Lou & Mickey's
224 Fifth Avenue
San Diego, CA 92101Neighborhood:
Downtown / Gaslamp
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Lou & Mickey's
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.louandmickeys.com/
- Phone: 6192374900x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: MONDAY - FRIDAY: 11:30 AM - 4:00pm PM
-NO VALET DURING LUNCH-
SUNDAY - THURSDAY: 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM
FRIDAY- SATURDAY: 4:00 PM - 11:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Lou & Mickey's can accomodate groups from 12-400. 2 private dining spaces, custom menus for sit-down dinners & receptions. Perfect for corporate meetings, rehearsal dinners & graduations.
A word from Lou & Mickey's
Gaslamp's "Favorite Steakhouse" is directly across the street from the San Diego Convention Center and two blocks from Petco Park. Join us for famous steaks, choice seafood, and exotic drinks.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Lou & Mickey's - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Gaslamp ›
Lou & Mickey's reviews from OpenTable diners
114 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (66)great for outdoor dining (59)good for groups (48)neighborhood gem (35)fit for foodies (34)romantic (33)notable wine list (28)hot spot (26)great for lunch (21)scenic view (16)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (12)great for brunch (4)Show More
- anothergreatoneDined on 8/22/2014It was a very expensive dinner. However, the food was top notch and the service outstanding. A great variety of chilled shellfish. Top grade beef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Birthday DinnerMariaBDined on 8/22/2014This was our second time having dinner at Lou & Mickey's and it was absolutely fantastic. We started with the goat cheese and roasted garlic appetizer (amazing), then my husband had the baseball cut filet and I had the filet three-way (three different sauces). I had a wonderful grasshopper drink that tasted exactly like an Andes Mint and he had the Shark's Tooth (tropical drink). They let him select any dessert he wanted on the house for his birthday, so we split their sundae (homemade vanilla and chocolate ice cream, fudge sauce and carmelized pecans). Everything was wonderful and the service was top-notch. We will make this a regular stop when we are down in San Diego for dinner.Special Features:
- Sub-par for the priceJeffADined on 8/14/2014We have been to many Prime Steak restaurants and don't mind paying for a really awesome meal, but the just was not up to the standard that we expect for a $50 steak (with sides extra). Don't get me wrong, it was a _good_ steak, and the service was _good_, but both lacked sizzle. If this were a $30 steak (including sides) it would be rated higher. Just one more thing... the martini had two olives, which is somewhat of a faux pas for martini lovers.
- Excellent cookMarDeg50Dined on 8/10/2014Hi. This place is in a busy downtown area between buildings very close to train station and the Convention Center, with some attractive view. So, It isn't it's a little noisy and then a lot of people walking around great if you like to see a lot of peoples when you enjoying your meal.I make a reservationI am beginning to find something at the Coronado. I thought I going to be at the Coronado Lou,..when I figured it out its in a downtown I just leave it there and I'll come over.Great New Orleans Shrimps appetizer I recommended! Great parking $15.French onion soup I ask for not 2 heavy stuff, was to cheese for me. Homeless man stop and bother for quick group Glass of chardonnay great w file Mignon a baked 2 big potato & asparagus.Total $150.Special Features:
- Amazing Experience All Around!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Lou & Mickey's was the best dining experience that I have had in a long time! The food was great, the service was great, the drinks were great...really, EVERYTHING was great! I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who can afford it! Definitely worth the price though!Special Features:
- Fantastic SteaksDinDin4meVIPDined on 8/3/2014If you are into steaks this is the place to be. Had the filet mignon and it was cooked to perfection (rare and juicy). Service was outstanding. Our waiter very well versed in wine selection and the steaks on hand. I was disappointed that Lou & Mickey's did not offer hot lava cake on the dessert menu. Slight oversight, overall experience was well worth it. Thanks Lou & Mickey's for a fabulous steak din din!!Special Features:
- Great steaks!boscobelanger1Dined on 8/1/2014The steaks here are awesome! We made a reservation at the last minute and they honored it even though we were 15 minutes late.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gaslamp Finestchill1Dined on 7/29/2014I thought the Service was awesome. The staff was very Friendly and accommodating, the manager even helped me tie my Bow Tie so needless to say he went above and beyond for a customer. It was my wife and I 8th year anniversary and the waiter took note of that and made an extra effort to ensure that we had a wonderful dinning experience. The food was excellent & I would recommend anyone to visit. We had an 20oz bone - in Rib Eye and it was cooked to perfection. Bravo GuysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceMikeVIPDined on 7/27/2014Took a group or work colleagues. Food is terrific and high quality. Great wine list with impressive display. The staff was professional and friendly, our waiter made it fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!!drumDined on 7/26/2014L&m showed my wife an amazing dinner during h e r bday and comic-con saturday. Foods amazing, view was even better!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food amid the ComicCon chaos!DowntowndinerVIPDined on 7/25/2014Great view and even better food during ComicCon! Service was prompt even with the crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So happy they are open during SDCC!FrankWDined on 7/24/2014Was excited to see that during my trip to Comic Con this year they were open again. With cnet buying them out for the last few years to use as their headquarters, it had been a number of disappointing trips to SD. But back to normal, and hopefully for a few years! Great food, excellent crab cake, I was in heaven!Special Features:
