4642 West 103rd
Oak Lawn, IL 60453Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.louieschophouse.com/
- Phone: (708) 425-6530
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Private Room, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live Music in Our Piano Bar Friday & Saturday!
A word from Louie's Chophouse
Voted best steak on the southside!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Louie's Chophouse - Best Restaurants in Oak Lawn ›
Louie's Chophouse reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (23)neighborhood gem (18)romantic (13)fit for foodies (10)notable wine list (10)good for groups (8)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)great for lunch (2)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Louie's ChophouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014The foods at Louie's is delicious It's that simple to say. We have been going there for around 12 years, and we have never been disappointed.On Saturday night I had their wonderful Garlic shrimp and linguini, and my husband had a huge prime rib. With the salad and bread it is hard to finish the large portions they serve. This time we went on a Saturday night, so it was noisier than usual. I really enjoy going on a week night when it is quieter. The lights are low and the servers are friendly and usually Louie himself is in the house helping out. The bar area is very nice, also and we have been there for drinks and piano music in the past. It is a great place for a celebration dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining and Entertainment!2brunchDined on 11/7/2014My dinner club of 4 ladies dined at Louie's on a Friday night and we were very pleased with our meals. Two of us had the pork chops and two of us had the lake perch special and we were all very pleased by the excellent service, generous portions, and delicious food. Frank Rossi entertained that night and he was great! We highly recommend Louie's and will definitely be back with our husbands!Special Features:
- Separate plate for side dishesMaribeuDined on 11/1/2014The atmosphere was very cozy and inviting with a bit of elegance. Service was great and the waiters were quite attentive. We were given time to enjoy our before dinner cocktails and each course without being rushed. I had a problem with my very large prime rib served in the same plate with the vegetable and potato, the juice from the steak ran all over everything making this a bit unappetizing. Separate dishes should have been provided for the bread and the appetizers. I would return. The food was very good and the wine was excellent. The waiter failed to provide water regularly at first, but once I brought it to his attention, the glass remained filled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014Great food, great service, great time-appetizers were excellent-steak and lamb chops out of this world along with the sea bassSpecial Features:
- Great all the way aroundsuzyQDined on 10/18/2014Group of 5 went to Louie's for the first time to celebrate a birthday. The food was excellent! Appetizers - lamb lolly chops were perfect, not overcooked and not undercooked. Fresh & tender clams casino. Steaks were perfectly cooked to order, ribs had a nice smoky flavor and not greasy. I highly recommend the French Martini. I see some reviewers complained about the strip mall setting, so what - you're not eating in the parking lot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaveDaveDined on 10/18/2014This was definitly not the best meal I have ever had. Every component of my meal i.e. meat, potato, and vegatable had a sauce or marinade on it. A good steak (and it was a good steak!) should taste like a good steak, not the sweet sauce that was over it. The service was medicre at best.
- Best in the area!mairzdotesDined on 10/18/2014Louie's Chophouse is by and far the best restaurant in the South Suburbs of Chicago! The high quality steaks are always char broiled to perfection. The fish is always high quality and fresh, again, cooked to perfection. Apps are perfect, sides are fresh and tasty. No doubt,..this is an expensive restaurant, but, you get what you pay for! The service also,..always great! We go out to restaurants often and this one could even stand up to some of the great restaurants downtown!Special Features:
- Rip offOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Overpriced to begin with. I had a gift card worth $100. Some glitch in their computer only credited it at $91. Management was very argumentative with me. They were wrong. I was right. I will never go back there again.
- A good time and great foodcdwoodDined on 10/4/2014We had a great time. They had entertainment and the best steaks any where!Special Features:
- Not a Happy BirthdayKMaroDined on 9/27/20147:15 reaervations and out of some menu items! For a party of 6 on a Sat. night, impossible to leave and go somewhere else. WAITESS WAS REALLY FABULOUS!! 5 stars for her! The large appetizer platter was very tasty. The sauce on the side was delicious.
