled white wine which was left at the table without being keep chilled. The stuffed mushroom appetizer was a few small mushrooms with a slice of sausage on top smothered in cheese. My entree was the BBQ ribs with garlic mash potatoes which I had to return because the ribs were dry and had no flavor, and the garlic mashed potatoes had so much garlic that I could not eat them. The waitress and the host were accommodating and replaced my entree with a filet which was very good. Desert okay. My wife had the surf and turf which was good. To expensive for all around experience.
- Hidden GemdcoleDined on 3/1/2014Chop houses of this quality are usually found down town but not Louie's! This was or first time dining here and the experience was excellent!! I order the rack of lamb that was cooked just right(could have a tad bit more seasoning) and my husband ordered the bone-in rib eye that was good. Service was great and ambiance was cozy.So overall wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!RosalinaDined on 2/16/2014As always, our food was excellent....and the service provided by Rick was excellent! It is one of those restaurants that you can count on!Special Features:
- Best place on the southside.JTJCDined on 2/15/2014Best place on the southside. if you want a great steak go to Louie's !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTIC FOOD!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014My family and I have gone many times to Louie's Chophouse and have always had a fantastic meal. No matter what we order, the food was delicious, the service was superb, and the atmosphere was exceptional. We meet friends there frequently and have never had a bad experience. I don't know how the restaurant continually surprises me with its great service and friendly wait staff, but it does. We will keep going back time and time again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Save your money eat elsewhere!KennyRuggsDined on 2/15/2014Server was fair. Caprese app was bad. Shishkabob app was raw. Salads were like you would get at a bad wedding reception. Petite filet was not a quality piece of meat. Also 'market price'? For meat??? $36 for a petite filet. Dessert tasted like they got it from Jewel next door. Awful. Save your money go to Tuscany or Wildfire! 100 times better for the same price!!