- Finally open again!epik73Dined on 7/23/2014I've been attending the San Diego comic con for 9 years straight now and have always eaten at Lou and Mickey's across from the convention center ,unfortunately for the last few years the restaurant has rented out the building to a video game company for promotion during the convention,I was very happy that this year on preview night we were able to enjoy a meal at our favorite San Diego restaurant Lou and Mickeys.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place consistant foodluvefoodDined on 7/23/2014I have the breaded chicken breast which is outstanding not in menu have waitress ask the chefSpecial Features:
- KevinDDined on 7/20/2014Always enjoy it! Food and service very consistent.Special Features:
- Delish!divadev8Dined on 7/19/2014Lou & Mickey's never disappoints! Delicious food, the wait staff is very attentive and the dirty martinis with blue cheese stuffed olives are on point!Special Features:
- Always Consistent!plernerVIPDined on 7/18/2014Food is consistently good and although I've only eaten steak there, the menu is large and offers other choices which I'm sure are wonderful. The service is great from the time you walk in the door. The location is terrific because Lou and Mickey's is located at the beginning of the Gaslamp district. They are close to where the action is, but not in the middle of the chaos especially on a weekend night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great drinks, good foodsdco1Dined on 7/17/2014One of our favorite upscale places. greats drinks and atmosphere, but the last visit the food seems to have slipped a bit. caprese salad was good, but grilled artichoke was so chewy it was almost inedible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- San Diego Convention Ctr 'Go To'kmapsmithDined on 7/15/2014I've attended a User Conference in San Diego for many years and can always count on Lou & Mickey's, located a short walk from the Convention Center. Whether you have a meeting with one other or a group of 10, you will be seated promptly, have great service, and get great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT NEIGHBORHOOD FINDcatherinelDined on 7/12/2014This was our second trip to Lou & Mickey's, a wonderful locally owned steakhouse at the entrance to the Gaslamp District in San Diego. The menu is fairly traditional, with the things you would expect from a good steakhouse, but being right by the water, their fish and seafood were fresh and the selections varied. The service was friendly and attentive, and I like the traditional old-style steakhouse décor-- dark wood and dim lights, though it doesn't feel at all dated. A great steakhouse in one of San Diego's most energetic neighborhoods. We visit San Diego a few times a year and would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great food, bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/11/2014Steak, crab, scalloped potatoes were all delicious! But, the service was pretty bad. It took forever for the server to take out order. We even told him we were ready to order and he said he will come back in a few minutes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun way to enjoy the GaslampWant2havefunDined on 7/6/2014Great Patio with interesting appetizers and a killer Bloody Mary.Special Features:
- Great food poor serviceJodes89Dined on 7/5/2014Food was amazing and wonderful but the service left much to be desired. We were dissappointed. The server at the table next to us,however, was wonderfully attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CpetersonDined on 7/3/2014If you enjoy a good steak, great service, beauftiful location then you need to come here. We won't eat steak at other restaurants because it just doesn't measure up. We have tried other meals here but we come here mostly for the steak or to stop in for a cocktail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteaksOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/30/2014Enjoyed the Filet Oscar, next time will have to try the 3 way! Thanks for a great night/dinner to celebrate our anniversary!Special Features:
- Delicious!LuvagoodmealDined on 6/29/2014I had the crab cakes and my husband has steak. Both were way above par. Very good. Highly recommend. Not inexpensive though.Special Features:
- Very good and reasonably pricedPNSFDined on 6/25/2014Was here for lunch two times during a very large convention. One time with reservation, one time without. Both times, no issue getting a larger table and the overall experience was great. Food is priced reasonably for being located in front of a convention center. Burger and steaks are very good, actually. There are some bar like restaurants nearby that do not offer this quality but charge similarly or even higher. Atmopshere is nice. Service was not always fast, but very friendly. The noise level is still ok for talking some business but there might be quieter places for this.Special Features:
- Covenient location to Conv. CenterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/25/2014This was a good place for a business lunch. The clam chowder was very good, the linguini and claims was just OK. My lunch party had the salmon special and commented that it was very good also. Service was good with one exception - the waiter took a long time to deliver the bill and return my credit card. This was probably due to the lunch rush. I would return to this restaurant and recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2014Far too expensive for variety and quality of food and wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BruinVIPDined on 6/24/2014Great food and service, came here for a meeting and it worked out well.Special Features:
- Great food & service; trolley bellsPowayFamilyDinersDined on 6/20/2014The food and service were tremendous, and we really enjoyed having dinner at Lou & Mickey's before a Padres game. The only negative, and it's not really the restaurant, is the constant ringing of the trolley bells. Of course, we were there at rush hour on Friday, so it was a worst case scenario. That said, the food was the best we've had in a long time. My daughter's filet mignon was as tender and flavorful as I've ever had (she let us taste it), our seafood was really good, and my other daughter's pasta and shrimp was very good. Appetizers were also delicious. If you want a special night out (and don't mind spending a bit more than for a run-of-the-mill restaurant), this is the place to go downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and amazing staff!PartyOf5Dined on 6/19/2014Our server was attentive and the management was full of great spirits! An excellent dinner. Many thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun People watchingSosingDined on 6/17/2014Good food and good service right at the entrance to the gaslamp. Fun to sit outside and watch the street life go bye.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet Class in the Busy GaslampPurpleGrinDined on 6/14/2014Had a great time here! Class, elegance and peace in a fairly busy part of town. Awesome food, prepared perfectly. Staff was attentive and competent without being too much. I had stopped in here for a drink before and always wanted to hit it for dinner. Glad I did.Special Features:
- After Graduation Celebrationteachermom1954VIPDined on 6/11/2014We attended my daughter's graduation from National University and the parking lot was just jammed trying to get out so we decided to stay and eat something then try to leave. We went on OPEN TABLE and found Lou and Mickey's which was just a few steps away from where we were. Made the reservation and walked over. The place was amazing. It was like stepping back into history. Food was great, service was great also. We asked for a booth and at first they put us up by a station that was very busy so we asked to be changed which they did very quickly with no hassle. We enjoyed our celebration dinner very much and would go back again when we are in San Diego.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for dinning downtownNek24Dined on 6/8/2014Waiter was great, not overbearing at all but still very attentive. Was able to pick a PERFECT pairing to both my girlfriends and my own meal. (Salmon and a new york strip) The only part of the meal that was not 5 star was the side of macaroni that we got, it was good but not great. The girlfriend said the salmon was VERY fresh, but still a little dry but she finished it all because it was still good. I had no complaints, blue cheese crust was by far what blew me away. I have never had that much blue cheese on a steak before (I am a HUGE fan of cheese haha). The steak was cooked perfectly and I barely needed the knife to cut through it...melt in your mouth. I loved Lou and Mickey's and will be sure to come here everytime I am in the gaslamp.Special Features:
- Overall a great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/7/2014Went here while visiting San Diego for my husband's birthday. It was recommended by friends. Food was fabulous. My filet was one of the best things I've eaten in a long while. Very tender and full of flavor. My husband got steak and lobster and both were wonderful. The lobster was perfectly done. Service was great. Wine was off the charts (Turley Zin 2005). We made a poor decision to sit in the area by the windows. It was very loud and didn't provide much atmosphere, which is important to me when I'm dropping money on a meal. The rest of the restaurant probably would have provided that for us, but I didn't want to move after we had already started our meal. We are not "those people". We would go here again and would recommend itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a night!MOManALDined on 6/2/2014It started with showing up 30 minutes for our reservation and being told it was not a problem and we were seated immediately. The service was amazing. We ordered the mozzarella appetizer, crab bisque, 8 oz filet. All cooked to perfection. I would recommend this place without any hesitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- June 2June2ndDined on 6/2/2014Close to our hotel (Hyatt). Anthony did a great job taking care of our group of 6. Held the appetizers that some ordered as their meal. Drinks filled, food on time, nice job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find in Lou & Mickey's!KDKStarDined on 6/2/2014Whether making a reservation (online), calling to confirm, or showing up slightly early to see if we could go ahead with our reservation, Lou & Mickey's staff was very friendly. The food was delicious and the waitress was very knowledgeable about different items on the menu. Loved sitting outside and the staff was prompt in turning on the heaters as the air cooled quickly. The only slightly negative side was the delay in getting our food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.