- ExcellentFoodDJJDined on 9/27/2014We had a great dinner and our waitress was AWESOME! It was my wifes birthday and she'll NEVER forget that GREAT prime rib.Special Features:
- RachelleDined on 9/27/2014We had Adam as a server he was wonderful very attentive to our table. First time every eating at the restaurant and will definately be back in the future with Family and Friends. Food was excellent and filling. Great Soup and appetizers.Special Features:
- grannyDined on 9/26/2014Had a wonderful time. The food was superb. Everything was just great and I had a great birthday. Thank you to the waitress and everyone. My family just enjoyed the food immensely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moms BirthdayTavinDined on 9/12/2014Took my mom and fiancé here for her birthday and we all loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotWineLovers1999Dined on 9/12/2014We live nearby and we really like Louie's. Try the King Louie platter for an appetizer. It has a little of everything: BBQ ribs, zucchini, grilled shrimp, baked mushrooms, and beef kabob. My wife had the filet with a horseradish crust and I had the Mediterranean chicken, both were excellent. Nice wine list great service and there was a piano player on the Friday night we were there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyVIPDined on 9/9/2014Good food, excellent wine and timely service. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our Anniversary DinnerfanofLouiesDined on 9/6/2014The times that we have enjoyed dinner at Louie's, we have never been disappointed. Our most recent visit, the server was attentive and friendly; the ribeye steak was prepared just the way it was requested. Overall, the king crab legs were very good but there were a few pieces that had a "fishy" taste. I would consider ordering them again - easy to eat and very meaty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation dinnerHarddockDined on 8/29/2014Perfect food and service. The waitress was both entertaining and informative.Special Features:
- grannyDined on 8/29/2014Have been going there for a number of years on special occasions. The next one is my birthday later this month. Very satisfied with everything. The only thing was my sons order of Walle it just didn't taste like it usually did. He said it was tooo bland. Other than that had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Louie'sBigRioDined on 8/2/2014So I took my wife on a shopping spree and ended up at Louie's for dinner. We had Alex as our server and did not need to call him for amything because he was right there. The man was courteous and very knowledgeable about the menu and drinks. We ordered the LoliChops and crab cakes for starters along with a few drinks and had the bone-in rib eye for dinner. I weigh a good 260lbs and could not finish my food. Everything was delicious. And we even got to meet Louie, the owner, who is as cool as the other side.of the pillow. Nice atmosphere, beautiful ambiance, great food and staff. This wasn't my first visit and it won't be my last. Definitely one of my favorite spots in the cut.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My go to spotOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/1/2014Always a favorite for my wife and I and everyone we tell or take there. Never a disappointment, always excellent food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 187 reviews are from the Louie's Chophouse reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Décor needs upgrading. We did not find it up to the rave reviews we had received.Barb
- ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT MENUlooking4somethingDined on 7/19/2014The service is commendable - but the menu misleading; e.g., "honey mustard" description of sauce for Tilapia is not really honey mustard, but something else made up by the chef. The owners do care if the patrons like their food and will make necessary adjustments. Just ask about each item on menu "in advance" to insure a pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AppetizersCubbiesVIPDined on 7/16/2014Louie's seafood appetizer platter is excellent. I had the sea bass which was cooked to perfection. Wednesday nights are half priced bottles of wine under $50.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over rated and over pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/13/2014We received a gift certificate, that is why we went here. Waitress was outstanding, but the rest just ok. Bread great, salad good but seriously for the prices, only one small cherry tomato on each of ours? Tuna, and steak for main meal, would of been great, but loaded with peppercorns so much even when scraping off as much as possible, it over powered the taste. Peppercorns are good but over kill. No reservations needed on Saturday at 5 PM, 75% empty.
- What a great place!luv2dineDined on 6/7/2014We were in search of a great place in Oak Lawn that wasn't a chain; and we found it! I would highly recommend this restaurant. The food was great, the atmosphere was very nice too. Don't let the prices sway you, it was well worth the money.
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014Our family came here to celebrate my son's graduation from college. We sat at a table in the bar area, very nice and relaxing. No rushing, great food and our waitress Jessica (I think) was awesome! Our table ordered a variety, from Prime rib (giant portion), ribs, chicken, lamb and salmon. No complaints. Just what we were looking for!Special Features:
- Great place for a great meal!SFarrDined on 5/17/2014The food was great and reasonably priced. Our server, Adam, did a fantastic job! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakRichandMargieDined on 5/17/2014Always a neighborhood gem. Great steaks grilled perfectly and excellent service. It looks more modern since the recent remodel. Nice wood floors. However, it did raise the noise level.Special Features:
- great foodDeliciousDined on 5/11/2014Louie's was recommended to me by a friend. I took my Mom there for Mothers Day. It was our first time there and we both enjoyed it very much. A little pricy but you get what you pay for. The quality of food, the lay out of the place and service were very good. They gave all the ladies a beautiful long stem rose for Mother day. I will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AS ALWAYS - FABULOUSRosalinaDined on 5/10/2014Louie's Chophouse is always great....but this time everything was fabulous. We sat in the bar for the first time and Alex was the best server we have experienced! The steaks were cooked to perfection as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem of Oak LawnStkluvrDined on 5/5/2014Great food, great service and the free parking is a bonus. My wife and I always go to Louie's to celebrate a special occasion. We can count on this chophouse for a great steak at a very reasonable price. The waitstaff are very friendly and attentive from the time you enter to the time you leave. We always have a good experience when we go there.Special Features:
- Great steaks!4KittiesMomDined on 5/4/2014This is a really nice place. Like a Downtown Steakhouse in the Southwest suburbs. The steaks are wonderful and the fried cheesecake alone is worth the trip! Great waitstaff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FiletJamesDined on 5/3/2014My wife and I both had the Filet and was very disappointed. The size of the steak was very good, but it literally had no taste to it. I very rarely add salt or pepper to a steak but had to on this occasion. I had the baked potato, which was good. My wife had the garlic mashed which was not very tasty. The restaurant itself was a very nice surprise. It was rather large and spaced nicely. Waiter was attentive.
- Nice local ChophouseMortisDined on 5/3/2014Nice local chophouse. Good selection of steak and fish which was prepared as ordered. The service was attentive without becoming overbearing. We dined on a Saturday night and the two piece band was decent - the volume was such that our party of four could hold a decent conversation without the need to yell.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good experienceBhamdinerVIPDined on 5/2/2014A group of us were in town for a meeting and the hotel recommended Louie's. We had a group of 4 for dinner and ordered 3 Bone-in Ribeyes & 1 Prime Rib. The portion sizes were very generous and the Prime Rib reminded us of the Flintstones. The House Cab was great, sides were tasty and overall a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Going Back!GreecyfrogDined on 4/28/20141st Visit (Approx.11 yrs ago)-Food fine, had a great dining experience. Ate HALF my dinner saving the other half for the next day. Asked the waiter to wrap my dinner. When I opened my leftovers the potatoes, vegetables and a steak bone I was saving for my dog had been discarded and I was left with a half a piece of meat! I was not happy. 2nd visit 2014-Read the menu on internet prior to arrival. Asked server the specials she did not offer the special listed on the internet (smothered rib eye steak & dessert). Ordered the rib eye steak special. At meals end had to ask for dessert! Ordered the Lamb Lolly Pop Appetizer and requested well done. They were extremely RARE! Sangria-outstanding Grades: Food Taste-A Service-FSpecial Features:
- matthew1030Dined on 4/26/2014Everything was great except for the music! During dinner it was loud and not very good. Someone playing the piano would have been perfect! Sorry Louie to me your more of an upscale restaurant then trying to be a night club.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/23/2014Great place, friendly staff. I would've given a higher rating but when we looked over the bill the next morning we saw they charged us for a bottle of champagne we didn't receive. Nevertheless, we called and they said they would credit our card for the charge. An inconvenience, but overall nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteaksCarnivoreDined on 4/19/2014Good as any steak in Chicago without the price and hassle of going downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.